Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:55:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NOTROLL.IN admin overnight withdrew 25% of our coins from our balances !  (Read 18268 times)
serge79 (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:37:43 PM

Careful people, yesterday night our savings, hosted on our balance on http://notroll.in , biggest litecoin pool in the world, were plundered by admin.

Everybody has lost 25% of his total savings, we're screwed.

Anyone has any suggestion?
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:38:23 PM

proof?

more or less retired.
serge79 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 08:58:28 PM

You can find proofs in notroll.in thread here on bitcointalk.org

I never withdrew so my balance used to be same as earned coins, and my address clear of transaction (i created a litecoin address, joined notroll.in since its bigger pool of the world and i thought it to be safe and i never did a transaction with it)

Yesterday I lost exactly 25% of my total balance.

Nicksasa, notroll.in admin, logged yesterday on this site to say:

1) i'm in hospital so i dont have access to my cold wallet
2) I overpayed miners (1%fee instead of 5%) for 14 hours
3) To recover my minor gains I took out a certain sum from actual balances (not sure if every account or only the ones mining in last two days)
4) There's no more money on hot wallet, except blocks we're hashing right now, so you'll experience problems with withdrawal of your remaining coins.

ChanceCoats123

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:28:04 PM

I'm confused why you keep so many Ltc in your pool account. My payout threshold is 1 and so should everyone else's. Same reason I don't keep btc on mtgox o or ltc on btc-e.  Huh
debianlinux

Activity: 221

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:31:24 PM

I'm confused why you keep so many Ltc in your pool account. My payout threshold is 1 and so should everyone else's. Same reason I don't keep btc on mtgox o or ltc on btc-e.  Huh

Yes, she deserved the rape, look at how she was dressed.
Nicksasa

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 10:32:58 PM

1% fee instead ?? you were paid DOUBLE.
2 days and 14h for getwork miners, 14h for stratum miners.

jmmichael93

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 10:55:52 PM

I wasn't mining on your pool at all during the period of double payment, so how do you explain my funds getting cut as well?  Seems rather unfair to punish everyone because you made a mistake and double paid out during a period of time. 
serge79 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:50:47 AM

I'm lucky it's not "many Ltc" but close to 10. I thought 20 was a fair amount to withdraw, I thought less transactions and a bit of deposit could help the pool management. I'm a total noob in mining and I set it at 1 today.

I didn't like we got an haircut on our savings, (10 or 1000 would be the same) and a 25% one seems very high and I opened this thread to warn people about importance of keep very low funds on pools.

Glad to see you're feeling better, Nicksasa, I joined your pool a week ago, I'm very disappointed right now but I'm going to stay and see if things improve. This doesn't seem a good week for notroll.in, maybe I joined at the wrong moment and my judgement is partial.

DannyM

Activity: 275

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 12:59:14 AM

notroll is in Cyprus I guess
rbbrdckybk

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:01:26 AM

My girlfriend barely mined at all during the the last few days on notroll.in. She unfortunately had also never cashed out. Which means that she had 35 LTC sitting in her account at notroll.in, which took her weeks to accumulate at 150 kH/sec.

You decided to simply take 10 LTC out of her account, because you made a mistake with your site and burned yourself. She wasn't even mining during the overpayment period, and even if she was, she certainly doesn't mine 20 LTC in one day (the amount she would have had to have mined during a double payment period for this adjustment to have been "fair"). 10 LTC is almost 1/3 of all the LTC she has EVER mined, in the weeks she's been active on notroll.in!

That is outright theft, and I cannot believe that there are still people mining in your pool after this.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. BC1BgMbaHFWArSHxTCNjTTFCeWt2pD9LRU
Nicksasa

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 01:13:06 AM

My girlfriend barely mined at all during the the last few days on notroll.in. She unfortunately had also never cashed out. Which means that she had 35 LTC sitting in her account at notroll.in, which took her weeks to accumulate at 150 kH/sec.

You decided to simply take 10 LTC out of her account, because you made a mistake with your site and burned yourself. She wasn't even mining during the overpayment period, and even if she was, she certainly doesn't mine 20 LTC in one day (the amount she would have had to have mined during a double payment period for this adjustment to have been "fair"). 10 LTC is almost 1/3 of all the LTC she has EVER mined, in the weeks she's been active on notroll.in!

That is outright theft, and I cannot believe that there are still people mining in your pool after this.
Instead of acting like this, you should really read my latest posts on the main topic. And I burned myself ? It's the pool that is the victim. And the fact that nobody even bothered to tell me (out of the 2000 users, in 2 days) they were getting paid double ... some of you guys knew this was coming.Would you rather have the pool closing, just like MtRed and only get half of your funds ?  Roll Eyes

khamark

Activity: 72

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:16:34 AM

I cannot withdraw any of my ltc now, so i guess that the "problems" you were referring to is that the hot wallet is empty? how long will i have to wait to withdraw? (i was guessing you took 10% from our income to put them in hot wallet...seems i'm wrong?)
manface

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:16:34 AM

Instead of acting like this, you should really read my latest posts on the main topic. And I burned myself ? It's the pool that is the victim. And the fact that nobody even bothered to tell me (out of the 2000 users, in 2 days) they were getting paid double ... some of you guys knew this was coming.Would you rather have the pool closing, just like MtRed and only get half of your funds ?  Roll Eyes

Instead of taking funds from people who didn't double mine shouldn't you have taken it from those that did? And then covered the losses yourself for the mistake you made?
Nicksasa

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 01:18:46 AM

Instead of taking funds from people who didn't double mine shouldn't you have taken it from those that did? And then covered the losses yourself for the mistake you made?
There was no easy way to do that. And I should cover them ? Are you kidding ? Blame the +2000 users that did like their nose was bleeding.

rbbrdckybk

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:23:17 AM

Exactly.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
manface

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:25:08 AM

There was no easy way to do that. And I should cover them ? Are you kidding ? Blame the +2000 users that did like their nose was bleeding.

You run the pool so the responsibility of it ends up on your shoulders. Your pool was paying people double, that is your responsibility. You have now taken funds from people who didn't even benefit from the double mining to cover *your* losses. That seems shady in my opinion.

It sucks for you but I'm not sure taking it out on other people is the right course of action here.
Nicksasa

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 01:29:26 AM

If you are so interested anyway you should've read my latest posts in the main topic. But no, ofcourse you haven't.
I'm really starting to wonder why I am even doing all this trouble anymore, if this is all I get back anyway. LTC community has gone downhill since the price went up, there's no doubt about that  Roll Eyes

rbbrdckybk

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:33:46 AM

As people have already explained to you, it is doubtful that anyone knew they were being paid double. My last full day of mining at notroll.in, I was credited for 5.5 LTC over a 24 hour period. This is with ~2400 kH/sec of hashing power. My daily expectation at a PPS site at the time was about 12 LTC/day. With all of the downtime, slowness, and submitted shares that simply disappeared at notroll.in, a typical day for me mining there was worth about 1/2 of expectation.

If my 5.5 daily LTC suddenly doubled to 11 LTC, I certainly wouldn't think I was being double paid. I would think that the site was actually running smoothly for the first time in over a week.

I can't believe that you're sitting there blaming your users for your own dishonesty.

manface

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:37:36 AM

If you are so interested anyway you should've read my latest posts in the main topic. But no, ofcourse you haven't.
I'm really starting to wonder why I am even doing all this trouble anymore, if this is all I get back anyway. LTC community has gone downhill since the price went up, there's no doubt about that  Roll Eyes

Why blame the litecoin community for your behavior? You made a mistake, now you're taking thousands of dollars away from other innocent people to cover *your* mistake. I don't know how much more simple this could be. You are living in denial about it.

If you can't run a pool properly don't run one. You let other people waste their money mining at your pool and then spend their money without authorization. You blame your mistake on the people who supposedly should have told you about your mistake instead of taking responsibility for it yourself for making the mistake in the first place, like a mature professional would.
Nicksasa

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 01:44:56 AM

I'm really starting to wonder why I am even doing all this trouble anymore, if this is all I get back anyway. LTC community has gone downhill since the price went up, there's no doubt about that  Roll Eyes

Why blame the litecoin community for your behavior? You made a mistake, now you're taking thousands of dollars away from other innocent people to cover *your* mistake. I don't know how much more simple this could be. You are living in denial about it.

If you can't run a pool properly don't run one.
Shrug, read my latest posts on the main topic. I can't make it simpler then that. I've already said i will put something up for users that got taken too much from. WHat's next ? You are going to say i shouldn't take anything from the miners that were paid double ?  Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: