Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:31:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NOTROLL.IN admin overnight withdrew 25% of our coins from our balances !  (Read 18269 times)
manface

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:47:52 AM

Shrug, read my latest posts on the main topic. I can't make it simpler then that. I've already said i will put something up for users that got taken too much from. WHat's next ? You are going to say i shouldn't take anything from the miners that were paid double ?  Roll Eyes

No one has information on how much you actually paid double to people. Why was 25% the magic number? Why don't you own up to your mistake instead of blaming everyone else for it? You are still refusing to take credit for the mistake. This is all your fault, a problem caused by you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:49:57 AM

Instead of acting like this, you should really read my latest posts on the main topic. And I burned myself ? It's the pool that is the victim. And the fact that nobody even bothered to tell me (out of the 2000 users, in 2 days) they were getting paid double ... some of you guys knew this was coming.Would you rather have the pool closing, just like MtRed and only get half of your funds ?  Roll Eyes

Instead of taking funds from people who didn't double mine shouldn't you have taken it from those that did? And then covered the losses yourself for the mistake you made?
There was no easy way to do that. And I should cover them ? Are you kidding ? Blame the +2000 users that did like their nose was bleeding.

Well, I have nothing to do with your pool but you're handling this terribly.   I wouldn't expect too many people to stick around (I certainly wouldn't).
Nicksasa

Activity: 288
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 01:51:20 AM

Have I EVER denied it wasn't a problem caused by me ? No, I haven't. But you can't blame me for pointing out that nobody bothered to contact me in 2 days that they were being double paid.
You're lucky that I'm not a total dick and just disappeared with the pool (that has happend before with ltc pools.).

And i'm not sure if i have said this before, but i have already put all of my personal ltc in it (2k).

manface

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:53:55 AM

Have I EVER denied it wasn't a problem caused by me ? No, I haven't. But you can't blame me for pointing out that nobody bothered to contact me in 2 days that they were being double paid.
You're lucky that I'm not a total dick and just disappeared with the pool (that has happend before with ltc pools.).

Oh so this is why you are treating people with contempt. Because you actually "stuck around" and stole 25% instead of stealing 100% you feel like people owe you a bit of gratitude. Understood.

Can we give Nicksasa some gratitude for only stealing 25% of the funds and sticking around? People? Come on he's not like those other pool guys who just ran with everything.
Nicksasa

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 01:56:45 AM

Oh so this is why you are treating people with contempt. Because you actually "stuck around" and stole 25% instead of stealing 100% you feel like people owe you a bit of gratitude. Understood.

Can we give Nicksasa some gratitude for only stealing 25% of the funds and sticking around? People? Come on he's not like those other pool guys who just ran with everything.
You are saying "stole" as it was for personal intentions... At that point i HAD no choice. I should've just kept it quiet and let the pool go total bankrupt then I guess.

Honestly, some people will be on my bitcointalk banlist tomorrow.

simonk83

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:59:58 AM

I think a certain pool will be on a lot of people's banlists tomorrow.   Well done, you royally screwed this whole thing up.
manface

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:00:09 AM

You are saying "stole" as it was for personal intentions... At that point i HAD no choice. I should've just kept it quiet and let the pool go total bankrupt then I guess.

You did steal it, stealing is taking without asking, which is what you did. You are justifying the theft because your mistake was paying out some people double for mining (apparently, this hasn't been proven).

What you should have done is simply covered the costs of your mistake yourself. This is what a professional would have done. This is what anyone who wants to continue doing business does.

An immature person with no business sense blames everyone else, steals their funds to cover their own loss and then attacks people who criticize their behavior. ie You. Rather than NICKSASA lose money for this mistake all the pool users do collectively. NICKSASA comes out on top for his mistake, the pool users don't.

You are living in denial my friend.
elchorizo

Activity: 236

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:00:45 AM

Nick,

I contacted you about buying notroll.in off of you. I would be willing to purchase the pool from you and even reimburse the people that got "taxed" for the mistake.

Please send me a PM about this, I'm willing to put up the cash to make this RIGHT by everyone.

BTC: 1Chorizo6WNabZxVfQyGtvF4JiRt7Hexxb
LTC: Lchorizoy8ck7Arbby8LDnw5wAmi8h6Hzb
elvisrene

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:01:01 AM

i left notroll.in for that reason the kh/s just suddenly decreased from 2400 to 1000 and that was all during 24 h period when i saw that i went stage left exit just saying dont just trow your miners into the pool and let them swim on there own ...
Nicksasa

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 02:03:24 AM

You did steal it, stealing is taking without asking, which is what you did. You are justifying the theft because your mistake was paying out some people double for mining (apparently, this hasn't been proven).

What you should have done is simply covered the costs of your mistake yourself. This is what a professional would have done. This is what anyone who wants to continue doing business does.

An immature person with no business sense blames everyone else, steals their funds to cover their own loss and then attacks people who criticize their behavior. ie You. Rather than NICKSASA lose money for this mistake all the pool users do collectively. NICKSASA comes out on top for his mistake, the pool users don't.

You are living in denial my friend.
I don't even understand why you are STILL going on with this, i have already said i will put a page or so up for the people that got taken too much. Keep ignoring it and bashing me, we'll see where it gets you.
I'm done.

manface

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:06:56 AM

I don't even understand why you are STILL going on with this, i have already said i will put a page or so up for the people that got taken too much. Keep ignoring it and bashing me, we'll see where it gets you.
I'm done.

You have all the information you need to correct this issue in your database. You know who got paid double (If any), you know who you took money from. If you already had money to cover the losses you wouldn't have stolen 25% already. Instead of asking people to come to you why don't you just give back the 25% you stole already. Anything less is a theft for your mistake.
Nicksasa

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 02:11:22 AM

I'm done.

You have all the information you need to correct this issue in your database. You know who got paid double (If any), you know who you took money from. If you already had money to cover the losses you wouldn't have stolen 25% already. Instead of asking people to come to you why don't you just give back the 25% you stole already. Anything less is a theft for your mistake.
Lol, so i should even give the users that got paid 2.5 days it back. Come on, srsly ? Remember when btcguild paid out 1250BTC too much ...
And no it's not that easy to tell who got paid double, there is no diffrence in the db if a user is using stratum or getwork.

manface

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:16:45 AM

Lol, so i should even give the users that got paid 2.5 days it back. Come on, srsly ? Remember when btcguild paid out 1250BTC too much ...
And no it's not that easy to tell who got paid double, there is no diffrence in the db if a user is using stratum or getwork.

Yes you should pay back _everyone_ you took money from. Like you said you can't tell who did benefit and who didn't. It was your mistake you should pay for it.
Nicksasa

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 02:17:41 AM

Yes you should pay back _everyone_ you took money from. Like you said you can't tell who did benefit and who didn't. It was your mistake you should pay for it.
You sir, are living in a dream world.

maunderingcabal

Activity: 154

Don't dwell in the past, don't dream of the future

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 02:20:19 AM

25% of 0 is .... 0 lost. Why would anyone keep coins floating on a pool that could crash or rob you at any minute? Lesson learned for some people.

You like my post? Buy me a beer for ฿0.01
13KKQYQLmDFaTtcoPDtnt3My1PPUdcc8AL
My website/blog/bitcoin store
peacefulmind

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:24:51 AM

Nick if you want to cash out send me a PM.

I will purchase the pool outright.

Quote from: FrictionlessCoin
"I think you are to hung up on this notion about 'pre-mining' being a No-No."
- from journeys into the dark depths of the alt coin forum....
rbbrdckybk

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:26:59 AM

25% of 0 is .... 0 lost. Why would anyone keep coins floating on a pool that could crash or rob you at any minute? Lesson learned for some people.

Many people were unable to cash out for days due to a site "bug", and then because notroll.in's payout wallet was apparently empty.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
Bwincoin - 100% Free POS. BC1BgMbaHFWArSHxTCNjTTFCeWt2pD9LRU
manface

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:47:27 AM

You sir, are living in a dream world.

I know right, it's much easier to not take responsibility for your actions. Good that you took the hard road there of stealing peoples funds to pay for your mistake. Bravo!
GForce

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:03:37 AM

P2Pool is nice.
jmmichael93

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 03:12:14 AM

What others have been voicing is exactly what I've been trying to say in my posts.  If this pool was treated like a real business, ran by a competent owner, this would never fly.  Business 101, if you make a mistake, you pay for it, not your employees, not your customers.  If you noticed that you were losing money because of a mistake you made on the pool and needed to take immediate action, maybe a better option would have been to shut it down temporarily until you could get it fixed rather then just take funds from people to cover your own ass.  The excuse that no one bothered to contact you to mention the double payment just doesn't cut it.  It's your responsibility to keep tabs on the way your pool operates.  How would any of us know we were getting double paid considering this pool has been running so shaky lately?  As others mentioned, maybe a lot of people just thought the problems were finally fixed and we were getting what we should.  Anyways, your entire tone in these threads is just insulting to your miners.  Fess up to your mistake, make it right with everyone, if you have to eat the costs a bit, well, maybe lesson learned for you and you'll be a little more careful in the future.

Maybe it's time someone just put this up in the Scam thread and let it get sorted out there?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: