Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:32:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Weak / Narrow Blockchain AI  (Read 5666 times)
poptop
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1246

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 11:00:24 PM

Oracle Blockchain is 100% fully functional already, Oracle AI is still in development ~ 20 % complete, Oracle Multiwallet is 75% done, Oracle Cross-chain swap is at 0% , and so is Oracle Financial Markets.

So to answer your question, mining can start anytime, though i'd like to launch more than just a blockchain. Wait a while longer, you'll be happy with what comes of it.

Will there be ICO?

Moжeт ли дoмaшкa вocьмиклaccникa cтoить 1 битoк?  Huh Pынoк кpипты пepeгpeт, нo пepeгpeт ли pынoк гoлoвoлoмoк c кpиптoй? Кaк мoжнo пpятaть cвoи битoчки oт пocтopoнниx глaз? Huh Paзгaдывaeм нeдaвниe дaвниe гoлoвoлoмки Энди Бayчa вмecтe
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Activity: 380
Merit: 103

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 11:08:52 PM

Oracle Blockchain is 100% fully functional already, Oracle AI is still in development ~ 20 % complete, Oracle Multiwallet is 75% done, Oracle Cross-chain swap is at 0% , and so is Oracle Financial Markets.

So to answer your question, mining can start anytime, though i'd like to launch more than just a blockchain. Wait a while longer, you'll be happy with what comes of it.

Will there be ICO?

Yes, I am considering goal based crowdfunding using Patreon.

Equality vs Equity...
Discord :- BlockMechanic#8560
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 09:24:25 AM

Will there be ICO?

I am glad the project is advancing, will there be an option to tune the blockchains someone wants to add ?
let's say i want to have bitcoin, litecoin, doge, dash, and also, maybe, ppcoin, blackcoin ? Will i be able to add all of them inside ?
By the way, still waiting for your answer.
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 11:31:08 AM

Will there be ICO?

I am glad the project is advancing, will there be an option to tune the blockchains someone wants to add ?
let's say i want to have bitcoin, litecoin, doge, dash, and also, maybe, ppcoin, blackcoin ? Will i be able to add all of them inside ?
By the way, still waiting for your answer.

Unfortunately my current level of c++ does not allow me to make dynamic coin adding, so not in the first release. But once i master templating and we can entice better devs with funds, we will have that ability, the only limits will be your bandwidth, ram and processor power.

An alternative could be that if a user wants a coin added, they can start a campaign, raise funds and once the funds reach a certain mark, the work to add the coin will be done. this has the added advantage of only allowing coins that are actively supported. Maybe we can come up with criteria for coins that want to be added and see how that works out.

The multiwallet also has an advantage for coins that need more nodes, every client becomes part of the network.

I will respond to Pms in a short while, i just need to get this working.

Equality vs Equity...
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 12:19:49 PM

For those asking about an ICO, i do not like to think of it as such, the term has become so abused on this forum that it no longer means or serves the purpose it is meant to.

Oracle will have a crowdfund , maybe two rounds. The funds collected will be used in development, paying devs, designers and consultants as well as maintaining a minimum node threshold to keep the network active and the AI from becoming biased

Equality vs Equity...
johhnyUA
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1834

Crypto for the Crypto Throne!

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:40:22 PM

You are quite right, fees are incentive for miners in typical cryptos, but here they also have other roles such as helping to manage the overall supply. If you remember Bitcoin before CORE took over, fees were optional so what i am suggesting is not too radical, it's just a different approach to the issue. Fess in Oracle, can be high, moderate or even go down to zero. The thing is the fee rate is part of consensus, thus across the network, the fee is the same, miners cannot discriminate transactions since they all have the same fee per kb.

I think it's very bad idea. Don't forget that this system failed in bitcoin. This system is good for ordinary customer but not good for miner.

I disagree with you when it comes to the reward issue, firstly the purpose of mining is not to reward the miners. Actually the purpose of mining is processing of transactions and securing the chain by producing subsequent blocks. Miners are simply paid to do this. The money supply control mechanism in most coins is actually the "halving" concept. in our case, we want strict control of money supply so that it makes sense and reflects current financial conditions. This means that if there is a slump or boom IRL
the chain will reflect this. The way i am setting up the network is such that there is little reliance on mining, since PoS (which is less resource intensive) is available.

You need not worry about this AI taking over the worls. It is not a GAI it is a NAI.

Thanks for coming in the thread and feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Yes, but reward helps to encourage miners work. If you know, now mining (in bitcoin) can't exists without reward and commissions (electricity and mining devices very expensive for now). How do you make miners to mine without reward? Noone will want to do it and just spend their money and time.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
poptop
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1246

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 02:20:23 PM

For those asking about an ICO, i do not like to think of it as such, the term has become so abused on this forum that it no longer means or serves the purpose it is meant to.

Oracle will have a crowdfund , maybe two rounds. The funds collected will be used in development, paying devs, designers and consultants as well as maintaining a minimum node threshold to keep the network active and the AI from becoming biased

How will be used the coins? For what?

Moжeт ли дoмaшкa вocьмиклaccникa cтoить 1 битoк?  Huh Pынoк кpипты пepeгpeт, нo пepeгpeт ли pынoк гoлoвoлoмoк c кpиптoй? Кaк мoжнo пpятaть cвoи битoчки oт пocтopoнниx глaз? Huh Paзгaдывaeм нeдaвниe дaвниe гoлoвoлoмки Энди Бayчa вмecтe
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 08:12:56 PM

Some light reading :- https://www.wired.com/2017/02/bots-crowds-bitcoin-driving-next-hedge-fund-wave/

Equality vs Equity...
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 08:14:27 PM

How will be used the coins? For what?

The coin itself will be used for services in and outside the network, but the real material is in the AI, in data mining, in predictions and in modelling. The vast majority of the features are supportive of this.

Equality vs Equity...
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 08:41:53 PM

So the Oracle multi-wallet can now fully sync 3 chains or more. I think this will be enough for launch. I have removed the Dash integration code, it will serve two purposes in future.

1) To see if there is demand for more coins to be supported in the multi-wallet.
2) Guide to teach developers how to integrate new coins into the client

So , once i perfect this and build for windows and mac, (Maybe android)

i will start laying out how the launch will be handled.

Equality vs Equity...
emdje

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 08:35:09 AM

I'll be following this project, sounds interesting Smiley
nemgun

Activity: 882
Merit: 533

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 05:07:54 PM

it will be fine for windows and mac, but i think android will get you some troubles, you will have to take down many options to get it to work as it have to synce several chains at the same time.
I have been said that in order to make an android wallet, you must remove all CPU intencive tasks, i guess that block verification and database indexing are some of them.
Can it actually work with pruned chains ?
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 05:51:53 PM

it will be fine for windows and mac, but i think android will get you some troubles, you will have to take down many options to get it to work as it have to synce several chains at the same time.
I have been said that in order to make an android wallet, you must remove all CPU intencive tasks, i guess that block verification and database indexing are some of them.
Can it actually work with pruned chains ?

Hi

I have been considering this as well and have come up with the following :-

Desktop GUI version will run litecoin and bitcoin in pruned mode unless user specifies otherwise.

Android version will run all coins in SPV mode (not sure how i'm going to pull off SPV staking)

Daemon/Server versions will run full nodes.

Equality vs Equity...
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 06:01:48 PM

One thing i have just realized is that this possibly could be a way to create incentive for hosting Bitcoin and Litecoin full nodes.

Unfortunately the flurry of work around the multi-wallet has left work on the AI dead in the water for now. Since the chains are syncing, i have to mod the wallet and GUI to show these additional chains and allow users to transact over them.

The biggest hurdles are

1) RPC refactoring
2) Wallet Refactor
3) GUI refactor

Other big ticket items on the books are

1) Decentralized Exchange (AT)
2) Integration of custom trading software. (for centralized exchanges)
3) Fresh start on the AI front.

So, henceforth i am now preparing to launch this project. I will open a thread in the ANN section and post the link here. The rollout plan will be detailed in the thread.

Equality vs Equity...
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2017, 11:47:44 PM

Meanwhile on dev island...

So, small changes:-

1) The one wallet idea....not so hot. Let's use multiple wallets, although asking for a backup will give a single backup of all wallets.

2) The Multi-chain client currently supports 3 chains, with code lying around for a fourth (DASH)

3) Next stage (RPC Refactor), will come after i add something that seems may be needed if we want to use the same client on mobile SPV.

4) So, once SPV and RPC are done, it will be the GUI, i just completed the Wallet refactor.

The Oracle decentralized exchange can potentially work better and ensure more security and privacy because each oracle user is potentially running a full node. Ie for every supported currency.

Immediately after completion of the decentralized exchange, i will add interfaces for centralized exchanges, maybe two or three...

Once all this is stable, I go into AI development full swing since most of the material will be done and there will potentially be adaquate data with which to train the AI and for it to analyze process and operate on.

I am going to need help with launching first the plain oracle wallet, then the multi-chain wallet, anyone who has the time, please PM me.

Equality vs Equity...
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2017, 12:03:42 AM

Very deep conversation with fellow AI enthusiasts and we left it at a question i thought i'd share here.

Should AI develop through trial and error...or survival of the fittest ?

Equality vs Equity...
psionin

Activity: 465
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 06:49:20 AM

Very deep conversation with fellow AI enthusiasts and we left it at a question i thought i'd share here.

I don't think these two are mutually exclusive... in biological forms of life, an organism learns in real time through trial and error (learning to walk for example), while the evolutionary mechanism is used to rebuild the whole system, changing any aspect of the architecture to adapt to macro level trends.
blockDoc

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2017, 01:24:30 PM

I think trial and error would be the way to go, because it shows that the system will be learning from its previous mistakes, unlike survival of the fittest were the fittest might not be the best. Thats my take on it i guess!!
Blockchain Mechanic (OP)

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2017, 10:42:40 PM

Yes, that is true , but the more we immerse ourselves in studying evolution patterns the more concerned i am that perhaps these approaches may not lead to the results we want. We are Humans.. trying to apply human/biological concepts to the evolution of a computer. i know that people like to say our brains are biological computers, but i think it is an over-simplification. No two people are alike even if they are put through the same env.

Some researchers i chatted with likened a Ai's progression to that of a child and the vehemently tried to justify that, but my belief is that a 9 month old baby already far outpaces this. The human mind is processing different kinds of different types of different levels of data input all at once. There is not just one temp gauge , literally every part of our body is a temp sensor, wind vane, pressure gauge, Our ears are listening to hundreds of sounds and filter out noise just to leave us with what we want. We can talk about our eyes, but that is obvious, what bout the less obvious things... you can tell there is rain coming by complex combinations of factors , like smell, air quality, reduction in animal noise etc. Then we have the autonomous functions which probably outnumber conscious functions on magnitudes of thousands

While our minds generally "ignore" a lot of input, the right kind of stimulus can bump anything to the top and it comes into focus, intuition is also part of the human decision making process. Let's not forget risk taking and wrecklessness.

I am strongly leaning towards the survival of the fittest school of thought. I think that each AI that out performs others and assimilates them has far better potential to make it closer to a GAI than these current iterations.

Equality vs Equity...
psionin

Activity: 465
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 05:32:09 AM

I was thinking it would be interesting to make a virtual world where AIs can compete for bitcoins or other coins, maybe even trade them perhaps. The AIs that are most successful can evolve onto the next generation. What has there been done in regards to virtual world AIs? Probably has been discussed a lot in the past, but with the blockchain based digital currency there are new opportunities in regard to persistence and rewards.

What about something more of a narrow AI, as in the title of this thread, and more applicable to the digital currency sphere? How can narrow AI be used to, for instance, evaluate the integrity of a coin network, or perhaps make a better metric than the market cap to measure the amount of money that the network contains? The market cap can be really volatile, and doesn't apply if there is not enough liquidity to cover a large order that wants to enter or exit a currency. Can narrow AI be used to detect fake volume trading on exchanges? And is this term really any different from just any code that is already being used in the software to run the blockchains? (Since any logic and mathematical operations are the building blocks of some type of intelligence that can be referred to as "narrow AI")
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: