Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:13:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: No competition in the next 3 months, buy A4 now and enjoy the profit today!  (Read 3650 times)
kurbeks

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 03:39:13 PM

Gpu rig can also be risky. With new hardware coming out next or after 2 months (Vega and few new Nvdiai cards) it will push dificulty up again. Good if prices go up like now, but if they go down your ROI will be very long. Worse case if you buy GPU's from eBay you can just resell then.  Also consider just buying 1 bitcoin and keeping it.

What is your electricity price?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Inno_ASIC (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 108

Innosilicon ASIC official representative

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2017, 10:15:21 AM

Hey, everyone. We are so proud that Charlie Lee is using our A4 LTC miner to mine LTC!
See

Chinese New Year is coming and will stop all new production. Only A4 is available in volumes.

We have real volumes and promise shipment within 24hours after payment confirmation.

No better timing than now, limited A4 before Chinese New Year!
Mine now and enjoy the profit today!

If you want to place bulk order like 100 units or above, contact us directly and we will apply special discount for you.

Online store: http://www.innosilicon.com/html/a4-miner/ 
Email: luojm@innosilicon.com.cn

Innosilicon Mining ASIC official Account
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 11:47:48 AM

Chinese new year is coming, next 3 months you will enjoy no competition in mining since Chinese new year will stop all new production. Only A4 is available in volumes.

And a week later Bitmain released the Antminer L3 ...

False advertising

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
djgorilla

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 12:51:53 PM

Ive wrote them and asked for a new price after the announcement of the L3, they still want the same 1760$ per unit, crazy people
Wandika

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 01:28:48 PM

You're right kurbeks. I'm also interested to buy some Asic mining but i couldn't decide yet. My budget is limited around 1000$

Can't buy any ASICs for that price unless you buy some second hand on eBay or classifieds.

Your best bet is to buy a GPU rig.

I agree with that. With GPU, you can sell later.

coskunz

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 01:57:29 PM

How can I buy it with bitcoin? the international shipment is free or in charge.?
and how long can get A4 miner starting from payment confirmation.?
with this miner, how many litecoins can I mine for 1 day? Thank you.
Inno_ASIC (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 01:47:23 AM

How can I buy it with bitcoin? the international shipment is free or in charge.?
and how long can get A4 miner starting from payment confirmation.?
with this miner, how many litecoins can I mine for 1 day? Thank you.

We can accept payment via LTC. Shipping fee is extra.
Delivery will be finished within 24 hours after payment confirmation.
You can mine about 1.8 LTC per day according to the current difficulty.

Online store: http://www.innosilicon.com/html/a4-miner/

KNCFUN

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:18:00 AM

Did you fix the stability problem ?
Did you fix the noise problem in order to don't make like an airplane.

WTB working or unstable KNC TITAN cubes.
kurbeks

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 03:06:37 PM

Chinese new year is coming, next 3 months you will enjoy no competition in mining since Chinese new year will stop all new production. Only A4 is available in volumes.

And a week later Bitmain released the Antminer L3 ...

False advertising

Is there any REAL confirmations about L3 from Bitmain or any respectable site?  Currently it was posted on Ali with 0 feedback profile and several sites just copied info. There are 101 and more things that scream for scam.
savioroshan

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 06:29:44 PM

Whats this A4 actually?
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 10:25:41 PM

I just wanted to chime in on this thread to maybe clarify a few things about the B1&B2 A4 miner issues.  Also to possibly help clear up some of the confusion regarding Innosilicon and their warranty support.  Some of that confusion was possibly created by me so I thought it would be good if I tried to help clear up some of issues that have been brought up here.

First off Batch 1 and Batch 2 miners do in fact have performance issues.  Namely the inability to run stably on multicoin mining pools.  The stability issues calm down greatly on a single coin pool.  Inno has sent a jig that can flash the B1 and B2 miners to the US and it is making it's rounds to customers who have contacted Innosilicon and requested it.  The good news is that there were NOT a huge number of these B1 and B2 miners sold through Innosilicon.  So it should not be a difficult task to get the jig sent around to the miners that need it.

Initially I was trying to coordinate this activity to send the jig around to the owners of the miners, and it was my suggestion to have miners place a deposit and use a drawing to determine who gets the jig first.  However after the jig arrived it became a huge concern that it would be damaged in the shipping and I was afraid we would have to pay to replace that jig which is quite expensive.  So that was all my "brilliant idea" which frankly SUCKED.  We then came up with the idea to send the jig to one person who would be willing to flash all the miners.  However Inno was more concerned with your miners being damaged than the jig.  So Innosilicon decided that it would be better to mail the jig and they would replace it if it was damaged.  They are also picking up the cost of the shipment of the jig to the owners who need it.

To put things in context.  The fact that these miners shipped in October(to pre-order customers), Inno has done several software releases, and finally narrowed down the issue to a firmware problem that required a flash and a special jig to do the flash in the space of less than 2 months.  I cannot say that Innosilicon has not gone above and beyond to try and fix this issue.  The firmware flash does in fact fix the B1 and B2 miners stability issues.  They now run fine on multi-coin pools as well as single coin pools without the restarts and dropped hash board issues.

So I think it is an unfair statement to say Inno has not backed their product.  They are doing what is necessary to fix those customers affected by the early miners.  Anyone buying an A4 today from Inno will be getting a B3 or newer miner which does not have any of those issues.

I can also say that having owned the A4's that they appear to be solidly built miners and I can also say I have not heard anyone report having a miner die, bad boards, or anything of the sort.  I heard of one fan die.  That is it.  I think that says a lot and you wouldn't be able to say that about anything that Bitmain ships as of late.  

So if you buy an A4 I think you will get a solid and reliable miner.  These things are loud.  You won't be putting one of these in your house unless it is a basement, garage, or exterior building where you can isolate the noise.  I will also add that the advertised hash rate is not what I saw with my A4's.  This may very well be something that can be tuned, tweaked, and enhanced to increase the performance.  My average was somewhere around 250mhs with my A4's.  Your mileage may vary.  Some say they are getting very close to the rated performance.  I am pretty unlucky so maybe they are right.  I can only speak to my own experience.  Inno has stated they intend to open source the software.  So our community may very well be able to get the performance and enhancements we all would like to see in the GUI and the capabilities of the software.

I do believe Inno will back this product.  However it is rightly stated that there is now competition in this space, and it has been confirmed by multiple sources including Bitmain.  You can see the "placeholder" link from the Bitmain site here: https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020161229040715306ygMSJQLh06C0

It appears they already sold out of their L3 batch 1 miners.  They were only released in China at this point.  So Inno's statement about 3 months of no competition may very well be true.  It is too early to say and Inno wouldn't know the plans of their competitors so how could they know for sure?  At this point rumors have it that the L3's have sold out, but you can still find a few vendors who have them for some pretty high markups.  

So if you are looking for a Scrypt/Litecoin miner that is reliable and is backed by the company then the A4 is a good choice.  I can say that if you have been following any of the current Bitmain products you know they have a LOT of hardware issues.  Their warranty is really bad.  And honestly the L3 may be as bad as the S9 and R4's for reliability.  We honestly don't know what the L3 will be like.  Most people don't factor in those extra costs when looking at the Bitmain products.  If you have to ship units back to China, pay for repairs if the deem it was your fault, add up the down time.  Well you start to look at about a 20% increase in cost over your initial cost of the miner itself.  So tack that onto the price tag with Bitmain products in order to guesstimate the true cost.  Even then you are going to be praying to the miner gods that you don't have any more issues come up.  

So cut Inno some slack here.  They will have to respond to Bitmain's entry into the market.  Only time will tell what that response will be.  If you want a miner now, then Inno is still the only game in town.    
Inno_ASIC (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 09:25:08 AM

I just wanted to chime in on this thread to maybe clarify a few things about the B1&B2 A4 miner issues.  Also to possibly help clear up some of the confusion regarding Innosilicon and their warranty support.  Some of that confusion was possibly created by me so I thought it would be good if I tried to help clear up some of issues that have been brought up here.

First off Batch 1 and Batch 2 miners do in fact have performance issues.  Namely the inability to run stably on multicoin mining pools.  The stability issues calm down greatly on a single coin pool.  Inno has sent a jig that can flash the B1 and B2 miners to the US and it is making it's rounds to customers who have contacted Innosilicon and requested it.  The good news is that there were NOT a huge number of these B1 and B2 miners sold through Innosilicon.  So it should not be a difficult task to get the jig sent around to the miners that need it.

Initially I was trying to coordinate this activity to send the jig around to the owners of the miners, and it was my suggestion to have miners place a deposit and use a drawing to determine who gets the jig first.  However after the jig arrived it became a huge concern that it would be damaged in the shipping and I was afraid we would have to pay to replace that jig which is quite expensive.  So that was all my "brilliant idea" which frankly SUCKED.  We then came up with the idea to send the jig to one person who would be willing to flash all the miners.  However Inno was more concerned with your miners being damaged than the jig.  So Innosilicon decided that it would be better to mail the jig and they would replace it if it was damaged.  They are also picking up the cost of the shipment of the jig to the owners who need it.

To put things in context.  The fact that these miners shipped in October(to pre-order customers), Inno has done several software releases, and finally narrowed down the issue to a firmware problem that required a flash and a special jig to do the flash in the space of less than 2 months.  I cannot say that Innosilicon has not gone above and beyond to try and fix this issue.  The firmware flash does in fact fix the B1 and B2 miners stability issues.  They now run fine on multi-coin pools as well as single coin pools without the restarts and dropped hash board issues.

So I think it is an unfair statement to say Inno has not backed their product.  They are doing what is necessary to fix those customers affected by the early miners.  Anyone buying an A4 today from Inno will be getting a B3 or newer miner which does not have any of those issues.

I can also say that having owned the A4's that they appear to be solidly built miners and I can also say I have not heard anyone report having a miner die, bad boards, or anything of the sort.  I heard of one fan die.  That is it.  I think that says a lot and you wouldn't be able to say that about anything that Bitmain ships as of late.  

So if you buy an A4 I think you will get a solid and reliable miner.  These things are loud.  You won't be putting one of these in your house unless it is a basement, garage, or exterior building where you can isolate the noise.  I will also add that the advertised hash rate is not what I saw with my A4's.  This may very well be something that can be tuned, tweaked, and enhanced to increase the performance.  My average was somewhere around 250mhs with my A4's.  Your mileage may vary.  Some say they are getting very close to the rated performance.  I am pretty unlucky so maybe they are right.  I can only speak to my own experience.  Inno has stated they intend to open source the software.  So our community may very well be able to get the performance and enhancements we all would like to see in the GUI and the capabilities of the software.

I do believe Inno will back this product.  However it is rightly stated that there is now competition in this space, and it has been confirmed by multiple sources including Bitmain.  You can see the "placeholder" link from the Bitmain site here: https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020161229040715306ygMSJQLh06C0

It appears they already sold out of their L3 batch 1 miners.  They were only released in China at this point.  So Inno's statement about 3 months of no competition may very well be true.  It is too early to say and Inno wouldn't know the plans of their competitors so how could they know for sure?  At this point rumors have it that the L3's have sold out, but you can still find a few vendors who have them for some pretty high markups.  

So if you are looking for a Scrypt/Litecoin miner that is reliable and is backed by the company then the A4 is a good choice.  I can say that if you have been following any of the current Bitmain products you know they have a LOT of hardware issues.  Their warranty is really bad.  And honestly the L3 may be as bad as the S9 and R4's for reliability.  We honestly don't know what the L3 will be like.  Most people don't factor in those extra costs when looking at the Bitmain products.  If you have to ship units back to China, pay for repairs if the deem it was your fault, add up the down time.  Well you start to look at about a 20% increase in cost over your initial cost of the miner itself.  So tack that onto the price tag with Bitmain products in order to guesstimate the true cost.  Even then you are going to be praying to the miner gods that you don't have any more issues come up.  

So cut Inno some slack here.  They will have to respond to Bitmain's entry into the market.  Only time will tell what that response will be.  If you want a miner now, then Inno is still the only game in town.    

Thank you very much, Longsnowsm.
Yes, we really had a hard time for the past 2 months. But we've tried our best to help the Batch1&2 users to get their miners updated directly to the Batch 3 with stable performance.

Here is the update for the Jig delivery:
1. we've almost finished the update in European countries
2. we are going to ship the 2nd Jig to the US

update for the open source for better performance: we are choosing reliable partners for better optimizing the code of the firmware to help you guys in this community for better profit

About L3, from customer's feedback that they only have limited quantity with the testing machines. Normally for the whole production line of miner it takes at least 3 months from a chip to a final miner.

For mining industry, time is money. The earlier you got the miners, the more profit you will make.

We will keep optimizing our service to customers like you. And make each Innosilicon miner endurable like our A2 miners.

emdje

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 08:03:55 AM

I can confirm they are busy contacting people who can optimize the code.
They have contacted me, and for what I know of one other person, and we are in the process of constructing a deal (I don't own an A4 at the moment for example).
kurbeks

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 04:57:49 AM

Exactly my thoughts
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 05:09:12 AM

They have contacted me, and for what I know of one other person, and we are in the process of constructing a deal (I don't own an A4 at the moment for example).

Awesome news!

Whats the potential in optimizing the code?  Are we talking higher hashrates and/or lower power consumption?  Any estimate as to how much?

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 08:43:32 AM

may be both ? speed and lower Electricity if bitmain did in fact make one which they did,and is it as stable as the l3 thread says  then INNOSILICON may do both but that may also depend on how they do business with each other in china, in the US there is no respect when it comes to money the company's can get down right nasty to get a head even break the law ... and pay the fees but they get what they want. i know china has a respect thing so can't say.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 01:42:56 PM

Awesome news!

Whats the potential in optimizing the code?  Are we talking higher hashrates and/or lower power consumption?  Any estimate as to how much?

I'm excited to see the beginnings of what I perceive to be innosilicon making the software open source they said they would.

For me the priority is Stabilization > Optimization > New features.

Right now unfortunately the A4 is not as stable for me as my A2's with Anx software. However, they have been improving it since release and I'm excited to hear they are reaching out to developers in an effort to make it even better.
emdje

Activity: 686

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2017, 12:22:19 PM

Awesome news!

Whats the potential in optimizing the code?  Are we talking higher hashrates and/or lower power consumption?  Any estimate as to how much?

I'm excited to see the beginnings of what I perceive to be innosilicon making the software open source they said they would.

Right now unfortunately the A4 is not as stable for me as my A2's with Anx software. However, they have been improving it since release and I'm excited to hear they are reaching out to developers in an effort to make it even better.

Stability on multipools is one of the first potentials in optimization, which the very first I would do is extranonce. More stability means more net hashrate. More possibilities in under and overclocking in both clockspeeds and possibly voltage settings might increase efficiency for the long run or increase profitability (at expense of electric costs) on the short run.

I have however not heard back from Innosilicon.... Might be they are going with the other guy, or they are going to do it themselves, or they still have yet to get back to me.
mjgraham

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 06:27:30 PM

Awesome news!

Stability on multipools is one of the first potentials in optimization, which the very first I would do is extranonce. More stability means more net hashrate. More possibilities in under and overclocking in both clockspeeds and possibly voltage settings might increase efficiency for the long run or increase profitability (at expense of electric costs) on the short run.

I have however not heard back from Innosilicon.... Might be they are going with the other guy, or they are going to do it themselves, or they still have yet to get back to me.

I have been bugging them about the software as well, they said they have to talk about internally. Something new I have noticed that I am not happy about is I use a proxy here at the house to switch pools, now when I switch pools the pi instantly reboots. I don't know what kind of thinking is going into this, there are about 4 programs they start on boot, none of them are documented as to what they do.

wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 06:28:35 PM

This is awesome news! 

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: