Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:53:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can trading be considered as gambling??  (Read 21225 times)
Asmonist

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 01:04:11 AM

I want to know what you guys think about this, I have stopped gambling but still trade so does this mean I am still gambling?? I don't trade on basis of luck I trade using my skills would it still be considered gambling??

Please tell me what do you think.

Its two different practice. In gambling you only have two chances, to win or loose in real time. While trading is wide. You can sell and gain, or hold and wait for the right price. You may also loose right away in trading but you can buy another for higher return. The two may seem similar but I guess trading is safer than gambling. On the other hand, gambling could make you have instant money also. Whichever it is, what's important is you find ways to grow your money.

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 05:28:30 AM

I do not think trading can be considered a gamble, because i think trading should have many techniques such as when market conditions are negative, positive or stagnant market conditions and become boring for traders.
While gambling does have to have a way or tactic when Playing, but most gambling just takes a little bit of luck.

But if you don't have skills of trading or don't know how to get latest market news about your investments then it is also similar to gambling. Because people are investing just by thinking that prices may go high and that makes it similar to gambling. So if one wants to trade then better learn trading basics and always start with a small amount until you become experienced.
Apriand

Activity: 896
Merit: 1008

Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:33:14 AM

I do not think trading can be considered a gamble, because i think trading should have many techniques such as when market conditions are negative, positive or stagnant market conditions and become boring for traders.
While gambling does have to have a way or tactic when Playing, but most gambling just takes a little bit of luck.

But if you don't have skills of trading or don't know how to get latest market news about your investments then it is also similar to gambling. Because people are investing just by thinking that prices may go high and that makes it similar to gambling. So if one wants to trade then better learn trading basics and always start with a small amount until you become experienced.

I agree with you, trading without skill and knowledge just like gambling. All just about luck, if we buy something and we have luck may be we'll get profit. Trading need skill to read chart, market, global issue etc so we can minimize lost money there. If we have skill, knowledge and experience in trading then we cant say trading just a gambling because all full with analysis.
Yes we know gambling also need analysis skill etc before bet, but all of that just nothing without luck.

lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2017, 06:35:59 AM

I want to know what you guys think about this, I have stopped gambling but still trade so does this mean I am still gambling?? I don't trade on basis of luck I trade using my skills would it still be considered gambling??

I don't think so that considering trading as gambling is correct.
It depends on you how much amount you are putting in Trading, Yes, we can lose our money in Trading but in trading we don't lose all of our money in a moment the price of anything in which we traded drops gradually or we can see high dumps but we do not see 0 value and lose all of our money on the other hand if we are gambling we can lose our all of money all of our savings in seconds and have no backup to get it back in trading we have some saved money that we can earn the lost money again at least we have some chances.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 06:58:30 AM

For me its a yes, when trading you are on a gamble to increase the amount of money that you have invested in trading market.
Its a 50/50 chance that you will earn a certain amount of money if you are new to trading but if you know what you are trading then theres a high chance that you will earn money.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:10:05 AM

For me its a yes, when trading you are on a gamble to increase the amount of money that you have invested in trading market.
Its a 50/50 chance that you will earn a certain amount of money if you are new to trading but if you know what you are trading then theres a high chance that you will earn money.
exactly! as long as you understand what you are doing then you are safe and a high chance to earn from trading risk is really there, better to study and research before you make your moves, as many said that you are really in a gamble every time you are placing your investment inside trading. as you don't know what can happen after.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:30:26 AM

If you are new to trading and you enter the market wildly without proper technical analysis and a detailed plan no matter how many successful your trade is, in the end, you gonna lose your money. In my opinion, trading is not considered gambling since you are predicting the market, but in gamble, you just rely on your luck
PizzaBTC

Activity: 555
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:24:01 AM

The risks are very different because gambling does not recognize fundamental analysis, gambling is only applicable for short-term analysis, trading is not in a hurry and is not always done in one period unless traders play margins and other options options. It is very clear that trading is different from gambling.
Only in theory, how many people around the forum, buy into icos or buy a coin with no regards whether it was the right time to do so, many I suppose, so these people are not really investing they are gambling with their money and there is not other way to put it.
I think it is a no. don’t you think they are investing with some goal and they are working for it. Plus they better know this investing or trading in bitcoin or any fiat currency is made for earning profit. Gambling is only different in this regard, there is no winning for you in a race, neither this is made as earning source. Better is to quit is and don’t see it again. Investing is profitable and that doesn’t come in gambling.
marlboroza
Legendary

Merit: 2270

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:34:03 AM
Last edit: October 28, 2017, 09:36:06 PM by marlboroza

If you are new to trading and you enter the market wildly without proper technical analysis and a detailed plan no matter how many successful your trade is, in the end, you gonna lose your money. In my opinion, trading is not considered gambling since you are predicting the market, but in gamble, you just rely on your luck
Mayor problem is people are looking for answers on forum and blindly following whatever they read, when coin decrease its value they are selling and loosing money that way, lots of so called traders don't know how and when to buy coin and when to sell it. We can say it is gambling but I see it as laziness to do deeper research.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 10:46:44 AM

Yeah trading is also a gambling. I think anything that involves money and have risk is a gambling. When I first started trading, my friend told me that "Bro, trading is also a gambling but in a legal way".

If you invest your money without the knowledge of a coin or any other product then it is similar to gambling because you're just doing a guessing investment by thinking that product price will go up. But if you study the market and pick up a right coin or a product to invest then it is called a high-risk investment and it is not exactly gambling.
Better you just said, there is no solid difference line between gambling and trading because many people just say, they have more common things. Like in trading, you don’t know what is coming ahead and same is the case in gambling and many other reasons and urges. But one thing is undisputed, as you said, if you are well known about your coin and market, definitely this is not gambling.
vv181
Legendary

Merit: 1273

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 11:27:25 AM

Mayor problem is people are looking for answers on forum and blindly following whatever they read, when coin decrease its value they are selling and loosing money that way, lots of so called traders don't know how and when to buy coin and when to sell it. We can say it is gambling but I see it laziness to do deeper research.
Agree, mostly the kind of people like that is the who want rich overnight, in fact, it needs a lot of time to learn to trade and in trading, you should believe in yourself, not others. Well I prefer to say it's stupidity rather than gambling
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 08:12:04 PM

I don't think trading should be considered as gambling.Because trading depends on your skills and gambling is just luck.I can use my mind to predict and find the best use of trading but in gambling I can't do anything except bet.Also I think trading can give me good profit in short time but gambling will make me empty hand.So I prefer always trading and not think that it is a kind of gambling.
It depends on the individual, if they have taken the time to study the market and they always take rational decisions then we can say they are trading with intelligence, but if they let their emotions to rule them and trade without knowing why then in a way they are gambling.
JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 28, 2017, 09:42:16 PM

Trading is a kind of gambling to those who don't know anything how trading works and those who don't have any kind of skills in general. I have done trading on iqoption as they need minimum investment of 10$ and didn't know anything about it and somehow I reached 300$ I think it is like gambling but later when I tried again i lost so think you can play it as gambling but I would recommend you to gamble instead of trading.
Trading will never be gambling because you are just buy and sell.. and we are relaying  in the price movement..
A gambling is just like if you are bet and lose you will never get them back or recover.. unlike in trading if the price of altcoin is going to low or decreases you can be still sell and recover few of your loses..
ya correct in trading the chances of losing everything is less or sometimes nill you can easily make more money than gambling by trading and trading has so many sources available which suggest you which coin can be profitable in the future
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 03:54:20 AM

Hmm, I don't think so.
With trading your are studying and making a plan which alt coins to buy and has a possibility that will increase, you can even hold your price if you are a risk taker.
With gambling you are risking for the sake of enjoyment, but the probability of lossing is larger than winning.
You are right. Gambling is not even knowing what the outcome could even be like at all and you are just at the mercy of your luck if it is right there to favor you at that moment. However, with trading, you can make strategies, analyze and check to see if there is a possibility in the trade which gives you an expected outcome. Sure, a whole lot of things can change but at least you know what to do and loosing can be curtailed.
Zabrielle

Activity: 294
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 06:06:59 AM

I kinda consider it as gambling. Especially if you are very new with trading all you depend is luck.  But seriously trading is more on analysis. You if you are a little been doing trading then you have a better judgement comparing for those who very new. You when and not to trade.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 12:10:26 PM

I don't think trading should be considered as gambling.Because trading depends on your skills and gambling is just luck.I can use my mind to predict and find the best use of trading but in gambling I can't do anything except bet.Also I think trading can give me good profit in short time but gambling will make me empty hand.So I prefer always trading and not think that it is a kind of gambling.
It depends on the individual, if they have taken the time to study the market and they always take rational decisions then we can say they are trading with intelligence, but if they let their emotions to rule them and trade without knowing why then in a way they are gambling.
you would always to have a speculative prediction that actually more to a random prediction in trading. it's can't be predicted when you start trading for like 1 or 2 years , you need more than that time to make trading completely different from gambling . at least that what makes people sometimes trading feels really like completely gambling. an experience decide everything in trading.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 08:34:58 PM

Its two different practice. In gambling you only have two chances, to win or loose in real time. While trading is wide. You can sell and gain, or hold and wait for the right price. You may also loose right away in trading but you can buy another for higher return. The two may seem similar but I guess trading is safer than gambling. On the other hand, gambling could make you have instant money also. Whichever it is, what's important is you find ways to grow your money.
That is the biggest difference in trading you can make a loss into a win if you are patient enough for example all of those people that bought bitcoin at 1200 and then bitcoin crashed, those that sold lost money but those that were patient made profits now that bitcoin touched 6000.
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 09:57:20 PM

I kinda consider it as gambling. Especially if you are very new with trading all you depend is luck.  But seriously trading is more on analysis. You if you are a little been doing trading then you have a better judgement comparing for those who very new. You when and not to trade.
You are right, Trading and gambling is the same if you are just new in trading, because If you don't have any experience about markets moves, you will find yourself gamble in trading, and use random predictions about altcoins moves. But if you learn how to trade and build a good experience, trading will be another thing than gambling and you will use your mind more and  you chance to win is a bit high.

kodes88

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2017, 10:57:55 PM

And unskilled trading is not a recommended thing. Unlike gambling which is depend on luck, trading is depend on skill so you must have skill to trading so your trading is not like gambling. Other people have the skills, you do not, you will be oppressed.
GregH37
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 04:50:59 AM

Yeah trading is also a gambling. I think anything that involves money and have risk is a gambling. When I first started trading, my friend told me that "Bro, trading is also a gambling but in a legal way".

If you invest your money without the knowledge of a coin or any other product then it is similar to gambling because you're just doing a guessing investment by thinking that product price will go up. But if you study the market and pick up a right coin or a product to invest then it is called a high-risk investment and it is not exactly gambling.
Better you just said, there is no solid difference line between gambling and trading because many people just say, they have more common things. Like in trading, you don’t know what is coming ahead and same is the case in gambling and many other reasons and urges. But one thing is undisputed, as you said, if you are well known about your coin and market, definitely this is not gambling.
It is not exactly like that. Trading and gambling are two different things. Gambling is a game while trading is a profession. Now some people will come with the dialogue that whole life is a game then it is a total different perceptive.

Trading is buying something at a low cost and selling it in a greater value to earn the profit and it all depends upon the manipulating skills of the trader while gamblers don’t have the opportunity of using skills.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: