Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:37:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Can trading be considered as gambling??  (Read 21225 times)
aishyoo17

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:10:35 PM

I think that can be said so, this is because in trading all analyzes never guarantee profit, and in trading there will be only two sides of profit or loss, so I will say that trading is the same as gambling.

Yeah, but Trading is a good way of "gambling" because you know that you are going to get some profits in return after you gamble your money by buying tokens that you are going to trade in the market, unlike the real gambling which you are risking your money hoping that you coul win easily to make easy money, Trading is more better. In Trading your money is going to worth it but not on gambling.

Not sure if you can consider buying tokens from ICOs part of trading. I would consider trading to be something like really trading on exchanges that offer coins that are already out of the ICO stage. It's still not a sure fire way of earning though, since there is still a lot of risks involved in trading to be considered as something that could make you profit the whole time.
I think when you buy tokens from ICO its a form of investment and not trading. Trading is something you buy in the exchange and when the price goes up in after days or weeks then you sell it. And you can't right away sell your token when you bought it during ICO because usually the token price goes down.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE

─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|[.
JOIN US NOW!
]|
musharaf

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:52:51 PM

In gambling the luck decide the chance of your wining and losing while for trading the market knowledge and your ability also change the results so it is not deal in one way gambling is like the game and in short time you will get the reward or you may lose the chance so trading on the other side the good way to get profit over your money and this is a good way of making money online with in certain time period and for this you have to select right time that when to sell.

ThirdPerson

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:14:12 PM

Trading is the riskless version of gambling. Gambling can easily lose your money at once, but trading can decrease your money over a period of time.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:52:54 AM

I think that can be said so, this is because in trading all analyzes never guarantee profit, and in trading there will be only two sides of profit or loss, so I will say that trading is the same as gambling.
No, it's not. the outcome of gambling is definitely uncertain because the nature of it is a probability. Its really different when it comes to trading even though the technical analysis is didn't have any legitimate proof about how it works, at least many traders use it, and indirectly it will be somehow true and applied to the markets. Then if it applied the outcome of trading is become certain.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:24:59 AM

It will confuse those who does both the activities but for me the trading is something different from gambling it the game if you just play poker or you play cards but in trading you have to deal with the currencies of the crypto and that is kind of business but in the gambling you have to try your luck if you are lucky you will win but it might be difficult in trading that if you react blindly in trading you may bear a huge losses. So in my thought both are different things.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
marlboroza
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 09:02:50 AM

Not sure if you can consider buying tokens from ICOs part of trading. I would consider trading to be something like really trading on exchanges that offer coins that are already out of the ICO stage. It's still not a sure fire way of earning though, since there is still a lot of risks involved in trading to be considered as something that could make you profit the whole time.
It depends.

Many projects are offering bonuses especially in preICO stage, buying tokens, receiving bonuses and selling them as soon as tokens hit exchange, then waiting for deeper dump to rebuy back is something what many...buyers are doing and it can be considered as trading.

If we are talking about people who are buying tokens during preICO/ICO and holding their tokens until project become big and their investment reach 10-100X or project fail and they become bagholders, then we are talking about investment.

Both methods have gambling elements.
Viyamore

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:55:52 PM

I think trading also involves a great level of uncertainty. To become a successful trader it is never enough to acquire some theoretical knowledge about technical indicators as many people think. I personally think that success in trading is achievable but only based on a strong money and risk management rather than on technical knowledge.

Trading requires us to have a desirable deal with someone who is also willing to take risk and trade. I agree on everything that you jave said because aside from its factual content ,it is also motivating. This has to be read by most of us here in this forum

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
Allura74

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:52:02 PM

It will confuse those who does both the activities but for me the trading is something different from gambling it the game if you just play poker or you play cards but in trading you have to deal with the currencies of the crypto and that is kind of business but in the gambling you have to try your luck if you are lucky you will win but it might be difficult in trading that if you react blindly in trading you may bear a huge losses. So in my thought both are different things.
Yes, they are different on the way of handling but they have similarity in terms of risk assessment because they both needs decision making that we need to gamble about the outcome. Buying some coins for trading is already a kind of gambling on the way that we don't know the future of that particular coin in the market.

MCVXYZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:59:08 PM

For me its not gambling,trading depends on many things and you can define your steps in this work by your technical and not only technical skills,many things depend on tendences and on 'macd',also there is  one important thing:you need to understand very well cryptomarket psycology,despite all of this there are a lot of common things for example patience,greediness,risks and many other habits...But I think trading may be more profitable than gambling...also this question depends on in what direction are you a gambler.
reliable

Activity: 868
Merit: 151

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:23:15 PM

Yes, they are different on the way of handling but they have similarity in terms of risk assessment because they both needs decision making that we need to gamble about the outcome. Buying some coins for trading is already a kind of gambling on the way that we don't know the future of that particular coin in the market.

Risk in trading is your research risk which you do before buying some coin. But while gambling their is no research as most of the games are luck based and if you have a good luck you will win or lose out 100% and cannot do anything about it.

sparveenat

Activity: 210

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:11:06 PM

Trading and Gambling is two different aspects trading is depend upon your decision making but gambling is fate / luck decide your returns. In trading you can book your profit or book your lose. Trading you can wait for recovery but gambling is no waiting or no more chance. So it is not possible to consider trading as gambling.

JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:19:20 PM

I don't think trading should be considered as gambling.Because trading depends on your skills and gambling is just luck.I can use my mind to predict and find the best use of trading but in gambling I can't do anything except bet.Also I think trading can give me good profit in short time but gambling will make me empty hand.So I prefer always trading and not think that it is a kind of gambling.
It depends on the individual, if they have taken the time to study the market and they always take rational decisions then we can say they are trading with intelligence, but if they let their emotions to rule them and trade without knowing why then in a way they are gambling.
emotions should always be controlled in all aspects of life weather you are gambling, trading
or doing anything you should always have a conscience mind and have control over yourself
if you don't do that you will always lose in life
This is true which emotions do really give a big impact on our daily life no matter what we do either on gambling side or on real life situations. Trading can be considered as gambling when you are doing it on a wrong way without any idea or knowledge on executing trades.You are just like throwing up your money on the air and this is the time trading can be considered as gambling.
That's right but right now trading seems like a better choice with all the coins undervalued I'm sure if we all cam hold on for a few months we can make higher profits than we would have made from gambling with less risk involved
Rinsend

Activity: 784
Merit: 262

AZBI NETWORK - Multichain system

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 10:57:14 PM

Trading and Gambling is two different aspects trading is depend upon your decision making but gambling is fate / luck decide your returns. In trading you can book your profit or book your lose. Trading you can wait for recovery but gambling is no waiting or no more chance. So it is not possible to consider trading as gambling.
Gambling and trading sometimes look similar but they are not the same. Gambling really depends on luck to gain profit while trading is more dependent on us, what we do is what we will get, although not 100% always like that. But the most distinguishing between gambling and trading is, gambling is a game and trading is not a game.

▰ AZBI ▰     White Paper
              LinkedIn Twitter Telegram
automail

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:38:53 AM

No. A big NO. Trading is like an investment.There are a lot of risk in trading but it should not be considered as gambling. We do gambling for fun and to past time while we do trading to earn money and it will never something that is fun to do. Its like checking the price everyday until the time that you are satisfied with it and SELL. I hate gambling so I will never trade if trading is gambling. Just because there is money and risk involved, it doesn't mean that its gambling.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:57:50 AM

Trading and gambling are similar in that they both attempt to create a capital gain, over a relatively short period of time, without creating new wealth. If I am a shoemaker, then my efforts create a pair of shoes that someone else can wear (new wealth), while I earn an income from cobbling. When I am a trader or gambler, I may earn an income, but there is no additional wealth created.
Botnake

Activity: 2856
Merit: 667

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:14:25 AM

No. A big NO. Trading is like an investment.There are a lot of risk in trading but it should not be considered as gambling. We do gambling for fun and to past time while we do trading to earn money and it will never something that is fun to do. Its like checking the price everyday until the time that you are satisfied with it and SELL. I hate gambling so I will never trade if trading is gambling. Just because there is money and risk involved, it doesn't mean that its gambling.
There are different definition from different people but I am pretty sure we trade to be profitable.
In gambling, we also do the same, we have to gamble in order to win and be profitable in the long run, whatever you define trading, what's important is the result.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:25:05 PM

Trading and gambling are similar in that they both attempt to create a capital gain, over a relatively short period of time, without creating new wealth. If I am a shoemaker, then my efforts create a pair of shoes that someone else can wear (new wealth), while I earn an income from cobbling. When I am a trader or gambler, I may earn an income, but there is no additional wealth created.

Why do you say that it is similar? We all know that it is not similar at all. By using the same logic, you could probably say that there is no need for us to work anymore as we could gamble? Trading is a full time job for somebody and they are definitely not messing around with it, if it is a gambling then it doesnt have to be a considered a job
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:03:39 PM

Why do you say that it is similar? We all know that it is not similar at all. By using the same logic, you could probably say that there is no need for us to work anymore as we could gamble? Trading is a full time job for somebody and they are definitely not messing around with it, if it is a gambling then it doesnt have to be a considered a job
Trading is a sort of gambling it is also lowered risk compared to gambling. Yeah, I agreed with that trading is having similarities to the gambling because putting money to invest is just like gambling you didn't know what will happen next.
Is trading a job? and my answer is no that not a kind of a job it is a small version of gambling.

cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:37:45 PM

Trading is a sort of gambling it is also lowered risk compared to gambling. Yeah, I agreed with that trading is having similarities to the gambling because putting money to invest is just like gambling you didn't know what will happen next.
Is trading a job? and my answer is no that not a kind of a job it is a small version of gambling.

If trading is some sort of gambling then you should just buy whatever it is on the market and pray that it will be up in the future but no trading doesnt work like that. We need to make some sort of technical and fundamental analysis to make sure we are executing the right order rather than buy whatever and pretend it is 100 % gamble
Chikitita2004

Activity: 560
Merit: 121

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 08:59:40 PM

Somehow. A sort of but not totally. Trading is also very risky and if you unlucky your coins can be hacked in an exchange accounts. Trading needs skills also but enethough they are skillful in this area losing is still inevitable. You would know, no one knows as prices is very unpredictable.

☉☉☉ ARTCOIN.AI ☉☉☉ ▐| BLOCKCHAIN ART GALLERY SYSTEM |▌
◐ o ◑ Blockchain Can Bring The Fine Art Investment World Together ◐ o ◑
┣▇  MEDIUM  ┣▇  FACEBOOK   ┣▇  TWITTER   ┣▇  LINKEDIN   ┣▇  PINTEREST   ┣▇  INSTAGRAM
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: