Bitcoin Forum
August 22, 2024, 08:14:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can ICN (Iconomi) perform well if ETH is crashing?  (Read 1556 times)
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 03:21:27 PM

Absolutely. Under unfavorable scenario, move on to another blockchain not a problem.

You mean the Iconomi project could be able to move into another project/platform in case Ethereum collapses? how can this be the case? as far as I know Ethereum was chosen by Iconomi team because the technology of Ethereum was needed in order to make the Iconomi project a reality. So where they can go? Maybe we already had Bitcoin sidechains but it will still take a good 1 or 2 years for that, so right now I don't see how Iconomi can leave Ethereum and they are hostage of Ethereum doing good or bad.
Iconomi is not dependent on eth block chain but only needs a platform to distribute the dividends, they are working on crypto and also trading eth but still can switch to another block chain to pay dividends.

What other blockchain they would move at? it states clearly on their website that iconomi makes use of ethereum's smart contract technology so how is it as easy as moving into "other blockchain"?

the only 2 relevant blockchains are bitcoin's blockchain and ethereum's blockchain and ethereum is a joke compared to bitcoin's hashing power so it's not like they have many options. If iconomi can run under bitcoin's blockchain why the hell did they made it on top of ethereum?

You need to do homework.  asset like ICONOMI cant be run directly on Bitcoin blockchain, but can be run on counterparty that uses Bitcoin blockchain. There are quite few asset platforms, and each of them have advantages and disadvantages. Maybe this will help you list them and to find most valuable asset that is run on that asset platform.

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/

In first column you have an asset and in second column you have an asset platform.  So asset Maidsafe runs on Omni platform.   That means ICONOMI could posiblly run on Omni platform ( I am probbayl saying bull shit here, since I dont know Omni platform that well, but I hope you got my point)

So Omni, Ethereum, NXT, Counterparty, BitShares, NuBits, Asset Backed Coin.

I am confused why there is no asset listed there that runs on Ethereum Classic, but maybe Ethereum is meant for both classic and forked one.

Ok so why did the developers of Iconomi use Ethereum as a platform and not Counterparty? If Counterparty uses the Bitcoin blockchain then Counterparty is already a better platform compared to Ethereum all thinks equal, since Bitcoin blockchain is much more stable, more powerful, older, more difficult to hardfork (see the hard fork mess in Ethereum) etc etc. So why did they choose ETH? there must be technical reasons.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: