Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:00:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN Mt.Gox] Hi everyone, just a quick update on the situation and what happened  (Read 12730 times)
Grover

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

I was thinking Stay Puft, but Gozer said Grover

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:17:39 PM

That's me on the left. I'll give you three guesses as to the location and why I was invited to this by the CEO.
JNPR traded on the nasdaq not the NYSE.   Why the photo?
JNPR also went public in June (on the NASDAQ, not on the big board), not in october.   So, I ask again, what is the meaning of the photo?
His CEO made him be at NYSE instead of NASDAQ when JNPR went public, to make sure he wouldn't ruin the event.  They took the photo and everything to make it look authentic. That's my guess.

Maybe my ability to read into what is written is impaired.

Where in the post in question did the poster claim Juniper was listed on the NYSE?

Is it just me or did the poster claim that the NYSE now runs on a Juniper network?

I could have missed something so please let me know.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aantonop

Activity: 196
Merit: 116

Entrepreneur, coder, hacker, pundit, humanist.

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 09:33:48 PM

That's me on the left. I'll give you three guesses as to the location and why I was invited to this by the CEO.
JNPR also went public in June (on the NASDAQ, not on the big board), not in october.   So, I ask again, what is the meaning of the photo?
His CEO made him be at NYSE instead of NASDAQ when JNPR went public, to make sure he wouldn't ruin the event.  They took the photo and everything to make it look authentic. That's my guess.

Where in the post in question did the poster claim Juniper was listed on the NYSE?

Is it just me or did the poster claim that the NYSE now runs on a Juniper network?

The NYSE network runs on Juniper. That was the day they announced the new NYSE algo trading network built on Juniper. It offers micro-second latency for trading.

I'm just sick of everyone who says MTGOX are idiots being accused of not knowing what they're talking about.

Not all of us are 18 yr old redditors who just found out how to use the web.

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
dutt

Activity: 135
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 09:34:30 PM

Notice how btc-e has been running on 50% gox volume the last couple hours without having "success"?

Thursday

Activity: 150

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 09:41:13 PM

Thread backfire?  Calling it anything of what happened yesterday a success may fool the dolts of this forum but anyone with half a brain is only further infuriated by your word-smith attempts.  You are incompetent to be the number one exchange of Bitcoin and your successor can not come soon enough!

1AXBRFK5a8dP7z8T3gb3hvUjm2F6KYFmgS
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:49:14 PM

The NYSE network runs on Juniper. That was the day they announced the new NYSE algo trading network built on Juniper. It offers micro-second latency for trading.

I'm just sick of everyone who says MTGOX are idiots being accused of not knowing what they're talking about.

No, not all of us. But all of them, see?

Notice how btc-e has been running on 50% gox volume the last couple hours without having "success"?

They're unsuccessfully successful.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
juice

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:32:55 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 12:08:20 AM by juice

ask why gox dont disabled the trading api!

do you think they did not see the manipulating bots 0.0101 0.2 ? (against or and?) the high value strukture bids and asks?
i watched it the whole time on clark moody .!
everytime they start playing it start to leg,after they sold a batch of small bids to them selfs it  turned to red then the api got flooded hard ,the people could not see anything and start panik sell.
the bots shopped the coins for cheap and the leg was gone.
but yesterday they hit it too hard and boom ko.

exchangers shut down your trading api  no reserve bids ,real price trend from the chain next to your price.

i think the coin is for use not for play!!

you all know what the players do at the wallstreet and how they fuck us all when the bots play!
dont invite them to play with the coin ,send them back to fx trade .

jeff dont look for big company to introduce the coin to, they will only regulate you.
in the future we will have much better coins dont you think?

hope the investors speculators lost a lot and dont come back ,remember we are the shady underground and we like it like that.

bitsalame
Donator

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Preaching the gospel of Satoshi

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:44:09 PM

do you think they did not see the manipulating bots 0.0101 0.2 ? (against or and?) the high value strukture bids and asks?
i watched it the whole time on clark moody .!
everytime they start playing it start to leg,after they sold a batch of small bids to them selfs it  turned to red then the api got flooded hard ,the people could not see anything and start panik sell.
the bots shopped the coins for cheap and the leg was gone.
but yesterday they hit it too hard and boom ko.

exchangers shut down your trading api  no reserve bids ,real price trend from the chain next to your price.

i think the coin is for use not for play!!

you all know what the players do at the wallstreet and how they fuck us all when the bots play!
dont invite them to play with the coin ,send them back to fx trade .

jeff dont look for big company to introduce the coin to, they will only regulate you.
in the future we will have much better coins dont you think?

hope the investors lost a lot and dont come back ,remember we are the shady underground and we like it like that.

Partially agree. But we need more investments, not less.
What we don't need are speculators and bot/algorithmic trading. Not yet.
If bots are the responsible for the DoS, they should know how to fuc*ing prioritize.
aantonop

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 11:47:19 PM

They have re-opened but suspended trading and will suspend fees:

From the site banner:

Trading is halted until 2013-04-12 02:00am UTC to allow the market to cooldown following the drop in price. Read more details on the support. Additionally trading fees will not be charged within 48 hours of trading resuming (until 2013-04-14 02:00am UTC).

Bitcoin entrepreneur - OpenBitcoinStore,SafePaperWallet,BitcoinPressCenter.org... and more.
Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:48:48 PM

If bots are the responsible for the DoS, they should know how to fuc*ing prioritize.

Why do you think we need "trading exchanges" at all?   We really only need money changers like they have on the streets of asia.   What advantage to BTC is there to having an "F/X market".   You need companies that will do the exchange for people with one exchange a day.   Day Traders hurt the future they do not help it.

juice

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:49:46 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 12:00:56 AM by juice

i would say it worked for them but not enugh there was to many new people every day driving only upwards and then the bots went greedy.
and yes i hope you can exchange with your neighbours cat in the future as long it has a smartphone.
bitsalame
Donator

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:49:57 PM

Why do you think we need "trading exchanges" at all?   We really only need money changers like they have on the streets of asia.   What advantage to BTC is there to having an "F/X market".   You need companies that will do the exchange for people with one exchange a day.   Day Traders hurt the future they do not help it.

That's precisely what I am talking about.
We are on the same side.
bitsalame
Donator

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:52:12 PM

What bugs me even more is that they are still promoting their MtGox Mobile useless app, when it doesn't work on any smartphone that's not running Froyo.
Not a single fucking followup and update.

If I had MtGox stocks, I would have burned them for the good of humanity.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:56:35 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 12:04:15 AM by Maged

Why do you think we need "trading exchanges" at all?   We really only need money changers like they have on the streets of asia.   What advantage to BTC is there to having an "F/X market".   You need companies that will do the exchange for people with one exchange a day.   Day Traders hurt the future they do not help it.

That's precisely what I am talking about.
We are on the same side.
Yes, I was trying to make a point.   I just need a "money window" every now and then.  No need to have an "account" like at fidelity.   The larger point here is becoming fungible.   If you could buy a lot with your bitcoin, you would not run to an exchange to trade it for euro or USD every time it moved.    That is where we really need to get to.   Even a money window concept takes a lot of capital (but does not require having an exchange to hedge with) in both fiat and BTC.    It is like a sports book, when you get too much BTC, you just need to move the spread to get people to do more fiat through you.    I wonder if the banks would shut you down though if you had some many wires coming in and leaving.

bitsalame
Donator

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:02:43 AM

Btw, how the fuck it went from 120 to 124?
Who is the privileged one who is trading in the lockdown?

Yes, very transparent.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:02:54 AM

What bugs me even more is that they are still promoting their MtGox Mobile useless app, when it doesn't work on any smartphone that's not running Froyo.

Well lucky for you they're not listed.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
bitsalame
Donator

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:48:27 AM

Well lucky for you they're not listed.
I just had a snicker, now I am cool. lol
Grover

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 01:27:25 AM

If you're including me in the gang of morons you need to reread what I wrote.
aantonop

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 01:33:23 AM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 01:36:20 AM by Maged

Absolutely NOT grover. I am referring to Alex from MtGox whose response to criticism (valid) was that those criticizing didn't know what they're talking about and had it easy "on the other side of the keyboard". He treated everyone with criticism as clueless noobs.

My point was: I do know what I'm talking about. I've worked on these systems and I posted the picture to show that. I am appalled by the public response, lack of contrition and general incompetence of the mtgox engineers, spokespeople, PR people and owners.

I did not mean to offend anyone EXCEPT mtgox and Alex. I very much intend to offend them ;-)

Host on LetsTalkBitcoin.
Grover

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:00:34 AM

Absolutely NOT grover. I am referring to Alex from MtGox whose response to criticism (valid) was that those criticizing didn't know what they're talking about and had it easy "on the other side of the keyboard". He treated everyone with criticism as clueless noobs.

My point was: I do know what I'm talking about. I've worked on these systems and I posted the picture to show that. I am appalled by the public response, lack of contrition and general incompetence of the mtgox engineers, spokespeople, PR people and owners.

I did not mean to offend anyone EXCEPT mtgox and Alex. I very much intend to offend them ;-)

I'm not offended at all. I misread your post.  I was making sarcastic fun of the posters claiming you were saying that Juniper was listed on NYSE and that was the reason for your picture, when clearly your post was about Juniper being the network that runs NYSE's trading.

I think Gox is a joke and that Gox is a 80% attack on a coin that has finally garnered enough fiat worth to make pulling a true 51% attack pretty simple and possibly very lucrative.  ASICs and ddos the major pools and BTC is a goner.  Gox is doing their job of ruining BTC for all the new people who just got suckered into what is/was supposed to be some new kind of commodity where people run through dew covered meadows wearing garmets made of thin white silk while Cherry Trees blossomed and rose petals rain from the sky and there are no crooks or sharks or bot run exchanges stealing people's actual money.
zhalox

Activity: 176
Merit: 106

XMR = BTC in 2010. Rise chikun.

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 02:23:41 AM

/*Rant:/

I've used Mt. Gox since 2011, but their recent unprofessionalism is completely unacceptable.  Since Bitcoin is starting to go mainstream, they need to learn how to do business, communicate openly and honestly through quality public relations (not excuses), and learn to apologize for mistakes.  I'm sure they are very busy now with an influx of 20,000 new customers per day, but they should have been prepared for an increase in customers, and should have upgraded their infrastructure long ago to be able to handle trading volume like this.  We all knew it was coming, and they should have hired people with competence in writing trading matching engines with Wall Street experience beforehand.  Mt. Gox's archaic and poorly written trading engine is completely unacceptable, not including their recent failure in regard to the API "upgrade" which resulted in the sudden, unannounced failure of their Android Mt. Gox Mobile application, their classic website (http://classic.mtgox.com), and the failure of other services relying on the data streams.  Their websockets go down very often which makes monitoring of trade data highly difficult.  Even after resuming the 12-hour trading halt there is over 15 minutes of lag time...

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: