Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:17:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: IT STILL ISN'T BACK TO "NORMAL"!  (Read 5744 times)
Zendata

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:48:17 PM

How the hell is that a bear trap?
And1

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:50:18 PM

Why don't more people discuss that Cyprus was announced on March 17th when BTC was at $50.  This was when the insane push up happened.  People in Spain and Cyprus were moving money in BTC because they were freaking out.

Not true at all. I live in Spain and I have to tell you no one even knows here the BTC. The people didn't run into BTC as you suppose. From my point of view, the average spaniard would go into gold I don't think they are open minded enough to go into BTC. Any way, protecting your savings buying BTC looks like a really bad idea.. it's so experimental at this point.

By the way, Spain havent suffered any bail-in yet.

It was after BTC was legalized by Fincen. 2-3 days later price jumped 50% in 24h. I remember this because i went in myself.
w00t

Activity: 188
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:25:28 PM

Bitcoin will go into economic textbooks soon  Grin

Yeah, as an epic failure, if some major community action is not done to make sure this never happens again.

I'm afraid it's really up to mtgox. I personally use alternative exchange just because I know these guys at mtgox are morons.

But does it know a guy who read about it in newspapers, looked up wikipedia.org and fired the money to the mtgox?

First PC game is using Bitcoin as the currency: Fallout 2
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
bbulker

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:05:43 AM

Hey guys, I fixed the graph.  Wink

Krabby

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

https://primedao.eth.link/#/

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:07:05 AM

That is actually quite interesting.

██████████
                   ████████████
                 ██████████████
               ████████████████
             ██████████████████
██████████           ██████████          ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████           ███████     ██████████████████
██████████████████████████     ████████████████████
████████████████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████████████████     ████████████████████████
████████████████████     ██████████████████████████
██████████████████     ███████           ██████████
██████████           █████████           ██████████
██████████          ██████████           ██████████
                    ██████████████████
                    ████████████████
                    ██████████████
                    ████████████
                    ██████████
PrimeDAO - An Adoption Engine for Open Finance
HappyBitCoinUser

Activity: 182

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:17:31 AM

No more 1080p 3D charts! I'm getting dizzy
AlexNeto

Activity: 658
Merit: 536

Z-pay.io

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 01:07:52 AM

Hey guys, I fixed the graph.  Wink

Agree.
2011 bubble looks now like a little pimple compering with the current one.
One day $266 peak will look the same.

Bitcoin becoming a huge Brand in the world of Financial Speculation. We will see completely different numbers soon. I'm not willing to sell my long-term BTC portfolio for funny $300 per coin. 2014 target is at least low-middle $X,XXX. Just relax and wait for a next bubble.

Trade on exchange only btc you can afford to lose.
Keep safe and increese your long-term Bitcoin investment.

🔥Z-pay.io🔥 - Anonymous bitcoin cheques. FREE mixing.

☝️             ☝️                 ☝️
jayson3

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:34:55 AM

We are just entering the awareness phase.   Nine out if ten people have no idea what Bitcoin is and the media is just starting to cluelessly report it.  We will be in the mania phase when taxi drivers are boasting of bitcoin profits and the media are praising it as stupidly as they dismiss it now. 

When Jim Cramer says Bitcoin is a buy buy buy, then I will know we are in the mania phase.
Gordonium

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 07:38:51 AM

This. Techcrunch just wrote how VC:s are investing in Bitcoin, Winklewossies, more people now about Bitcoin than ever before...
jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1097

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:36:53 PM

We are just entering the awareness phase.   Nine hundred and ninety nine out if one thousand people have no idea what Bitcoin is and the media is just starting to cluelessly report it.  We will be in the mania phase when taxi drivers are boasting of bitcoin profits and the media are praising it as stupidly as they dismiss it now. 

When Jim Cramer says Bitcoin is a buy buy buy, then I will know we are in the mania phase.

FTFY

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
blackreplica

Activity: 224

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 10:27:13 AM

Perhaps....

www.sgBitcoin.net - The Premier News, Discussion & Marketplace Destination for the Singaporean Bitcoin Community
BitSmile

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:10:02 PM

Perhaps....

<image above>
It is back to what it's normal in bitcoin, going up and down. It works for me as a currency, I've been using it frequently since last year, only recently started to hoard some little coins, realizing the potencial.

rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 04:44:12 PM

The Long term chart shows many opportunities to get rid of your coin after either a runup, or a dip. I think what happened last week will be remembered in Bitcoin's history as an event as big as the crashes of November 2010, August 2011, September 2011, February 2012 and August 2012.

In other words, meh. Except for those that sold completely out, and are therefore completely out.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
randrace

Activity: 329

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:01:37 PM

We are definitively in the Awareness Phase. Ask 20 strangers on the street if they've heard of bitcoin.
Francesco

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:06:52 PM

We are definitively in the Awareness Phase. Ask 20 strangers on the street if they've heard of bitcoin.

I quite doubt many people in the streets had heard of the dot-com stocks either...
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:28:43 PM

I quite doubt many people in the streets had heard of the dot-com stocks either...

Yeah, but Bitcoin isn't a stock.
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 05:33:23 PM

I don't see why people keep referring to that chart. I could find hundreds of graphs that look like that and say SEE IT'S THE SAME.
Francesco

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:00:57 PM

It is an e-metal then -or a Ponzi scheme. Sure no currency behaves like that.

Anyway. Funny fact: now that I think of it, when I graduated, my friends did make me ask random strangers if they knew bitcoins (since I was talking about them quite often -it was back in the Pirate days). Most frowned at me, but one said he was a researcher and some of his colleagues were working on a related project. It was quite a shock!
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:15:54 PM

It is an e-metal then -or a Ponzi scheme. Sure no currency behaves like that.

Anyway. Funny fact: now that I think of it, when I graduated, my friends did make me ask random strangers if they knew bitcoins (since I was talking about them quite often -it was back in the Pirate days). Most frowned at me, but one said he was a researcher and some of his colleagues were working on a related project. It was quite a shock!

I see it as a communications medium.  In this way bitcoin is more comparable to television, radio, cell phones, email, etc, than some stock.   Ask 20 people on the street if they've ever heard of "email" or "the web" and see what response you get.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 06:18:49 PM

I had the same feeling.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: