Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 08:19:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] 60Gh/s BFL ASIC miner $2300 [new price]  (Read 1528 times)
CryptoZen (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:36:32 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2013, 04:04:13 AM by CryptoZen

I'm selling one of my Butterfly Labs pre-order 60Gh/s bitforce ASIC miner boxes.

Basically, this is probably a good deal for anyone who is thinking about ordering one from BFL's site, now or soon.

The price I will take for certain, is $3500 USD.  I will also entertain any offers over $2800.  I'm very happy to accept either BTC or wire transfer to my US bank account, or possibly other options.

My order # is (minus the last two digits):  #1000265XX
It was ordered March 26th, 2013.  So you almost certainly would see it sooner than one ordered on BFL's site right now -- whether that's two days or two weeks earlier, who knows? (others might have a better guess about this).  Also, my machine is 60Gh/s, not 50Gh/s as BFL is offering now for $2499.

The price includes overnight shipping anywhere in the US, or standard shipping anywhere in the world - unless you want to pay for faster shipping.  I can send it out the next business day after it arrives at my home -- or possibly the same day, depending on when it gets dropped off.

I personally believe that this hardware will eventually be delivered, but I'm not going to even guess at when.  Seemed like a good idea to sell one of my BFL boxes at a profit, to make me feel better about having to wait on the rest of my BFL mining hardware. Smiley  I wanted to give BTCtalk members first shot at this, else otherwise I'll probably eBay it, as all similar BFL miners there (that I could see, and ordered after Jan.1) have sold for over $4000.

Also, this is my first item selling on BTCtalk, so anyone with helpful suggestions, please feel free to chime in.  And, I'm pretty sure that anyone wanting to "trust a newer member", will be able to have a conversation with me, and feel quite confident of my long standing business reputation.  I've been buying/selling hardware online well before the WWW ever existed -- shouldn't be too hard to figure out a solution.

Thanks for looking!
-CryptoZen

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoZen (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:30:31 PM

Well, apparently there isn't much interest, so I'll likely put it up on eBay in a few days when I get the chance.  I'm planning on starting the eBay price at $2499 USD, so if anyone has interest at that level or above, feel free to PM me.  I'd just rather not deal with eBay, PayPal, and the lot -- when selling anything in general, much less such a specialized ASIC machine under unique (BFL) circumstances.  BTCtalk members seem to be the most informed about these rigs, best I can tell.

I'll edit this post with the eBay link once created, and close the thread once sold or taken off the market.

I'm a bit surprised that the BTC "price crash" has lowered interest so much (if that's indeed what it happening).  It's still the only ASIC miner system in the world that I know of which can be pre-ordered currently, ever since Avalon Batch #3 sold out.  Unless one believes that BFL will never ship -- or won't until 2014 ! Wink -- the most likely scenario (IMO) is this mining rig should be rather profitable at this price.  Perhaps I'll think about listing this again, after BFL has shipped to its first 20 customers...??

Thanks again all, for reading this far and any helpful comments.
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 01:32:47 AM

Less interest because you just ordered it.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
jhd

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 02:08:18 PM

less interest because BFL seems scam at the moment Smiley

Litecoin Lottery, Litecoin Roulette : http://www.coinpixel.com
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 04:28:26 PM

I am not sure what someone would pays such a high premium when you just ordered it and they have 9 months of backlog.  You might want to rethink your pricing strategy.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
CryptoZen (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:06:05 AM

Thanks all, for the feedback.  Smiley

Although I don't think BFL is a "scam" (strictly speaking), they certainly have a lot of unhappy customers by missing every delivery date so far.

And yes, Dalkore, I have done some thinking and decided to adjust the price: 

$2300 + shipping.

Since this is $200 less than what BFL is charging now, and the buyer should get the machine sooner than any order made on BFL's site today, I'm anticipating it selling without resorting to eBay.

For me, it's still a profit, and mitigates my other mining ownership risks (including other BFL equipment).  The buyer should realize, that what you're purchasing is a non-refundable one sentence contract with me:  To simply ship/get it to you immediately once BFL has it delivered to me.   If the buyer wants to pay me back for the shipping costs after it's been delivered to them, that's fine with me as well - otherwise we'll estimate it.  Preference given to buyers who can pick this up in person (in Austin, Texas).

If interested, PM me, and feel free to additionally post ITT.  Potential buyers should probably give me their email address, so I can email a full copy of my BFL purchase receipt.  Plus consider having a brief voice conversation as well.
howdoin

Activity: 35

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:12:55 PM

I'll take it for the $2300 + shipping if you accept to receive payment only once the unit is confirmed shipping from BFL to you and use of Escrow or Paypal for payment.
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 09:59:59 PM

I'll take it for the $2300 + shipping if you accept to receive payment only once the unit is confirmed shipping from BFL to you and use of Escrow or Paypal for payment.

I'll pay $2500 + overnight shipping + insurance but same conditions as above (i.e. only when they are actually shipping. none of this pre-order nonsence. I want a physical product)

CryptoZen (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 09:19:07 PM

Thanks for the offers, howdoin & ssateneth.  FYI, I'll receive offers faster if I'm PM'ed (because it forwards to my email).

I don't have a problem using escrow, but probably not for the whole amount (at these prices) until the unit is in your hand.  There is a reason why no ASIC, in hand, has ever sold for less than $20,000 to my knowledge.  Everyone who orders a BFL or Avalon ASIC for less than these extreme amounts, is in the same boat -- pay up front, and wait.  I agree that it sucks, but it's currently how it works in ASIC land.

However, let me give it some thought, and I'll try to PM you both in a bit.  Perhaps there is a happy medium and a deal that can be reached.

Any other offers, feel free to let me know.  Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: