Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:24:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GBYTE] Byteball Speculation  (Read 41859 times)
sheld0n

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 07:44:49 PM

IOTA is heading to find strong partnerships in industries and they have already settled up some. This is definetely one of the factors why it is currently more valued than Byteball in my view. Nevertheless, Byteball has a different use case and you can not compare both projects just because they base on a DAG. The projects are pretty different in their nature. I think both projects will gain more value in future because the tech of both is strong.

So right now Byteball is valued at only 1/6th of IOTA. Obviously there are some differences in both projects. Most well known is the fact that IOTA has actually no tx fees.
I wonder however how sustainable a network without any fees for transactions can be (seems like a great spam-attack vector)?
Do you guys think IOTA is overvalued or Byteball undervalued? Or both?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kronos123

Activity: 1022
Merit: 391

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 10:44:59 PM

So right now Byteball is valued at only 1/6th of IOTA. Obviously there are some differences in both projects. Most well known is the fact that IOTA has actually no tx fees.
I wonder however how sustainable a network without any fees for transactions can be (seems like a great spam-attack vector)?
Do you guys think IOTA is overvalued or Byteball undervalued? Or both?

but byteball distributions is not over yet. let's see what happen when this over  Grin

Can you already know when will the byteball distributions end?
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 24, 2017, 11:30:01 PM

What and where do you think the pre distribution pump this time?

I noticed that last time the price rose just before the distribution, then dropped more than 20% just after it.

I guess I'll stay in Bitcoin then rebuy back since it would give me more than 20% of Byteball profit

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:07:58 AM

What and where do you think the pre distribution pump this time?

I noticed that last time the price rose just before the distribution, then dropped more than 20% just after it.

I guess I'll stay in Bitcoin then rebuy back since it would give me more than 20% of Byteball profit

it's gonna be the same every time.

because you get 0.2 gb per gb you already hold there'll be automatic buying pressure before.

staying in bitcoin is kind of neutral cost wise as the price falls afterwards that buys the same amount of gb more or less.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:26:58 AM

About valuation:

Think about the size of the IoT market. We are talking about (tens of) billions of devices that (will) communicate with each other.
At one point in the future IoT will be like electricity we wont be able to live without it and everything produced will be connected with each other.

Btw. Im still negative about the byteball distribution :/

Would their be interest in a clone?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 01:48:53 AM

At one point in the future IoT will be like electricity we wont be able to live without it and everything produced will be connected with each other.

man, i hope not. nothing good will come of leaving absolutely everything vulnerable to hackers. and i don't trust my toaster to get the best price for my bread, or the bread i want.

i've seen those amazon button ordering things. i couldn't imagine anything more stupid but i guess the future's gonna leave me behind. i'll be safe in the past.
sheld0n

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 25, 2017, 04:26:06 PM

If the current distribution amount continues per month then distribution will be done within the next 15 months. Probably a little bit earlier.
However distribution has already changed so it is not impossible that it change again. Therefore I would say it is not predictable. Just follow the announcements from distribution to distribution. I think it even does not matter if the distributions end within one, two or three years.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:05:00 AM

sorta on topic

i need to make a priv key msg off my BTC addresses to prove to my email that I legit hold 100 btc

Thus the 'air gap' machine build would be safest to do this (PAPER virgin wallets never have been used for the hoard)

Thus to start this off I assume

I put a build together and put windows 10 on the machine and get the windows 10 updates off the interenet

and then

I download bitcoin wallet like bitcoin-qt and have it synch up on the internet as well

then unplug the beastie from the internet

make my private key msg's with info to prove i own the bitcoin to the byteball bot I gather and linked (hopefully forever with no monthly more to do on airdrops in future)

then just plain erase the windows machine to be safe and use it for something else after the re-install after the fact (ie format)

I also assume I can use the same encrypted msg (copy) each month to prove my btc from each of my btc paper wallets  or am I simply linked on that btc or btc address on the monthly snapshot and even that is not needed once i've linked (proof ) of my btc to byteball month to month

sorry about all the questions. but I'm clueless on such stuff..its cryptic as hell...and the machine build is turning out to be a pain..got the parts they are NOT

playing well together Sad

anyway, any refinement or NO NO NO on the above and advice is appreciated..but I think I have the above Air gap'd machine thing down ...right?

(frigging things I do for an angle for some $$$ to apply to btc or hell to hold byteball sheesh)

again thanks for the info

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:11:18 AM

As long as you're air gapped it's less hassle to use this https://github.com/brainwallet/brainwallet.github.io/archive/f7679dd03f39a04edced641960a7c3df1116fea9.zip linked from here http://www.mocacinno.com/blog/how-to-sign-a-message-with-a-bip38-encrypted-paper-wallet/
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 08:53:33 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2017, 02:17:09 PM by kaicrypzen

(hopefully forever with no monthly more to do on airdrops in future)

The linking process is a one-time thing. You link a Bitcoin address to a Byteball address. If your funds do not change addresses (because you did an outgoing transaction for instance) then you are good to go for all the up-coming distributions. You'll get bytes and blackbtes according to your bitcoin balance in the next distribution (the first for you) and then you'll get bytes and blackbytes for both your bitcoin balance and your bytes balance for each of the following distributions (if you hold your bytes). If you intend to sell your bytes then no problem, you'll just get the distribution according to your bitcoin balance (for each distribution and with no need to re-link).

I also assume I can use the same encrypted msg (copy) each month to prove my btc from each of my btc paper wallets  or am I simply linked on that btc or btc address on the monthly snapshot and even that is not needed once i've linked (proof ) of my btc to byteball month to month

I'm not understanding this very well, anyway, if you want to use other Bitcoin addresses, you'll have to sign your Byteball address with these specific addresses. The signature ties a specific Bitcoin address to a specific Byteball address, you can not reuse it to tie another Bitcoin address to the same or to another Byteball address.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 10:22:16 AM

I don't understand why I can't just download bitcoin-qt ..I've heard brain wallets are dangerous (prev post..no disrespect to the author)

So why is just downloading and updating bitcoin Qt just as safe as this?

again thanks everyone for the help...I ever get this down I need to make a thread on how to do this...no one I know ..knows much about

the priv key msg option anyway....not to mention air gap'd machines Sad

The linking process is a one-time thing. You link a Bitcoin address to a Byteball address. If your funds do not change addresses (because you did an outgoing transaction for instance) then you are good to go for all the up-coming distributions. You'll get bytes and blackbtes according to your bitcoin balance in the next distribution (the first for you) and then if you'll get bytes and blackbytes for both your bitcoin balance and your bytes balance for each of the following distributions (if you hold your bytes). If you intend to sell your bytes then no problem, you'll just get the distribution according to your bitcoin balance (for each distribution and with no need to re-link).

I also assume I can use the same encrypted msg (copy) each month to prove my btc from each of my btc paper wallets  or am I simply linked on that btc or btc address on the monthly snapshot and even that is not needed once i've linked (proof ) of my btc to byteball month to month

I'm not understanding this very well, anyway, if you want to use other Bitcoin addresses, you'll have to sign your Byteball address with these specific addresses. The signature ties a specific Bitcoin address to a specific Byteball address, you can not reuse it to tie another Bitcoin address to the same or to another Byteball address.

yeah, I was not clear on the 2nd point

what I meant was I know I have to link each of my 3 paper wallet addresses (virgin) with byteball and my email address

so the priv key msg for each of my wallets with priv key is done such.....what I meant to say

thank goodness I only have to leap thru this hoop once

anyway...good to have goals..keeps me away from watching internet cats on youtube (they are evil) and generally wasting free time right?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
singularityisnear

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 02:40:54 PM

The alts are entering into a new bear market. Let's see how Byteball holds up in this period. So far it's holding strong.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
singularityisnear

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2017, 09:07:11 PM

Now it's down 11.86% in terms of USD, and 5.59% in terms of Bitcoin. Too much sell pressure.

⚪ Byteball     ❱❱❱     I T   J U S T   W O R K S .    ❱❱❱
Sending Crypto to Email  -  Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments  -  ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD          TELEGRAM          TWITTER          MEDIUM          SLACK          REDDIT
machasm

Activity: 784
Merit: 796

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:35:47 PM

I don't understand why I can't just download bitcoin-qt ..I've heard brain wallets are dangerous (prev post..no disrespect to the author)

So why is just downloading and updating bitcoin Qt just as safe as this?

again thanks everyone for the help...I ever get this down I need to make a thread on how to do this...no one I know ..knows much about

the priv key msg option anyway....not to mention air gap'd machines Sad

The linking process is a one-time thing. You link a Bitcoin address to a Byteball address. If your funds do not change addresses (because you did an outgoing transaction for instance) then you are good to go for all the up-coming distributions. You'll get bytes and blackbtes according to your bitcoin balance in the next distribution (the first for you) and then if you'll get bytes and blackbytes for both your bitcoin balance and your bytes balance for each of the following distributions (if you hold your bytes). If you intend to sell your bytes then no problem, you'll just get the distribution according to your bitcoin balance (for each distribution and with no need to re-link).

yeah, I was not clear on the 2nd point

what I meant was I know I have to link each of my 3 paper wallet addresses (virgin) with byteball and my email address

so the priv key msg for each of my wallets with priv key is done such.....what I meant to say

thank goodness I only have to leap thru this hoop once

anyway...good to have goals..keeps me away from watching internet cats on youtube (they are evil) and generally wasting free time right?

You could use bitcoin-qt but the blockchain dl is going to take a while.
Why not just use electrum? Much easier to use and sign messages.
Obviously only enter your priv keys into electrum once you are air gapped.
If you don't move your BTC from the address/es you register with the bot then all future airdrops will happen automatically and you will just receive your monthly Byteballs and GBB every month just after the airdrop.

Carolina
bc1qtm5d24nycxqfqzdtj33zh9m9wn2cdek6v4kkck
b-cause

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 04:14:53 PM

If the current distribution amount continues per month then distribution will be done within the next 15 months. Probably a little bit earlier.
However distribution has already changed so it is not impossible that it change again. Therefore I would say it is not predictable. Just follow the announcements from distribution to distribution. I think it even does not matter if the distributions end within one, two or three years.

Unfortunately thats not correct. About 15 rounds were calculated with the old rules (0.1gb for each 1gb you hold, now it is 0.2 for each gb you hold) and way less linked bitcoins added each round. Of course nobody can tell you exactly how many rounds will follow. I calculated +50k linked bitcoins (in the end it was much more) each round before the last airdrop and I came to the result that 6 more airdrops will follow (calculation was done in the middle of may, so we have one airdrop less, means 5 more). I guess we will have at least 4 more drops (imho 5 rounds) and if Tony changes the rules that bitcoin holders get way less, maybe we see 6 more rounds.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:24:21 PM

i'm very intrigued to see how high it gets this time around pre distribution. there's still quite a while to go and it's risen pretty strongly. does anyone have a little put aside to sell or are you all staying completely put?
Cart

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:53:47 PM

This is such an interesting concept and I think the prices will continue to keep going higher before the distributions and then briefly drop.
Where do you see a ceiling in this?
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 06:26:05 PM

Staying put. Why sell for a possible penny if I earn a buck in 3 years?

Cart

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:28:43 PM

Yeah, it is true. There is a lot of potential to come.
Is Byteball comparable to IOTA, since it has no blockchain right?
Gaius Cryptus Tradius

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:03:37 PM

Byteball is great. But can you link the Bitcoins from physical Bitcoin coins to your address?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: