Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:22:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin to hit +$10,000 on Bitstamp this weekend...  (Read 12079 times)
w00t

Activity: 188
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:18:57 PM

They posted on their blog that they switched their bank to the Unicredit UK. So I think they solved it quite well.

Wrong, not only it stays the same bank as before in Slovenia, but there is not such a thing as Unicredit UK. They only switched the company to a UK one.

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/new-banking-details/

Dear Bitstamp clients,

We would like to inform you that Bitstamp now has new bank details.

We ask that you send all further deposits to following bank account:

Account owner:   
Bitstamp LIMITED
Address:   5 Jupiter House, Calleva Park, Aldermaston
City:   Reading, Berkshire RG7 8NN

Bank name:   
Unicredit banka Slovenija d.d.
Address:   Smartinska 140
City:   1000 Ljubljana
IBAN:   SI56290000170073837
BIC (SWIFT):   BACXSI22

They posted on their blog that they switched their bank to the Unicredit UK. So I think they solved it quite well.

Wrong, not only it stays the same bank as before in Slovenia, but there is not such a thing as Unicredit UK. They only switched the company to a UK one.

https://www.bitstamp.net/article/new-banking-details/

Dear Bitstamp clients,

We would like to inform you that Bitstamp now has new bank details.

We ask that you send all further deposits to following bank account:

Account owner:   
Bitstamp LIMITED
Address:   5 Jupiter House, Calleva Park, Aldermaston
City:   Reading, Berkshire RG7 8NN

Bank name:   
Unicredit banka Slovenija d.d.
Address:   Smartinska 140
City:   1000 Ljubljana
IBAN:   SI56290000170073837
BIC (SWIFT):   BACXSI22

Yes you are right, my apologies.

Anyway it seems like they are moving business to the UK (at least formally) so I assume the next step will be to open bank account there.

First PC game is using Bitcoin as the currency: Fallout 2
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meanig (OP)

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:20:29 PM

Of course I'm only playing devil's advocate here with my suggestions but if Bitstamp had one million dollars on deposit and Slovenia was forced into Cypriot style solution then the tax could be as high as 90%

This is all irrelevant if they've moved accounts to the UK but when I sent money to them a couple of weeks ago it went to Slovenia.  

Huh
If they moved the bank accounts to UK they are safe. WTF are you talking about?

The Northern Rock disaster of 2007 showed the UK government is willing to print whatever money is necessary to keeps the banks open for business.

The question of what the pounds in the account will be able to buy is a different issue.
meanig (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 05:27:47 PM

You're lying yourself big time if you think that Bitcoin is in stage where people invest in it as some kind of safety, lol.

It's still pure, pure speculation.

I'm not suggesting it's a safe haven but I do think people would rather take bitcoins at a much inflated price instead of shares in Unicredit Slovenia which can't be traded for X number of years.
meanig (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 12:48:40 AM

Slovenia Downgraded to Junk Status

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20130430/us-moody-s-slovenia/?utm_hp_ref=business&ir=business

Moody's Investors Service downgraded Slovenia's government bond rating on banking turmoil in the Eastern European country and the government's heavy debt load.

The rating agency on Tuesday lowered the country's rating into junk-grade status with a "Ba1" rating. The outlook remains negative – meaning it could face further downgrades in the near future.

BlackRock Asks Slovenia Bad-Bank Details Before Debt Sale

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-30/blackrock-asks-slovenia-bad-bank-details-before-debt-sale.html

BlackRock Inc (BLK)., the world’s biggest investor, is asking Slovenia to provide details of a project to rescue banks as the government delayed pricing of its first long-term debt this year and Moody’s Investors Service lowered the country to junk.

The nation needs to recapitalize its ailing banking industry with as much as 1 billion euros ($1.3 billion) and fund the budget as the government works out details of a so-called bad bank plan to restructure the industry. The country is grappling with its second recession since 2009, with the export- driven economy forecast to contract again this year, according to a Bloomberg survey.

Guess we'll be seeing soon enough if Cyprus was a one off or the new template.
Spekulatius
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:12:27 AM

interesting.

Dreht euch nicht um
denn der Bankrott geht um.
Wer sich umdreht oder lacht
kriegt den Buckel voll gemacht

Who's next?
smurf2094

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 02:23:39 AM

Whyyyyyy would you bump this?  Huh
Jaroslaw

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

supernode

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 07:04:22 AM

Hello sir wheres your 1000$+ ?
meanig (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:25:03 PM

Update: Bitcoin to hit $10,000 on Bitstamp this weekend  Tongue

Slovenia needs up to 5 billion euro to clean up troubled banks: sources

Slovenia is expected to need as much as 5 billion euros ($6.8 billion) to recapitalize its banks, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, a figure some officials say would not require an international bailout.

Slovenia's government is determined not to seek international aid and one government official recently said that even were the bill for repair to reach 4.6 billion euros it would not trigger a request for help. The banks are nursing some 8 billion euros in bad loans, equivalent to almost one quarter of economic output, raising speculation that Slovenia, with a population of just 2 million, might become the sixth euro zone economy to need outside help. On December 13, the government will receive the results of an external audit of the banks, which will say how much cash the government must inject to keep them afloat. "The latest figure we have for Slovenia is 5 billion euros," a senior euro zone official familiar with the situation told Reuters.

A second official said that 5 billion euros was likely to be the upper limit and that it could be as low as 4 billion euros. He said it was unlikely this range would require an international bailout for the ex-Yugoslav republic. A source close to the government of Prime Minister Alenka Bratusek told Reuters last week that the country was able to cope with a gap of 4.6 billion euros. Slovenia's stock market suspended trade in its banks' shares and junior bonds on Monday, until the publication of results of bank stress tests next week. Credit-rating agency Fitch has said that under the worst-case scenario, Ljubljana will have to recapitalize its mostly state-owned banks with 4.6 billion euros - far more than the 1.2 billion euros it has set aside.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/04/us-eurozone-slovenia-idUSBRE9B30Z920131204

Unless their Prime Minister can magic 4.6 billion euros from somewhere she'll be looking for help from the troika (EU, ECB and the IMF). That's possibly very bad news for customers with dollars on deposit with Bitstamp because the troika has said that any further bailouts will have an element of investor pain attached i.e. bank deposit confiscation.

zuckerant

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:37:05 PM

I don't care. My country also have troubled banks that cost several billions.

My money is safer in Slovenia than it's in my own country.  Grin

Maybe I'll move to Slovenia. They seem to be more reasonable even though they have a huge deficit.
Dragonkiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:37:25 PM

Slovenia is expected to need as much as 5 billion euros ($6.8 billion) to recapitalize its banks, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters, a figure some officials say would not require an international bailout.

Slovenia's government is determined not to seek international aid and one government official recently said that even were the bill for repair to reach 4.6 billion euros it would not trigger a request for help. The banks are nursing some 8 billion euros in bad loans, equivalent to almost one quarter of economic output, raising speculation that Slovenia, with a population of just 2 million, might become the sixth euro zone economy to need outside help. On December 13, the government will receive the results of an external audit of the banks, which will say how much cash the government must inject to keep them afloat. "The latest figure we have for Slovenia is 5 billion euros," a senior euro zone official familiar with the situation told Reuters.

A second official said that 5 billion euros was likely to be the upper limit and that it could be as low as 4 billion euros. He said it was unlikely this range would require an international bailout for the ex-Yugoslav republic. A source close to the government of Prime Minister Alenka Bratusek told Reuters last week that the country was able to cope with a gap of 4.6 billion euros. Slovenia's stock market suspended trade in its banks' shares and junior bonds on Monday, until the publication of results of bank stress tests next week. Credit-rating agency Fitch has said that under the worst-case scenario, Ljubljana will have to recapitalize its mostly state-owned banks with 4.6 billion euros - far more than the 1.2 billion euros it has set aside.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/12/04/us-eurozone-slovenia-idUSBRE9B30Z920131204

Unless their Prime Minister can magic 4.6 billion euros from somewhere she'll be looking for help from the troika (EU, ECB and the IMF). That's possibly very bad news for customers with dollars on deposit with Bitstamp because the troika has said that any further bailouts will have an element of investor pain attached i.e. bank deposit confiscation.

I am worried about this. Does this affect Bitstamp? Because they use UniCredit bank, i.e. not a state-owned bank.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:42:31 PM

I am worried about this. Does this affect Bitstamp? Because they use UniCredit bank, i.e. not a state-owned bank.

why does it matter if you buy btc and transfer out?
meanig (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:45:51 PM

Whether it affects UniCredit or not is a political decision. UniCredit might not need recapitalisation money from the government but for political reasons it could be decided that customers at all banks should suffer losses. Or more likely there could be temporary capital controls at unaffected banks to stop money leaving the country.

Bitstamp is a great exchange but I have feeling that the economic and political situation will consume them.
Dragonkiller

Activity: 378

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:47:10 PM

why does it matter if you buy btc and transfer out?

I'm not fully in BTC yet. Have quite a large amount of fiat on Bitstamp. Hopefully can find a good opportunity to get all in BTC by Friday, if not, I might just go all in anyway.
meanig (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:46:31 PM

The great and the good of Slovenian politics have converged tonight to decide who's going to pay for the bailout.

Ljubljana, 11 December (STA) - The leaders of the four coalition parties will meet on Wednesday evening to be briefed about the results of stress tests carried out at eight Slovenian banks, according to unofficial sources. The results are expected to be presented to the public on Thursday.

http://www.sta.si/en/vest.php?s=a&id=1956752

How exciting!
Apraksin

Activity: 420
Merit: 251

Moon?

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:34:42 PM

Sometimes it pays to read speculation forum. My fiat on bitstamp has magically transformed itself into BTC.
gotmilk_

Activity: 442

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:46:26 PM

Banks with problems in Slovenia are mostly banks, which are in the hands of state... Our country is still in a hands of old politcs and they (their figures) are/were giving big credits to their rich and greedy friends without insurance. Now they can not return them.
Unicredit Slovenia is a branch of Italian Unicredit Group... As I know this bank is not on a list...  Wink
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:12:51 AM

Sometimes it pays to read speculation forum. My fiat on bitstamp has magically transformed itself into BTC.

Is the btc transferred to your own address? If it were me, I would worry that if they freeze their bank accounts, the might get a clue and freeze their hot and cold wallets (or just turn off transfers out).

Better to have it out since you can transfer it in later than not.
Xenoph0bia

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:32:34 AM

Is the btc transferred to your own address? If it were me, I would worry that if they freeze their bank accounts, the might get a clue and freeze their hot and cold wallets (or just turn off transfers out).

I agree, but when you actively trade, you have no choice. You have to accept this possibility
sickpig
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:41:03 AM

I agree, but when you actively trade, you have no choice. You have to accept this possibility

sure right you are, but another possibility is to move a part of your btc to another trade market? no?

Bitcoin is a participatory system which ought to respect the right of self determinism of all of its users - Gregory Maxwell.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4018
Merit: 1299

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:41:45 AM

Definitely true, but if they are really worried about something this weekend, it might be prudent to take a break.

:-)

Edit: sickpig makes a good point.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: