Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:47:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PSA: Bitcoin's survival and long term prospects depend on MtGox getting killed.  (Read 10110 times)
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 08:33:21 PM

Really, are they related in any way other than they both have something to do with bitcoins and their name starts with Coin?

I guess I link this.

I think we are all well aware of the problem but can you discuss a solution? Can you propose any approach we might take towards establishing a decentralized secure exchange?

If I have to say get in the WoT and OTC one more time I'ma start broiling noobs. Especially the uppity sort, like the abbyd douche.

crud

Here's a newsflash: regurgitating what you think are Gramma Moses' bits of wisdom with universal appeal won't promote you into some sort of intellectual elite of Bitcoin.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
abbyd

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 08:57:48 PM

Here's a newsflash: regurgitating what you think are Gramma Moses' bits of wisdom with universal appeal won't promote you into some sort of intellectual elite of Bitcoin.

You're funny, but you might not be as smart as you think you are... in this case, what you're doing is "arguing against reality". Time to re-think.

BTW I appreciate your crassness - these days people are a bunch of p*ssies and unable to take criticism.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:30:33 PM

You're funny, but you might not be as smart as you think you are... in this case, what you're doing is "arguing against reality". Time to re-think.

Not really. Time for you to go check out what has happened to Bitcoin "realities" once I started arguing against them, past year or two.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
NedKLee

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 10:57:00 PM

Stop living in your dream world.

Account created February 10, 2012. 4th post made February 28, 2012. 5th post made March 05, 2013. So...you bought it?

Care to elaborate please?

There is lots of innuendo here, lots of reading between the lines, fact is I've had no problems with Mt. Gox, no lag, no latency, money in, BTC out, they're doing everything I'd expect an exchange to do, in a timely manner, so what is the story?

Account created March 24, 2013.

Soo...there was some sort of solar flare in March or what? Did you actually read and comprehend the linked material or are you yet another one of the hands in ears "lalala I know better than all of you because I'm me and rain doesn't exist because my three weeks' experience doesn't contain rain"?

Sort of unfair to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person, but I need to make an exception in your case, mainly because you have the gall to post personal dissatisfaction as a PSA.

My engagement with BTC goes back about 2 years.

Because I'm not an expert I engage with people that really DO know of which they speak, people like Steve Gibson from sgrc.com, people on this forum, the tech press and more recently the " Let's talk Bitcoin" podcast.

Based on my experience I'll continue to support Mt. Gox, they've done me no harm at all, on the contrary I believe their service has been excellent.

Made a point all my life not to become susceptible to the negative influences of other people (SNIOPS), you Sir, are a SNIOP.

As for rain, we experience approximately 300 mm per annum here, but you get that, living on the edge of desert country, perhaps it's you that's a bit water logged.

Keith

greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:15:35 PM

Because I'm not an expert I engage with people that really DO know of which they speak [...] the tech press

the tech press

the tech press

You're amusing. Can I book you? What does the rest of your programme look like?
Blueberry408

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

One American Sumbitch Which Love 8

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 11:39:22 PM

Please do your part killing this offensive piece of shit scamsite. Never trade on MtGox. Not now, not ever. Every dollar you pay in taxes goes to feed some bureaucrat swine, pay for hospitals, education and bombers. Every dollar you pay in MtGox fees goes to feed swine exclusively.

Find a different exchange, trade there, never MtGox again.

Dwolla basically proved to the world that Gox lied to someone on paper.  I would prefer to trust Dwolla, since I got it from Apple's App Store; and that's just because I believe that Apple takes more care with the apps as far as malware goes. The chain of trust lopped Gox off the trunk, so I'll never send another Satoshi thru it again!

If you do, doesn't it mean you are looking past the alleged deceptions.

Feel free to send along any spare floating point remainders: 1CVTqVbqHTw35xGKfp4vmxggKdkMVwswtr
NedKLee

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 01:25:48 AM

The problem isn't specifically Mt.Gox,

Seriously? After MPEx released enough information about how to correctly design an exchange? They should have known better.

Seriously? After I read the link supplied by YOU in your argument, you tell me MPex isn't tech press, well I'll be buttered on both sides.

And if you're using a quote, please include the whole quote, don't selectively edit, you deleted sgrc.com, the wisdom contained in this forum and the "Let's talk Bitcoin" podcast, very convenient.

Keith
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2013, 04:34:08 AM

Mt Gox is the AOL of bitcoin.

MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2013, 09:07:37 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2013, 09:56:40 AM by MPOE-PR

Stop living in your dream world.

Account created February 10, 2012. 4th post made February 28, 2012. 5th post made March 05, 2013. So...you bought it?

Care to elaborate please?

There is lots of innuendo here, lots of reading between the lines, fact is I've had no problems with Mt. Gox, no lag, no latency, money in, BTC out, they're doing everything I'd expect an exchange to do, in a timely manner, so what is the story?

Account created March 24, 2013.

Soo...there was some sort of solar flare in March or what? Did you actually read and comprehend the linked material or are you yet another one of the hands in ears "lalala I know better than all of you because I'm me and rain doesn't exist because my three weeks' experience doesn't contain rain"?

Sort of unfair to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person, but I need to make an exception in your case, mainly because you have the gall to post personal dissatisfaction as a PSA.

My engagement with BTC goes back about 2 years.

Because I'm not an expert I engage with people that really DO know of which they speak, people like Steve Gibson from sgrc.com, people on this forum, the tech press and more recently the " Let's talk Bitcoin" podcast.

Based on my experience I'll continue to support Mt. Gox, they've done me no harm at all, on the contrary I believe their service has been excellent.

Made a point all my life not to become susceptible to the negative influences of other people (SNIOPS), you Sir, are a SNIOP.

As for rain, we experience approximately 300 mm per annum here, but you get that, living on the edge of desert country, perhaps it's you that's a bit water logged.

Keith

I am not a sir, fucktard. You have not been "involved with Bitcoin" for the past two years. For one, if you had been you'd know that much. For the other, being involved means something else than what you think it does.

I can't believe he actually refers to the SpinRite idiot as some sort of expert. I can't believe he actually misreferences the guy's website address. I can't believe I can't find Gibson's hysterically hilarious piece about how he was attacked by some script kiddie in 2001 or thereabouts and how he "infiltrated his irc" (by means of the supersecret /join scryp7).

Please, let's not talk Bitcoin anymore, for we are talking out of our ass. And by we I mean you. Podcasts are a source now ffs. Go supernode somewhere.

the wisdom contained in this forum

He is talking about the wisdom contained in this forum. In an argument with the source of that wisdom.

davidspitzer

Activity: 630

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 11:32:23 PM

Please do your part killing this offensive piece of shit scamsite. Never trade on MtGox. Not now, not ever. Every dollar you pay in taxes goes to feed some bureaucrat swine, pay for hospitals, education and bombers. Every dollar you pay in MtGox fees goes to feed swine exclusively.

Oh mighty wise one, do you have a suggestion for a better exchange to use?

The first bitcoins I bought were on TradeHill, because they allowed easy Dwolla deposits and I thought MtGox seemed sketchy (this was right around the time of the big MtGox hack and rollback etc). Tradehill went away, so I stopped using them.

I then used MtGox, now I have an account there and a small amount of money there, so unless another option is clearly better I will keep using them because it is familiar. They do have a record of developing very long lag times during high volumes of trade, so I would be interested in an exchange that does the whole exchange thing better.

I tried putting up an ad on localbitcoins, but never got any response.

I used Coinbase to buy some bitcoin, but their daily limit is obnoxious and they are just selling bitcoins, it is not the same as trading on a market.

What is the best option, or do we still need somebody to make the ideal exchange site?

I have been very satisfied with CampBX of late (im in the US so I cannot speak of their service levels in other countries and currencies) When I transfer to USD to dwolla it is virtually instant.
adub

Activity: 171

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2013, 11:45:33 PM

The first bitcoins I bought were on TradeHill, because they allowed easy Dwolla deposits and I thought MtGox seemed sketchy (this was right around the time of the big MtGox hack and rollback etc). Tradehill went away, so I stopped using them.

I then used MtGox, now I have an account there and a small amount of money there, so unless another option is clearly better I will keep using them because it is familiar. They do have a record of developing very long lag times during high volumes of trade, so I would be interested in an exchange that does the whole exchange thing better.

I used Coinbase to buy some bitcoin, but their daily limit is obnoxious and they are just selling bitcoins, it is not the same as trading on a market.

What is the best option, or do we still need somebody to make the ideal exchange site?

I have been very satisfied with CampBX of late (im in the US so I cannot speak of their service levels in other countries and currencies) When I transfer to USD to dwolla it is virtually instant.

I like campbx too. I would like to see them pick up more US traders looking for a Gox alternative.

blog.atlantabitcoin.com || www.linkedin.com/in/atlantabitcoin
Ask me about how to legally operate Bitcoin ATM/Kiosks in the US!
Curious about how the various Bitcoin ATMs measure up? Check out bitcoinatmsales.com.
Bitrated: https://www.bitrated.com/aawilliams/
shad0wbitz

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2013, 03:20:48 AM

Why are we even trading decentralised currency meant to replace fiat for fiat in the first place? >_>

Because everyone thinks Bitcoin is a currency, yet they find they cant buy anything* with it Smiley

(*you cant eat a VPN or live in a bag of cocaine)

I just bought a 2k Amazon gift card through Gyft.com and bought ALL KINDS of shit with it. So can you explain how you can only buy cocaine with it?

I have also gotten giftcards for Burger King, and other outlets.

GOX SUX COX!
The true faces of the Bitcoinica / Intersango SCAM! - Bitcoin was born in the shad0ws, for the shad0ws.
readonlyaccess

Activity: 48

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 05:48:41 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2013, 06:03:17 AM by readonlyaccess

Why are we even trading decentralised currency meant to replace fiat for fiat in the first place? >_>

Because everyone thinks Bitcoin is a currency, yet they find they cant buy anything* with it Smiley

(*you cant eat a VPN or live in a bag of cocaine)

I just bought a 2k Amazon gift card through Gyft.com and bought ALL KINDS of shit with it. So can you explain how you can only buy cocaine with it?

I have also gotten giftcards for Burger King, and other outlets.

Gyft is one of the best services i've found that accept bitcoin.  I literally use BTC to eat out for dinner, buy my shoes, see movies, etc...

If all miners used this service instead of dumping, I think the value would increase.
Peter Lambert

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
July 04, 2013, 11:26:53 AM

I have been trying CampBX. I agree, transfers to and from CampBX using Dwolla are a breeze (If only it didn't take 4 days for transfers between dwolla and my bank ... but that is just the limitation of the legacy banking structure). I am still unsatisfied. CampBX website is extremely slow, even slower than MtGox. They do not seem to have the lag on orders like MtGox does, once you get an order placed it executes pretty much immediately. But placing the order is soooo slow, each page load takes 10-30 seconds, and you have to confirm everything twice. The CampBX website layout is also poorly done, I would like to have all the information in one place, but they have a separate page for every bit of information, so to check anything you need to wait for another 15 second page load. I didn't actually time the page loads, but that is my guess of how long they take on average. The main page is also obnoxious with the giant moving graphic splash, instead they should have a much smaller news section and the current market information.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: