Bitcoin Forum
June 04, 2024, 10:33:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Accepting payment unanonymously  (Read 1001 times)
Janitroxy (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 09:04:49 AM

Hi.. I want to know if there is any way one can accept payment in bitcoins without the payer knowing whom he is sending money. Is there any way the payer can find out whom did he pay by sending a mail to the website owner or smthng..
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 09:14:46 AM

bitcoin is decentralized which means you don't need a website owner to make a bitcoin address for you and give it to you!

you download a bitcoin wallet https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet and make a bitcoin address and give that address (public key) to the sender to pay you bitcoin.

and if the only thing the sender sees is your bitcoin address that you just made, he can not know who you are.

but if you announce to the world who you are and if you sell those coins, your identity becomes known.

https://bitcoin.org/en/you-need-to-know#anonymous

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 09:21:59 AM

Hi.. I want to know if there is any way one can accept payment in bitcoins without the payer knowing whom he is sending money. Is there any way the payer can find out whom did he pay by sending a mail to the website owner or smthng..

I think theres a way like what you say, by mailing the owner of the website if you use your real identity, but ofcourse the owner dont tell if you didnt do anything wrong. Ofcourse the owner of the site should protect your identity. So dont you worry if you didnt do anything wrong, but if you do anything wrong. haha they can know you. they can track you.

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 10:11:41 AM

If you are using exchange your address is related to your personal data.
If you are using some web wallet your address is related to your personal data.
If you are using software wallet your address is NOT related to your personal data.

You are looking for this third option, download software wallet like electrum/multibit/bitcoin core.
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 02:31:22 PM

If the payer only has a bitcoin address, then she won't know who she is paying.

As Bitcoin is only pseudonymous, you have to ensure that no other information is linked to your address.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 05:19:48 PM

As Bitcoin is only pseudonymous, you have to ensure that no other information is linked to your address.

This, plus not using that address for another payment Smiley
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 05:28:14 PM

The said is only applicable to desktop wallets. If you are using a web wallet and use a new addy each time you receive a payment, all your addresses are still linked to your wallet inside the web wallet service and can be seen by the service operator. In my view, the desktop wallets are also vulnerable to a degree because all your Bitcoin addresses are linked to your IP address even if it is dynamic. Your Internet provider just like a web wallet operator may easily link all these addresses back to you.
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 06:12:51 PM

In reference to the thread title as well as the second sentence on the thread body, what you asked is a way to know to where or to whom the coin is sent. I think there is a way, if the addressee is using certain wallet provider, because one of my local wallet provider asked some legal government-issued documents for verification. I know Xapo also asked this if you reached certain limit. IDK though if the company is willing to share the database upon request.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 06:22:20 PM

That's entirely possible, however by the sounds of it, you care more about whether or not they are going to be able to find out your information by sending a mail to the website owner, and typically they'll only let something like that happen if they get a subpoena or some request from a law enforcement agency, which they're legally obliged to comply with.
susila_bai

Activity: 1260
Merit: 524

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 09:43:18 PM

Ya it is possible until what type of wallet you are going to use, if you are using desktop wallet then you should not use other address so that others cannot know it. but what you are asking is some what suspicious i think you dont want to know this details because you are going to do some thing illegal activity.

Then better be careful because what ever smart you are wrong doings never pay you good
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:04:47 AM

It is possible that your sender doesn't know who the receiver is if you don't divulge your identity. There are many cases in crowdfunding transactions that somebody is sending me btc and he doesn't know me. At the same time I am sending btc to an address without knowing who I am sending to.

But if you divulge your identity before the transaction then the sender knows whom will he sent the btc.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 09:28:40 AM

If you use third party bitcoin payment processor to accept payments than you may lost your privacy (but it is quite rare that those processor may give user details to any random buyers). So better option is to generate paper wallet and give bitcoin address to the payer and only import that paper wallet to any web wallet you like when you want to spend those received bitcoin.
Catmony

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 09:44:33 AM

Hi.. I want to know if there is any way one can accept payment in bitcoins without the payer knowing whom he is sending money.
Just give them a new bitcoin address which you have never used or you have just generated in offline environment and also after receiving those payment try to mix it and send to one of your bitcoin address which you have never given to other or have posted anywhere on internet. This will be enough for you to remain anonymous from the sender.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 09:51:42 AM

This is possible with few trading and exchange websites. As there are websites that accept transaction only based upon proper enrolment of identity into the transaction ledger. Other than this, on direct transfer its truly hard to know identity. Possible only upon users effort.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
mrkevio

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:31:11 AM

Most websites do not require (not even optional) your identification, in order to protect your anonymous identity which is the best feature Bitcoin offers. I always look for anonymous identity accounts, even when it comes to Dollars. So when I looked for Forex trading websites that are anonymous, I had to switch to Bitcoin. Trading ones are the only websites I found that require identification.

tee-rex

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:38:26 AM

Most websites do not require (not even optional) your identification, in order to protect your anonymous identity which is the best feature Bitcoin offers. I always look for anonymous identity accounts, even when it comes to Dollars. So when I looked for Forex trading websites that are anonymous, I had to switch to Bitcoin. Trading ones are the only websites I found that require identification.

To be honest, I don't think that these sites don't require you to disclose your identity just because they care so much about protecting your anonymity. In my opinion, most of them are likely shady businesses themselves, and to attract more clients they don't require you to provide your personal details. The fact that there is not even such an option at all may speak a lot in favor of this assumption.
lol3c

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:49:38 PM

Bitcoin is anonymous so basically you do not need to provide any ID or paper in order to send a payment. That's why Bitcoin is used by many hackers and people who do not want to be recognized on the internet. You can look at deepweb and see: there are thousand of websites accept Bitcoin
jaceefrost

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:55:58 PM

Bitcoin is anonymous so basically you do not need to provide any ID or paper in order to send a payment. That's why Bitcoin is used by many hackers and people who do not want to be recognized on the internet. You can look at deepweb and see: there are thousand of websites accept Bitcoin
It's not. Using bitcoin as a payment processor can still reveal who sent it and to whom you are going to sent it to. The transaction is traceable so it is not anonymous. There are certain ways you can make it untraceable and it has been diacussed here already plenty of times. Better check your facts first.
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 03:58:41 PM

The said is only applicable to desktop wallets. If you are using a web wallet and use a new addy each time you receive a payment, all your addresses are still linked to your wallet inside the web wallet service and can be seen by the service operator. In my view, the desktop wallets are also vulnerable to a degree because all your Bitcoin addresses are linked to your IP address even if it is dynamic. Your Internet provider just like a web wallet operator may easily link all these addresses back to you.

You can use Tor Browser to mask your IP, in fact everyone should be doing so when dealing with bitcoin to protect yourself, you never know. Most people here use Tor to get through firewalls since most people usually post from work at the office or wherever they are working at.

Btw, if you are using blockchain.info, they have a .onion address that you can use to stay anonymous (you need Tor Browser to open the .onion addresses)

But I think the top option is still Bitcoin Core with Tor opened at the same time. Try to avoid web wallets as much as possible.
tee-rex

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 04:02:20 PM

It's not. Using bitcoin as a payment processor can still reveal who sent it and to whom you are going to sent it to. The transaction is traceable so it is not anonymous. There are certain ways you can make it untraceable and it has been diacussed here already plenty of times. Better check your facts first.

In my opinion, the correct way to put it is to say that Bitcoin is only pseudoanonymous. It doesn't mean that it is only half anonymous, or some bitcoins are anonymous and others are not, or some are anonymous than others, though it could be said so in certain cases. Pseudoanonymous in regard to Bitcoin means that for you and me any transaction that we don't make ourselves will certainly remain highly anonymous. On the flipside though, the same transaction can be easily traced by intelligence and police agencies. That seems to be the main reason why Bitcoin is considered as only a pseudoanonymous coin.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: