Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:14:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: how to explain what it bitcoin to a beginner?  (Read 6180 times)
Tuyul Gupies (OP)

Activity: 293
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 10:35:25 AM

I know the new bitcoin about a year ago it was also the result of browsing in the google and search for info from the internet. Now that a lot of my friends who are interested in bitcoin because I've never buy credits and other needs without pay with cash, they ask what it is bitcoin? And how to obtain them?

I explained my best, but maybe they thought it was complicated, so they will not be going into bitcoin.

I want to know how to explain about bitcoin's simple, so ordinary people easily understand and be interested?
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 10:49:37 AM

I know the new bitcoin about a year ago it was also the result of browsing in the google and search for info from the internet. Now that a lot of my friends who are interested in bitcoin because I've never buy credits and other needs without pay with cash, they ask what it is bitcoin? And how to obtain them?

I explained my best, but maybe they thought it was complicated, so they will not be going into bitcoin.

I want to know how to explain about bitcoin's simple, so ordinary people easily understand and be interested?
For me just told them how we use Bitcoin.And just show them the price graph of Bitcoin.Just simple but I used this to my friend and he now using Bitcoin.
AUDREY23

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 11:06:09 AM

For me just told them how we use Bitcoin.And just show them the price graph of Bitcoin.Just simple but I used this to my friend and he now using Bitcoin.

when I tell you important things first, bitcoin uses in everyday life squad and examples, continue to let me know how to get bitcoin the way of what?
all done with practice immediately let him know
less like it
coynedterm

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 11:22:50 AM

You need to explain him with parallel to the system of your online banking money .
But at the end you need to tell the benefits of bitcoin over fiat .
Thus everyone will take interest to understand about this in better manner .

▄▄█████▄▄
         ▄▄███████████▄▄
      ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
   ▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▀██▀       ▀▀████████
███████  ▄████  ███████▄  ███████
███████ █████  ██████████ ███████
███████ ██████████  █████ ███████
███████  ▀███████  ███▀   ███████
████████▄▄        ██   ▄▄████████
 ▀█████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
         ▀▀███████████▀▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

.THRIVING CRYPTOCURRENCY..
.MARKET WITH CRYPTOBONDS..

▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

INITIAL COIN OFFERING
SEPTEMBER 30

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
██████
         ▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀███████▄
  █████ ███████ █▄▀███████
 ██████ ███████ ███▄▀██████
▐██████ ███████▄▄▄▄▄▄ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
▐██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████▌
 ██████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ █████
  █████ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█ ████
   ▀███▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄██▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀

...READ THE....
.WHITEPAPER.

▄▄████████▄▄
     ▄████████████████▄
   ▄████████████████████▄
  ███████████████▀▀  █████
 ████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
 ████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
  ████████████████▄▄██████
   ▀████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
        ▀▀████████▀▀
TWITTER
FACEBOOK
MEDIUM
REDDIT
GITHUB
SLACK
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2898
Merit: 773

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 04:39:10 PM

For me the best way is to show them a video about bitcoin and choose the best video that really describes and explains about bitcoin precisely because on this method they could easily understand compared on explaining it to them by yourself.Video would really help a lot regarding on this matter and its good to hear that your friends decide to engage on bitcoin because they saw regarding its uses.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
virusasog

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 05:15:13 PM

For me the best way is to show them a video about bitcoin and choose the best video that really describes and explains about bitcoin precisely because on this method they could easily understand compared on explaining it to them by yourself.Video would really help a lot regarding on this matter and its good to hear that your friends decide to engage on bitcoin because they saw regarding its uses.

Yup agree video would be nice choice learn about bitcoin. Especially bitcoin documentary videos the best one and  then coindesk and reddit would be so helpful learn more about bitcoin.
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 05:43:11 PM

I have learned a lesson about 'not going too much into detail' because it confuses people and the ongoing discussion was too complicated ... just describe the basic idea ( decentralized ) and tell them it's evolution ... compare it to emails vs regular mail (20 years ago only few were using email and watch it now ).

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 11:00:19 AM

The best way I've personally found to get people involved is to let them have a few cents to test moving around on the blockchain.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
pinoycash

Activity: 1316
Merit: 514

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 11:04:29 AM

when i was introduce to BTC way back 2014, i was showed first how to earn BTC freely with a small effort and easy task. that is thru faucet, until now i introduce people thru BTC by showing them earning opportunity thru faucets, its small amount but they can easily get hold some coins to know how it works,

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 02:57:17 PM

The success of an explanation depends on the arguments you provide when questions are asked afterwards.

Easy
Person to Person: Send Bitcoin from your computer, tablet, smart phone or other device, to anyone, anywhere in the world, day and night.

Secure
Strong cryptography: Bitcoin verifies transactions with the same state-of-the-art encryption that is used in banking, military and government applications.

Open
Fully decentralized: Bitcoin is open-source. Nobody owns it; the most popular client is maintained by a community of open-source developers.

Fair
Minimal Fees: Using the Bitcoin network is free, except for a voluntary fee you can use to speed up transaction processing.

Taken from weusecoins.com
GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 04:43:09 PM

The success of an explanation depends on the arguments you provide when questions are asked afterwards.

Easy
Person to Person: Send Bitcoin from your computer, tablet, smart phone or other device, to anyone, anywhere in the world, day and night.

Secure
Strong cryptography: Bitcoin verifies transactions with the same state-of-the-art encryption that is used in banking, military and government applications.

Open
Fully decentralized: Bitcoin is open-source. Nobody owns it; the most popular client is maintained by a community of open-source developers.

Fair
Minimal Fees: Using the Bitcoin network is free, except for a voluntary fee you can use to speed up transaction processing.

Taken from weusecoins.com
Well put!
ZrCoin

Activity: 770

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 05:04:59 PM
Last edit: January 02, 2017, 05:21:54 PM by ZrCoin

When I tell to friends what bitcoin is I always say briefly, it's better to show some videos from youtube or coindesk.

Smb has already posted for example this video.
It's good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bhe61JaNFLU

⬢▬⬢▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ZrCoin   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬⬢▬⬢
█ WORLD'S  FIRST  COMMODITY-BACKED  BLOCKCHAIN  OPTION █
Roselop

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 05:13:03 PM

I just say in the simple way bitcoin is like as traditional currency(usd, euro,,). we can only see it but not to take it in our hands.
bitcoin is very easy and safer than traditional currency. that's it.
mrbigmugs

Activity: 247

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:51:19 PM

to me i think it will be more good if you give him some live examples from your daily life. for example if you know about a person in your society and he is making good money from bitcoin or he received good services from bitcoin then you can mention him his success because of bitcoin.

sportis

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

Veni, Vidi, Vici

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 04:09:48 PM

It is difficult and depends on whom you're trying to explain. You should each time to take into account the age, educational level and willingness to learn. The most difficult "students" are people have passed middle-age with low educational level but they don't wish to devote for learning more than the minimum time. These people will be forced to learn only if all the others around them are using bitcoins
virusasog

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 04:58:44 PM

I just say in the simple way bitcoin is like as traditional currency(usd, euro,,). we can only see it but not to take it in our hands.
bitcoin is very easy and safer than traditional currency. that's it.

However you could able to use it like fiat until government make bitcoin as the centralized money. Bitcoin is upgraded version of money and i think upcoming generation will use Bitcoin only. Hopefully USA might be first country to have bitcoin as their national currency.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 06:23:01 PM

It is not just an one hour nor one day process. You must dedicate some long hours for some course of days to make new people to understand and to get attracted toward bitcoin ecosystem.

From my experience, like how I was introduced into bitcoins may help you to find a way : I was first introduced into bitcoin faucets from that I started using it similar to PTC sites. Then I learned about bitcoin wallets. Yes it is a slow progress and we need to follow them regularly for a good progress.
Indijanos

Activity: 148

View Profile
January 04, 2017, 08:19:38 PM

You need to keep it simple, when I first started reading about bitcoin, all I saw was some numbers, letters like SHA, ASIC, NODES, MINING,etc... and I've had no idea what is that... so you might try avoinding all those fancy terms and just keep it simple as you can and focus on ways of making btc, transactions, how easy it is to keep them and also the price of bitcoin, that caught my eye for the first time. Cheesy

Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:27:02 AM

Easiest and most reliable solution? Give them 1$ worth of bitcoins. They will download wallet, you will send them 1$ and they will send it somewhere.
Learn by practice. Instantly 30-50% all questions answered in minutes.
GMPoison

Activity: 434

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 12:39:11 AM

Easiest and most reliable solution? Give them 1$ worth of bitcoins. They will download wallet, you will send them 1$ and they will send it somewhere.
Learn by practice. Instantly 30-50% all questions answered in minutes.

Very easily implemented if you and the person you're trying to teach both have smartphones as well!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: