Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:02:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple releases 333 million more Tokens  (Read 16872 times)
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 01:17:14 PM

I recall asking one of Ripple's representatives a while ago at a conference about who stored their private keys, and how well were they protected, given their pre-mine and their centralized nature of control over so many XRPs. Basically, if those keys ever got out, it would be a disaster. He did not have an answer.
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 02:44:21 PM

This guy is pumping the scam hard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXNqovfloCQ
Bigzilla

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:07:15 PM

This guy is pumping the scam hard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXNqovfloCQ

what scam?
bitcointarget

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:12:03 PM

Ripple scam, have you ever heard about it? That garbage has around 12 billions of dollars market cap! This is only crazy, nothing more.

When this scam was popped, lots of people will be angry. Trust me.
Bigzilla

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:16:23 PM

Ripple scam, have you ever heard about it? That garbage has around 12 billions of dollars market cap! This is only crazy, nothing more.

The #2 is supposed to be a scam? Nice try. Did you miss the train?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 05:48:27 PM

I recall asking one of Ripple's representatives a while ago at a conference about who stored their private keys, and how well were they protected, given their pre-mine and their centralized nature of control over so many XRPs. Basically, if those keys ever got out, it would be a disaster. He did not have an answer.

You probably gave him ideas hahhaha
Watch.. one of these days they will roll out "News" saying WE BEEN HAXED !!11ONE
But all of you would already know because there would already be mass dumping on idiot profiteers.

And look around how often does that shit get pulled ?
Name an exchange or coin and it's been exploited.. hell this forum has been multiple times.
GOX ? Ethereum ? Cryptsy ? JackpotCoin ? NXT ? BTER ? POLO ? Mining Pools ?
This idiotic bullshit is far less secure that people think or..
The more likely answer.. the greedy idiots running this crap simply like stealing the money and running.

If you don't have the private keys they say what now ?
And what does Ripple say about that ?
Nothing..

FUD first & ask questions later™
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 06:40:10 PM

Nope, I don't ride on scam trains. I also won't miss the newbie Ripple shills like you when the bubble pops and you go silent.
tristan1960

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 06:49:37 PM

Do you consider scam coins as trains? Pitty you...
SoMuchDerp

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:37:52 PM

I had an acquaintance contact me to discuss cryptocurrency. He is new to the scene. I have decided that if he makes it clear he is of the mindset of "I don't care if it is a scam or will hurt crypto, I just want the ROIZ" I will summarily punch him in the face and advise he stay the fuck away. These guys are a cancer.
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:41:23 PM

This just came out today: "Ripple to Place 55 Billion XRP in Escrow to Ensure Certainty Into Total XRP Supply"

https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-to-place-55-billion-xrp-in-escrow-to-ensure-certainty-into-total-xrp-supply/

Thoughts?
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:51:30 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2017, 11:43:14 PM by mmortal03

There is so much bullshit in this statement, especially when compared to what the Ripple CEO has said publicly in interviews:

"XRP is the only digital asset with a clear use case – it’s the best digital asset for payments. While bitcoin has virtually reached its limit to process transactions (and continues to decline in market share), XRP is faster, more efficient and more scalable. Designed for enterprise use, XRP can be used by financial institutions for on-demand liquidity for cross-border payments. Payment providers and banks using XRP will gain greater access to emerging markets and much lower settlement costs, and this is why we remain committed to increasing XRP liquidity and continued decentralization of its ledger."
irlandescoin

Activity: 567
Merit: 502

Hey yo let's go

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 09:49:53 PM

let see where the story ends.

back here after the boom in 2013
gentil

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:33:16 AM

Hahah these suckers buying Ripple. Really?

Any idiot can see all the news stories from 'new sources' you're reading are paid for adverts from the Ripple PR team. Coindesk etc. All paid for propaganda bullshit.

Wouldnt surprise me if the Fed was using some of their QE money to pump it too and try and crash crypto markets.

Biggest dump of all time coming.............

Live by the sword, die by the sword
FredCailloux

Activity: 49
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 02:39:53 AM

This is nothing less than shocking. People never learn! I was drawn to take a look at Ripples after seing today's performance on CoinMarkietCap. XRP are coming out of the sea like a shark chasing flying food. What's happening to all those people who bought into this volatile futile currency ? Has anyone ever studied the american dollar or any other fiat currencies ? Isn't those people understood already that fiat currency is anything but viable? I am amazed! 
What gives value to a currency is it's scarcity. If Ripple releases so many units regularly the only people gaining in such a scam are the initial investors who knew since the beginning what they were up to. This an oversimplified picture but still is the reality. Get your money out now people. This is going to fall down just like the U$ dollar is about to do pretty soon.
Serena Yin

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 03:15:48 AM

Why do people like a coin that can just randomly put 333 million coins into circulation, raising the market cap substantially?
Crazy
Acchain is China's block chain project called the asset chain, it is completely open source assets of the digital platform and tools to let the world's assets flow up to barter.You can go to the official chain of the asset chain to see more information.https://www.acchain.org/en/index.html
Insanerman

Activity: 1162
Merit: 450

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:20:48 AM

I am also trading XRP but when I know that they add another 333 million Tokens, I halt and thinking what will happen next. I am very caustios now because I do not want ending as a bag-holder. Still. I am trading but on small amount and on short trade.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:43:46 AM

Hahah these suckers buying Ripple. Really?

Any idiot can see all the news stories from 'new sources' you're reading are paid for adverts from the Ripple PR team. Coindesk etc. All paid for propaganda bullshit.

Wouldnt surprise me if the Fed was using some of their QE money to pump it too and try and crash crypto markets.

Biggest dump of all time coming.............

The thought crossed my mind last month that we could be seeing the co-opting of crypto through manipulation in XRP being used in an attempt to kill adoption/ harm decentralized cryptocurrencies by pumping XRP, crashing it and then using the BTC proceeds to crash the Bitcoin market. Double whammy. Then I thought, nah that is nuts. Now.... not so sure.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:52:34 AM

Why do people like a coin that can just randomly put 333 million coins into circulation, raising the market cap substantially?
Crazy
currently I sow their market capitalization increased and many traders are buying into this pump and dump ripple plan. The coins has just got another 30% price increases and many people are investment heavily. The way  thing are going ripple may touch $1 before the end of this month.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 03:55:21 AM

I had an acquaintance contact me to discuss cryptocurrency. He is new to the scene. I have decided that if he makes it clear he is of the mindset of "I don't care if it is a scam or will hurt crypto, I just want the ROIZ" I will summarily punch him in the face and advise he stay the fuck away. These guys are a cancer.

Funny you said that.
During late 2013 i had family members ask me about crypto.
For example my brother was interested and i gave him the run down then i quickly set him up a wallet and showed him how to backup the .dat file to a USB drive and then transferred to him a hair under a grand worth of BTC.
(I kinda owed him for some favors he had done for me helping me move + DMG deposit on rental etc before)
So i was more than happy to hand it over to him plus i had plenty to spare.
So..
His response when talking about trading etc was.. who cares fuck Bitcoin i just want money (profit)
At that point i was pretty much done.
I was disgusted by this attitude and disappointed.
He did not share my interest in it like the way i did.
In hind sight i kinda don't blame him though.. it's nerdy bullshit really.
But i never did talk about Bitcoin / crypto stuff with him ever again.. no idea if he has his BTC still.
Actually i should ask him and tell him he's got close to $2,000 now LOL

But that mentality permeates crypto.
And it's only gotten worse in time.
That is who is surrounding Ripple or any of these coins these days.
Real honest to god supporters are few and far between.

Sorry crypto guys but i have 0 respect for 90% of you.
You shouldn't be here.
You bring nothing to the table.
All you do is show up and suck cash / money / fiat profits out of the system.
You contribute next to nothing.

FUD first & ask questions later™
smartbitcoininvestor

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:36:29 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2017, 06:48:34 AM by smartbitcoininvestor

The XRP bubble will burst at some point. The real question is when...

What really bugs me is that cryptocurrency is supposed to be decentralized, yet here we are with Ripple (XRP) at #2 on the crypto market cap. These guys have a freaking company page that lists all of their investors and "advisors" (https://ripple.com/company/). What other crypto has that? This is a corporation working with the Central Banks. There's no way this shit won't get regulated (of course....who knows, we did have Fiat for 700 years and counting). Smells like one giant smelly dump to me.

How many pumps will the Ripple coin get, til the fun comes crashing down?  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: