Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:29:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple releases 333 million more Tokens  (Read 16872 times)
Subtuppel

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:49:43 AM

The XRP bubble will burst at some point. The real question is when...

How many pumps will the Ripple coin get, til the fun comes crashing down?  Grin

Yes, the market cap is crazy, the half of bitcoin.

madcow1713

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 01:18:17 PM

If the technology is sound, useful, and has been implemented well by those that do care, then it should be strong enough to withstand the addition of those only worried about ROIZ. BTC most definitely seems to be. The traditional markets are. I'm not saying you have to assist anyone like this, by any means, but be aware that there will be many many investors around you thinking/acting like this.
gluedog

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2017, 02:01:10 PM

XRP is an extremely volatile coin. Basically can go shit itself at any moment.

I am sure that after the Japanese Bank news it will dump. Hard.

Billionaire Token - Are you burning to play?
ulhaq

Activity: 503
Merit: 286

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 05:07:31 PM

I trust the ppl on this forum more than the market cap of XRP.
douglock

Activity: 300

View Profile
May 17, 2017, 06:43:09 PM

It is good to know that. I hope that xrp will continue to grow no matter what. There are some accusations against XRP but I still support it. They are really good project
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:11:15 PM

It is good to know that. I hope that xrp will continue to grow no matter what. There are some accusations against XRP but I still support it. They are really good project

Please tell us how it is a good project. Since Ripple doesn't have censorship resistance, what does Ripple offer that a PayPal or a Venmo doesn't, other than a purely speculative token that floats in value for no reason other than to be pumped and dumped?

Like I said before, it seems that Ripple wants to have it both ways; to have the hype of a cryptocurrency, but without the supposed "bad" image that comes with the censorship resistant and regulatory arbitraging properties that actually underlie Bitcoin's success. They want to somehow appeal to the banks or even governments, but the banks or governments likely don't want to deal with such a company run system that already controls the tokens for themselves, they will likely want to build their own system, one without the baggage or costs of Ripple.

Given this, is there really a practical, long term trajectory for success for Ripple, wherein they will actually provide a sustained efficiency to customers that cannot be better solved by other means? I don't think so.
concept2

Activity: 750
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:26:19 PM

I do not know why there are many coins but the prices keep going up. I believe that it is just a bubble and soon it will explode, the price will drop and lot of people will lose their money and they will regret not listen to other people's wawrning
dwgscale11 (OP)

Activity: 335

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 05:40:25 PM

Why do people like a coin that can just randomly put 333 million coins into circulation, raising the market cap substantially?
Crazy

Take profits, buy LTC. It's happening...
https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/6bxl8p/max_keiser_retweeted_about_litecoin_megabull/
ulhaq

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:17:28 PM

Supposedly the circulation of XRP is capped at 100 billion which are premined, and the recent releases of XRP are coming out of this premine. But is it possible that ripple labs can increase the circulation in the future if they want to?
XbladeX
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:35:07 PM

they want dump some coins on market that is case, they want capitalize profits right now and be rich this is DUMP time so guys take profit and run away.

Request / 26th September / 2022 APP-06-22-4587
SwagGirl

Activity: 104
Merit: 100

GetClams.com

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 10:39:50 PM

They did this before. I ant believe the price still keeps goin up. But check this out:

http://www.coindesk.com/ripple-pledges-lock-14-billion-xrp-cryptocurrency/
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:54:38 PM

Supposedly the circulation of XRP is capped at 100 billion which are premined, and the recent releases of XRP are coming out of this premine. But is it possible that ripple labs can increase the circulation in the future if they want to?

Given that it's centralized, there's no mining going on, and there isn't any other voting mechanism built in for the public to stop them from doing it, I can't imagine that they can't just change the code to create more.
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 11:56:03 PM

They did this before. I ant believe the price still keeps goin up. But check this out:

The fact that they can arbitrarily lock XRP, even if it limits the circulating supply, is just as concerning as if they could add more, because it means they have central control over a very large percentage of the circulating supply.
emezh10

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:10:45 AM

I guess i would buy a coins that have a great potential in the price to go up low price coinsband really worth of buying in the markrt im not a good trader but in my experience low value coins are always going to go up so i always buy low price coin with a high volume.
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 12:44:40 AM

I guess i would buy a coins that have a great potential in the price to go up low price coinsband really worth of buying in the markrt im not a good trader but in my experience low value coins are always going to go up so i always buy low price coin with a high volume.

How do you define low price? You know that Bitcoin is divisible out to eight decimal places, right?
SwagGirl

Activity: 104
Merit: 100

GetClams.com

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 05:48:49 PM

The fact that they can arbitrarily lock XRP, even if it limits the circulating supply, is just as concerning as if they could add more, because it means they have central control over a very large percentage of the circulating supply.

Doesn't seem right.  And the market doesn't know any better?  The banking partners are putting a lot of trust into a risky situation.
Kazkar

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 20, 2017, 07:42:52 PM

Yesterday on polo, I could not remove, put a warrant. 15 minutes in vain. Sold coins in plus, but for a coin offensively.  Embarrassed Embarrassed
ulhaq

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 07:17:09 AM

Doesn't seem right.  And the market doesn't know any better?  The banking partners are putting a lot of trust into a risky situation.

How bizarre can this get? They hold 2/3 of the currency, which they are locking up in smart contracts to be released to themselves on a scheduled basis, to be used for whatever purpose they want. I don't think the market knows this yet. We have unbridled speculative investing. The price should come down to reality at some point.
styca

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 10:29:22 AM

to be released to themselves on a scheduled basis, to be used for whatever purpose they want.

They want to increase adoption and increase liquidity. I might be wrong, but I thought the monthly releases would generally be sold cheap to targetted investors to further these aims.

My only real concern about XRP investment is the extent to which banks might just use the RCL and bypass XRP, making Ripple a wild success and XRP worthless. There have been arguments that XRP will certainly be used because of additional savings - but much of this links back to a single article, which is hardly conclusive proof. Having said that, I'm not convinced at all by the opposing argument that each bank will use the Ripple ledger but each develop their own tokens. That seems counterintuitive.

As with much else, it's all guesswork. But what I think is undeniable is that Ripple are very organised, very professional, and know exactly what they're doing.
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2017, 11:54:01 AM

As with much else, it's all guesswork. But what I think is undeniable is that Ripple are very organised, very professional, and know exactly what they're doing.

If they were managing the supply to do something like maintain a stable price, like a central bank does, that would be one thing, even though it would make more sense in that case to just use USD itself over Venmo or what have you. Without censorship resistance or stable value, and with a company owning a huge proportion of it, the XRP token makes zero sense other than to be pumped to make them rich.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: