Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:52:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash Price and Trade Discussion Thread [UNMODERATED]  (Read 9174 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:59:58 PM

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/dash/#markets

https://poloniex.com/exchange#XMR_DASH

Well guys, you may have paid a somewhat premium price to get into Dash ($13.04), but you made it !
Welcome to Dash and enjoy the ride  Grin

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gusterdd

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 10:37:41 AM

Current Dash volume is large.
Some price event would occur to Dash.
But current price is too high. Then..    drop?      jump again?

volume : 4,000,000 usd

Interest : Mining Rig, Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero, Dash, Bitshare
coinling

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:31:44 PM

Seems like the volume was a lot of fake:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/5oe3r6/xbtce_blatantly_volumizing/

Coinmarket just removed the xBTCe volume.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:28:45 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/5oe3r6/xbtce_blatantly_volumizing/

Actually coinmarket removed all volume of exchanges that have "no trading fees / other"

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets

Removing exchanges like Huobi, BTCC and OKCoin in the process. Thats just crazy if you ask me.
Personally i think Coinmarketcap went overboard with this.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
coinling

Activity: 431
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:30:52 PM

Actually coinmarket removed all exchanges that have "no trading fees / other"

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets

Removing exchanges like Huobi, BTCC and OKCoin in the process. Thats just crazy if you ask me.
Personally i think Coinmarketcap went overboard with this.

Thats old news. Chinese exchanges have never been under the "real" volume on coinmarketcap.

BUt xBTCe has just been removed today. And it seems like on this site is some suspicious action.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:45:22 PM

Thats old news. Chinese exchanges have never been under the "real" volume on coinmarketcap.

BUt xBTCe has just been removed today. And it seems like on this site is some suspicious action.

Well, that is new to me and it does make coinmarketcap more unreliable in my eyes if such large exchanges like Huobi, BTCC and OKCoin
get totally ignored with regards to volume. It makes it much more difficult to keep track on whats going on in China (where 85% of the Bitcoin trade occurs).

With regards to xBTCe, it is not just Dash that gets hit by this .. it also impacts all these markets as well in xBTCe, as they are all getting excluded now with their volume :

http://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/xbtce/

It is an interesting development nonetheless.

iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2017, 09:54:40 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2017, 07:00:38 PM by iCEBREAKER

LOL stupid DashHoles.  We tried to warn them it was (obviously, unless you drink Evan's Kool-Aid) fake volume; they refused to listen and called us trolls.   Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
gusterdd

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 03:50:25 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2017, 05:42:13 AM by gusterdd

LOL stupid DashHoles.  We tried to warn them it was (obviously, unless you drink Evan's Kool-Aid) fake volume; they refused to listen and called up trolls.   Grin

Dash volume is 1,500,000 USD
This is normal level.
4,000,000 USD was xBTCe fake contribution.  
Monero power up to 30$,3rd markek capitalization again and pull dash under LTC...  
Wake up Monero again.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:09:39 AM

And the rise continues ...

4H Time Interval

1W Time Interval

Dont you all just love it, i know i do Grin

gusterdd

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 05:50:07 AM

4H Time Interval

1W Time Interval

Monero,Dash order
similar pattern
Dash show strong trend.
check point  : only 0.018~0.019btc  and 0.026~0.028btc
                  : after this price, run away pattern

jackshephard

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 08:44:25 PM

4H Time Interval

1W Time Interval

Monero,Dash order
similar pattern
Dash show strong trend.
check point  : only 0.018~0.019btc  and 0.026~0.028btc

it's still rising though? Guess these include those selling at extremely high prices?

Anyway that graph doesn't look good or sustainable, but otherwise DASH seems to be doing rather good on value these past few days.
gusterdd

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:59:58 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2017, 02:18:48 AM by gusterdd

4H Time Interval

1W Time Interval

Monero,Dash order
similar pattern
Dash show strong trend.
check point  : only 0.018~0.019btc  and 0.026~0.028btc

it's still rising though? Guess these include those selling at extremely high prices?

Anyway that graph doesn't look good or sustainable, but otherwise DASH seems to be doing rather good on value these past few days.

Demand, Supply part include extremely low,high prices.
I suggested a method to weight that value, but newbium developer didn't adjust extreme prices.
But extreme order don't change for long time.

OrangeP

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 02:17:37 AM

4H Time Interval

1W Time Interval

Monero,Dash order
similar pattern
Dash show strong trend.
check point  : only 0.018~0.019btc  and 0.026~0.028btc

Beautiful chart. Yet it doesn't mean shit Sad.
There is no pattern that predicts price movement given the order book data.

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves
gusterdd

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 01:41:57 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2017, 07:03:42 AM by gusterdd

so thats great if your stash worth 10x or more from initial investment. however   your investment today would worth 50% more if you bought  Dash when the price was at par with monero.

i guess monero competition is not against the fiat money Huh

heh... so monero is set to destroy other crypto at any cost ? because... "currency competition point of view"  Shocked

Some of my Moneros are worth more than 10 x from the initial purchase price, some significiantly less... I actually have bought some coins at 0.018-0.02 level as well. Not too many though.
Overall, the profit is hundreds of percents (average purchase price is sub 0.003).
That being said, bear in mind I do not own that many Moneros as some might think, my position is relatively small - I should have gone all-in Monero around 1 year ago, and prefertably leverage myself from toe to the teeth but that is just after math.

Monero competition is not against fiat - I agree. It is against Dark coin. Bitcoin is combatting against fiat money and it has done pretty good job recently. However, I am a bit against too trollish approach to Dark coin community because I bet no determined Dark bagholder will buy into Monero thanks to trolling... I might be wrong though. The correct approach would be perhaps more intelligent...?

Monero competition is not against fiat - I agree. It is against Dark coin. Bitcoin is combatting against fiat money and it has done pretty good job recently.

Monero has technical advantage comparing other coin.
Monero : competition to bitcoin and anonymous coins.

Dash is combatting with bitcoin and fiat money.
Monero and Dash is targeting other area now. Monero succeed in his aim.
Dark bagholder will buy more Monero,  If  monero technologiest make gentle troll.

He is keeping bumping dash, it is good side, he doesn't need to work because he got wealth from monero, i hope he will blow his monero money in one day, so he will not troll dash any more.
he doesn't need to work because he got wealth from monero, i hope he will blow his monero money in one day,
 <== My hope,___ this would be fact, because Monero big Pumpping.

thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 09:06:22 AM

The competition between Dash and Monero has been going for some time and I believe it is good for the space and development of each projects. For me it all depends on the tech and marketing side of each project, if they can find a balance and  any of this team is able to develop a suitable scaling solution for their project it will be great
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 12:07:10 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2017, 01:00:55 PM by qwizzie

The competition between Dash and Monero has been going for some time and I believe it is good for the space and development of each projects. For me it all depends on the tech and marketing side of each project, if they can find a balance and  any of this team is able to develop a suitable scaling solution for their project it will be great

For Dash the scaling solution has been the implementation of its second tier network some time ago, which is approaching maturity now :

First Tier : Proof of Work --> Miners
Second Tier : Proof of Service --> Masternodes

The second tier can be forced to have hardware upgrades if the network demands that. Say for example the masternodes need a better minimal cpu or more ram or more diskspace to handle
increased usage, they can be forced to comply.

With Dash Evolution (scheduled for end 2017), there will be a further scaling solution for Dash which makes it possible to handle large amounts of transactions per second.
It will introduce a third tier in the form of end-users that get connected to the Dash network through DAPI (decentralized api)

Note : there could be changes in above picture (which was used as a teaser to introduce Dash Evolution), as i remember zero-fee transactions could cause certain problems, so there could be a switch to
using small fees to cope with that.

iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2017, 12:42:16 AM

The competition between Dash and Monero has been going for some time and I believe it is good for the space and development of each projects. For me it all depends on the tech and marketing side of each project, if they can find a balance and  any of this team is able to develop a suitable scaling solution for their project it will be great

Many months ago, the Dash Masternode network 'blockchain democracy' voted to increase the max blocksize to 2MB, yet that change hasn't been made.

Doesn't that show Dash's governance model is ineffective at best and a fraud at worst?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2017, 11:53:56 AM
Last edit: January 22, 2017, 12:32:26 PM by qwizzie

Many months ago, the Dash Masternode network 'blockchain democracy' voted to increase the max blocksize to 2MB, yet that change hasn't been made.

Doesn't that show Dash's governance model is ineffective at best and a fraud at worst?

This all seems to be going a bit off-topic, but then again i dont mind answerring questions about Dash governance system.

The budget proposal in question was used as a polling system, to see if the masternodes would support it or not (an overwhelming majority did support it).
More about this polling proposal can be read here :

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-birthday-trademark-resolution-blocksize-limitation.7696/
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/2mb-blocksize

Most people complaining about this polling proposal not been implemented yet, seem to have overread the following :

If approved, a proper development, testing and deployment process would start before it reaches production. Let’s give Dash room to grow.

Currently Dash has two development groups, one group is working on the Dash v12.1 update (a very large update which is currently in its final stage and should hit Mainnet in feb 2017)
and another group of devs have been busy with outlining and coding Dash Evolution (which is currently in its first stage and should hit Dash Testnet in a few months).

As no specific date for implementation of the 2MB increase was ever set and the Dash devs have been focussing on update v12.1 and Dash Evolution, it is reasonable to believe it will
be implemented after update v12.1 and maybe even after Dash Evolution as there is currently no technical need for it.
Dash 1MB blocks are currently rarely full --> http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html *block/trx info), but there could be a technical need for it after Dash Evolution.

iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2017, 09:58:34 PM

This all seems to be going a bit off-topic, but then again i dont mind answerring questions about Dash governance system.

The budget proposal in question was used as a polling system, to see if the masternodes would support it or not (an overwhelming majority did support it).
More about this polling proposal can be read here :

https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-birthday-trademark-resolution-blocksize-limitation.7696/
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/2mb-blocksize

Most people complaining about this polling proposal not been implemented yet, seem to have overread the following :

If approved, a proper development, testing and deployment process would start before it reaches production. Let’s give Dash room to grow.

Currently Dash has two development groups, one group is working on the Dash v12.1 update (a very large update which is currently in its final stage and should hit Mainnet in feb 2017)
and another group of devs have been busy with outlining and coding Dash Evolution (which is currently in its first stage and should hit Dash Testnet in a few months).

As no specific date for implementation of the 2MB increase was ever set and the Dash devs have been focussing on update v12.1 and Dash Evolution, it is reasonable to believe it will
be implemented after update v12.1 and maybe even after Dash Evolution as there is currently no technical need for it.
Dash 1MB blocks are currently rarely full --> http://178.254.23.111/~pub/Dash/Dash_Info.html *block/trx info), but there could be a technical need for it after Dash Evolution.

OK, thanks for the long-winded hand-waving Duffsplanation of why even an overwhelming vote is considered non-binding community guidance and easily ignored.

Since you strangely don't seem to see any fraud in all this distributed governance theater, I'll put you down for the first option, "Dash's governance model is ineffective."

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
gusterdd

View Profile
January 24, 2017, 06:12:39 AM
Last edit: January 24, 2017, 09:50:51 AM by gusterdd

Dash price is ATH
But No serious dumpping.

Dash could be 5~10% market capitalization of BTC.
The value is 741,000,000USD ~ 1,483,000,000USD
Current market cap is 103,000,000 USD.
So Dash cap may be multiplied by 7.2 ~ 14
Price is 108~200usd.

Dash show strong trend.
check point  : only 0.018~0.019btc  and 0.026~0.028btc

But if you are long time holder, dump now at ATH.
Today  decreased about 50 masternodes(4365 ->4315). (wise act !!)

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: