Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:17:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best GPU vs Price  (Read 762 times)
Skingoat (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:03:09 PM

whats your thaughts? been trying to do research to possibly start a monero rig or 2 or 10 lol Tongue i have mined on and off but i was more of a cloud miner back in the day, now i want to set up my own rig, from what i can figure out i R9 390 seems to be what im looking at, but still, wich one to get? i see xfx radeon msi, cant find a good comparaison list for xmr, id also go for less hashrate for price (i got free electricity) so im wondering what your thaughts are! (thanks in advance and excuse my english as it is not my first language:))
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 08:04:21 AM

Why you're making multiple post with same question.
If you cannot use the google, then forget about whole mining.
And do you know why you didn't found any comparison, because you wasn't looking for that,
you just waiting till someone will do that for you, that's why you didn't find anything.
Another lazy ass. And your electricity isn't free, you're just a thief and you're rant with that.
That's my thoughts...

This is my signature...
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 10:55:34 AM

And do you know why you didn't found any comparison, because you wasn't looking for that,
you just waiting till someone will do that for you, that's why you didn't find anything.
Another lazy ass. And your electricity isn't free, you're just a thief and you're rant with that.
That's my thoughts...

agreed x10.

Plus the question lacks certain data, such as what is your primary goal overall?  do you consider resale? if so what target audience?  do you consider using the equipment for things other than mining?

Most of these questions in themselves will lead you to what brand you wish, or to specific questions about specific mining aspects to do with one or the other.

Research is key.  I know its a lot to read and do, but just starting somewhere as simple as the beginning of claymore's ETH miner thread and reading it all;  will teach you mountains upon mountains about mining specifically ETH.

Hopefully you take this to heart, and understand I am trying to give as serious of a reply without trying to come off as rude; because a part of me wants to be rude for the aforementioned reason(s).

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
Ambros

Activity: 653
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:11:48 AM

I completely agree with people that answered before me.. But..

Everything depends on how cheap is electricity at your place.
If it's cheaper (less than 10c/KWH) go with refurbished GPU's like 280x or 390,
otherwise i would go for 470 or 480
Skingoat (OP)

Activity: 155

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 02:49:21 PM

That's my thoughts...

Umm.. no my electricity is free because i live in a dorm for school, im not a thief lol you have a cofee before you awnsered me? the reason for multyple post is because im not sure where to post in altcoins not use to these threads, and o cant use google.. noo you idiot! i wrote a post here insteasd of typing mining comp in too google, i want you to do that for me.. jeesus.. lol want to build my rig while im at it too! since im soo lazy?!
Altcoining

Activity: 138

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 02:56:03 PM

That's my thoughts...

A theif? Jesus christ, it's free. Free is free. He's taking advantage of something GIVEN to him probably under CONTRACT.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 04:02:37 PM

That's my thoughts...

Umm.. no my electricity is free because i live in a dorm for school, im not a thief lol you have a cofee before you awnsered me? the reason for multyple post is because im not sure where to post in altcoins not use to these threads, and o cant use google.. noo you idiot! i wrote a post here insteasd of typing mining comp in too google, i want you to do that for me.. jeesus.. lol want to build my rig while im at it too! since im soo lazy?!

For how long will you be staying there ? If it's more than 6-7 months go for 390s. You will most likely hit ROI by that time but take note that after that when you move to your own place your electricity bill will be very high and you will make much less profit than some cards like rx 470. And 390s are harder to sell after you are done with them so take that into consideration too.
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:54:57 PM

That's my thoughts...

I'm not drinking coffee at all, so, no I didn't take a cup of coffee, if you really interested of this.
When, you're not sure where to write post, then better read a bit before posting,
then it's a mess in whole forum, because people like you, don't know where to write a post, and then spamming everywhere.
No, you cant use a google if you cannot type two words, and check first three results, so yes, you're fucking lazy retard.
I'm sick of people like you, damn zcash babies...

This is my signature...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: