Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:49:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I hate this forum  (Read 5317 times)
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:05:13 PM

Between the sig campaign spam and the idiots I just want to leave and never come back. It's really disappointing

There have been some measures taken to combat the signature campaign spam, the most notable of which is direct action against campaign operators.
About the idiots, you really can't do much.  Smiley
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 12:14:07 PM

It's really not that bad. You can turn off signatures in your settings. And if there were no idiots, no one would have time to talk on the forum.
Also do check this out because you may be interested in this - Signature Adblock Script [0.5.0]
Hiding the signatures doesn't solve anything. The spam is still visible.

OP, you have a valid point and people like Lauda and DannyHamilton has started doing something about it.
By DannyHamilton you mean their ignore list, or have I missed something?

Yet another thread about the problems this forum is facing won't help anything.
Indeed. There were plenty of threads about this.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1310

Get your game girl

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 03:17:56 PM

Between the sig campaign spam and the idiots I just want to leave and never come back. It's really disappointing
But why do you have to make a new account just to post that ? Maybe you're an Alt of girlbtc.com.Sorry for my lame predictions but every newbie account + Hate for the forum these days is indirectly related to girlbtc.

Yeh an' these niggas be racist too.  Y'all'll have mo' sympathy for a strugglin' sista when you forced ta walk tha street wit' a 30 pound sack'a kitty litta strapped to yo back.  Y'all din't even mention tha scammas here neither.   They be zlittherin' all o'er the place round these parts.  The spam ain't even tha haff of it!

Call befo' you come so I kin shame my cho-cha.
What language is that ? Seems like Half English ,Half Garbage.
0x0010

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

female ;)

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 03:33:12 PM

But why do you have to make a new account just to post that ? Maybe you're an Alt of girlbtc.com.Sorry for my lame predictions but every newbie account + Hate for the forum these days is indirectly related to girlbtc.

Yeh an' these niggas be racist too.  Y'all'll have mo' sympathy for a strugglin' sista when you forced ta walk tha street wit' a 30 pound sack'a kitty litta strapped to yo back.  Y'all din't even mention tha scammas here neither.   They be zlittherin' all o'er the place round these parts.  The spam ain't even tha haff of it!

That's the language of a huge black woman  Kiss

keybase.io/0x0010
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1104

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 03:37:55 PM

It's niggrish Grin

OP, this forum mirrors the typical internet society, just like any other forum. There are trolls, people who post drunk or on drugs, antisocial basement dwellers... and there are those who want to help and explain stuff to others. You can find a lot of useful advice on this forum, so don't be discouraged. You just have to learn to weed out and ignore.

Elsada

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 03:38:20 PM

No, it's not like you thought. I still depend on it for learning bitcoin or trading and I can get more earnings from this forum.
ofcourse, There are some problem occured in this forum but not much. I love this forum  and thanks for it.

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 04:19:06 PM

Based from my experience, this forum and reddit are the best place to talk about bitcoin even though there are some spammer.

snip
The majority of that paragraph applies to Bitcointalk too (I have no idea about the Reddit; I don't go there frequently).

In other forum, people freely can share scam/ponzi investment, they don't care if other users lost money because him/her
Similar to here. Bitcointalk has a board specifically for posting scam ponzi websites.

They also don't care about bitcoin future at all as long as they can earn money from it.
This likely applies to a large portion of the signature spammers here. They clearly show disregard for the forum its self, so it wouldn't surprise me if they felt the same way about Bitcoin.

Furthermore, moderators in bitcointalk.org is one of the moderators that i've seen in long time.
Did you miss out an adjective here? Best? Worst?

In other bitcoin forum, most moderators don't care even if their users scamming, fighting or manipulate each other.
This is the same here. Providing you don't make too much of a mess the mods don't involve themselves if a user is scamming or if a dispute is going on (bar personal reasons).
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Get your game girl

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 04:57:46 PM

At least, the moderators in here is neutral and do investigation before giving negative trust or ban a user. In other forum, they simply ban all users who looks like the bad guy or totally ignore it.
Yes,I have to agree on it.Apart from stackoverflow forums,I've not came across such well organized mods elsewhere.Take HF for example,the mods are too quick in calling you a rookie and give negative points if your opinion differs from theirs.While on bitcointalk,after banning a user the moment he creates a new thread asking  why were they banned,hilariousandco genuinely writes a lengthy message tolerating the trolls.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 06:29:35 PM

Looks like a 'try-hard troll' to me. I could be wrong.

At least, the moderators in here is neutral and do investigation before giving negative trust or ban a user. In other forum, they simply ban all users who looks like the bad guy or totally ignore it.
Negative trust has nothing to do with moderation. While better in many cases, the forum policy could be stricter with some other things (e.g. ponzi's, signature spam).

While on bitcointalk,after banning a user the moment he creates a new thread asking  why were they banned,hilariousandco genuinely writes a lengthy message tolerating the trolls.
Bitcointalk gives its users quite a lot of (underappreciated) freedom. A fine example of a 'negative side effect' are people who claim that participating in a signature campaign is a 'right' not a 'privilege'.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cryptoGsus (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 06:35:11 PM

It's niggrish Grin

OP, this forum mirrors the typical internet society, just like any other forum. There are trolls, people who post drunk or on drugs, antisocial basement dwellers... and there are those who want to help and explain stuff to others. You can find a lot of useful advice on this forum, so don't be discouraged. You just have to learn to weed out and ignore.

Yes I understand we are on the Internet. But I think it's a special group of people that Bitcoin attracts because they think it's some get rich quick scheme and not just money... Thousands of posts on how do I make x btc per day; the answer is get a fucking job then buy Bitcoin.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Get your game girl

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 06:55:12 PM

Yes I understand we are on the Internet. But I think it's a special group of people that Bitcoin attracts because they think it's some get rich quick scheme and not just money... Thousands of posts on how do I make x btc per day; the answer is get a fucking job then buy Bitcoin.
Isn't Bitcoin quite of the get rich scheme ? Tongue Started from $5 now we at $1024 Tongue, not "quick" obviously but you get the reference.It's completely okay to make bitcoins through the forum as long as you're not getting scammed or scamming anybody.Being a freelance programmer here,if I spend most of the time on projects I got through bitcointalk,I can easily make my living working from home rather than "getting a real job".
barrysty1e

Activity: 636
Merit: 516

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2017, 06:58:27 PM

sometimes i dislike this forum, but then i remember that at least its not reddit.

reddit is full of obnoxious, opinionated faggots; who feel they can request literally anything from the bitcoin team, or programmers in general.
having an opinion is fantastic; however if you have no skills or talent (or means), then shut the fuck up until someone else with the same opinion does it.
not to mention the 10000 shill accounts, or the headlines which just piss you off (<insert some vaguely irritating statement here>, then in the post itself <some meaningless opinion or farrrr paranoid thinking>).

then, the worst part, if someone is given a good answer that disagrees with their thinking, regardless of proof, they will just post some wordy, know it all, 'im not listening' to you response.
reddit does not control bitcoin or its future, i dont know where this thinking started, but its gotta go.

my father wears sneakers in the pool
cryptoGsus (OP)

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 07:34:02 PM

Isn't Bitcoin quite of the get rich scheme ? Tongue Started from $5 now we at $1024 Tongue, not "quick" obviously but you get the reference.It's completely okay to make bitcoins through the forum as long as you're not getting scammed or scamming anybody.Being a freelance programmer here,if I spend most of the time on projects I got through bitcointalk,I can easily make my living working from home rather than "getting a real job".

What you say is correct, but many did not know of bitcoin before the massive increase in price. The people who are treating it like a quick scheme were definitely not those early adopters. You are actually practising a skill as a programmer, Bitcoin and bitcoin forums are just additional ways for you to capitalize on a a real job. "A freelance programmer working from home for btc" is included in my categorization of "a real job" as Bitcoin is only a payment method in your case.
Bibite

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 08:03:57 PM

Some topics are really funny here  Roll Eyes
Actualiteit

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:49:55 PM

You can turn off signatures in your settings.

Oh damn, thanks mate. Pretty much half the space on every page was taken up by sigs, this is great!
iram3130
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010

ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 02:33:56 PM

I don't think its that bad. You can take off the signature's if it bothers that much to you. There are some old folks who come here just to teach or learn some things. Smiley

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███   

██████████

██████   

███████████

███████████████   

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 04:29:23 PM

Just ignore any thread that has more than about 50 replies ( unless you've been active in it of course).

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
canah17

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 10:39:06 AM

What? Really man.. we really apologize for what we have done to make you this mad find it in your heart to forgive us. Well i would like to explain why is their spammer's in this forum its because people here don't really have the time to post so they spam from it and as for me i really noticed that some of them are like a  child i am not being judge mental but i am just stating the fact that i really notice it and further more people in this forum has isn't afraid to get ban or get a warning really i think we need to put a age limit in this forum so that the young age can't register in this forum does who are not experienced but for me we really need to help the spammer's or to avoid them i am same with you but really its a big impact to me and i just ignore it Cheesy so please ignore the spammer's and just chill your mind ^_^
fieldman

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 04:57:12 PM

I don't hate the forum, but I do hate the things that you mentioned.

If you really want to leave you'd best start now.
this forum is good but too many spammers and scammers
vicktor

Activity: 53

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 11:37:55 AM

I don't hate this forum. I had some issues initially when I started. Thanks to the forum and the people on it who helped me. I'm still getting used to it. Whoever made this forum, THANK YOU.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: