Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:17:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bank Interest VS Bitcoin profits  (Read 6226 times)
Pommier

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 01:54:04 PM

Bank interest rates are very low, and even under 1% per annum in some countries, so of course Bitcoin is way better performing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:01:36 PM

Common people are not that skilled to make a investment or hold the bitcoin as a form of saving. This will increase over the days when digital currency turns to be an daily usable thing same as our traditional fiat. Compared to the bank interests the profit made from bitcoin holding is very big.
that is right but i can say that nothing is impossible in this world, in fact if a person study do little struggle then  he can really learn about trading and can learn about trading very easily and after some time a person can get good experience and can then make good profit from trading.
jvdp

Activity: 1148
Merit: 523

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 03:46:00 PM

Common people are not that skilled to make a investment or hold the bitcoin as a form of saving. This will increase over the days when digital currency turns to be an daily usable thing same as our traditional fiat. Compared to the bank interests the profit made from bitcoin holding is very big.
that is right but i can say that nothing is impossible in this world, in fact if a person study do little struggle then  he can really learn about trading and can learn about trading very easily and after some time a person can get good experience and can then make good profit from trading.

Yes you are right. Even a school studying student can do trading and investment in bitcoin. It's very easy to understand bitcoin. Only you need is Interest for learning about bitcoin. If you inverse your money in bank means.Only you will get percentage of profit for your money. But here you will get double the amount inversement in bitcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 04:30:04 PM

I introduced a friend to bitcoin in 2016 and he bought 20 bitcoins at $455 somewhere in January 2016. He now sold all of them at $1005 per bitcoin. After bank fees and trading fees, he made a profit of about $10 000 in a year.

The best interest rate he could get back in January was about 10% per year. So his profit from bank interest would have been +/- $910 for 2016.

Even after Tax has been deducted for Capital Gains, he will still Net a profit of about $7000 for the year. He is a very happy chap now, and I got a expensive lunch out of this deal. ^smile^

#Disclaimer : These are calculations done by him, so I do not know how accurate they are. Just thought I would share it with you.

Would you risk about $10 000 now, to possibly copy his success? Those were very uncertain times, when he had to make that decision back then.

Your friend have done the biggest mistake of his life. He should have hold the coin until today. Now, calculate the what profit he could have made, almost 72000$ in one and half year  Shocked . That would be amazing.

aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:12:19 AM

I introduced a friend to bitcoin in 2016 and he bought 20 bitcoins at $455 somewhere in January 2016. He now sold all of them at $1005 per bitcoin. After bank fees and trading fees, he made a profit of about $10 000 in a year.

The best interest rate he could get back in January was about 10% per year. So his profit from bank interest would have been +/- $910 for 2016.

Even after Tax has been deducted for Capital Gains, he will still Net a profit of about $7000 for the year. He is a very happy chap now, and I got a expensive lunch out of this deal. ^smile^

#Disclaimer : These are calculations done by him, so I do not know how accurate they are. Just thought I would share it with you.

Would you risk about $10 000 now, to possibly copy his success? Those were very uncertain times, when he had to make that decision back then.
At this moment buying bitcoin does not seem like the best idea, if you have bitcoin this is the best time to sell, get your profits and wait for the correction in the market and then at that time buy bitcoin, but the answer is yes I will be willing to risk an amount that big of money in order to try to get profits with bitcoin.
Nameless27

Activity: 322
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 04:30:57 AM

At this moment buying bitcoin does not seem like the best idea, if you have bitcoin this is the best time to sell, get your profits and wait for the correction in the market and then at that time buy bitcoin, but the answer is yes I will be willing to risk an amount that big of money in order to try to get profits with bitcoin.

Your somewhat right, for some reason many still buying bitcoin as of now hoping it would go up next year. That is a risky move but obviously those who done it are gamblers or will funded individuals. Let's see where we can go beyond $5000 price/mark this year.
logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:47:29 PM

Bank interest rates are very low, and even under 1% per annum in some countries, so of course Bitcoin is way better performing.
I am agree with you that the interest rate of banks are very low and we are not fully satisfied of this amount of interest and also through the low interest rate of bank we can not fulfill our daily needs completely. Otherwise right, bitcoin is very better to perform their activities so which we can make very easily much profit. So I think if we save our money in bitcoin it give to us very much money.
Donaldturp

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 01:57:16 PM

I am agree with you that the interest rate of banks are very low and we are not fully satisfied of this amount of interest and also through the low interest rate of bank we can not fulfill our daily needs completely. Otherwise right, bitcoin is very better to perform their activities so which we can make very easily much profit. So I think if we save our money in bitcoin it give to us very much money.

Instead of getting extremely low bank interest, I would go all in with bitcoin. This is very profitable and clear.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:13:58 PM

Instead of getting extremely low bank interest, I would go all in with bitcoin. This is very profitable and clear.
It is understood by the bankers so I think soon we will see a war of the banks against bitcoin. The bitcoin community is a type of Halyk Bank. Only the Bank will not give loans because take out a loan in bitcoins unprofitable. Bakery can do speculation in the market of crypto currencies, but only as individuals.
ahmia39

Activity: 1400
Merit: 251

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:17:51 PM

No nice interest i get from bank, even when i have savings balance over $50k. Nah on contrary, when i switch with 10% from savings to start investing bitcoin i can very unusual. My bitcoin has grown more than 30% less than 5 months. And it's still so much better than bank interest.

Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 06:28:51 PM

Oh my god! Wow! That is a lot of profit there man! Sadly, it could have been bigger if he decided to be more patient and chose to hold and wait for a little longer. Because we all know that the current price of bitcoins is still far from its peak/permanent/stable price (not so good in english). Sure, he might be laughing now, but i ak sure that after months he'll be regretting even the thought of selling his bitcoin possessions. And so much more after a few years.

If there isn't that much of a finalcial need, a smart man would never ever touch his bitcoins because he knows its potential and experienced already how hard it is to gain and to regret selling early.      
dasana212

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:25:17 PM

The fact, profits we get from bitcoin much better than interest given by bank. Even facilities exist in bitcoin was much better than banking. I don't need a bank to save money, all i need is more bitcoin to gain more profit.
BunnyShibe

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 11:35:16 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2017, 04:04:01 AM by BunnyShibe

The fact, profits we get from bitcoin much better than interest given by bank. Even facilities exist in bitcoin was much better than banking. I don't need a bank to save money, all i need is more bitcoin to gain more profit.
yes there is no doubt about this that the profit that we get from bitcoin is more better that bank interest. in fact in some religions interest is not as consider legal while business and investment is legal, because when you are related to any kind of business not only you but so many other people are also related to your business and they are a good earning their livelihood through your business. so investment is the best option in bitcoin.
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:28:24 AM

No nice interest i get from bank, even when i have savings balance over $50k. Nah on contrary, when i switch with 10% from savings to start investing bitcoin i can very unusual. My bitcoin has grown more than 30% less than 5 months. And it's still so much better than bank interest.
This is a not contest bitcoin is probably one of the best investments in the world there is no way banks can give those interest rates when in fact I have heard that some banks are now charging you money for having your money stored with them, that is crazy.
Michhotdog

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:01:59 AM

This is a not contest bitcoin is probably one of the best investments in the world there is no way banks can give those interest rates when in fact I have heard that some banks are now charging you money for having your money stored with them, that is crazy.

Many say that investment in the crypto currency is very risky. But if you think about it, storing money in a bank is also very risky. Therefore, comparing the profit from the deposit in the bank and from bitcoin, I will definitely choose bitcoin

▛ [ CENTRA ] Multi-Blockchain Worldwide Debit Card & Insured Wallet
▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▞▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚▬▬▬▚
▙     FacebookSlackTwitterGithubMediumANN Thread     ▟
LavaJack

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:12:04 AM

Many say that investment in the crypto currency is very risky. But if you think about it, storing money in a bank is also very risky. Therefore, comparing the profit from the deposit in the bank and from bitcoin, I will definitely choose bitcoin

Storing money in a bank is more than risky, it can be dangerous with negative interest rate policy, bank runs, or excess government regulation over cash. For modern day example, take a look at what happened in Greece and don't forget it. No country is immune to a financial meltdown. It's better to diversify your own finances to have more control of your wealth. Do not leave your family open to the control of institutions out of your control. At the end of the day, institutions do not care about what happens to you or your family.
Fourgh

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:20:04 AM

Much more if he had hold them for a few weeks or months. Bitcoins price is still shooting high. Smiley

djuvantebit

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

Be a part of the revolution

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 03:51:25 PM

Nice success story, it could have gone either way but it went well, it not a reason anybody should jump into bitcoin. It is expected you do your investment research before investing. Bitcoin can give good yield when you understand the market. Presently bitcoin price is on the high and not a good entry point but as regards a good investment opportunity yeah bitcoin is. Make sure you find a good entry point.

ahmia39

Activity: 1400
Merit: 251

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:47:46 PM

Of course bitcoin very profitable when compared with interest rate we get from saving in bank. My constraint isn't about bank interest, but at my ease in transactions and saving make me choose bitcoin. Even in country i live, to make large withdrawals, sometimes have to wait up to 1 day.

JL421

Activity: 812
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 08:19:37 PM

Bitcoin all the way, no bank is going to give you the profits that bitcoin has, and that is bitcoin, if you decide instead to invest in alts then the earnings can be even larger if you time the market right, so to me this is a no brainier invest in bitcoin and forget about the banks.
Not totally right currently all altcoin holders will be in negative and it can take few months for altcoins to rise but for bitcoin it will rise after august 1 or it will rise faster than altcoins. Altcoins are good for short term as they can crash easily when compared with bitcoin
Wow, your predict is one month ago, but in current the situation on market as your predict 100%, not wrong. I wish can read your predict early than before take big loss in last month.
They was nothing to predict it was a clear picture in front of you i don't how long have you been investing in bitcoin but nowadays just by looking at the market and seeing the price it is really easy to predict. Maybe if you had read it earlier and took it seriously you might be praising me now than regretting
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: