Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:52:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's Next Direction 2017 Predictions  (Read 9387 times)
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:44:40 PM

Your $800 prediction correction comes early, I know certain that Bitcoin will test $2000 before the end of the year because there are so many economy in distress presently.

Yup i also was a bit surprised it even went below 950 in just a few days. Though knowing bitcoin and being able to  talk to people who've been using btc for years now, i'm pretty sure bitcoin would be able to bounce back hopefully stronger after this. It's not really alarming as the price is a bit steady now so hopefully we continue the trend that bridged 2016 and 2017

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
baritus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:14:16 PM

Almost at the top of the range now. Very interesting to see if it finds 900 difficult to break.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:45:38 PM

Your $800 prediction correction comes early, I know certain that Bitcoin will test $2000 before the end of the year because there are so many economy in distress presently.

Yup i also was a bit surprised it even went below 950 in just a few days. Though knowing bitcoin and being able to  talk to people who've been using btc for years now, i'm pretty sure bitcoin would be able to bounce back hopefully stronger after this. It's not really alarming as the price is a bit steady now so hopefully we continue the trend that bridged 2016 and 2017

It already started growing again and reached above $870 mark and hopefully it will cross or reach around $1000 again in a few days.
Some people predicted for it to come down to $700 while some of them said it will grow back to $1100, what i feel is it will stay quite stable between $900 to $1000 for sometime.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 10:32:57 PM

It already started growing again and reached above $870 mark and hopefully it will cross or reach around $1000 again in a few days.
Some people predicted for it to come down to $700 while some of them said it will grow back to $1100, what i feel is it will stay quite stable between $900 to $1000 for sometime.
From now we will see a stable growth when it comes to the price of bitcoin rather than a spike we had earlier in December,the price is having a resistance at $900 and if it is able to break that then i would touch the $940 barrier in a week or two,either way it is positive thing for the traders as we all had the chance to enter once again at a good price.
Blackdeath

Activity: 910
Merit: 261

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:46:19 PM

In my opinion, it will reach $1500 this year as many chinese people are buying more bitcoin. I also seen some news that bitcoin are becoming more popular. It was planned to be used like in subway, I hope it is true. what I feel, bitcoin wouldn't go back to $700 again.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 09:38:40 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2017, 10:34:50 AM by coinplus

it will reach $1500 this year as many chinese people are buying more bitcoin. I also seen some news that bitcoin are becoming more popular. It was planned to be used like in subway, I hope it is true. what I feel, bitcoin wouldn't go back to $700 again.
I predict the bitcoin prices are moving toward massive $10k price levels, I believe it will be possible within this year itself as adoption rate will grow in exponential.

The new US government, coinbase got bitlencense, many European banks involve in bitcoin and there are a lot of other supporting news keep on coming to induce bitcoin adoption rate. Bitcoin will achieve one more time this year too as best performing currency of the year.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 10:41:41 AM

it will reach $1500 this year as many chinese people are buying more bitcoin. I also seen some news that bitcoin are becoming more popular. It was planned to be used like in subway, I hope it is true. what I feel, bitcoin wouldn't go back to $700 again.
I predict the bitcoin prices are moving toward massive $10k price levels, I believe it will be possible within this year itself as adoption rate will grow in exponential.

The new US government, coinbase got bitlencense, many European banks involve in bitcoin and there are a lot of other supporting news are keep on coming to induce bitcoin adoption rate. Bitcoin will achieve one more time this year too as best performing currency of the year.
Hello sir I think bitcoin price will increase at the price of $1500 this 2017 because many country accepted bitcoin and many investors will invest in bitcoin and it will become more popular every year. Many partners are also include . I don't think bitcoin price will hit $10,000 why because if the people see price of bitcoin is $1000++ the bitcoin in their wallet is exchange into real cash. Yes their is no imposible in bitcoin but your price its very. If its happen I think it takes 20-50 years before it reach $10k . no one knows what is the future of bitcoin. And I hope bitcoin will continue increase.
SMF119

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:17:49 AM

Hello,

After successfully predicting BTC moves in 2016 here on the forum, I have a new set of 2017 predictions that I'm using to trade the current move.

1. Rise to $1,200-$1,300 (Current move)
2. Correction to $800-$900 level and range trading for a while
3. Rise to $1,500
4. Correction to $900-$1,000 and range trading for a while
5. Continued rise to $2,000 by end of year

tldr; BTC will double this year after making a couple of moves up and down.

That is similar to my predictions that I just made a few days ago. But recently I read a news that Chinese people are buying more bitcoins and it has reached the highest peak compared to before. With this movement probably by the end of January bitcoin will reach Two Thousand Dollars each and by the end of the year a 10k dollar price will shock  the market by the end of the year.

Yes, it is a good prediction. Bitcoin does not need to run too fast. Think about what we need to do to achieve our goal ?
SMF119

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:35:11 AM

Hello,

After successfully predicting BTC moves in 2016 here on the forum, I have a new set of 2017 predictions that I'm using to trade the current move.

3. Rise to $1,500

That is similar to my predictions that I just made a few days ago. But recently I read a news that Chinese people are buying more bitcoins and it has reached the highest peak compared to before. With this movement probably by the end of January bitcoin will reach Two Thousand Dollars each and by the end of the year a 10k dollar price will shock  the market by the end of the year.

Yes, it is a good prediction. Bitcoin does not need to run too fast. Think about what we need to do to achieve our goal ?
How ?
maydna

Activity: 2940
Merit: 556

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:43:08 AM

Almost at the top of the range now. Very interesting to see if it finds 900 difficult to break.

yesterday i think we see that the price is break $900 barrier before its getting down again and i see that price is not stay too long and now the price is under in $900. i think we are getting hard to break the barrier for a moment but i am sure that soon or later, the price will getting higher than now.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
topesis

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 11:58:20 AM

The new US government, coinbase got bitlencense, many European banks involve in bitcoin and there are a lot of other supporting news keep on coming to induce bitcoin adoption rate. Bitcoin will achieve one more time this year too as best performing currency of the year.

IF your projection is true, that means more than X10 return on Bitcoin in a year, I personally don't see that coming.
Though I'm glad that BTC price is now been driven by fundamentals rather than pump and dump.
lordquanta

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 02:41:49 PM

Hello,

3. Rise to $1,500

Setting aside that your 2016 predictions weren't that accurate (50% accuracy is a coin flip), you provide nothing to back up your predictions, and currently aren't doing so well one week into 2017. Are you just shooting in the dark or do you have anything to base your predictions on other than whim? Because it seems more likely that we're in another deflating bubble period, as opposed to an environment that can sustain the momentum that ended 2016. This is a repeat of 2013.

I use a combination of technical analysis, fundamentals, and past behavior. I modify my results to account for the pump and dump nature of bitcoin movements. So basically, I increase variance.

What do you mean I'm not doing well one week into 2017? So far, I've traded all moves perfectly. I sold at peak and I am now looking to repurchase once I verify my support levels. Also, the 2016 predictions were extremely accurate from a trading perspective as following them resulted in a generous profit.

We've now dropped to the $800 level I thought would serve as support for range trading. The level was broken through briefly but the speed at which the price returned to above $800 strengthens the support significantly. I will probably begin to buy again if the level holds until Monday.

I don't think BTC is in a bubble phase. I think the bubbles are short lived and over time add long-lasting value.

Both my first and second predictions for this year happened almost exactly

Wow! your scientific approach towards the calculation almost reminded me "The Big short" movie.  It is better to see someone making realistic predictions. Do you really think bitcoin value will reach a million dollars or so by 2020? I checked lot of videos and some known friends wishful-thinkers believe in million dollar mark. It would be nice to things sorted out correctly.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 03:44:01 PM

Is this question same with 2017 predictions that I believe was asked last month? Anyway, due to its current stability in price I believe that it is not impossible that it will hit $1200-1300. I am longing for that price next month.
As I wanted to make it $10k but it was really impossible this year, but in the next year who'll know.

xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 04:38:06 PM

Is this question same with 2017 predictions that I believe was asked last month? Anyway, due to its current stability in price I believe that it is not impossible that it will hit $1200-1300. I am longing for that price next month.
As I wanted to make it $10k but it was really impossible this year, but in the next year who'll know.

Yeah price dumped too much after new year. Still valid to down only. We could the expect price rise after April. Iam sure value will reach to 1100$ again.
Electra01

Activity: 324
Merit: 101

Latest wallet: v2.1.1/v2.1.3

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 01:25:36 AM

This year, if there is no bad news, I predict Bitcoin has the potential to surpass $1600. However more bad news relating to Chinese exchanges may cause further decreases in price.
baritus (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1052

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:32:19 PM

Back to upper end of range. Probably turning back down but we'll see.

Digitalcoin - Sha256, Scrypt, x11 Mining - Multi-algorithm & One Click Masternodes - Founded in 2013
Boss CJ

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:51:14 PM

Bitcoin's value has a good start last year, and i believe that in the year 2017 it will be a breakthrough year for the currency and its underlying technology, given that the bitcoin has built in features to encourage its price to rise over time, and given the growing acceptance of both non-government currencies and digital currencies, there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic.

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 01:57:20 PM

Hello,

3. Rise to $1,500

So you don't actually care about Bitcoin being accepted by more vendors, or more ATMs, or new technology being integrated into the Bitcoin blockchain.
When you talk about the direction of Bitcoin in 2017, all you care about is the price.

I think the actual meaning of Bitcoin has been lost by lots of people on Bitcointalk nowadays. The price is interesting obviously, but it's ability to cross boarders and be an international currency that isn't regulated and controlled centrally is the idea behind Bitcoin.
jaysabi
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1115

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 08:10:21 PM

Hello,

3. Rise to $1,500

Setting aside that your 2016 predictions weren't that accurate (50% accuracy is a coin flip), you provide nothing to back up your predictions, and currently aren't doing so well one week into 2017. Are you just shooting in the dark or do you have anything to base your predictions on other than whim? Because it seems more likely that we're in another deflating bubble period, as opposed to an environment that can sustain the momentum that ended 2016. This is a repeat of 2013.

I use a combination of technical analysis, fundamentals, and past behavior. I modify my results to account for the pump and dump nature of bitcoin movements. So basically, I increase variance.

What do you mean I'm not doing well one week into 2017? So far, I've traded all moves perfectly. I sold at peak and I am now looking to repurchase once I verify my support levels. Also, the 2016 predictions were extremely accurate from a trading perspective as following them resulted in a generous profit.

We've now dropped to the $800 level I thought would serve as support for range trading. The level was broken through briefly but the speed at which the price returned to above $800 strengthens the support significantly. I will probably begin to buy again if the level holds until Monday.

I don't think BTC is in a bubble phase. I think the bubbles are short lived and over time add long-lasting value.

Both my first and second predictions for this year happened almost exactly

I mean your ranges aren't holding. You call for a range of 1200-1300, then we reach a high of 1129, but you count that as a hit. Then you call for a drop of 800-900, and we drop through that, and you count that as a hit too. When you provide a lower limit, and then it drops below that, that's not a correct prediction. When you call for a minimum high and we don't reach that, that's not a correct prediction.  So while you say your first two predictions happened almost exactly, I see an 0 for 2 prediction record this year.

What I am interested in is that you're getting general trends right (just not accurate on the price ranges), and if you're using technical analysis, that would at least be something to base your predictions on, so I'll be interested to see if that continues being in the ballpark going forward. Anyone can be right in a limited data set. You've called for some pretty bullish price appreciation this year, which I don't particularly see as likely, so I'll be watching with interest to see if you've got that right, and be the first to congratulate you if you are. But I'm not holding my breath.

LegendaryMiner

Activity: 407
Merit: 250

DAG, Built-in Chat and Conditional Payments

View Profile
January 21, 2017, 10:36:52 PM

Such variations are necessary, corrections occur in any market. I think what scared people was the fact that the price dropped sharply just after the ATH.

The good news is that the price is rising more slowly and steadily than before, so this can be a good sign, especially for long term holders. Another good news is that this year will happen things that have never happened before, such as the launch ETFs for Bitcoin and the participation of major investors.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: