Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:27:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Instawallet Claims - Who can access? / Who gets 404 error?  (Read 3619 times)
brickhouse464

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:48:47 PM

I just want my money back.  I don't care about the police report.  As long as I get my money back, he can call himself anything he wants and file whatever report he wants or not.
Herodes

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:49:13 PM

I personnally tested my urls on the claim form and it worked.
If you are getting a 404 error it could be that your url is made up.
All instawallet urls that have received transactions are in the database.

My URL is not made up and I can't acces to the claim process.  Angry

Okay I got it now. You can't use your bookmarks. You need to go to the instawallet.org and paste /w/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to the url.

Date Registered:    April 04, 2013, 07:51:52 PM

Possible shill alert.
pyedpyper (OP)

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:50:11 PM

So M. Noizat,

What do you propose that I do?

I appreciate you have 3 million wallets, but you do not have 3 million people trying to talk with you here - merely a handful.

I have 2 wallets, both with coin in them. I have the correct URLs. I have entered them on Chrome and Firefox - with and without the w, with http and with https. I have done this repeatedly from cut and paste. I have re-freshed over and over again.

And still I get a 404 error. I have not made up the URLs and I have not entered them incorrectly. Both wallets were active weeks before Instawallet went offline.

Please will you make a useful suggestion. There is 100% an issue with your process. I am not making this up and I know how to enter URLs correctly.

Thank you.
speakeasy1982

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:50:56 PM

So after going to instawallet.org and then copying and pasting my URL from /w/ on it worked. Weird how you can access some from a bookmark and others you cant. IDK.

Anyways after I went to my main one that had coins in it before the whole mess, it says the balance is zero.
Checking the blockchain for the address confirms all the money goes to cold storage.

Wondering if this is just an error as the site states "The wallet balance may not include the latest transactions. We will update them before we process the claims."

Either way cant fill out a claim or anything. Wondering what to do now.

Alert:

Date Registered:    April 01, 2013, 09:23:03 PM

Possible schill. Confirmations from some reputable members that the reclaim process indeed works ?

Herodes. I registered that date because I lurked here for a little bit, and never felt the need to post until the Instawallet thing, and now the bitinstant. Argg been a rough couple weeks. Anyways I have about 13 Instawallet URLS all are empty expect one.
About half of those URLs work, but they dont come up with any claim form I am assuming due to the balance being zero.

My main wallet had funds in it, but the balance is zero and it doesnt have a claim process anywhere on the page. But when I go to blockchain I can see all my money being transferred into cold storage. So it did have money prior to the hack.
Herodes

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:51:36 PM

So M. Noizat,

What do you propose that I do?

I appreciate you have 3 million wallets, but you do not have 3 million people trying to talk with you here - merely a handful.

I have 2 wallets, both with coin in them. I have the correct URLs. I have entered them on Chrome and Firefox - with and without the w, with http and with https. I have done this repeatedly from cut and paste. I have re-freshed over and over again.

And still I get a 404 error. I have not made up the URLs and I have not entered them incorrectly. Both wallets were active weeks before Instawallet went offline.

Please will you make a useful suggestion. There is 100% an issue with your process. I am not making this up and I know how to enter URLs correctly.

Thank you.

There's no claim process. That's my claim. And that's why it doesn't work.
Herodes

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:52:54 PM

So after going to instawallet.org and then copying and pasting my URL from /w/ on it worked. Weird how you can access some from a bookmark and others you cant. IDK.

Anyways after I went to my main one that had coins in it before the whole mess, it says the balance is zero.
Checking the blockchain for the address confirms all the money goes to cold storage.

Wondering if this is just an error as the site states "The wallet balance may not include the latest transactions. We will update them before we process the claims."

Alert:

Date Registered:    April 01, 2013, 09:23:03 PM

Possible schill. Confirmations from some reputable members that the reclaim process indeed works ?

Herodes. I registered that date because I lurked here for a little bit, and never felt the need to post until the Instawallet thing, and now the bitinstant. Argg been a rough couple weeks. Anyways I have about 13 Instawallet URLS all are empty expect one.
About half of those URLs work, but they dont come up with any claim form I am assuming due to the balance being zero.

My main wallet had funds in it, but the balance is zero and it doesnt have a claim process anywhere on the page. But when I go to blockchain I can see all my money being transferred into cold storage. So it did have money prior to the hack.

Fair enough - that's why I issued a possible shill alert. Not saying you are, but that it would be possible. If the claims process was fraudulent, making shill accounts would be away of giving it some legitimacy and making all legitimate users seem like fools.
speakeasy1982

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 10:55:16 PM

Herodes valid point. I think that could be what is going on with the Bitinstant thread. People who barely have any posts or just registered are saying they got their refund. Of course there is no real way for us to prove it. Not quite sure who is telling the truth and who isnt. Bitland seems to be in distress these days. MtGox, Bitinstant, Instawallet.. argg.. Guess with the more visability of Bitcoin the more it will get attacked. Sad
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 11:02:34 PM

I just want my money back.  I don't care about the police report.  As long as I get my money back, he can call himself anything he wants and file whatever report he wants or not.

Asking for the police report number that he claimed to have filed is a hedge of sorts for those of us which have funds residing at InstaWallet. A lot could happen within the next 90 days, hence wanting to get in front of this fiasco as quickly as possible in case the worse comes to fruition.

By them ignoring such a simple request, it sheds a dim light on their overall operations. There's more at stake here than just those who've had funds at InstaWallet.

Even as we speak, he's still breaking up the larger wallets into 1,000 BTC wallets. I guess that's why he doesn't have time to address any issues posed--securing 1,000 BTC wallets comes first. I'm curious as to what the other partners think about this action. Amazingly, nary a peep from them.

Later, bud.

~Bruno K~
pyedpyper (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:03:41 PM

Okay I got it now. You can't use your bookmarks. You need to go to the instawallet.org and paste /w/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to the url.

pyedpyper have you tried it this way?
[/quote]

I have finally got it to work!

Boussac this may be useful for you to know:

1. Accessing via bookmark does not work.
2. Cutting and pasting the full URL from a document does not work.
3. Accessing Instawallet.org and then APPENDING /w/xxxxxxxxxxx does work.

I do not understand why this should make any difference, but it does.

This will be good for others to know.
Herodes

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:04:58 PM

I just want my money back.  I don't care about the police report.  As long as I get my money back, he can call himself anything he wants and file whatever report he wants or not.

Asking for the police report number that he claimed to have filed is a hedge of sorts for those of us which have funds residing at InstaWallet. A lot could happen within the next 90 days, hence wanting to get in front of this fiasco as quickly as possible in case the worse comes to fruition.

By them ignoring such a simple request, it sheds a dim light on their overall operations. There's more at stake here than just those who've had funds at InstaWallet.

Even as we speak, he's still breaking up the larger wallets into 1,000 BTC wallets. I guess that's why he doesn't have time to address any issues posed--securing 1,000 BTC wallets comes first. I'm curious as to what the other partners think about this action. Amazingly, nary a peep from them.

Later, bud.

~Bruno K~

Where's the link to this action ? Is it davout sitting in a hotel somewhere stashing coins here and there ?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 11:11:57 PM

Guess with the more visibility of Bitcoin the more it will get attacked.

The more visibility of Bitcoin, the more the chance that entities will claim an attack and that they've filed a vapor police report.

I'm beginning to believe that the only reason they return here to berate us is to give them something to do while packing their bags prior to... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCkxso19PnU
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 11:13:09 PM

Later, bud.

~Bruno K~

Where's the link to this action ? Is it davout sitting in a hotel somewhere stashing coins here and there ?

Have the BlockChain URLs in a sec for you, bud.
twolifeinexile

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:14:41 PM

Can anyone who successfully see the claim page send a screenshot for us?
pyedpyper (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:22:50 PM

The last transaction into my one wallet for the claim came from another wallet I control. I would like to do the "Cryptographic proof of ownership" thing:

"If you or someone you know controls the private key of a Bitcoin address that sent a transaction to this wallet, you can help us by providing cryptographic evidence. The owner of the emitting Bitcoin address can sign a message and generate a signature which we can use to prove ownership of this wallet. In the fields below, enter the Bitcoin address of the emitter, a message, and the signature of the message generated by the private key associated with the Bitcoin address."

Can anyone advise a non-tech how to do this??

Thanks
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2013, 11:28:11 PM

Start here: http://blockchain.info/address/1LrPYjto3hsLzWJNstghuwdrQXB96KbrCy

Then: http://blockchain.info/address/1HEVQNxwuKx2nXdyqF86nAf49Epx5jS2Vk

http://blockchain.info/address/1PH7neXoeuV3gYWnz23Gvv3UDqqSXMNvuv

http://blockchain.info/address/19rtSeEF2KkPVtPdf79Gan5xom9rxWHvw4

http://blockchain.info/address/1KWWpsoyup1x8FEDapwqiXw7UkNQN7rHzN

http://blockchain.info/address/1BTSEoMXmSM1yY9T2dJgp4nMxbyHu7TJFA

http://blockchain.info/address/1AoKHLDgKiJ6oiAGC4THZqq8CjjLLHKyFj

http://blockchain.info/address/1CueZhGNcvtDifVqG4SiJJ25pzWtnsZfTP

... Repeat 30+ times like I need, then get another cup of coffee.
Herodes

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:29:41 PM

The last transaction into my one wallet for the claim came from another wallet I control. I would like to do the "Cryptographic proof of ownership" thing:

"If you or someone you know controls the private key of a Bitcoin address that sent a transaction to this wallet, you can help us by providing cryptographic evidence. The owner of the emitting Bitcoin address can sign a message and generate a signature which we can use to prove ownership of this wallet. In the fields below, enter the Bitcoin address of the emitter, a message, and the signature of the message generated by the private key associated with the Bitcoin address."

Thanks

I've never done that - but there should be guides around letting you know how to do it. This is one of the pieces of proof that could be used, in my opinion, to reclaim a wallet.

I think at this point in time Boussac should do a recording of how the reclaim process works and post it here, video with his cell, and uploaded within 30 mins of this post, or else it's just all false. :p
pyedpyper (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:40:35 PM

Same issue on one of my wallets. Please can you send a PM  to Boussac and ask him about this. I think I am on his hated/ignore list by now so probably will not get through to him.
Herodes

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:48:51 PM

pyedpyper have you tried it this way?

I have finally got it to work!

Boussac this may be useful for you to know:

1. Accessing via bookmark does not work.
2. Cutting and pasting the full URL from a document does not work.
3. Accessing Instawallet.org and then APPENDING /w/xxxxxxxxxxx does work.

I do not understand why this should make any difference, but it does.

This will be good for others to know.
[/quote]

So the reclaim process worked for you if you did:

1. Go to instawallet.org in browser <enter>
2. Copy /w/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx from whenever and pasting it in after instawallet.org in the adress line of browser, then <enter>

?

In that case, the procedure for how to do it should be described in minute details on their web page. Perhaps they are not criminals after all, but surely they're arrogant persons with lack of respect for their customers. If a business were to ignore all customers with a complaint, they surely would not have much customers after a while...

I think any way of accessing the url should be accepted, but I do think there should be added a captcha system of sorts to prevent any automated scripts to try try to reclaim wallets.
pyedpyper (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 11:58:45 PM

Thanks

I've never done that - but there should be guides around letting you know how to do it. This is one of the pieces of proof that could be used, in my opinion, to reclaim a wallet.

I think at this point in time Boussac should do a recording of how the reclaim process works and post it here, video with his cell, and uploaded within 30 mins of this post, or else it's just all false. :p

Have posted the question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=174041.0

Thanks for the suggestion Smiley

caffeinewriter

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:06:18 AM

While I can understand Boussac being swamped, he currently has worse customer service than BitInstant. (No offense to BitInstant, but your customer service, or lack thereof, is terrible) Albeit, all that aside, Boussac's behavior is arrogant at best, and suspicious at worst. I find it vaguely reminiscent of BTCST's damage control phase, but a hack is stressful for anyone. I'm just going to suggest to Boussac, cough up that police report number. And don't just post a random number, because remember it can be verified. Speaking directly to Boussac, it's your customer's right to know. Keeping them in the dark doesn't instill any trust in them.

As Little Richard once said, "Greed has taken the whole universe, and nobody is worried about their soul".

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: