Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:25:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"?  (Read 79918 times)
rokkyroad
Legendary

Activity: 1090
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:41:36 AM

Fuserler's ostrich ...

I was thinking about Emunie too. This guy has been working on it for years. I installed one of testing wallets years ago so I know he can produce.  The project was not drama free but which one is.

" If you have to spam and shout to justify your existence then you are a shit coin."  TaunSew

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
okiefromokc

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 02:57:05 AM

Fuserler's ostrich ...

I was thinking about Emunie too. This guy has been working on it for years. I installed one of testing wallets years ago so I know he can produce.  The project was not drama free but which one is.
Consider a huge theft of his personal BTC and that it has been completely rewritten 3 times and a pure transactional DB with no blockchain. Fuserleer had to completely code everything from scratch... and he is the only coder...

then 3.5 years seems reasonable to me...

CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 03:21:12 AM

Fuserler's ostrich ...

Consider a huge theft of his personal BTC and that it has been completely rewritten 3 times and a pure transactional DB with no blockchain. Fuserleer had to completely code everything from scratch... and he is the only coder...

I predict fuserleer's 'Big Bird' will be worth the wait, same for anonymint's mr snuffleupagus coin
StinkyLover

Activity: 454

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:16:17 AM

Thanks for your answers. Much appreciated. Good plan. I'll look out for it when it gets here. I didn't actually take part in the ETH ICO. I bought and sold a few early/mid 2016.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:21:41 AM

As we know, bitcoin has the problem of making us choose between

1) A network that has conservative blocks in order to stay decentralized (so nodes can be run by common folk instead of big pockets, corporations and whatnot, which would be fatal for the network) + a secondary layer on top like LN to facilitate fast velocity, cheap transactions then wrapping them up on the decentralized network, but making on-chain transactions expensive and slow for those that want to use it. (This is the best we have now)

2) A network with big blocks, that is centralized at its core, since the blocks are too big for common folk to host nodes = centralization of nodes spiral begins and it ends up as centralized as mining is nowadays.

Option number 2 is out of the question, which is why Bitcoin XT, Bitcoin Unlimited etc have been failures that get next to no support. Bitcoin Core with conservative blocksize increases (devs and all experts say they its best to increase the blocksize after segwit so we will get 2MB after segwit) + LN is the best we got. All other methods have been proven to be smoke and mirrors. Unrealistic and deceiving solutions.

I think this is a big mistake to think that option 2 is out of the question.  This sounds like Bill Gates thinking that "640 KB is more than enough memory for a PC", and hard-coded a limit in DOS, because when 4KB machines were selling, that sounded like a reasonable proposition.

At this moment, and with a projection of a huge adoption, it is true that "all financial traffic of the world on block chains" doesn't seem to be feasible due to network and storage limits.  But that financial traffic is a finite amount that doesn't grow exponentially like network and storage capacity is.   What seems to be "a big block chain" may very well fit on a cheap device a few decades from now, and what seems to be a serious network congestion may be like nothing special a few decades from now.   Bitcoin's block chain, of transmitting 1 MB per 10 minutes, was eating up a lot of capacity when people had 28kb modems.  Now, 1MB per 10 minutes is peanuts for most home amateurs and get this in a few seconds.  In the 1990ies I still had such a modem.  That's 20 years ago.  Scale up 20 years from now, and you'll find a few orders of magnitude more network and storage capacity that make these "huge block chain" discussions sound ridiculous.  However, good immutable crypto, especially if it has large world adoption, cannot change its protocol any more.  So we're doing a "Bill Gates 640K" if we hard-code limits in block chains because of technological capacity, which will cripple the system in a few decades at most.
StinkyLover

Activity: 454

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 05:25:04 AM

Fuserler's ostrich ...

I predict fuserleer's 'Big Bird' will be worth the wait, same for anonymint's mr snuffleupagus coin
It's impressive. He's even built peripherals (card reader, cards etc). The UI is the best I've seen. Very user-friendly. My only concern was the trade balancing feature. Predicting markets and trying to balance trades etc is a risky game, but it's most definitely a very usable personal banking app. Even without the eMunie currency, as a GUI it's better than some existing online banking apps.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:11:29 AM

he's fucking nuts enough that it will either succeed or burn spectacularly

this!

love him or hate him, I think the vast majority of folks who know a thing or two about crypto coins would very much welcome a valid project from shelby.

that being said, the obvious elephant in the room is we are still waiting for said project... after many, many years...

dude, seriously, if you took the time poking wholes in the scam coins and instead put it towards your own coin/project/whatever, it would of been done by now. im not saying this place does not benefit from your scathing critique, but i think the field of assholes is fully enough saturated that a man of your skill set is wasting his talents calling bullshit 24/7.

food for thought.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 06:16:20 AM

Bottom Line:
All the bullshit aside if you can launch a truly better coin with real innovation with out doing an ICO then absolutely you have my full support.
I am leaning towards thinking you have the skills to do that... BUT !
I actually have not seen proof you have the required coding skill level (pertaining to crypto) to pull it off.

Your claim of an "Early 2017 Launch" ? = Good luck Wink

I guess it's plausible if you unload yet another ICO (YAICO) and then kick back and say "Coming Soon"
Then yeah... you could launch it "Early 2017" hahhahhahahhahaha

So if I come to the table with a completed fully functional self funded cryptocurrency, that is running in an Open Beta, you would not have a problem with an IPO/ICO open to everyone at the same buy-in cost of say $010/coin?

Also, when I said fully functional, it has a market place, chat, alternate user wallet names, etc.

Just wondering...

Fuserler's ostrich ...

lol if you knew ANYTHING about dan you'd know you'd be fucking happy to be his ostrich.

not to go tooo far off topic but it takes all of 5 minutes of reading to see what a solid, albeit stupidly delayed, project eMunie is. It's a shame more projects do not follow its model of production quality even if that same quality level is a burden.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:22:10 AM

But as per topic title.. does he have the Bitcoin Killer ?
AND ...
Will he be launching it in Early 2017 as he was quoted saying earlier ?

And would he be competent enough to secure it so he does not have some type of DAO fiasco ?
Not sure if he is working by himself or what but it's a lofty goal.

I once started making a PC game based on the Source Engine from Valve.
And it was working great and i had some characters and items etc put into a test world running around battling HL2 enemies for testing but i quickly realized my lofty ambitions were just not practical or realistic and i threw in the towel.
Could i have done it ? Possibly but i have to eat / shit / sleep and Troll still too ! hahhaha  Grin
Did i literally want to spend every waking free moment of my life working on it for years to come ?

Sometimes it's just better to contribute to an existing project.
Look at RockBox Custom Media Player Firmware.. would you code a competitor from scratch ?
Want to write your own custom OS from scratch ?

I am not amused though he is now after all this time admitting his ICO plans.
I called him out on it before and he pretty much kept denying it.
Even though i knew fucking damn well he was planning it all along.
Fuck people i kept harping on him saying he's full of shit criticizing them .. when he has every intention on doing one ROFL  Cheesy

And here we are i told you guys !

And it's going to be done that way because it's too much work to code a new and better system.
Which is the entire point of making the so called "Bitcoin Killer"
And if you can't improve on the initial distribution then what in the fucking hell are you even doing ?
THAT IS THE DAMN POINT !

ICO = Scammy MOD of Bitcoin.

Launch another ICO and you are making another scammy MOD.
NOT a "NEW" coin.

ICO's are for the little assholes who wander around he saying they have the Bitcoin Killer but are too lazy or inept to actually make it.. and thus want to side step the whole making it part and launch their scammy ass ICO so it can of course be LISTED ON POLONIEX FOR PROFITS... NOW

Hey Shelby make sure you are regulated by the SEC / US govt etc.
Launching an ICO means you are saying you are a company.
And your company better be following trade laws then.
What trade laws ? it's a free market ?

Duh idiots ...why do you think i refuse to support "ICO's" ?
Well that and many other reasons actually.

ICO = SCAM.

I will not support any of them ever under any circumstances.
If you do ? Then you are a fucking scammy shit coin supporter.

It's not about who is friends with whom around here.
It's about not being a scammy greedy cunt for ROI's.

FUD first & ask questions later™
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 07:42:54 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 10:44:10 AM by iamnotback

dude, seriously, if you took the time poking wholes in the scam coins and instead put it towards your own coin/project/whatever, it would of been done by now. im not saying this place does not benefit from your scathing critique, but i think the field of assholes is fully enough saturated that a man of your skill set is wasting his talents calling bullshit 24/7.

That was acknowledged already many months ago. Click the link in this quote:

Edit: I realize maybe he is referring to when TPTB_need_war  would criticize other projects such as Ethereum, Dash, Synereo, etc and also the long thread about whether ICOs are legal. That was a period of learning and conceptualizing about those issues. It was a necessarily stage of gaining understanding and insight.

The analysis of Steem was part of the design process for what I have now.

A think my poor health is the main reason for slow production. Coding is something that is fun but it is intense (if done well) and that intensity appears to be incompatible with the illness I have. I am not even exactly sure yet what illness I have, but whatever it is, it interferes with the energy level in the brain that enables that voracious mental activity that makes coding fun.

I will try to explain it with analogy. Would an NBA basketball player enjoy competing if he had become paralyzed from the waist down and now gets around in a wheelchair.

This is why I have been doing what I can do mentally, and design + conceptual analysis is less detail oriented than coding. Coding requires a lot of energy to keep 100s of tiny details in your head as you go forward. I have difficulty with my memory (battling with delirium) and thought processes because something in my liver disease and in theory digestive system is interrupting the energy needed for my body to function normally. Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is incredibly debilitating.

That is why I have been putting so much effort into trying to solve my health problem, because I know I don't feel the same as when I used to code voraciously. And I am trying to get back what I had before.

I seem to do much better when I stay off the computer and do exercise all day. I will be in Singapore from Jan 12 - 19 at this clinic:

http://gutcare.com.sg

I could have gone to Singapore in late October, but I decided to hold my 9.5 BTC (my last remaining funds) because I predicted the BTC price would go up. In that interim time, I was able to write the whitepaper.  (Note if it had not been for Steem and @smooth upvoting my blogs in July+August I would be already out of cash).

The Philippines simply didn't have the medical expertise to help me.

I should have done the Singapore thing in 2015 when my first angel investor gave me significant funds. I was in such delirium in 2015 (and the 10 days fasting in August sent me into a tailspin so that was a major mistake) that I couldn't even garnish the energy and clarity of thought to map out a correct strategy of health care. To give you some idea, I had purchased $400 of products in the USA had them sent to a forwarder. My health was so bad in 2015 and 2016, that I never got around to paying the $95 to have it forwarded. They liquidated my goods and I lost $400. That is how debilitating this illness has been. Even tying my shoelaces became a major event.

If you can imagine that I am able to write a white paper and make designs in this condition, imagine what I could do (and did do! See CoolPage, See Corel Painter, See WordUp) if I could just get my normal health back.

I realize by now that a lot of my forum activity was a coping mechanism for not wanting to face the feeling of being handicapped. Wallowing in bed would have made me so bored and depressed. So I did what I could do. I know I would prefer to have been coding.

I am fearful that I was destroyed in 2006 by someone. And I am fearful that there is nothing I can do anymore to fix my health. Although I did have some improvement during the holidays from doing sports and hard exercise hours per day and staying off the computer.

http://imgur.com/a/d3tYe  (photos evidence of the holidays, except the one I am hugging my gf is from 2015 when I was so thin from fasting)

I am tired of making excuses. I will finish something and if necessary I will turn the project over to others who aren't ill, if I can't get healthy.

I am fighting as hard as I can every damn day. You don't know how much I have aged in the past 4 years due to this illness. Here is a comparison from 2011. Here are some before and after photos to get some idea, but note the decline began in 2006 because of what someone did to me. And the decline really began in 1999 when I was attacked by a gang and lost 95% vision in my right eye.

http://imgur.com/a/1C6sW

You see the red marks and splotches on my face in that photo where I am sitting in my SUV wearing ear bud headphones. That is the inflammation cascade from the illness. I get welts like that on the back of head after eat. Also do you see the horrendous eye bags. That is liver disease and Chronic Fatigue.

Perhaps you can say I am a narcissist for posting all those photos, but I am also looking at them and trying to understand what happened to me. And to try to look at my photos and see if my sickness is apparent in my photos or not. I don't even really know for sure what happened to me. It is a blur. All I know is I reviewed my archive of emails recently and I have so many emails complaining of declining health such as a sudden onset of arthritis in my knees and Chronic Fatigue + insomnia after I got infected with HPV in April 2006. And these emails continued every year until 2012 when I was hospitalized with a perforated ulcer and then my health went to an worse acute stage.

I was so damn strong and in good health before April 2006, and then unable to even leave the bed for 3 weeks after that and then progressively declining health ever since. So I blame the April 2006 infection, but now I have also something wrong with my liver and digestive system.

Also I can't really afford the health care in Singapore. They are talking up to $3000 just for a colonoscopy. I have no medical insurance.

Any way I am going to at least establish a relationship with the doctors so that after I do an ICO, then I can afford the medical treatment I may need without any limitations.

Any way, I bench pressed 85 kilos on my 59th and 60th rep in the gym two days ago (after those recent basketball photos in the lime green shirt). I determined to put an end to this 11 year health debacle! My career was destroyed. That isn't a lot but realize I am only 70 kilos and that my bench press had been declining significant since Spring of 2015. I had lost power and wasn't able to even do 15 reps with 60 kilos. I did 15 reps with 60 kilos this week on my 61st through 75th reps. My max on bench now is probably about 90 kilos. That is much lower of course than what I did when healthy and younger, but I had pretty much stopped working out barbell most of 2016. So I have a lot upside as I have only been about 8 times to the gym so far.

Also I exacerbated the health problem after 2006 by doing several stupid things:

1. You see those bags of cement behind me in those photos from 2010. How toxic was that having that dust inside the house!
2. I contracted dengue and was being bitten by mosquitos a lot every day. My son also caught it.
3. I was occasionally eating various dried legumes (kidney beans, lima beans, etc) uncooked. I didn't even know this is a toxic poison.
4. I met up with two girls in late 2011 and early 2012 who were both very sick with digestive illness and perhaps even hepatitis (but I have tested negative for hepa, HIV, and other STDs but there is no HPV test for men afaik).

So I can't really attribute my decline to any one thing for sure.

But I will tell you I am still very athletic. I hope those basketball photos make that clear. I will be 52 in June.

I am determined to get back my health. I am busting my ass. And being on this computer and on the forum isn't helping. Staying up night last night messed me up today.

Let's just see what happens. I am not making any claim that I will succeed. Let's see what action transpires. Even I don't know what I can accomplish.

Having serious health problems can make any person doubt themselves. And I have a lot of doubt, because I haven't been able to get well after so many years. I oscillate between being fed up (so exhausted and when in a relapse) and wanting to stop living, to fighting and wanting to push harder and win. It is very bipolar because my physical body is in such a bipolar condition of oscillating between feeling like shit and having some energy to fight. I had tried also being more level but all that does is cause me to be in delirium most of the time. I have to fight and push to get any periods of positivity. Nothing comes easy to me now. This is a different life than I had before.
iamnotback

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:24:23 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 10:01:51 PM by iamnotback

Shelby i will support your project if it is launched fairly.
Problem is you will launch another ICO

I already stated the ICO will be a very small portion of the eventual coin supply with the bulk distributed "fairly" (actually competitively but anyone can participate and in an objective manner), but it will be a significant portion of the coin supply for the period of time that matters to initial speculators. And for the long-term, the upside from the dilution is as I said shooting for 100 million user social network.

I am not ready to say more because it would reveal some of my design decisions.

I don't really care if you support it or not. It will succeed or fail on its merits.

The biggest problem that is facing me right now is not you or even technology, but my damn headache. Headed out to jog. Probably be resigned to the bed rest of the day.

We have bigger fish to fry than our forum readers here. To succeed at what I want to accomplish requires attracting those outside our ecosystem (but even without that level of success, the speculation can still be valid as you all know that the hype is also worth a lot even if the follow through isn't up to snuff, but I want to actually succeed in the real adoption market and I see that as I challenge and I want to be victorious as this is my career ending move). I am ready to go for that challenge if I can simply be granted the health so I can go back to doing what I love, which are taking on big challenges and coding voraciously to make them reality.

I don't know if I can do it, but before any ICO, a open and honest disclosure will be made at that time. For now, I am fighting to get where I want to be. So talking won't really mean anything at this point, other than to set the record straight on what I am dealing with and what I am trying to do.
iamnotback

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 08:47:00 AM

Fuserler's ostrich ...

He has written code, run testnets, etc.

I wrote a detailed white paper. He is younger and healthy and is doing what I was very good at when I was his age.

I am now an astute designer and theoretician. I don't know if I am still an awesome coder. Well I can say for the moment I am not. But I am not a person who accepts defeat. I have to be beaten to a pulp with a sledgehammer before I will accept defeat.

Kudos to Fuserleer on his production.

I am tired as you all are of bullshit and failure.

I understand you have to try to gauge the potential. I will provide more and better information at the time you need to make this decision.
iamnotback

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:02:58 AM

As we know, bitcoin has the problem of making us choose between

1) A network that has conservative blocks in order to stay decentralized (so nodes can be run by common folk instead of big pockets, corporations and whatnot, which would be fatal for the network) + a secondary layer on top like LN to facilitate fast velocity, cheap transactions then wrapping them up on the decentralized network, but making on-chain transactions expensive and slow for those that want to use it. (This is the best we have now)

2) A network with big blocks, that is centralized at its core, since the blocks are too big for common folk to host nodes = centralization of nodes spiral begins and it ends up as centralized as mining is nowadays.

Option number 2 is out of the question, which is why Bitcoin XT, Bitcoin Unlimited etc have been failures that get next to no support. Bitcoin Core with conservative blocksize increases (devs and all experts say they its best to increase the blocksize after segwit so we will get 2MB after segwit) + LN is the best we got. All other methods have been proven to be smoke and mirrors. Unrealistic and deceiving solutions.

I think this is a big mistake to think that option 2 is out of the question.  This sounds like Bill Gates thinking that "640 KB is more than enough memory for a PC", and hard-coded a limit in DOS, because when 4KB machines were selling, that sounded like a reasonable proposition.

At this moment, and with a projection of a huge adoption, it is true that "all financial traffic of the world on block chains" doesn't seem to be feasible due to network and storage limits.  But that financial traffic is a finite amount that doesn't grow exponentially like network and storage capacity is.   What seems to be "a big block chain" may very well fit on a cheap device a few decades from now, and what seems to be a serious network congestion may be like nothing special a few decades from now.   Bitcoin's block chain, of transmitting 1 MB per 10 minutes, was eating up a lot of capacity when people had 28kb modems.  Now, 1MB per 10 minutes is peanuts for most home amateurs and get this in a few seconds.  In the 1990ies I still had such a modem.  That's 20 years ago.  Scale up 20 years from now, and you'll find a few orders of magnitude more network and storage capacity that make these "huge block chain" discussions sound ridiculous.  However, good immutable crypto, especially if it has large world adoption, cannot change its protocol any more.  So we're doing a "Bill Gates 640K" if we hard-code limits in block chains because of technological capacity, which will cripple the system in a few decades at most.

The problem with proposing centralization as a solution, is it simply doesn't scale in terms of ecosystems, for the same reason that closed source doesn't scale but open source does.

The world doesn't want to invest in a system that is controlled by China. Centralized control is not anti-fragile.

Bitcoin has a limited lifespan. It will be the stepping stone from fiat to something that really works.

Sorry. My project is very important. I know my white paper is worth $billions. But i need to be able to actuate it into code in order to monetize my invention.
iamnotback

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:20:59 AM

Spoetnik really surprises me with his eloquence at times.

I can guarantee you Shelby people tune you out chronically.

Point being is you were lecturing to deaf ears ..again

long winded alienating every person here

100+ pages running with each comment being a long winded rant

That's what I meant about "verbal diahrrea".  iamnotback insists its not him, its our lower than average intelligence ... lol.

You don't like details. I do. Let's see whether details matter or not.

Perhaps you just want a good hyped pump job soundbite as I had stated where the devs have no care whatsoever to actually having any of the critical details figured out. No problem, there are plenty of those for you to choose from. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out from my project opportunity.

I realize simpletons prefer the soundbite tl;dr. Sophisticated investors understand that the devil is in the details. Speculators also understand that a good pump-and-dump is sufficient, so perhaps there is a reason to prefer the soundbite.

I think you need both. You need soundbite marketing and you need sophisticated detail, e.g. Bitcoin.

I will not promise that I am the best pumper. I can only tell you that I did formerly manage to produce popular software and did a lot of coding. I have been working on the whitepaper and will be working more on the coding.

What you may not appreciate is how much my understanding of the details has improved because of all the posting I did. My interaction over the past 4 years stimulated my thought process.

You are apparently one of the people who live in the fantasyland of magic wands. No details and arduous activity required, simply "wave the wand and it be done". I think Vitalik or the MaidSafe guys would be a better choice for you. Copious bullshit soundbites galore.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:31:02 AM

No, he doesn't. Nowadays a bitcoin killer would have to scale and go mainstream, to become a bitcoin killer. He's just about talks, for years now. The only project currently that really aims to solve the scaling problem is ethereum, all other projects have some sort of very limited scaling.
iamnotback

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 09:44:30 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 10:23:18 AM by iamnotback

No, he doesn't. Nowadays a bitcoin killer would have to scale and go mainstream, to become a bitcoin killer. He's just about talks, for years now. The only project currently that really aims to solve the scaling problem is ethereum, all other projects have some sort of very limited scaling.

Agreed.

The only project currently that really aims to solve the scaling problem is ethereum, all other projects have some sort of very limited scaling.

Casper is fundamentally flawed and Vitalik and Vlad don't seem to understand that blame can't be made in Byzantine agreement, thus there can't be bonded validators (my whitepaper explains this in detail). Casper, Tendermint, Cosmos, and Rchain are all DOA. Can't ever work. They've been wasting all their time and your BTC. But please don't listen to me. Give them moar BTC please. And let others partake of my project and you stay with the age 20-something V&V, because you deserve to reap what you sow.

As for Ethereum's current PoW algorithm it is fundamentally insecure (as has allegedly been under continuous attack, i.e. there is someone who is getting most of the coins which is the why the market is manipulated and not an aggregate market). This is covered in my whitepaper.

"Bitcoin killer" is another way of saying "innovative coin" and innovation doesn't cut it anymore.  The biggest gains I saw in 2016 were all coins who networked in some capacity, whether it was legal networking or illegal networking.  The technological side of Monero and PotCoin are pretty weak and yet they saw some of the most ROI in 2016.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1732516.0

Monero got into the dark net markets.  Potcoin got users from the cannabis industry.  NEM networked around in Malaysia and Japan and some businesses / banks took them on.

Iamnotback's "Bitcoin killer" is pretty useless and doomed to fail if it's just him trying to push his coin on Bitcointalkers.  Other innovative projects, who don't have networking, are also having hard times and I doubt that'll ever reverse.

Ah the NEM boys. I still need to add some analysis of Proof-of-Importance to my whitepaper. Thanks for reminding me.

I totally agree that without an ecosystem, a coin is DOA. One of the critical aspects of my plan is that there is a massive incentive for others to build apps on my blockchain design.

I will let you explain to yourself how I managed to produce a million user product in 2001 when the Internet was 10X smaller, and yet somehow you think I am totally incapable of understanding the importance of driving adoption. It is critical to work with others, but why would anyone want to work with me (except to use my reputation to steal from you all) until I have demonstrated leadership. My health is what has been retarding that process. Simple as that.

Also I think you need to distinguish between innovation that is a selling point to this small microcosm here on this forum, and innovation which actually causes a million users to signup. My past record of success (before 2006) was creating the latter form of innovation. All we've seen from NEM and others is the former form of "innovation" (i.e. useless hype bullshit such as Proof-of-Importance, DAO, Casper, etc).

Btw, your jabo38 was on my inner circle of communication back in 2014 before he left to join NEM. I didn't fault him for moving on to something that was moving faster. He knows I was suffering from health ailment in 2014.

Monero seemed to build critical mass of volume of trading. It is really the only solid alternative to Bitcoin that isn't just a clone. Ethereum doesn't really count as a pure crypto-currency alternative but there is enough interest/belief/hope/hype in it as a radical alternative of the future to keep it in the top 4. Litecoin is just a clone with a few parameter changes. Basically you have the best developers on Bitcoin. The next best developers are on Monero. After that, you have some reasonably good developers on Steem, but they make some of weirdest design decisions (as r0ach and I have said, Dan builds Rube Goldberg machines).

I haven't really investigated the developers of other coins. But it seems like pretty much all the other coins have at most one solid developer on them. So they haven't yet gained the critical mass of developers to compete with those top 4 (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum, Monero). Steem would be up there if they hadn't botched the design. Their devs are good.

Dash is a mixed bag. Had a couple of reasonably good devs work on it, but the thing is really a mix of poor design decisions and muddled identity. They were DarkCoin and then SodaPopCoin and now what?

I am not really following NEM closely. I don't think it has credibility. But I will look again more closely when I do the analysis of PoI. Apparently you have one solid dev who is a younger Japanese dude.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:03:37 AM

Sounds like ETH Shelby.. same shit, different pile.
ETH launched an ICO then way after the fact tacked on mining once they were getting smashed with criticism of their 100% premine antics.
..a knee jerk reaction in my view.

An ICO is an ICO bud..

No way to smooth that over with "a period of learning and conceptualizing about those issues"
It is what it is.

That's a great fucking excuse too i may use that one around here one day.  Grin

A partial ICO ? HAHAHHAHA  Cheesy

oh fucking christ you guys amuse my balls of with verbal gymnastics.
Did you not just read what i said ? (stating the obvious)
What makes Bitcoin is the fucking initial distribution !
So no you can't say oh well that part is not very important..
So i will ICO it because the ends justify the means.

To qualify to be the Bitcoin Killer you will need to improve on it.
And no being a centralized distribution is not an "improvement" or "innovation"
Shelby you need to get a grip and check your shit man.. you are bullshitting yourself.

And if you want an ounce of credibility around here you need to work on your shit like i was saying.
You have the bloody audicty to truck around here supporting STEEM buy using it ? (and profiting from it in the process)
Wow that takes some balls man.. and i know you showed them to me Wink

I'll i'd admit you got some gall and some tenacity but that is not whats for sale here.
I am not buying Shelby coin because he has good rants..
I'd be buying it because it kicked the shit out of Bitcoin.

FUD first & ask questions later™
iamnotback

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:05:51 AM

Spoetnik you are going to eat your words.

Stay tuned...

(I don't want to waste time arguing with you tit for tat. For example, ETH raised $18 million and didn't have an operating blockchain, didn't have a design, didn't have anything but a talking head named Vitalik and a lot of geek cool dudes willing to promote it to fanboys of geekism).

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and never admitting that it will get you the same result. Neither Bitcoin nor Monero (nor Ethereum) are going to solve the centralization and scaling problems. So why would copying their distribution paradigms not be insanity.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:12:17 AM

If your statement "ethereum is flawed" can be resumed as a few mispriced ops that have been fixed ( there may be others ) is your proof that ethereum is flawed, then you've been wrong all along, and it's just jealousy.
About POW, even as a non technical person i agree generally POW is flawed, just because all you have to do to attack is rent hashpower. I think vitalik calculated somewhere what amount would be needed to attack bitcoin, i think it was around 20mil if i'm not mistaken.
You can't possibly know wether or not casper is flawed, it was all theory when vlad posted it on blog. Since then it was probably reworked tens of times, debated behind closed doors, and so on. You can't possibly know all the details and your opinion is based on early casper posts. Not to mention i don't believe you've studied it and all the later casper posts in the smallest detail, thought about every variant, just so you can post that fud on bitcointalk. You don't even have anyone to debate with, so you'll go with "whatever i think it's right". Anyway, even if you did, that'd mean you have too much free time and actually you're not working on any project, despite your claims. But what you do, saying it WON'T work, well, that's easy. You do that technically to draw attention to yourself, because what EF is doing wasn't done before so you know there's a big chance they might not accomplish all their objective, or even fail completely. In any case, if 1 out 100 parts of the project won't perfectly work, you'll still go with "i told you i am right", the very same thing you did with " ethereum is flawed" when, currently, all ethereum flaws so far were a few misspriced ops. Being a critic is easy, they are trying to achieve something, alot of thesse kind of projects out there are, not just ethereum.

Edit: based on what ethereum currently aims to be, a platform for DAPPS/ smart contracts, i don't think EF aims for it to be "perfectly decentralized", like, having 100k potential validators, each owning ~1k ether. It has to be well enough decentralized, to both avoid centralisation but also to avoid people's perception of centralization since it doesn't go well with the positive sentiment ( look at bTC ). So, it doesn't have to be perfectly decentralized, but currently it's probably one of the most decentralized projects out there, probably along with some other asic resistant projects. Maybe not ETC, it's known a few mining whales in china switched mining on it as a bet. Few months ago when i checked, ethereum had like twice the number of nodes BTC has.
iamnotback

View Profile
January 05, 2017, 10:15:14 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2017, 10:35:08 AM by iamnotback

You can't possibly know wether or not casper is flawed

Yes I can. It is a fundamental taxonomy of possible workarounds to the FLP impossibility result. Read my whitepaper when it is released (although I don't think you will understand it but it is written to be comprehensible for those with reasonable analytical skills).

What @jaekwon (Cosmos/Tendermint) and others may not realize is that the fundamental limitations of Byzantine agreement can't be structured around with protocol. It is a fundamental limitation (due to physics of asynchrony). So they can obfuscate as much as they want with heapings of protocol complexity, so as to hide the fundamentals from themselves. But I understand the essence of genius.

So Casper is hiding the bonding collateral in the notion of betting from collateral, but they won't escape from the fundamental limitation which is that blame can't be objective (it is always ambiguous) in Byzantine agreement. The only alternative to Byzantine agreement is probabilitistic, asymptotic (e.g. PoW and my design which is not PoW but something new). But probabilitistic, asymptotic can't assign blame to malfeasance either (for example you can't prove that Bitcoin miners are censoring transactions from blockchain data objectively, you need external social information which is not objective).

I will double-check my logic on this again when I do the comprehensive re-read of my paper. Will report back here, if I find any flaw in my analysis.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: