Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 05:07:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"?  (Read 79921 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:00:43 AM

Btw, I really appreciate you linking to that YouTube, because it reaffirms one of the major strategies of my project. Let me state what that is by explaining what I disagree with in that video, even though I agree with the premise that users don't want the hassles of apps and that the app barrier to having an entirely open source mobile OS not controlled by any vendor (which is where I think we are headed).

The emergence of chatbots and voice assistants isn't an orthogonal choice to superapps, i.e. these can be a feature of a superapp structure. And superapps and chatbots aren't orthogonal to having millions of independent developers. Instead the superapp is the conceptual structure by which we make integration more efficient for users of all these, i.e. remove as many unnecessary pain points as possible whilst still giving users flexibility to plugin new features and activities. And enable to them to run every where with the same code.

Why do you think I am creating a new programming language that transpiles to JavaScript (i.e. it will run on any device with a browser control). I have very ambitious plans. A long-range objective of my project is to supercede (abstract away and replace) Android and iOS eventually (many years down the line).
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:33:24 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 08:43:30 AM by Fatoshi

I dont know why you bother engaging so much here. There are a few smart people still on here but most have gone and hang out in their respective gulags be that a slack group or personal forum. You would probably be better off creating a slack and start building a real community around your ideas. slack is so much better for collaboration than here.

i see people like you and smart people like come from beyond etc (well i assume hes smart. personally im a dumdass so i go on instinct) and wish you guys could get together and really pool talent instead of all these flawed projects really make something we can all get behind that really makes a dent in the global monetary system instead of all this cock comparing. apologies...im typing on phone.

but yeah i keep thinking you should be bouncing ideas off really smart people like Nick Szabo not wankers like most of us who are chasing the next shitcoin to grow their btc stash. you need higjer level critic and support cause you wont get it here with all the noise.

And of course the risk is if this community doesnt build the ideal scalable system then the banks maybe will....and then we all lose.
mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 11:20:24 AM

He posts here because here are the investors. ATM all he has for many years now is this: ideas. Written down, some of them. He didn't even finish his whitepaper, that alone may take him 1 more year. He is like 3-4 years behind any decent competition, and he is probably alone. No chance to rival anything beside small uncomplicated projects that don't require alot of research / development. His only chance to succeed is this: take a somewhat working project, fork and tweak it then wrap it in a shiny package and voila !
I know he seem like a smart guy ( he probably is ) but he's aware that THIS is his chance to get out of the mud and live a decent life, so he posts here to build hype and get alot of funding. I'm 99.9(9)% confident he won't deliver a working product, best case would be: take a flawed tweaked and existing product and release it as his own and without too much contribution from his side. Maybe something like steem but with changed economics.
As i know, he's well over 50 years old, do you really think he's doing the kind of research buterin does or even compare to him ?
My conclusion: he's an old smart guy that wanna make some money, and this is the way. He won't really deliver, but he will definitely make money out of it.
IadixDev

Activity: 322
Merit: 151

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 11:46:41 AM

I will try to git a shot on how the problem i ran through and what solution i picked in the past years Smiley I have read your whole convo on the git, but your post are often scattered on different places and thread, so i don't know where it's better to answer it Smiley

I hope it doesn't bother you, if you prefer to keep your thread clean on your idea and project, no problem ! Smiley

I will probably end up writing more detailed  and clear paper on this, but i don't have such document for the moment.

The first thing that got me into thinking around this, is the feature in AS3 and also javascript to parse arbitrary json / xml data to runtime class. Like json key/value pairs are called an object , and can be loaded as an object in javascript or AS3, same goes with xml.

My thinking got that the main problem of C and C++ stem from that all the type need to be known at compilation time, and are hard coded by the compiler in the executable, and all the code to access those data is hardcoded to fit with how the compiler want to represent this data internally, and there is no way to know for sure how it is going to end up, and that on many level it's a bad idea, and as it has been said in the discussion on the git, and also from other discussion i seen on other boards, it's generally not a so good idea now day to bet on compiler to be too complex. With the cpu who already have instruction pipelines , can do lot of things with reordering, optimizing cache, pipeline things, it's very hard to know exactly what is on to happen at runtime on silicon level and it's generally better to leave optimization as much as possible in runtime where all the machine state are determined in the course of execution, rather than try to pre order, or pre optimize things through language and compiler who can never take in account execution temporality, and runtime states.

I saw the discussion went on rust too, and there was a very good discussion on this topic on devos too, with a guy who was firm supporter of rust to develop os, but another person explained that in fact the whole concept of rust unsafe code make it actually virtually useless, specially if you want to see the broad picture at system level, it's impossible to have an operating system made only out of safe code, and from the moment you have 'unsafe code' it mean the whole rest of the program is vulnerable to issues in those unsafe zone, which make the real usefulness of rust rather low all together. Maybe for some purpose it can still make memory handling more easier in certain case, but if the application has to make use of any unsafe code, and ultimately there will always be unsafe code executed somewhere in the whole software stack to the cpu, so it's more fake impression of security, or maybe a better way to organize data and code to avoid certain mistake, but certainly not silver bullet.

So the way i went with my things, is to have a whole system of software typed variable ( actually json - like tree of variable), that are totally handled via software instead of relying on compiler built in types and operators, like this the big advantage is that there can be a whole layer above any memory / variable access, with all the runtime information on states of everything and still retaining C in language for maximum portability and performance.

In the system, anytime the application want to use a new variable, or object, or json tree, it create a new typed software variable in the tree, and then get a reference counted pointer to it, in sort to totally eliminate pointer ownership, and it make it very easy to pass a reference to complex json like tree structure with a simple pointer to the root node in the variable tree, and the callee can determine all the content and type at runtime, even if the class or structure or type have never been defined in the language and the compiler have no idea of it.

It's possible to keep track for every of such variable in which function they have been allocated and when, the number of reference to it, as all the access to the variable are made through reference pointer, can relocate the data in memory completely transparently for the application, for doing either temporal optimization, or defragmenting the memory, or to fit with the promise thing in the context of distributed application when you don't have to necessarily know where an object or data is located to be able to access it.

With this system, as all variable access are put out of the hand of compiler specific type, using the system of reference pointers, it become very easy to optimize data access, even through different thread, based on runtime state and information, also in case of threading, or complex interaction, all the data can marked and either 'locked' or 'duplicated' more or less automatically from the moment they are marked as such by the application, and it make it very easy to handle many cases in runtime, rather than trying to have a somehow deterministic approach based on compile time information.

And also it deal with the main problem of C dealing with dynamic data, and it can become very easily bothering when a C program has to manipulate many list of different structure with dynamically allocated size, and direct memory pointer, but with this system, it become totally easy to create as many list of as many different object type with zero bother and zero memory leak.

On the os level, it mean an application can get all the data and states from drivers and kernel level and output them in json like tree, without having to even know anything about the kernel code at all, just knowing the key name used to store the information the application need, i already made a full device explorer rooting from pci bus up to usb device with a single unique UI controller who just display the tree of data coming from bus devices.

I'm also working on system to make all io/dsp like function more transparent, and have good management of io asynch event (network, usb, audio), but that's also another part of the system, it's not that useful all together for blockchain because actually there is not so much many thing that can benefit for parallelisation, as its lot of very sequential operation, so it's not something i'm probably going to dig too deep yet, it's also why i made the raytracing demo to have a toy to play with multi threading and parallelism, but the system of reference pointer and runtime data definition make it also much easier to handle at runtime.

I hope it's not bothering you, and is a least a bit interesting Cheesy Anyway as i said i'm going to write more extensive information on this probably in the next month on my website, it's just quick shot at trying to put it out there, if you have any comment or critic don't hesitate ! Smiley

IadixDev

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 11:51:12 AM

He posts here because here are the investors. ATM all he has for many years now is this: ideas. Written down, some of them. He didn't even finish his whitepaper, that alone may take him 1 more year. He is like 3-4 years behind any decent competition, and he is probably alone. No chance to rival anything beside small uncomplicated projects that don't require alot of research / development. His only chance to succeed is this: take a somewhat working project, fork and tweak it then wrap it in a shiny package and voila !
I know he seem like a smart guy ( he probably is ) but he's aware that THIS is his chance to get out of the mud and live a decent life, so he posts here to build hype and get alot of funding. I'm 99.9(9)% confident he won't deliver a working product, best case would be: take a flawed tweaked and existing product and release it as his own and without too much contribution from his side. Maybe something like steem but with changed economics.
As i know, he's well over 50 years old, do you really think he's doing the kind of research buterin does or even compare to him ?
My conclusion: he's an old smart guy that wanna make some money, and this is the way. He won't really deliver, but he will definitely make money out of it.

A little bit pessimistic no ? Cheesy

mining1

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 12:07:18 PM

No, just realistic. It's the most logic outcome. He really seem like a nice guy so i don't have anything against him. But do you really believe someone profficient in blockchain technology would stay on the sidelines for 7-8 years before actually doing anything ? Do you really think he used all this time to research and build something world changing in the blockchain space as he'd like to think ? All he did so far is point fingers and kept claiming how flawed every project is, without doing much himself. Hey, i can do that and i'm not a programmer.
So the logic outcome is this, assuming he wouldn't outright scam or deliver something insignifiant in an attempt to save face but that couldn't justify the hype nor the funds raised: eventually, with enough hype he can raise few million $, maybe. He then would take something like steem, change it a bit and that's it, best case scenario.
IadixDev

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 12:33:29 PM

No, just realistic. It's the most logic outcome. He really seem like a nice guy so i don't have anything against him. But do you really believe someone profficient in blockchain technology would stay on the sidelines for 7-8 years before actually doing anything ? Do you really think he used all this time to research and build something world changing in the blockchain space as he'd like to think ? All he did so far is point fingers and kept claiming how flawed every project is, without doing much himself. Hey, i can do that and i'm not a programmer.
So the logic outcome is this, assuming he wouldn't outright scam or deliver something insignifiant in an attempt to save face but that couldn't justify the hype nor the funds raised: eventually, with enough hype he can raise few million $, maybe. He then would take something like steem, change it a bit and that's it, best case scenario.

I can't assume a lot about him, i don't know him enough Smiley

Maybe he is someone who already spent thousands hours coding plenty of things, and for whom actual implementation in any language is not really the biggest challenge, vs doing the best research on all the new tech and new idea, to come up with something really well studied and that can benefits from all the mistake and experience of the past with other projects Smiley

Satoshis stayed in the shadow for a while to before to release a true whitepaper and implementation no ? Smiley

Need to avoid jumping too much in the scam paranoia and negative prediction too maybe Cheesy

He doesn't seem too much on the hype technobabble side though Smiley

I know the problem he is talking about are legit issues, but there is not really any silver bullet for those issue today unfortunately, only partial solution who often come with too much draw back for general purpose.

They are very complex issues, and some research is needed on those topics, and i think it completely cross the blockchain world too, because blockchain are bound to evolve as distributed application with all these issue rising, and it's clear i can see there are many projects apparently heading head on full speed into a concrete wall.  Because many issue related to blockchain operation in distributed application rise many complex issue that only have been partially resolved today. I think ethereum is completely a case of this.

fennyllywof-7700

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 06:29:58 PM

I wish "iamnotback" would just shut the fuck up, code and then come up with his Bitcoin killer already.

We don't really need a play by play of all his fucking shit.

Code you faggot and all the idiots on this forum will make you rich beyond your wildest dreams......unless all of this talk is just that...."dreams"....

Prove all your detractors wrong and stop hiding beyond all the bs.

Yes, you were ill but now you are on the mend.

So crack on and CODE!!
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:09:51 PM

I wish "iamnotback" would just shut the fuck up, code and then come up with his Bitcoin killer already.

Code you faggot and all the idiots on this forum will make you rich beyond your wildest dreams......unless all of this talk is just that...."dreams"....

So crack on and CODE!!
Think you just expressed what a thousand readers have thought, over the last few years. Thanks!
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:09:43 PM

So crack on and CODE!!
Think you just expressed what a thousand readers have thought, over the last few years. Thanks!

Legendary my ass.

This is why these ideas are better served in slack...away from legendary morons. What have you done in the last few years. Made a meme of a rocket maybe, fuck off. Have respect for someone far more knowledgeable and probably older than you. Fucking Milenials are gonna ruin the world with their Buzzfuck antics.
Geraldo

Activity: 588
Merit: 272

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:22:54 PM

So crack on and CODE!!

If you dont want to wait you can go somewhere else, or create something on your own If you think its that easy. I personally prefer to wait more to get a great result than getting a shitty/sloppy one from rushing it.
dinofelis

Activity: 770
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 08:52:57 PM

If you dont want to wait you can go somewhere else, or create something on your own If you think its that easy. I personally prefer to wait more to get a great result than getting a shitty/sloppy one from rushing it.

I fully agree. That said, the trap iamnotback may fall into, and I have fallen in such a trap in the past too, is:
"the best is the enemy of the good".
By being too perfectionist, and by being too intelligent to fail to see the flaws in your design, you end up never delivering.  While the guy that is somewhat less smart, and *didn't even see the problem* will deliver something (that will have a problem, true, but everything has problems).  If you hold back, because you have *understood* that your idea has a problem, you're not doing, what the less smart guy or girl is doing without realizing that there was a problem, but delivers, nevertheless.
sui_generis

Activity: 243
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 09:08:15 PM

Real artists ship.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:09:24 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 10:26:45 PM by iamnotback

He posts here because here are the investors.

True, but I don't only post here. I am posting much more in discussions with experts.

he's aware that THIS is his chance to get out of the mud and live a decent life

True, but I already wrote that money isn't a sufficient motivation by itself:

Most people in crypto now are in it for money, it is only Satoshi that is in this because he has the vision, but most people will ask what about the 1 million Bitcoin stash but who has any proof that he has been spending it.

For example, to say I am in it only for the money and not for my vision is going to be mistake on your part.

Creators never do something only for the money. If I mostly wanted money, I would have manipulated with reputation and launched a snazzy ICO already.

In my case, I am doing it for: a) expression of my creativity, b) love of the process and challenge of creating (i.e. not boring), and c) because I want to have an impact. Yes I do need money, but I choose my work based on those a - c as my overriding priorities. I trust society to reward money (capital) to those who prove they allocate capital resources efficiently.

I don't want to make money cheating people. I want to make money helping people. I want to compete in a meritocracy. It is a fundamental difference. A society of fraud collapses into MadMax destruction.

I'm 99.9(9)% confident he won't deliver a working product

The more you write me off, the more motivated I am to shock you.

...but I want to actually succeed in the real adoption market and I see that as I challenge and I want to be victorious as this is my career ending move). I am ready to go for that challenge if I can simply be granted the health so I can go back to doing what I love, which are taking on big challenges and coding voraciously to make them reality.

...For now, I am fighting to get where I want to be. So talking won't really mean anything at this point, other than to set the record straight on what I am dealing with and what I am trying to do.

Lol:

But for example whereas Ethereum never had a consensus system design ever locked down ever. Not even now. I have my whitepaper with the design all spelled out in great detail and locked down already.

He is like 3-4 years behind any decent competition

iamnotback

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:22:38 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2017, 10:49:36 PM by iamnotback

I saw the discussion went on rust too, and there was a very good discussion on this topic on devos too, with a guy who was firm supporter of rust to develop os, but another person explained that in fact the whole concept of rust unsafe code make it actually virtually useless, specially if you want to see the broad picture at system level, it's impossible to have an operating system made only out of safe code, and from the moment you have 'unsafe code' it mean the whole rest of the program is vulnerable to issues in those unsafe zone, which make the real usefulness of rust rather low all together. Maybe for some purpose it can still make memory handling more easier in certain case, but if the application has to make use of any unsafe code, and ultimately there will always be unsafe code executed somewhere in the whole software stack to the cpu, so it's more fake impression of security, or maybe a better way to organize data and code to avoid certain mistake, but certainly not silver bullet.

You are pointing out the brittleness of relying on total orders, because total orders don't exist over the entire universe. The challenges of blockchain consensus is tied into this fact.

But the way we get around this is by forming partial orders (<--- this link contains a link to a presentation on Ethereum's Casper including Vitalik and Greg Meredith from RChain/Synereo).

However with blockchain consensus we need eventual consistency with a total order over all transactions. Blockchain consensus scaling decentralized is a very, very difficult problem to solve. Vitalik has not solved it. Casper (and even Byteball) will only work centralized. He damn well knows that and that is why technobabble research with Greg Meredith is ongoing (they are still searching/researching).
iamnotback

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 11:54:26 PM

I have been following Coval on their slack, Michael Sullivan and Shannon Code seem like guys who just want to build something and not build the next scam.

I'll take a peek. Thanks for the tip. Suggestions on good developers are always welcome. I also have some interest in Steem's core developer (he writes excellent code) and we've exchange comments already on Steemit.

I had commented on Coval in November.

I commented about Shannon Code and even today I still can't find the open source repo.
Fragbait

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 12:21:29 AM

Yeah, and what if he had done what everyone else did instead, started some coin with sub-optimal technology and be now stuck with it, unable to fork away from his investors. Well he could do what many do and that is to just leave the failed project and a lot of people feeling scammed and start a new one, but maybe he's more decent than your average altcoin dev. It is irresponsible to launch a financial instrument knowing it will be a failure. The less qualified devs do not see in advance what will be a failure and won't have such inhibitions against launching new coins.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 01:00:02 AM

I can completely follow this logic. All puzzle parts falling into the right places. To my mind Anonymint would make a great addition in a bigger developper team where the others can set him back on track occasionally. XMR been imaginable at some point in time. That guy has potential, it's just wasted.
IadixDev

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 05:04:36 AM

So crack on and CODE!!

Blockchain is still bit more délicate to handle than the average code. It's almost nasa style where the code must have minimum update and works well everywhere the same, as it directly hold value the code must be really well studied inside and out, and lots of bugs or flaw can easily creep in, and have dramatic conséquences on the functioning of the project.

IadixDev

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 05:17:37 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2017, 07:37:56 AM by IadixDev

You are pointing out the brittleness of relying on total orders, because total orders don't exist over the entire universe. The challenges of blockchain consensus is tied into this fact.

Beyond this, there is the whole Turing Halting pb, and the whole theory saying Turing like computer program are fundamentally unpredictible , even with 100% tape based standalone computer, add interrupt, thread to this, and you are not far from chaos Wink

All framework or high level language do is adding more restriction in the synthaxe to have more determined state and less freedom, to increase predictibility.

But I believe much more in good runtime rather than more complex language and compiler , all expérience like intel atom who wanted to rely on compile time order didn't show very good result.

There are experience with Lisp to define complete grammatical language interpretation that are interesting, but anything in between for me nah  Grin

My goal is more to get to something like this with protocol message parsing based on data definition tree template, to have good runtime type checking, and compiler/system independant code who can be executed in distributed environment with a layer above the compiler to deal with data location/availability/sharing with the layer of the data tree, directly from C language compiled to binary machine code.

https://github.com/iadix/purenode/blob/master/protocol_adx/protocol.c#L1363

With this there is all the comfort of high level language with soft typed reference tree, and still  easy to compile to cross compiler/system  binaries.

But I will probably develop higher level language script at some point to encapsulate modules and api and interface better, I looked into CHARM ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charm_(programming_language) )some time ago, it seemed to fit my purpose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: