Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:49:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"?  (Read 79918 times)
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 05:23:33 PM

I have been following Coval on their slack, Michael Sullivan and Shannon Code seem like guys who just want to build something and not build the next scam.

I'll take a peek. Thanks for the tip. Suggestions on good developers are always welcome. I also have some interest in Steem's core developer (he writes excellent code) and we've exchange comments already on Steemit.

I had commented on Coval in November.

I commented about Shannon Code and even today I still can't find the open source repo.

I think Loyyal is not open source, the platform is centralized I guess, they are moving to counterparty chain. Seems they just use blockchain to organize the complexity of keeping track of loyalty programs, it's a business just utilizing blockchain rather than a crypto project it seems to me.

https://blog.omni.foundation/tag/shannon-code/

I won't defend them anymore cause I don't know his coding talent beyond he worked on Mastercoin and the Loyyal platform. just thought him and Michael Sullivan who first coined the term crowdsale are the kind of guys you mentioned on one post, good guys that act dependable without the hype that you might be looking for. They are busy with Coval and Loyyal anyway. You don't need to reply.

https://blog.omni.foundation/tag/shannon-code/

https://github.com/genecyber

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IadixDev

Activity: 322
Merit: 151

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2017, 05:51:38 PM

Especially if you spend too much time talking on forums.
For example i had worked with some groups before cracking games & app's and i would get pissed off because people would nag you or lure you into chatting on IRC etc.. when i just wanted to work on the code.

Until the late 90's it was still different imo, because internet was restricted, with 56k etc it was not really common to stay connected all day, and it was still expansive /hour, so mostly you would just go on the irc or forum to reach someone you really need to reach or ask a question and disconnect. After with adsl and all the h24 connection and messenger, now the social networking, it become a bit information boulimia :p and too much time wasted in drama, and social / ego issue, I remember at first how the noob were mocked as Blogger who spend their day talking their useless opinion or life on blogs :p now it's hard to find a place where people really talk about project and not who they know, who they follow, or empty Dick contest and drama. Now it's like ten trolls fud der paranoaics and fan boy for 1 tech post at best lol

thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 07:12:20 PM

In his defense though it does require proper thought.
And each idea can be a dead end with wasted time.
A currency concept would require investigation and more than likely the obvious hits you later.. it's a bad idea LOL
I have had a bunch of ideas but the more i thought of them the more holes i punched in the idea.
And the standard is VERY HIGH !

Never a truer word spoken IMO.

I've spent almost 4 years now solving the same problems Shelby is attempting.   I've thrown away more ideas and code than I care to think about.  Some of those ideas are doing the rounds now as the "next big thing" and I threw them away years ago as they weren't good enough or would have issues further down the line.

I think the problem is that because Bitcoin works, and block chains are "good enough" for most things, the perception is that it must be easy...as someones already done it to a sufficient degree.   It's far from easy though and Satoshi most likely took a number of years of R&D, trialing things out, throwing ideas and code away before he got to Bitcoin.

However, Shelby does spend TOO much time on this forum (and others) procrastinating and debating rather than doing!

Even if he has something fundamental that he can turn into a spectacular product he runs the risk of missing the boat and being the Betamax....or worse someone invents Betamax before him and markets it like VHS.

IMO the boat has already sailed...I'm VERY close and I have working code!  Save for some final critical testing a release is now imminent....I know others are also making progress and edging in on what he's trying to achieve too.

I look forward to seeing what you've been working on.  That being said I hope you would be willing consider a name change, because non-phonetic names have less potential to go viral.  If I heard someone talking about eMunie on that train I'd have no idea how it was spelled (could be eMoney, Muney, Monie, Monee, etc) and would be less likely to have it come up in a google search, Steem is a bad name for the same reason (the existence of the gaming platform Steam hasn't done them any favors either).  Bitcoin is great branding; self descriptive, easy to spell/remember, and unique.

True, name is very important. The project needs a cool name. Bitcoin is amazing, nice, simple, clean, it works.
Dash also got a good view on the marketing here, going from darkcoin to Dash was definitely a good change.
Monero sounds kinda funny to me.
Litecoin has a good psychological factor for "silver coin", of course being the "original alt" also helps.
Ethereum is a pretty cool name, too pretentious tho, but it fits the very ambitious project. It sort of sounds like "Elysium" or "Skynet", something scary. "World computer" they call it, fucking Vitalik, what a crazy guy. Unfortunately, maybe it is actually too pretentious and ambitious and that is its main mistake. We'll see.

So yeah, you must find a good name.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 11:22:08 PM

now it's hard to find a place where people really talk about project and not who they know, who they follow, or empty Dick contest and drama. Now it's like ten trolls fud der paranoaics and fan boy for 1 tech post at best lol

Because it is all they are capable of, i.e. it is their form of accomplishment. And they will waste the time of those who are more capable, if we allow them to do so.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 11:24:20 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2017, 12:13:29 AM by iamnotback

they are moving to counterparty chain

Which has security flaws.

I won't defend them anymore cause I don't know his coding talent beyond he worked on Mastercoin

Which some have alleged was a "scam".

When I see guys showing demos in videos instead of code, I know I am not looking at top quality coders. The name "Shannon Code" was a "fluff, no substance" warning sign. There is a remote chance my quick intuitions are incorrect, but I'll wait for some evidence rather than waste my time digging.

If they need closed source at the start, then why all the marketing hype on their Medium page. Seems to me they are more about raising money than accelerating a paradigm and open source collaboration.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 11:29:06 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2017, 08:50:55 AM by iamnotback

Go big or go home.

Personally I want to be onboard the next move from pennies to $130,000. That is only going to happen for the one that becomes a currency.

Don't waste my time with 10 baggers.

Currencies do not necessarily have to have a total order (you don't like that, do you) or hierarchy.  

Bingo!

National currencies were/are the citizen's unit-of-account because it is very costly store your cash flow in a unit-of-account which is not the predominant unit-of-exchange.

Now that we are transitioning to B2C and P2P (C2C) globalized commerce, we need in some areas (especially intangible Internet commerce) a globalized unit-of-account and exchange.

Read that second sentence again and understand the profound implications. The coming moat is no longer national boundaries but tangible versus intangible (Industrial Age versus Knowledge Age) commerce. Also make sure you read my essay in the Economic Devastation thread.

@dinofelis how many social networking apps and accounts do you actively use? Have you used WeChat extensively?

https://steemit.com/life/@sweetsssj/steemit-or-livestreaming-i-choose-steemit-steemit-steemit
https://steemit.com/life/@sweetsssj/wechat-china-s-all-in-one-version-of-whatsapp-whatsapp <--- pay attention to why the West requires a decentralized WeChat!
https://steemit.com/life/@sweetsssj/the-insiders-story-on-china-s-newest-occupation-purchasing-agents

I think you are out-of-touch with what most Millennials do with their time. Many now earn an income online such as for example getting paid for English tutoring on cam, being tipped for doing something outlandish on cam, etc..

For example, in app purchases are a big deal, such as game upgrades (buy a special power to reach the next level, etc).

Google "gamification Farmville" and learn a new field.

That is why I don't think you understand why Bitcoin already had great utility. It enabled me to pay my bills (from funds I had received from people all over the world and had stored in Poloniex or localbitcoins or even a Blockchain.info wallet) without leaving my computer (because I hate to lose hours out in the traffic of SE Asia). If I could, I would purchase everything (even groceries) from my computer.

Here in the Philippines there is so much C2C going on with people buying products from China via dhgate.com, aliexpress.com (and other similar sites) and then reselling it on Facebook, taking COD, bank deposit, and padala (e.g. Western Union) payments. But crypto would be much better for them.

Does the dino in your name mean dinosaur.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 11:43:11 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2017, 01:22:27 AM by iamnotback

Monero sounds kinda funny to me.

Agreed. Never been entirely comfortable with that name. Sounds amateurish (like a board game?). It even feels better to write XMR. (Monero is a technologically sophisticated project with current best-of-breed attempts at decentralization, so the name doesn't seem to fit)

For the open blockchain (i.e. target demographic are the investors, developers, serious participants, and the notion of a new decentralized protocol on the Internet perhaps as revolutionary as the Internet itself), I am already pleased with the name OpenShare. Much better IMO than Steem and better as an open protocol name than the user focused name LBRY.

For the programming language, I've suggested Lucid, Next (or Nxt), Copute, or Async. I predict either Lucid or Async as the likely choice.

On top of the OpenShare blockchain, we will need to build some initial apps which are the face of project from the perspective of the masses who will be joining. Think of the distinction between Steem the blockchain and Steemit the blogging app on the open blockchain.

We currently have a five letter domain name (with a .us extension) which I purchased (for $325) and registered in August 2016. I am not mentioning it because the afair, the .net extension is for sale for roughly $10,000. And the .com is no longer in use by the company who bought out the company who used to use it. Thus it might be purchasable. This name is very brandable and it applies to place where one can find many things and activities they want (and the .us fits IMO in a social context). The name is on par I think with Twitter in terms of brandability.

However, I am not sure if I am entirely satisfied with that 5 letter domain as the initial public face of the project for the masses. I am still contemplating this.

Also the token unit name for OpenShare I suppose will be SHARES. But we also registered the eca.sh domain (years ago) and we've done some research on the history of that name and the trademark and feel confident we can use it, if we wish to.

The conceptual idea of SHARES would be that users come to view their tokens as a reflection of their SHARE of (investment in) the sharing on the Internet. But maybe we come to a conclusion that it is better to emphasize the transactional capability so perhaps ecash, gas, ...

But I like the concept of rewarding each other with a recognition of their sharing value, e.g. “I am paying you 10 shares because I appreciate/value/need what you shared”.

I'd like to see GitHub and other centralized repository sites replaced with a decentralized protocol and apps on top of OpenShare. That will give you some idea of the powerful concept contemplated. The intent is to turn the Internet upside down, where the servers become powerless slaves fulfilling the End-to-End principle and the users (collectively) become the only crucial parts of the system.

This is why it is essential that the consensus design scale decentralized. Something afaik no one else has yet figured out how to do (I can't comment about unreleased designs that I don't know in sufficient detail, e.g. eMunie).
iamnotback

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 01:11:15 AM

Okay that last post seemed to kickstart the open source process. Now I have at least one person contacting me asking about starting to develop apps now.

So it is almost time for me to start a Slack group and kickstart the community. But I have some more ground work to do first. So I'll try to be quiet for a while so I can get more done.

8 - 11 more days on the intensive 4-drugs, and my daily productivity is ramping up.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 02:43:28 AM

I felt I had made enough progress to spill some beans over at Eric's blog:

Coming back one more time, because I've read two comments here about the Bitcoin ecosystem since I left, I've made some progress since, and I think I am probably qualified to talk about what if any work in the Bitcoin and altcoin ecosystem is fundamental enough to warrant ESR's attention.

Quote from: Steve P.
Have you thought about blogging at steemit.com?

I earned up to $2000 per blog, but the opportunity to do so was only during July 2016 when the price had pumped up to $4. Jeff Berwick earned $10,000+ on his first blog and some sexbomb earned $20,000+ for an amateur video about makeup. Some of those who blogged in the couple of months before the price rise ended up grossing $100,000+.

We were only able to cash out 50% of what we earned, because of the original 1 year average weighted delay for earned tokens to become free trading.

There is no more value in blogging on Steem and the price is continuing to decline. IMO, the model is incorrect and the system is controlled by whales.

Bitcoin and all the altcoin designs to date lack long-term decentralization (and Bitcoin is currently undergoing the "scalepocalypse" that I predicted a years ago). It is a fact of nature that resources become power-law or exponentially distributed. This is a fundamental problem which so far inhibits maintaining decentralization of control over consensus protocols. Decentralized paradigms have the property of not being fungibly aggregated (i.e. lacking economies-of-scale), e.g. sex (although this can even be argued to be top-down controlled via religion, mass-media, culture, etc).

I am working on this fundamental problem. I don't expect a panacea. TCP/IP isn't a panacea. We strive for paradigms which serve some real world purpose. I am working on a new statically typed language which will transpile to JavaScript (initially bootstrapped via transpiling to TypeScript) and which is focused on solving concurrency soundness without the total order tsuris of Rust's IMO incorrect borrowing model, as well adding lucid code aspects that aren't in JavaScript such as "everything as an expression", Python indenting instead of brace-delimited, integer types, etc.. All still very early stage and I had disseminated Tuberculosis (and concomitant delirium) for the past several years and didn't get the diagnosis until January 2017 so all my plans are all very speculative at this point. A community of investor support is forming but the open source aspect has not yet begun in earnest (except for some Issues discussion interaction with @keean on Github).
IadixDev

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 04:18:40 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2017, 05:41:10 AM by IadixDev

http://www.1024cores.net/home/scalable-architecture

Just throwing  this here in case you never saw it Smiley

Best site on scalable arch & all Smiley

Locking references to objects which are referenced by other objects, e.g. objects which are elements of an array. To make this work, referenced objects will need to have a (GC weak) reference(s) back to the referencing object(s). So this forms a tree graph and we always lock the root of the tree. If there a circular reference with the root, then locking request fails (i.e. is denied) at run-time.

Of course this means extra runtime overhead when for example adding and removing elements from an array, except for the binary packed structures (i.e. stored by value in place instead of by reference) I proposed (and note that store by value is better for cache locality performance). But exclusively borrowed (for writing or not writing) references will be exempted from this runtime overhead.

That's exactly the principle I follow in my framework. The over head is still ok. My goal was to get performance on same scale than js, and Im more than there, even with the thread safe runtime. Still much slower than direct access, did test with the raytracer & +10millions access / sec, using this tree system for all single variable was 5/10 times slower than direct binary access, but with the benefits it has regarding control of data state, easy conversion from arbitrary json/XML,  and memory safety, it still worth it for anything that is potentially sharable, and for really fast local access, can always use compiler built in type & direct pointer.

Ive been experimenting with this concept a lot, and outside of the still ok runtime overhead, but with now day cache & all it is ok, and it provide only benefits, as well for low level programming, pci bus, drivers, usb, hid etc to application level & network protocol, it's super useful on every level and solve lot of problem with a good runtime Smiley especially to bridge between low level & high level, even to have layer that need to transport complexe object or tree being blind to the data, like message processing, or with json rpc, in a completely low coupling manner.

The pb is C and C++ lack too much runtime meta data to be useful as it for multi thread. It has to use some part in asm like memory barrier, atomic operations, or thing like openmp or language extension to understand the multi thread / dapp problematic. C11 is supposed to fix some part of this, but when ..

And there is not really good general purpose language who really fix all the issues.

Fatoshi

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 05:36:35 AM

Go big or go home.

Personally I want to be onboard the next move from pennies to $130,000. That is only going to happen for the one that becomes a currency.

Don't waste my time with 10 baggers.

Currencies do not necessarily have to have a total order (you don't like that, do you) or hierarchy.  

Bingo!

National currencies were/are the citizen's unit-of-account because it is very costly store your cash flow in a unit-of-account which is not the predominant unit-of-exchange.

Now that we are transitioning to B2C and P2P (C2C) globalized commerce, we need in some areas (especially intangible Internet commerce) a globalized unit-of-account and exchange.

Read that second sentence again and understand the profound implications. The coming moat is no longer national boundaries but tangible versus intangible (Industrial Age versus Knowledge Age) commerce. Also make sure you read my essay in the Economic Devastation thread.

Like the Joseph Jei Ted talk. While I've got nothing in me in area of Bitcoin/technology I can relate to having a nagging 'calling' passion, call it what you want that I have been procrastinating about for some years now and have to make some moves in the right direction soon. I dunno if everyone has the 'big thing' in them in fact I'm pretty sure most don't cause I met so many people who are happy with the small mundane daily joys and seem to want nothing beyond that.

The big test I think for real leaders in any sphere is you have tho put up with a lot of misunderstanding. You can talk your vision as much as you want but most won't get it or simply won't be interested in it (thats cause vision is so individual) only a few and they are the ones in your sphere you need to collaborate with I guess. Stating the obvious I know but we all need nudging along the pathway and cheerleading sometimes, we're human after-all...and all real vision is always reaching for something that seems at times impossible.....thats the point, it has to push past what is already known or done. Vision is often a lonely business.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 05:51:55 AM

My reply.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 07:02:18 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2017, 08:01:47 AM by iamnotback

As I am reading back over the 3000+ posts of discussion between (mostly) @keean and myself from the September and October 2016 period, I was clearly getting very frustrated with the rate of progress + my illness and eventually had to quit at the start of November, so I could go focus on researching and writing the white paper, which I stopping working on at the end of December. January trip to Singapore, diagnosis, treatment began Jan. 21 and here we are early March and I am starting to regain my health and some of my clear mind and productivity (not 100% yet but there are encouraging signs).

they are the ones in your sphere you need to collaborate with I guess ... Vision is often a lonely business.

The necessary productive work is done by collaborating with those who are also working at the same technological level. It is best if you are pretty much working decentralized (some minimal level of synchronization) and have a mutual incentive to collaborate on open source.

It is lonely when you can't actually code because of illness which was the case for me the past couple of years at least. Because the do-ers are not attracted to the talkers. For a former overachiever do-er who was handicapped by a illness acquired at mid-age, it is like a super-athlete with a speech impediment being put in a straight jacket. You go fucking crazy. But this problem appears to be melting away and damn does it feel good.

Again I think it is very difficult for someone to understand how someone could type yet not code. I don't know how to let someone who has never had chronic delirium understand it. You can't possibly understand that which you have not experienced. Tell the child to not touch the hot stove but they don't understand what the feeling of burn feels like. Once they understand it really fucking hurts for days, they have an appreciation which they lacked before the experience.

To experience chronic fatigue delirium for an extended period of time so you can appreciate the debilitating effects, I think you need to go give yourself a salmonella infection while also poisoning yourself with some toxins and double up with some amoebas and a few other GI infections and sustain this for about a month. Then maybe you'll have some slight appreciation. But do it for 3 years nonstop, then I'll consider you my health ailment peer.

Note there are those who are in a much worse predicament than me. I can't fathom their suffering. I suffered so much and I don't even want to remember it. So I see what these sufferers are going through and I can't even tolerate thinking about it. I feel for them but I don't even want to feel for them. I have no reserve of strength to suffer more (really if they didn't cure this I was getting tired of fighting) to even entertain the thought of suffering. I want to be far away from it for a long while. Perhaps the example of Jesus wasn't to emulate him but to realize he suffered for us, because we aren't capable of suffering all of it (no matter how strong we think we are). I am not becoming religious again, just saying.

If I will become wealthy, I think I must pay for the surgery for those who suffering such this man who will soon go blind without surgery to remove tumors from his face. How could you make this man a little bit happy. The gravity of it.

The world isn't so neatly ordered as we may want it to be. It is a journey, not a comparative level or one-right-way. High horses are for those too blind to see their pedestal teetering on stilts in quicksand. Babylon.

I need remind myself of this and stay grounded.
Fern

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 07:49:42 AM

Are you aware of 'Enigma' code which is used by Cloakcoin? It's a P2P, decentralized & off-blockchain mixing service. Users can voluntarily partake in helping others complete an anonymous transaction so no 3rd party required.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 12:15:21 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2017, 01:09:38 PM by iamnotback

I don't have much tolerance for professionals who habitually waste my time (I'm tolerant within reasonable limits of course). This will become especially more true as my clarity of incisive logic is returning as my (cognitive) health improves. @keean is clearly very knowledgable, but afaics he feels it is okay for him to blame his lack of precise organization on me. We must be very incisive, organized and holistic in our technical posting, otherwise we cause a proliferation of noise and waste.

Two months (Sept, Oct) were consumed in 2016 (after weeks of prior discussion on the Rust forum) and nothing concrete to show for it.

Although some of my frustration and limited patience (also limited cognitive energy) last year was due to being very ill with disseminated Tuberculosis (and not knowing what illness I had), it also true that I got frustrated (but expressed a mea culpa awareness) that we expended months and weren't able to home in on some priorities wherein we could deliver a production code capable advance within that time frame. It was as if we had no opportunity cost consideration. Nor were we realistically accessing our available manpower resources.

Edit: I think perhaps this post helped pull @keean to understanding my mood and urgency.
IadixDev

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 04:43:02 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2017, 07:26:00 PM by IadixDev

... even when it might forsake readability and increases the complexity for an open source reader to understand the source code. We are in an age of sharing code, so the lucidness of code is an essential axis on our multi-dimensional space of design objectives. And as Eric S. Raymond says, “the ease with which you can read your code six months later” is the “most important metric of a [programming] language bar none”. He also speaks disparaging about C++, “long-term maintainability of C++ code: terrible”. For those who don’t know, ESR changed the world at least once.-

The main problem of c++ with this to me is that it can hide lot of implicit and potentially unefficient / unsafe code, even if it can give a better impression of readibility, it's not always that obvious to know what is actually going to be compiled and executed. And in the end, it doesn't solve that much core issues with dead locks, memory leak, good resources management etc. Just avoid certain mistake and synthaxic deficience of C compilers.

But the real main issue with multi thread is that with current operating system, you dont have that much hand on the task switcher, and cant control the execution schedule at all and with the interupt based preemption, it can switch to any thread anytime, and there is very little you can do about it.

There are potentially way to work around this, but it's long topic lol

With my micro kernel I recoded à task switcher,  and it can be easy to disable task switching during certain critical section, which avoid lot of problem with visibility of local states, and can give much more as3/js feeling with asynchronous call back rather than interupt preemption who can switch to anything anytime. Im not sure how this behavior can be adapted for execution of binary machine codr with current operating system kernel.

( http://www.emn.fr/z-info/bossa/acp4is-scheduling.pdf )

The best example of system like this i can think of is direct show with the filter graph, it allow good scheduling of execution with explicit  typing, using com IDL, and massive sur typing . But the code with c++ is still indigest lol and it needs to be in cahoot with the kernel & drivers to works well.

If you are looking for high level language the most basic made with all those issue in mind,  there the ACPI aml language, and there are open source interpreter,  it can give good idea of simple hardware level language who deal with smp, threading, timeout, events,interupt etc even if the synthaxe remain very basics,  it is still good lean & mean base for this kind of languages.

https://acpica.org/documentation

5.6 ACPI Event Programming Model

thejaytiesto (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 06:20:39 PM

OpenShare sounds cool to me, it is clean and descriptive. Lucid sounds elegant, the SHARES token is also clean, descriptive, sort of like a standard. Personally I like 3 letter tokens  but I guess there is not much space left since due so many altcoins existing tons of token names are already taken.

Im not sure if I asked this since I have bad memory but I would like to know (you probably addressed this in other posts so you can just link it), if the model is deflationary or what, and what is the total supply, how coins are created, at what rate etc.

I think there is a psychological factor in how those variables are tuned. I think people tend to like total supplies that are around XX millions due bitcoin setting the precedent, and they expect bigger prices per unit that way, even tho ultimately all that matters is marketcap and it is the same if the supply was bigger, it would just be divided by a bigger number so the price per coin would be smaller. But like I said before, there is something psychological or something. In my mind total supplies like bitcoin weight more (as in physical weight), and bigger supplies like MAID or whatever, weight less... weird I know, but the feeling is there. Bitcoin makes me think of pieces of gold, and coins with huge amounts of total supply make me feel of something not as solid, more portable.
PoW also makes me think the coin is more heavy, PoS makes it weight less... etc.
I hope this makes sense, just want to know if you considered any of this. Maybe this is all irrelevant but I find those psychological perceptions into intangible things interesting and wonder if they really make a difference when investing. I know there's people that only invest in PoS coins, with XX millions total supply, a known total supply (no coin generation past that fixed number) and a coin release similar to bitcoin because otherwise they think it's a waste of time since they will not appreciate with time so they will not get rich. zcash was an example of a disaster when those parameters are not properly set, looks like the coin will stagnate forever regardless of its technology while the marketcap grows.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/zcash/

I know this post is sort of a mess cause I didn't sleep for 25 hours due the ETF so im going to bed. At least I made 1.5 BTC, USDT was good enough to get the job done without a poloniex verified account. I wish I risked more but oh well.
IadixDev

They're tactical

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2017, 06:35:21 PM

Im not sure if I asked this since I have bad memory but I would like to know (you probably addressed this in other posts so you can just link it), if the model is deflationary or what, and what is the total supply, how coins are created, at what rate etc.

I think the overall idea is how to write code that is both efficient, scalable, and can define these properties and operations in non ambiguous, easy to read and modify manner.

Fatoshi

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 07:40:34 PM

How about the name Shelbies..........shortened to Shels as in Sats.

Also has that connection to Shells as in one of the first recognized currencies. I was kind of joking as I typed this but now I'm not so sure.  Cheesy
iamnotback

View Profile
March 11, 2017, 11:58:33 PM

At least I made 1.5 BTC, USDT was good enough to get the job done without a poloniex verified account. I wish I risked more but oh well.

If Poloniex gets hacked, BTC is going to crater again. More likely to happen at the $2000+ level if one presumes hacking exchanges is not just random and is the way big interests fight each other.

I have devised a technology that can eliminate the possibility for hacking exchanges, by keeping the control over the private key always with the owner of the tokens and employing a new variant of a payment channel I devised so the trades with the exchange can be executed autonomously and instantly without needing to wait for the blockchain.

So then all we need to do is get the exchange to adopt this technology but I expect they will be unwilling to do it, because I think the exchanges love trading with our tokens and love the ability to hack themselves and steal our tokens.

So therefor, I think the community is going to need to be ready to create a new exchange at some point in the future. Somebody should take advantage of this opportunity, because the investors will likely move to an exchange that provides this improvement in security. I can't do everything by myself. I don't want to create and run an exchange.

If you've wanted to compete with Poloniex and have the best exchange, maybe this will be your opportunity. If Poloniex will embrace the technology, then I will be pleasantly surprised.

I am going to be providing many opportunities for we the community to take back control and earn money in the process of advancing our individual power. That is one of my motivations and it ties back into why I think I can inspire people. (assuming my cognitive health will return to 100% so that I can fulfill my obligations/plans)

I admire those creative guys who make these Bruce Wanker videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7yVyIPATWc
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: