Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:12:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think "iamnotback" really has the" Bitcoin killer"?  (Read 79918 times)
Traxo

Activity: 568
Merit: 703

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:42:07 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2018, 06:12:22 PM by Traxo
Merited by contraband (5)

I think in time BTC will fade away as each of the characteristics that make it #1 now will be replaced one by one, as they are more effective in other projects.

@anonymint told me to tell you that he thinks Bitcoin will remain the reserve currency because it was created by the powers-that-be and they control the mining.
It has an insurmountable lead and ecosystem network effects w.r.t. to capitalization and finance.
That is why he is aiming his project more for use of tokens on Internet activity that have less to do with finance.
Have you seen his post explaining the flaws of Steem:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1558366.msg35209024#msg35209024

Iamnotback has the ability to start a coin now that could sit in the top five[...]

Those saying hes nuts are waaaaaayyy off.

He is very logical, rational, and of course, sane.

@anonymint wrote to me in chat that he appreciates your comments.

And he is very much aware of the weaknesses and issues of balance you cited.
As always the single biggest factor was the fact that he was extremely ill with TB that had spread to his gut and caused cysts all over his liver and spleen.
These caused massive health problems that are best equated to being shit faced drunk continuously and having constant problems like severe diarrhea, etc.
He had this illness from probably 2010 or so but didn’t suspect TB and no doctor did either until he had the funds to go to Singapore in January 2017.
By then, the TB had eaten away his internals for years.
He had suffered for years.
He completed very liver toxic antibiotic regimen by mid-2017 and it was a very slow process of trying to heal but as of Dec he still had cysts on the MRI.
He has continued to improve but very slowly.
And in past 2 months he is back to working daily and reasonably alert.
The health issues are reducing but he is 53 years old and so he is not able to produce as he was if totally healthy and younger.
He estimates that he is about at 33 - 50% productivity of his healthier younger years.
And the health improvement appears to be getting close to a point of stability and towards normalcy.
This month should be very productive. And hopefully every month will inch closer to 80 - 100% health.

A person suffering delirium can’t delegate because they can’t keep up with the mgmt load.
The health factor is why you saw the worst of him over the past years especially from 2015 forward when he was battling the severe delirium and trying to remain productive.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gaconup123

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 12:12:46 PM

He created another accnt, "BitNet official ", but all the posts & threads by him are gone :p
bosua283suabo

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:19:34 AM

I don't know who is "Bitcoin Killer" but the other dude sure mastered the art of walltexting. I read a couple messages of his and i agreed in general but walling and walling message after message i'm just tired of scrolling down, so i had no choice but ignore him.
sdjkhxz8977777

Activity: 33

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:46:00 AM

Oops, I didn't take the time to read all 12 pages, but regarding the financial elite turning off financial transfers in a doomsday scenario, thus forcing miners to turn off their machines, why wouldn't the electric provider accept Bitcoin or litecoin as payment for their service?
Traxo

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:27:40 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 03:35:28 PM by Traxo

I don't know who is "Bitcoin Killer" but the other dude sure mastered the art of walltexting. I read a couple messages of his and i agreed in general but walling and walling message after message i'm just tired of scrolling down, so i had no choice but ignore him.

He asked me to ask you if you also fail to comprehend this:

https://steemit.com/programming/@anonymint/c-is-not-a-low-level-programming-language

Oops, I didn't take the time to read all 12 pages, but regarding the financial elite turning off financial transfers in a doomsday scenario, thus forcing miners to turn off their machines, why wouldn't the electric provider accept Bitcoin or litecoin as payment for their service?

As of today, everyone who wants to spend BTC in the general economy pretty much has to convert it to fiat first because 99.9% of the entities in the world do not accept it.
So fiat is still in control for the moment.
This may change someday, but who knows how many decades in future that will be.
The electricity provider would at this time only accept BTC if they know they can convert it to fiat to pay their employees, investors, bills, suppliers, etc..
Is it really that difficult to understand? Should be obvious no?

contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:25:57 AM

Ill apologize in advance, as Im not trying to offend anyone by asking if youre just joking around? Maybe?

Or maybe Im just missing something, because its difficult for me to take you serious, when you propose that the elite would "turn off financial transfers" and simultaneously have the electric companies begin to accept crypto as payment?

Thats why Im saying that its not some rude joke on my part, when I ask if you are being serious or not?
nguyenhoa24888

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:16:01 AM

Well idk what format you want to use to define the api then ? ( to start somewhere)

Yes,  otherwise Yes see you in 6 month when you have code and an api to show.
dothihanh1811

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:46:02 PM

ust trying to goad you Shelby... don't take it personal. You are the only reason some of us come here! Grin Good luck with your health, and get coding!
yahata142

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:39:12 AM

"World computer" they call it, fucking Vitalik, what a crazy guy. Unfortunately, maybe it is actually too pretentious and ambitious and that is its main mistake.
Traxo

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 05:24:52 PM

@anonymint was dragged into a debate/discussion about why all extant consensus algorithms are winner-take-all centralization.

It is worthwhile to read that debate/discussion because it will give readers insight into why his project could be so important
and also educate readers on the flaws in extant consensus algorithms and crypto projects, including but not limited to the flaws in Bitcoin's proof-of-work, Hashgraph, side-chains, Cosmos, NEM, Lightning Networks, block size debate, Iota, Raiblocks, DPoS that powers Steem & EOS, etc.

Specifically the last few posts of the debate very educational.

IMPORTANT:
in a shocking debate with Martin Armstrong and including Tom Luongo's blog which was featured on ZeroHedge today,
@anonymint has today explained why Bitcoin is already the defacto new international reserve currency and the implications.
sensei

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:00:20 PM

The hardest affair is always to find the error and its bottom line, change harder whether its intent into a movie try snap slab.
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:05:43 PM

I do not think anything about the fact that some kind of project can really damage bitcoin, because throughout the history there have been a lot of projects that were really populists, but they are still behind, and some simply did not become.
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 01:49:42 AM

@anonymint was dragged into a debate/discussion about why all extant consensus algorithms are winner-take-all centralization.

It is worthwhile to read that debate/discussion because it will give readers insight into why his project could be so important
and also educate readers on the flaws in extant consensus algorithms and crypto projects, including but not limited to the flaws in Bitcoin's proof-of-work, Hashgraph, side-chains, Cosmos, NEM, Lightning Networks, block size debate, Iota, Raiblocks, DPoS that powers Steem & EOS, etc.

Specifically the last few posts of the debate very educational.

IMPORTANT:
in a shocking debate with Martin Armstrong and including Tom Luongo's blog which was featured on ZeroHedge today,
@anonymint has today explained why Bitcoin is already the defacto new international reserve currency and the implications.

Great to see anonymint is still active in the cryptosphere, that guy is a true legend, can't wait to see his project launch, hope his health allows him to continue working on it.
Traxo

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 08:37:26 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2018, 09:27:15 AM by Traxo

Ethereum's Casper shit is more of the same proof-of-stake (nothing-at-stake or centralization by economic weight, e.g. DPoS) nonsense. The betting stuff enables what Vitalik refers to as "dark uncles" or "dunkles", which Vitalik incorrectly thinks will solve the nothing-at-stake problem. Also Casper has the problem that all deterministic finality PoS and Byzatine agreement systems have, which is a 33% liveness threshold which if that many validators balk or stop processing, then the chain can't move forward without a hard fork.

Major casper issues have already been solved, i think you're stuck with 2015 infos about casper. https://medium.com/@VitalikButerin/minimal-slashing-conditions-20f0b500fc6c
https://github.com/ethereum/research/blob/master/casper4/simple_casper.v.py
https://github.com/ethereum/wiki/wiki/Proof-of-Stake-FAQ

Also casper does not assume rational attackers, so if a 51% attack happens in POS, at curent prices, the attackers would have to burn 100-500mil $. In which case they would rather do it now than later because it would cost them 10 times less. With ~30$ mil you can even attack bitcoin.

@anonymint tells me in private chat that Vitalik hasn’t solved anything. Here are some of his initial thoughts:

https://medium.com/@shelby_78386/i-dont-see-how-it-s-plausible-for-parallel-forks-of-the-hash-chain-to-be-finalized-concurrently-cb57afe9dd0a
https://medium.com/@shelby_78386/first-apparently-youre-not-aware-that-the-casper-slasher-design-work-appears-to-be-fundamentally-c2a72d18f5fa
https://medium.com/@shelby_78386/the-caveat-though-is-that-when-the-attacker-can-fork-the-vested-interests-of-some-of-the-users-9340dd037a61
https://medium.com/@shelby_78386/ftfy-for-the-both-to-be-finalized-then-at-least-%E2%85%94-of-the-validator-set-of-the-parent-block-must-6da5da9197cc
https://medium.com/@shelby_78386/my-analysis-of-vitaliks-logic-doesn-t-allow-for-new-stakers-to-restart-the-stalled-chain-91016ee63587

And he says a new blog is coming that will detail many more flaws in the plans for sharding in Ethereum.

I have news for you folks. Vitalik Buterin is not a human being. He is an alien from a galaxy on the other side of the universe. He came here through a portal to save our world.

Again from @anonymint:
"After reviewing the above links, I think you will be sad to learn that Vitalik is human, fallible, and apparently quite inept at designing a new blockchain consensus algorithm."

@anonymint asked Elon Musk if he would like to collaborate:

https://twitter.com/iamnotback/status/1000312347485847553

@anonymint remarked:
"I know he won’t collaborate. I’m just trolling him because I presume he wasn’t imagining what happens when we decentralize his concept. Also I think he’s probably just political grandstanding. And I just want him to kick himself later. As Warren Buffett kicks himself for not buying Amazon."

EDIT:

@anonymint informed me that he added a very significant EDIT in the middle of that linked Medium post,
wherein he analyzed the OmniLedger (and Byzcoin) consensus ledger design in the context of his rebuttal of Vitalik's blog.
It turns out that OmniLedger is exactly the same as the design @anonymint had conceived of as of early 2016,
but he had discarded that design due to some flaws which he explains in the new EDIT.
He also explains how his current design improves upon those remaining flaws in OmniLedger and EOS.
Traxo

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 07:31:35 PM

@anonymint has written a comprehensive blog analyzing the extant projects and consensus ledger designs.
This exemplifies the depth of his research and expertise, as well pretty much points out that
there's nothing yet published in our industry which can achieve all three of: scalability, security, and decentralization.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/scaling-decentralization-security-of-distributed-ledgers
Traxo

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:50:54 PM

@anonymint has split the recent blog into two parts because it exceeded the maximum length in bytes of a Steemit blog.
Part 2 now has a more complete explanation and analysis of how Byteball works which was extracted and improved from his CRED 2016 whitepaper rough draft.
Also an analysis of Hashgraph will be added:

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/scaling-decentralization-security-of-distributed-ledgers-part-2
tigertigertiger

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:37:50 AM

Hey Traxo,

Can you ask Shelby when he plans to publish his project? Will it be in 2018? Because his plan was to do it end of 2016. I know its hard to give a timeline to something that big, but atleast an estimated timeframe would be nice. Also is Cred still the name or did he just not change it in his recent articles?
jessicaldiaseso

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:58:20 AM

Indeed a populist sentiment includes the notion that it is against the best interests of all participants to do anything that kills the system. Which probably explains why our past known-majority miner (Discus Fish?) turned back from their position of mining majority without ever forming an attack from their assuredly-successful posture.
contraband

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528

Community Manager: ETN

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 03:50:01 PM

@anonymint has written a comprehensive blog analyzing the extant projects and consensus ledger designs.
This exemplifies the depth of his research and expertise, as well pretty much points out that
there's nothing yet published in our industry which can achieve all three of: scalability, security, and decentralization.

https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@anonymint/scaling-decentralization-security-of-distributed-ledgers

Thanks!!!
thuhoai1332003

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:11:56 PM

crypto increasingly attractive in the world. increasingly tempted people will easily get the money, the more easily cryptocurrency has a high price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: