Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:38:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Bounty] New GPU Miner - Scrypter  (Read 3683 times)
DarkKnight (OP)

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:35:15 PM

This is a new OS and of course it will not be perfect right out of the box. if people like you tried helping the opensource community maybe the OS would have more features you want. instead of trying to make a quick buck to benefit yourself and wasting time taking on a Project by your self. How is working by your self more efficient than a open source team?Hello World, Linux is by far an easier system to use once you know how, not to mention is less destructive on your HDD. Some of you hacks would know that if you would break the Microsoft umbilical and learn how to use a computer. Please go on telling me more about how you use Windows 8 an OS for touch devices not gear at all for mining and how this is better than a OS that is always being developed for for mining only?

It's not a new OS, it's an old one. It's not even a new distribution, nor is it being actively developed. You're accusing me of trying to "make a quick buck"? Idiot... Perhaps if you had as much reading comprehension as you do self-righteous anger, you'd understand what I posted the bounty for. Where the hell is your contribution Mr. 9 posts?  Where is your effort to do anything for someone besides yourself?

Let me break it down for you. I put up money, not a fortune, but certainly not insignificant, to help fund an OPEN SOURCE application that everyone, even you would be free to use. I asked for donations from the community to help encourage a developer to take the project seriously. No one, NOT ONE PERSON donated even a satoshi, or sent me a line of code. Nothing has been done by anyone, because the only thing that gets people moving on the forum is money. Everyone wants to take, users mostly want free mining software and developers mostly want to get paid. No... I was foolish to think that a community so focused on making money would ever spend a cent to help itself out.

As to Linux vs Windows.. really? You are going to sit there and preach that it's sooo much better of an OS and that people need to learn to use it, while at the same time asking questions because you can't figure it out yourself.

Quote from: bitmaster222
Does any one know of better directions for unix GUI install. The read me for unix install only gives a list of dependencies and
says to use qmake and make, Feels pretty vague. I believe i have the terminal wallet working but no idea what commands to use.

Linux is better at *some* things, Windows at others. I use Windows 8 only because 8 will let you run one more card than Win 7. The Metro/Modern UI is crap, but when I need to do something, I don't have to dick around on forums and spend useless hours trying (for example) to get a goddamn driver update. I just download the update, install it and it's ready to go. I use monitoring programs that are written for Windows. Plain and simple, Linux is not in anyway user friendly. It's continued reliance on the damned CLI after 20+ years of GUIs is the exact problem. Even BIOS FFS has moved on to GUIs. Commodore, yes Commodore from the 80's had a GUI developed for it (GEOS). But Linux...no, the CLI is superior -- except it's not; it's obsolete.

You know the one thing, the very one thing I don't have to do on Windows, well almost never? Build from source. I don't have to worry about endless dependencies, or if I have the right build environment, with the right version of GCC. Programmers don't automatically expect everyone to build a windows app from source. Does it make sense for a thousand people to waste time building the same application over and over, or just one person to do it? I *do* know how to use Linux, and I don't. Even knowing how to use it, how to install git, download the source, and build applications. That's the problem with Linux, it wastes my fucking time. It's wasting my time right now, trying to convince an arrogant douche that he's wrong. It's pointless really, so I won't bother any more.

For every good intentioned person that genuinely wants to help, there are ten more that just want to take the entire tray of free samples and keep walking. Here, not even the good intentioned people are actually helping. I see now there is little point in even giving it another week; so, the bounty is officially closed.

If any serious developer out there is interested in building a new client, get in touch with me via PM. It will be contracted work. You must reside in the continental US, be willing to sign an NDA & Non-compete, and have a realistic estimate on time/price to complete the work.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gazza1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:59:48 PM

Linux isn't user friendly but once you start and get the hang of the basics, you'll never go back, for mining that is.  It's so easy to just pull up a master ssh window from my windows pc and control all my mining rigs at once, literally.  No dicking around with windows bs.  Cheesy

Impossible is a word found only in the dictionary of fools.
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:13:19 PM

KDE is far more user-friendly than Mac/Windows.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: