Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:48:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mirrax's HIGH RISK altcoin investment guide for 2017  (Read 99455 times)
gjsteele71

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 01:44:44 PM

Nexus is my biggest holding and is a no-brainer investment.  It is the only coin I found building itself to be quantum computer proof, and I feel almost every other coin is potentially at risk.  Here is a simple explanation about what is going on with NXS...

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@gjsteele71/nexus-crypto-currency-simplified-a-guide-for-everyone

Not on the list is BitBay (BAY).  The problem with BAY is two years ago the original founders took all the funds and left.  These thieves did not count on the lead dev sticking it out and continuing to work on BAY, and were ticked when they found out.  They have been badmouthing the developer and selling the millions of BAY they left with, keeping the price below 100 sats intentionally, and keeping it off of everyone's radar.  They have sold almost all they had though, and will soon no longer have that leverage.

BitBay has a fully functioning Client that creates Smart Contracts and is years ahead of what anyone else is doing in this area.  Updates are coming out this week to prepare for a more secure PoS upgrade later in the month.  Later this year the work on price pegging will begin and hopefully be completed.  There is a marketing campaign in the works to let everyone know about BAY.  I think it is the best bargain out there.

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@gjsteele71/bitbay-altcoin-interview-exclusive-q-and-a-with-lead-bay-developer-david-zimbeck

Micro Cap Crypto Reviews - http://www.MicroCapCrypto.com

Crypto Currency News Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/Crypto_Currency_News/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
myriadcoin

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:47:28 PM

UIS is cool, but there's nothing insane about Myriad's emission model. It's actually very similar to Monero's but with halvings every 2 years instead of smoothing. There's a halving coming up in 2 weeks.

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:03:52 PM

UIS is cool, but there's nothing insane about Myriad's emission model. It's actually very similar to Monero's but with halvings every 2 years instead of smoothing. There's a halving coming up in 2 weeks.

I think maybe he was referring more to the total number of coins. Some people just hate big numbers I guess.
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 10:28:11 PM

Thoughts about NXT?

Chart is kinda flatlining and with ignis distribution incoming, it looks like an easy double, if not more.
myriadcoin

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:34:06 PM

I think maybe he was referring more to the total number of coins. Some people just hate big numbers I guess.

Big numbers, big ambitions. Myriad will win in 2017, bigly. UIS probably also. NeoScrypt sounds kinda boring though.

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 11:42:42 PM

Big numbers, big ambitions. Myriad will win in 2017, bigly. UIS probably also. NeoScrypt sounds kinda boring though.

Yea, but I think Mirrax is balls deep in feathercoin, which is probably why he's pushing for it, re: neoscrypt.
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 03:34:05 AM

Yea, but I think Mirrax is balls deep in feathercoin, which is probably why he's pushing for it, re: neoscrypt.

Feathercoin isnt the only Neoscrypt coin, although its probably the biggest/most common. I see nothing wrong with Neo, its ASIC "resistant" and GPU mineable.

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
Conqueror (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 08:36:05 AM

Feathercoin isnt the only Neoscrypt coin, although its probably the biggest/most common. I see nothing wrong with Neo, its ASIC "resistant" and GPU mineable.

Well i have about 8% of my holdings in FTC. So far Neoscrypt looks like most appealing alternative to Qubit, but this issue is still open to discussion.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 03:15:23 PM

Well i have about 8% of my holdings in FTC. So far Neoscrypt looks like most appealing alternative to Qubit, but this issue is still open to discussion.

I understand the desire to dump Qubit, since nzsquirrell seems pretty anti-ASIC, and there are now ASICs for Quark and Qubit (and X11) for the last year or so. There are certainly a lot of alternatives to just inserting another generic GPU-targeted algorithm, like Neoscrypt, especially since UIS already all GPU algos besides yescrypt (although some are probably FPGA-mineable as well). Could do something with some GPU/CPU parity, like cryptonight, or something like the BURST proof-of-capacity algo that uses HD space, or something completely different. I guess ultimately it's basically up to nzsquirrell, since he will probably be the one who implements any change...
Conqueror (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 01:15:01 PM

Nexus is my biggest holding and is a no-brainer investment.  It is the only coin I found building itself to be quantum computer proof, and I feel almost every other coin is potentially at risk.  Here is a simple explanation about what is going on with NXS...

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@gjsteele71/nexus-crypto-currency-simplified-a-guide-for-everyone

Not on the list is BitBay (BAY).  The problem with BAY is two years ago the original founders took all the funds and left.  These thieves did not count on the lead dev sticking it out and continuing to work on BAY, and were ticked when they found out.  They have been badmouthing the developer and selling the millions of BAY they left with, keeping the price below 100 sats intentionally, and keeping it off of everyone's radar.  They have sold almost all they had though, and will soon no longer have that leverage.

BitBay has a fully functioning Client that creates Smart Contracts and is years ahead of what anyone else is doing in this area.  Updates are coming out this week to prepare for a more secure PoS upgrade later in the month.  Later this year the work on price pegging will begin and hopefully be completed.  There is a marketing campaign in the works to let everyone know about BAY.  I think it is the best bargain out there.

https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@gjsteele71/bitbay-altcoin-interview-exclusive-q-and-a-with-lead-bay-developer-david-zimbeck

Thank you for interesting pick, seems like quite complicated story.
I guess i will do some research on that one Smiley
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 08:18:45 PM

I'll throw this in the ring one more time, would like to hear your thoughts:

Thoughts about NXT?

Chart is kinda flatlining and with ignis distribution incoming, it looks like an easy double, if not more.
Conqueror (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 03:34:50 PM

I'll throw this in the ring one more time, would like to hear your thoughts:

Thoughts about NXT?

Chart looks interesting but i do not have any real opinion on NXT or Ardor.
Not buying any of those at the moment. Observing only.
Conqueror (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 09:38:37 PM

Something fresh straight from NXS slack:

Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 09:07:19 PM

Thank you for interesting pick, seems like quite complicated story.
I guess i will do some research on that one Smiley

BAY has a dramatic and complicated past, and is still held accountable for mistakes made by people no longer associated with its development.  While this lingering doubt sometimes makes it difficult for the team to attract interest, it is hard for anyone looking into BitBay to ignore the impressive work already done. And there is a lot more in progress
loki0505

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 07:55:09 PM

great list. i actually agree with all the coins you have listed.  I would also like to ask, have you heard of Plutons [PLU]:

plutus.it

thoughts on this?  I see this going pretty big in 2017 and beyond.  Thanks again
458Italia

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2017, 09:30:34 PM

STRATIS (STRAT - 6200sats) Currently listed on Poloniex & Bittrex.  This coin will X3-X5 within the next few months as marketing efforts have yet to commence. 

Stratis offers full service capabilities for the development, deployment and management of blockchain applications and solutions utilizing C# on the .Net framework. Essentially Stratis is building the platform to allow businesses end-to-end blockchain solutions through their Stratis Token.  Notably, Stratis has Nicolas Dorier (Bitcoin Core Dev) writing their C# & NStratis code for them (Huge to have a BTC Maximalist on board).

As of this week, the full node for Stratis is complete and currently being tested with SegWit already implemented (first coin to do this). Many missed Stratis and are unaware of this Token because of the lack of marketing being done currently.  However CEO Christopher Trew stated that there is no need to market until the code is complete. I think this is a huge potential coin that has the ability to hit $1 per token (currently 5 cents). 

FYI they are attending the BlockchainExpo in London later this month to talk (for the first time publicly) about the solutions that Stratis brings companies that are looking to build an out of the box, decentralized Blockchain.

BitcoinTalk - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1512202.0
Website - https://stratisplatform.com//
Whitepaper - https://stratisplatform.com//files/Stratis_Whitepaper.pdf
Roadmap - https://stratisplatform.com/2016/10/19/the-stratis-roadmap-2016-2017/
Slack - https://stratisinvite.herokuapp.com/
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 01:02:55 AM

Not sure I agree with Steem. Typically coins that have a massive pump like Steem did don't have another one. Probably because so many people bought at too high a price that there's a constant sell pressure as the price goes up by people trying to get out with their money back. Keep hearing about Nexus. Lots of people seem to be wild about it. Decent list though.
ChekaZ
Legendary

Activity: 1884
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 09:14:49 AM

I guess this thread isnt supposed to "hey look at my shitcoin, what do you think about it" - How about talking about his picks and discuss them? - If you followed his 2016 Guide, he doesnt change his picks or add anything.

Just my thoughts to keep this topic a little bit cleaner.

Regards,
ChekaZ

BTC: 1Ges1taJ69W7eEMbQLcmNGnUZenBkCnn45
FTC: 6sxjM96KMZ7t4AmDTUKDZdq82Nj931VQvY
Conqueror (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 06:19:43 PM

I guess this thread isnt supposed to "hey look at my shitcoin, what do you think about it" - How about talking about his picks and discuss them? - If you followed his 2016 Guide, he doesnt change his picks or add anything.

Just my thoughts to keep this topic a little bit cleaner.

Regards,
ChekaZ

Well i actually don't mind reading that even though it is sometimes boring.

It looks like NXS started climbing with the very release of this thread.
Don't miss sub 10k prices guys, we are at 8k+ already!!!

458Italia

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 08:10:38 PM

I thought I should share a project that looks very promising to help investors make a sound decision.  I didnt expect him to change his picks lmao.

I also didn't just blurt out a name either. As anyone with a brain would know, you provide who, what, when, where, & how to get others involved. If they did their research on the information provided and they purchase & profit then that's their prerogative.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: