Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:22:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin Advertising  (Read 509 times)
debtstack (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 04:02:21 AM

Remember when dogecoin got enough funds together to advertise on a NASCAR car? Why hasn't any other altcoin come up with bold advertising schemes like they did? To this day I think dogecoin still holds the crown of best advertising campaigns of any altcoin, and that's kind of sad since there are much bigger coins now and it wouldn't be that hard to do.

I'm sure someone could round up enough money to light up the Empire State Building or place an ad at a basketball game or football match, yet all you see is more shitty shirts and coffee mugs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 04:16:34 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2017, 11:37:09 AM by maku

To this day I think dogecoin still holds the crown of best advertising campaigns of any altcoin, and that's kind of sad since there are much bigger coins now and it wouldn't be that hard to do.
Sometimes you don't need to be totally original with your marketing strategies. You don't need to send people to the orbit to catch people's attention.

Simple methods are often the best - Bitcoin Pizza was good example of good marketing, people talk about this event to this day, there is even Bitcoin Pizza Day celebration.

You know what altcoins are not advertised in real life (billboards on the streets, promotional events, commercials on TV etc.)?

For the same reason you won't see Lamborghini or Ferrari commercials on TV.
debtstack (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 04:26:33 AM

To this day I think dogecoin still holds the crown of best advertising campaigns of any altcoin, and that's kind of sad since there are much bigger coins now and it wouldn't be that hard to do.
Sometimes you don't need to be totally original and send people to the orbit to catch people's attention. Bitcoin Pizza was good example of good marketing.

You know what altcoins are not advertised in real life (billboards on the streets, promotional events, commercials on TV etc.)?

For the same reason you won't see Lamborghini or Ferrari commercials on TV.

Altcoins are in both the economic and technology sectors, both of which I see ads for on a daily basis. We all see bank ads, Apple ads, google ads, etc. So I ask again why wouldn't altcoins jump on this? If the average consumer doesn't know about you, why would you stick to obscure shirts that people have to ask about in order to know what it is?

Also, there is no altcoin that is even close to a Ferrari.
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2017, 05:23:59 AM

Why not,but these devs prefer to advertise online,and to those sites related to crypto currency,which would likely to convert them to investors,but if you are a supporters of a particular coin,you can display the logo or something about that coin in any place you have control.

memequiserle

Activity: 616
Merit: 501

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 05:57:45 AM

iam forget about dogecoin advertise in nascar
you can remember me, when is dogecoin advertise in nascar
you can see link about video dogecoin advertise in nascar

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
debtstack (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 06:18:35 AM

The least professional altcoin doing a better job at advertising than any other.

SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 01:17:32 PM

I do agree with you that alts need advertising , but I'm pretty  sure that the NASCAR car didn't bring that attention to DOGE
there are plenty of simple advertising solutions that may bring good results , like sponsoring a big twitch show for example for a decent gamer
it won't cost that much and it should bring decent results
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 07, 2017, 04:04:50 PM

bitcoin didn't advertise itself on billboards and race cars to get here.
other altcoins like monero didn't advertise their way to where they are now. and any altcoin that feels the need to advertise publicly to get attention is lacking some fundamental stuff in my opinion.

the only case that i can see advertising work is only if the altcoin is already being used, adopted and has a certain base then work more to build on top of it not a second before that.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: