Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:04:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This forum is waaaay to slow help is on the way!  (Read 2968 times)
TheBitMan (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 06:00:49 PM

PLEASE for the love of posting quicker try out my new forum
http://bitcoin.forumotion.com/

It's a free one and I make no money off the banner ads those aren't mine and I don't encourage you to click them but please try it our this site is overwhelmed and that is why..I believe why people don't post as much as they should..there are unanswered questions out there just for this page to load almost took me 7 minutes!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Houdini

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 08:30:11 PM

Not to support this guy's obvious self-promoting, but this forum is HORRIBLY slow at times.
The solution ? Better hosting with more hardware power and bandwidth, to be financed by ads on this forum.
If anyone has a better idea I'm all ears.
That being said, I love the technical side of this forum except for the speed, I've been on many forums but this one has some features I really wish every other forum had...
joepie91

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 08:39:23 PM

The reason this forum is so slow is because it is getting DDoSed.

If your Forumotion forum is going to get a similar amount of DDoS, Forumotion is just going to kick you off their service.

Like my post(s)? 12TSXLa5Tu6ag4PNYCwKKSiZsaSCpAjzpu Smiley
Quote from: hawks5999
I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 08:41:47 PM

So true! Angry
Won't go to OP's forum though Tongue

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
yeponlyone

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 10:05:31 PM

Our kids are going to laugh and laugh at us one day if they found out how extremely centralized the begining of the decentralized currency movement was, everybody pretty much uses one exchange, one forum, and we are moving closer and closer to one mining pool. I guess that is just people not wanting to let go of their past ways, living in the past can be so comfortable... there are so many bitcoin forums out there and it can even be fun to be in one that is currently low key that way when more people start showing up you know you were one of the first.

Not to support this guy's obvious self-promoting...
So true! Angry
Won't go to OP's forum though Tongue

please guys, tell us what is so wrong about BitPal seeing that this forum was getting bogged down and taking the time to create a new place for discussion. With no benefit for himself. sure, he could have done what you two so helpfully did and wait for someone else to take some initiative and then take a shit on him, but no, he tried to help everyone. i considered PMing this to you guys but i decided not to b/c i don't give a crap if you two look like unhelpful idiots.

here are a couple more forums with discussion occuring for those who do not know of them.
http://bitcoinme.com/forum/
www.bitcoinforums.net

thanks for adding another forum to the planet BitPal! I really appreciate it!
Ruxum

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 10:18:46 PM

Good idea for more bitcoin forums. 

That huge blue banner at the top of your forum is distracting, you might want to make it less prominent if you want people to spend time there.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 10:52:09 PM

That huge blue banner at the top of your forum is distracting, you might want to make it less prominent if you want people to spend time there.
I can't make it any smaller Sad
joepie91

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:08:12 PM

Make your logo smaller Smiley

Like my post(s)? 12TSXLa5Tu6ag4PNYCwKKSiZsaSCpAjzpu Smiley
Quote from: hawks5999
I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
TheBitMan (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:11:08 PM

Make your logo smaller Smiley
If I did all the blue would still be there same space just smaller letter
kjj
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:15:52 PM

Our kids are going to laugh and laugh at us one day if they found out how extremely centralized the begining of the decentralized currency movement was, everybody pretty much uses one exchange, one forum, and we are moving closer and closer to one mining pool. I guess that is just people not wanting to let go of their past ways, living in the past can be so comfortable... there are so many bitcoin forums out there and it can even be fun to be in one that is currently low key that way when more people start showing up you know you were one of the first.

You and I are clearly not reading the same one forum.  Because in this one, new pools are springing up nearly every day.

17Np17BSrpnHCZ2pgtiMNnhjnsWJ2TMqq8
I routinely ignore posters with paid advertising in their sigs.  You should too.
virtualfaqs

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 11:17:35 PM

While we're self promoting, please check out my forum too!

http://virtualfaqs.com/forum/

Every single member is verified by me before they're allowed to trade insuring scamming is at the lowest possible level.

There is a marketplace for trading bitcoins too!

https://twitter.com/virtualfaqs
Looking for altcoin pump advice? Then follow me.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:23:06 PM

please guys, tell us what is so wrong about BitPal seeing that this forum was getting bogged down and taking the time to create a new place for discussion. With no benefit for himself. sure, he could have done what you two so helpfully did and wait for someone else to take some initiative and then take a shit on him, but no, he tried to help everyone. i considered PMing this to you guys but i decided not to b/c i don't give a crap if you two look like unhelpful idiots.

here are a couple more forums with discussion occuring for those who do not know of them.
http://bitcoinme.com/forum/
www.bitcoinforums.net

thanks for adding another forum to the planet BitPal! I really appreciate it!
I can't trust those bitcoinlottery makers, that's all (moreover when they use random.org Roll Eyes)
Also, thanks for the 2 forums

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:28:31 PM

Hey, at least my CPU usage doesn't go up to 100% when I visit it (which I've come to half expect from any new bitcoin sites sprouting up).  Tongue
yeponlyone

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:32:34 PM

You and I are clearly not reading the same one forum.  Because in this one, new pools are springing up nearly every day.

Yes, I stand corrected. Deepbit(the pool I was refering to) is indeed beginning to shrink as far as percentages go. I guess it has been awhile since I have checked the charts. Bitcoin is evolving  Grin  Thank you for correcting me.

btw - i was not claiming there was only one forum (which is what I presume you thought when you made bold 'one forum') i was saying everyone pretty much uses one forum, do you disagree, maybe there is another very popular forum that I have overlooked?
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2011, 11:38:25 PM

Mine! But it's not exactly popular. I do my best to make sure it's scam free though.

I don't like there isn't a specific forum to trade just BTC here and you have to sift through all the garbage with all these random offers to find the BTC sales. Also it's confusing as hell looking in the "Buy" "Sell" forums and everyone posting in the wrong place.

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 11:52:15 PM

Mine! But it's not exactly popular. I do my best to make sure it's scam free though.

I don't like there isn't a specific forum to trade just BTC here and you have to sift through all the garbage with all these random offers to find the BTC sales. Also it's confusing as hell looking in the "Buy" "Sell" forums and everyone posting in the wrong place.
Do you mean trade just BTC for USD or BTC for another currency, instead of actual items for sale?  You know, that's a pretty fantastic idea, I think I'll create a separate subforum for that on my forum.
virtualfaqs

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 12:40:44 AM

Not to mention the PM system is just plain horrible here.

Whose idea is it to show every single person's PM and line them all up? I feel like I'm going to accidentally use the wrong BTC address or PayPal email eventually and mess everything up.

bitlotto

Activity: 672

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2011, 12:52:25 AM

Also new group: https://groups.google.com/group/talkbitcoin

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2011, 07:00:53 PM

Not to mention the PM system is just plain horrible here.

Whose idea is it to show every single person's PM and line them all up? I feel like I'm going to accidentally use the wrong BTC address or PayPal email eventually and mess everything up.
Agreed.  I greatly dislike SMF, with a passion.

As soon as I can move to a different forum and get most of the information/discussion that matters to me, I will.
Houdini

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2011, 04:02:34 AM

I like the features of this forum.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: