Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:23:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: LOOKING TO BUY BTC FROM A TRUSTED MEMBER VIA PAYPAL  (Read 1491 times)
TampaBayBucs (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:47:47 AM

Hi I'm new to the site & currently seeking bitcoin in exchange for Paypal. I am open to offers from reputable members ONLY. All offers greatly appreciated. I'm looking to buy around $75 btc. I can send you the Paypal Mycash code from the reload I purchased or load my own account & send a xfer to you, whatever you prefer. Please contact me via this post or pm.. Thx in advance for the replies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hashkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:55:21 AM

Hi I'm new to the site & currently seeking bitcoin in exchange for Paypal. I am open to offers from reputable members ONLY. All offers greatly appreciated. I'm looking to buy around $75 btc. Thx in advance for the replies.

You're looking to buy bitcoins using PayPal and you're the one who's looking for a trusted member to trade with. It's the other way around if you'd like to buy bitcoins via PayPal. You should be the trusted member. Not the other way around.

[WTS] 📞 Voice Call & 📩 SMS PV Services 📲 [non-US] ⏱️ Fast Service ✔️️✔️️✔️️ |
"Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you." ~ Puppet Master
TampaBayBucs (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 12:00:03 PM

Why? Doesn't make much sense...Regardless if I'm new, I wouldn't be looking to send Paypal funds to someone first who isn't a longstanding member & I cannot become a trusted member until I begin making successful transactions.. So my member status is actually irrelevant as I'm looking to make my first trade..
hashkey

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 12:06:01 PM

Good luck on finding one Grin

[WTS] 📞 Voice Call & 📩 SMS PV Services 📲 [non-US] ⏱️ Fast Service ✔️️✔️️✔️️ |
"Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you." ~ Puppet Master
isoneguy

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 12:06:46 PM

Nobody wants to do PayPal trades with fresh accounts. The reasoning behind this is the frequency of scam attempts. Nobody with experience will want to risk you scamming them.

You can buy bitcoins through coinbase.com or cex.io using your bank account or card. Alternatively you can sell things we might be interested in here on the forums, the best things to sell are things that aren't already being sold. Escrow is a great way to build trust because of the extra people involved in the trade(extra feedback = additional rapour).

You should look into localbitcoins.com and make the trade in person if you would like to remain anonymous.

Your first few trades should either be selling something of value to us or a purchase from someone here on the forum.

Good fortune to you and welcome to bitcointalk.

p.s. we're trying to help you, don't ignore our free advice...
TampaBayBucs (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 12:15:20 PM

I thoroughly understand the risks & complications regarding paypal for btc as I have bought & sold online poker funds for many years... I also came to realize purchasing btc on the above sites you just referred me to is easier said than done. In addition, the 3rd site you listed comes along w/insane vig fees. Which is why I ended up here. I have been through trial & error w/the above sites to no avail. I am simply looking to make my 1st successful purchase. I am also trying to do exactly what you suggested & make a purchase from someone & buy bitcoin lol
isoneguy

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 12:36:31 PM

The problem is that you are attempting to make a trade using the easiest way to scam.

You will want to find a different way.

All of the informational tools you need to succeed have already been given to you.

If this information doesn't assist you then I'll have no choice but to assume you're intentionally trying to scam.
isoneguy

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 12:41:37 PM

I guess if you reaaally were desperate you could buy bitcoin on ebay and then purchase items here.

You ain't dumb if you've discovered bitcoin...you'll figure it out
Gutierez

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 12:49:14 PM

Nobody wants to do PayPal trades with fresh accounts. The reasoning behind this is the frequency of scam attempts. Nobody with experience will want to risk you scamming them.

You can buy bitcoins through coinbase.com or cex.io using your bank account or card. Alternatively you can sell things we might be interested in here on the forums, the best things to sell are things that aren't already being sold. Escrow is a great way to build trust because of the extra people involved in the trade(extra feedback = additional rapour).

You should look into localbitcoins.com and make the trade in person if you would like to remain anonymous.

Your first few trades should either be selling something of value to us or a purchase from someone here on the forum.

yes, That is my thought. Some guys with newbie ranks usually want to buy bitcoin with paypal  so that they will easily make scams and then do disputes with paypal for refunds. Why doesn't this guy want to buy on coinbase or Cex.io??? it's very easy and safe for him
TampaBayBucs (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:01:33 PM

yes, That is my thought. Some guys with newbie ranks usually want to buy bitcoin with paypal  so that they will easily make scams and then do disputes with paypal for refunds. Why doesn't this guy want to buy on coinbase or Cex.io??? it's very easy and safe for him

Not looking to scam & already found a seller but in need of a reputable escrow...Also it's not easy to buy from those sites as the verification process is absurd, long & drawn out.
isoneguy

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:16:19 PM

escrow you would want to consider using:

phillipma, monbux, ognasty...there's a list somewhere but it's not up to date or complete.

monbux does free escrow, phillipma wants to do more escrows than he's already doing...and ognasty is like royalty here.

I'd offer to escrow but I'm probably a bit fresh and ornery for you.
Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1176

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:18:59 PM

No escrow will accept this trade for all the reasons listed here. It just means the escrow would lose money as well as the btc seller. Unless you're willing to wait a year for the funds to be released (as there is a time limit on payment reversals). Nobody reputable is going to take the trade, as many people have been scammed by this in the past.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TampaBayBucs (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:24:30 PM

No escrow will accept this trade for all the reasons listed here. It just means the escrow would lose money as well as the btc seller. Unless you're willing to wait a year for the funds to be released (as there is a time limit on payment reversals). Nobody reputable is going to take the trade, as many people have been scammed by this in the past.

To be quite frank there is actually no need if I find the seller to be reputable enough. Escrow is just more hoops to jump thru for this simple transaction & tbh I'm so sick of reading the word scam. What has this world come to where everyone wanting to buy something online via paypal is auto labled a scam artist?? It's ridiculous.
Fortify
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:29:44 PM

To be quite frank there is actually no need if I find the seller to be reputable enough. Escrow is just more hoops to jump thru for this simple transaction & tbh I'm so sick of reading the word scam. What has this world come to where everyone wanting to buy something online via paypal is auto labled a scam artist?? It's ridiculous.

Why are you so insistent on PayPal then? It obviously gives you protection but whoever you buy off has zero defence if you reverse the payment. You're the one being unreasonable if you cannot see this. Nobody is labelling PayPal users scammers - just PayPal users who want to buy bitcoin. You're "new" here but you'll soon learn that nobody takes these trades for a reason.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
0x0010

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

female ;)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 01:34:20 PM

Why are you so insistent on PayPal then? It obviously gives you protection but whoever you buy off has zero defence if you reverse the payment. You're the one being unreasonable if you cannot see this. Nobody is labelling PayPal users scammers - just PayPal users who want to buy bitcoin. You're "new" here but you'll soon learn that nobody takes these trades for a reason.

PayPal is the #1 payment processor. Sure there are scammers, but there are legit people. Get off your high horse my friend. People want to move from PayPal to bitcoin but when they get charged 50% after showing their ID on LocalBitcoins or when they get harassed here, they have no choice but to continue using PayPal.

keybase.io/0x0010
Fortify
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:40:54 PM

PayPal is the #1 payment processor. Sure there are scammers, but there are legit people. Get off your high horse my friend. People want to move from PayPal to bitcoin but when they get charged 50% after showing their ID on LocalBitcoins or when they get harassed here, they have no choice but to continue using PayPal.

Who are you exactly? A multi account shill for the original poster? This is a bitcoin forum. In the scams section you will find a clear warning to avoid these trades. If you're such a Good Samaritan then you can complete the trade for them. You are simply deflecting from the point, repeated many times, that this trade will protect the buyer and allow them to get their money back by reversing the payment. Good luck finding a poor soul to do the trade.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TampaBayBucs (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:43:20 PM

Indeed,you took the words right outta my mouth. Some people will never realize that LocalBitcoins is anything but an ideal site to Purchase btc... & the other sites that sell would more less like for you to provide a DNA & urine sample just to get a verified account. Which is why Paypal is my preferred method, not because it gives me some unfair advantage over the seller smh
0x0010

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

female ;)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2017, 01:43:50 PM

Who are you exactly? A multi account shill for the original poster? This is a bitcoin forum. In the scams section you will find a clear warning to avoid these trades. If you're such a Good Samaritan then you can complete the trade for them. You are simply deflecting from the point, repeated many times, that this trade will protect the buyer and allow them to get their money back by reversing the payment. Good luck finding a poor soul to do the trade.

I just love how whenever I post something siding with someone, everyone's first assumption is the same.

"A multi account shill for the original poster?"

Right, because I'd make an alt account to do a $75 exchange when I could do it on my account here (0x0010.)
Not everyone is a 'scammer', I've done $200-300 worth of deals so far (I think) and some involved PayPal. Not a single problem here. But oh well.

keybase.io/0x0010
isoneguy

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:47:36 PM

Yeah, I think that if you want to build trust using paypal you should allow someone to buy from you with it...not the other way around.

I mean, I usually give everyone the benefit of the doubt...but people who stick to their guns using cyclical commentary are usually scammers.

It's not worth the effort, the risk or the headache when most of us already have a way to sell bitcoins risk free. Few of us are altruistic anymore.

Buy something with paypal...sell it here for bitcoin using escrow.

Tada...you now have 1-2 positive trust ratings and everyone is happy.

Tell you what, I am in need a cat poop scooper. I will pay you $10 in bitcoin to ship one to me if it isn't a piece of trash.

Viola...you'd be 1/7th of the way there.

I'm not going to offer any additional solutions...
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 01:49:33 PM

Dude...

I almost moved to Tampa just now and checked out the BTC scene in the area...

Their is no shortage there of BTC dealers on Craigslist.. Find one of them and trade for cash in person at a coffee shop or something..

The simple fact is.. It is typical to scam people out of their BTC using paypal.. Paypal is terrible..
If you do find someone that will trade for your paypal, it could and very well should cost you a 25% premium due to the risk involved taking your paypal..

Grab some cash, look on Craigslist..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: