Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 12:17:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to Face Reality in 2017 ...  (Read 5261 times)
K~Ehleyr

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Ooh, shiny things!!

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 09:02:58 AM

That's brilliant, very clever!!  I read it shaking my head until I got to the end and realised what was going on  Cheesy. Go Bitcoin!!

Why though do I get the feeling that most people replying here don't know how to fucking read?  Roll Eyes
lenny_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 09:15:14 AM

That's brilliant, very clever!!  I read it shaking my head until I got to the end and realised what was going on  Cheesy. Go Bitcoin!!

Why though do I get the feeling that most people replying here don't know how to fucking read?  Roll Eyes

you gotta be able to read backwards .. sort of :-)

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
qnelp

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 10:07:09 AM

read backwards make sense for me.

A kind of a professor Moriarty message.  Grin
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 10:24:56 AM

I always heard that thing before they said bitcoin will be dead soon and sooner or later bitcoin will be gone but until now many people are still believe and staying with bitcoin because they know that they are get benefits with bitcoin even we are heard bitcoin use for illegal activities buying drugs hiring a killer for bitcoin. now because of adoption and more merchant are accepting bitcoin we are spreading and more people are using bitcoin..
I think even it is just an experiment before they are now getting benefited. The reality bitcoin will be live long.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 10:27:03 AM

Bitcoin won't end and those who believe will write stupid articles to put down the popularity of Bitcoin, not talking about op but it's brilliantly put lol,  but about so many guys who think they can harm btc rep by saying anything. Btc is and always be the no 1.the past few months have seen so many people join the Bitcoin wagon. It's simply the best, all it needs is one big Country to officially adopt it. Waiting for that to happen.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 12:53:38 PM

That was an interesting read.Especially backwards of course. Smiley
Great piece of work.Kudos to the writer.
But does anybody here know who this guy is? I have never heard of an Dr. Micheal Moriarty before.
Is there any link, story why this person should be one of the largest Bitcoin holders and why I should pay him some attention?  
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 01:08:36 PM

Bitcoin itself may not have a mass adoption, but the concept of cryptocurrency is going to succeed at some point.  The main issue, as I have stated before, is that the value has too great of a fluctuation to see adoption on the currency level.  At the current price rise and fall rate, a normal person cannot be sure whether their paycheck(paid in Bitcoin) will buy groceries for a week or pay the car payment.  A rise and drop over a month from $600 t0 $1000 is too much for the everyday person to deal with. 

If the average Joe makes $500 per week and that pays the bills, the above changes would mean that week 1 would be normal, but if they were saving some of that for later in the month, that first weeks paycheck became $900 two weeks later.  However, if someone in week 3 held a paycheck for the end of the month, in week 4 their $500 becomes around $350.

People need a stable price structure for a crypto.  So far, no one has been able to develop that.  Hell, if our average Joe from above worked for a small company that had 10 equal employees, and that company was paying people with revenue from December, then that would be a real mess.  $5000 per week of payroll on Dec 1 was around 8.3 BTC, now it is 5.5.  The company and everyone would have been rolling in happyville a week ago, or even two weeks ago, now they are starting to see the other side of the "coin".

The best option, in my opinion, and I have not followed the thought process through too much, would have to be a colored coin or a secondary chain of some kind.  Using that side chain to pad the prices changes in the main blockchain would work, but now you are looking at some sort of management team that rules over the side chain.  It could be programmed into the coin, but again, someone has to decide the structure.  Perhaps a 30% price change in the main chain overnight could be spread over the side chain over a week or something, but this gives the side chain a finite, predictable price that can be taken advantage of.

Right now, a change in the value of a countries currency is not seen directly in price changes locally too much.  Unless merchants are willing to have a fluctuating price on every item in their store, then another solution has to be created.
mininghero823

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 01:11:11 PM

Hahaha, you got me!
When started reading I was like ... what?

That's awesome, and a great way to test if people actually read your post Cheesy
qnelp

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 03:46:22 PM

That was an interesting read.Especially backwards of course. Smiley
Great piece of work.Kudos to the writer.
But does anybody here know who this guy is? I have never heard of an Dr. Micheal Moriarty before.
Is there any link, story why this person should be one of the largest Bitcoin holders and why I should pay him some attention?  

I did check the link of the article, and a grand part of the articles are written by him
Ewinsane

Activity: 980
Merit: 523

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 10:26:38 PM

bitcoin will be more stable in this year because bitcoin price rise to high value in 2017 and bitcoin reached its price to $900+ and i hope in few week bitcoin price rise to $1000 so i am sure bitcoin will be more advance in this year and i am sure bitcoin will be survive forever .
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 10:50:11 PM

bitcoin will be more stable in this year because bitcoin price rise to high value in 2017 and bitcoin reached its price to $900+ and i hope in few week bitcoin price rise to $1000 so i am sure bitcoin will be more advance in this year and i am sure bitcoin will be survive forever .
[/quote
the current price does look like it. but bitcoin is a difficult thing to predict. could have bitcoin prices decreased by 300USD in one day. " How to create greater bitcoin? " "we have to use bitcoin every day and also spread awareness about bitcoin to people who do not know it. "
nara1892

Activity: 1582
Merit: 657

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 11:00:30 PM

actually I ever think about it too. bitcoin market cap is not as much as fiat market cap. it means that we cannot make it currency for all people around the globe. I am not an economic expert, but it is clearly seen. however, probably there are another way out.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2017, 11:06:56 PM

That's brilliant, very clever!!  I read it shaking my head until I got to the end and realised what was going on  Cheesy. Go Bitcoin!!

Yeah It got me too LOL.  I was all rebellious while reading the first lines of OP until I read the back ward and were cleared by the 1st reply  Cheesy.  It really was an interesting article.  And made me laugh at my self on my first reaction lol.

Why though do I get the feeling that most people replying here don't know how to fucking read?  Roll Eyes

Because they need to meet the qupta LOL.  People here knows to reply first than to read which is kinda hard in my part LOL.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
January 10, 2017, 11:53:54 PM

Interesting read, but too extreme. The reality is probably that BTC won't change much in 2017. You just need to look at the daily number of transactions to get the idea. Apple pay enjoys must faster growth, and support.

I'm afraid BTC has stalled. SegWit may change that someday, but when? Too many people are against it.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 12:18:37 AM

Interesting read, but too extreme. The reality is probably that BTC won't change much in 2017. You just need to look at the daily number of transactions to get the idea. Apple pay enjoys must faster growth, and support.

I'm afraid BTC has stalled. SegWit may change that someday, but when? Too many people are against it.

Why people keep comparing services like paypal and apple pay (centralized) with bitcoin (decentralized)??

What's so hard to understand about the fact that running a decentralized business like bitcoin is insanely way more resource consuming than apple pay or paypal? you just can't compare those and complain about how bitcoin doesnt grow at the same rate... get real.
lenny_ (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2017, 12:56:18 AM

What do you mean 'segwit has stalled' ?

That's not my understanding at all .. seems like SegWit will be rolled out very soon. Just a few technical hurdles to overcome

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
Shady

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

Life is a game, you either play it or get played.

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:26:19 AM

When more innovation is introduced more problems come until their solved... In contrast it'll always get more fun having more, but holding onto true worth pushes opportunity to newfound heights.

To be honest one year can make or break any effort to putting energy into work, this year has to mean the most.

NamedUser

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 01:46:06 AM

you gotta be able to read backwards .. sort of :-)

I was definitely a little surprised when I was reading this. But the second poster obviously saw what you were doing when it went way over my head. Very nicely put Smiley
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 07:18:42 PM

Despite being a new adopter I'm still hoping for the better future for bitcoin. Sure, we can't really get rid of the crooks and criminals but more people are using it now, more businesses are accepting it, banks are buying it. Might take a while to reach there but as more people learn about it (especially after the rally) they'd realize it's not just so goods or whatever some computer nerds are trading online. They'd see it as a store of value, a means of exchange, basically nothing really much different than the money they are using. Money that the governments they don't trust will have a hard time manipulating. Freedom!

OK I went a bit overboard there. But really, I want it to succeed. I haven't even invested money into this yet but I want this project to succeed.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 03:54:06 PM

What do you mean 'segwit has stalled' ?

That's not my understanding at all .. seems like SegWit will be rolled out very soon. Just a few technical hurdles to overcome

How tho? it seems like it's stuck to me:

http://bitcoin.sipa.be/versions.html

We are going back to 25%... looks like Litecoin will have segwit before Bitcoin will. Sad to see. The miners that aren't signaling for segwit right now should be ashamed of themselves. Fucking retards don't know shit about bitcoin, they thing they are a big deal just because they got in the mining game early and stacked up mining farms. I despise the miners.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: