Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:44:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: S9 Enclosures - sound abatement - heat removal..suggesstions  (Read 1784 times)
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:17:45 AM

Don't mean to bump but I've stumbled across this thread again as I may be setting up a small home mining operation as well. I live in a warm climate too and they will be going in the garage. Here is the solution I've come up with:

1. Route ducting from back of miners straight up into ceiling                         
2. Seat ducting output directly in front of 20 inch high velocity fan                         
3. Point fan toward shutter vent in side of house exhausting heat out of attic

Sure some heat is going to slip past the fan, but it seems like a very legitimate way of dispelling the heat from miners in a garage which would otherwise turn it into a sauna.                           

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2533

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:35:35 AM

Search Home Depot website or whoever for 'Attic Fan' There are ones made just for this with brackets to mount to the wall studs around your vents. Uber reliable because they are made to be put up in hot inaccessible areas.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2017, 03:38:56 AM

Search Home Depot website or whoever for 'Attic Fan' There are ones made just for this with brackets to mount to the wall studs around your vents. Uber reliable because they are made to be put up in hot inaccessible areas.

I've checked those out, but you can get a 20" fan with 3x more CFM for 3x less money if you don't go with the specialized attic exhaust fans. Plus, these fans are often used in warm environments like warehouses so I'm sure they would be able to handle it.   
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: