Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:44:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Justcoin · Secure Bitcoin Exchange from Norway (BTC/EUR/USD)  (Read 27849 times)
ICFiedler

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 02:49:29 PM

For all you out there in doubt: although many wild stories go around, I can confirm that my withdrawals are now being picked up. It took 17 hours (probably because their hot wallet was empty yesterday) but for now I like to believe that all information about the banking problems is genuine and that we are not being goxxed.

I confirm: All mine went through, too. And the funds were not negligible.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mehanizator

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:31:50 PM

BTC withdrawal went ok, EUR was sent, hope to see it in my bank next couple of days.

It's very sad things went bad, I used Justcoin a lot.
kusumadewi

Activity: 826
Merit: 517

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:52:29 PM

Done trade more than 100 times in justcoin, regret to see the site will be shut down.

Withdrew stellar and landed less than 24 hours.
btsake

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 04:56:12 PM

A couple of withdrawals went OK for me too. Now waiting for the last ones (BTC and EUR).

Trading has now been suspended, the 'buy' and 'sell' button give an error about that. I picked up my things and left... Too bad, it was nice to trade there every now and then.

I think I am actually the last one that had an order fulfilled there just before closing at 17:00 CET. At least for me it was a bit fortunate because someone sold me 0.25 BTC for 150 Euro's which is about half the going price. Well every downside has its upside I guess.

My thanks goes out to the exchange owners for running things relatively smoothly, a bit more communication and some 'guarantees' that funds are safe here and there would have been nice, but at least there were some posts on Reddit and here. Maybe in the future they can team up with Lemon Way and start the exchange again. Or just move to a less BTC-hostile country Wink.

Now awaiting my final funds... Wink
onlyyou

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 05:11:05 PM

i trade my first stellars in this exchange and Too bad they have to close the exchange

Skele

Activity: 224

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 06:52:07 PM

Founder here

Withdrawals are taking time because it takes time to retrieve private keys from vaults. It's impossible for us to do support on twitter, reddit and btt at the same time, so I ask that you use support@justcoin.com

And please be nice to our support staff!

can you explain why my btc withdrawal ended in a "invalid address" status when the address tipped is correctly, is this another try to scam?
btsake

View Profile
October 29, 2014, 08:08:04 PM

I also had this on one of my withdrawals although the address was valid. I don't know why it happened but when I tried again, the withdrawal was processed within 15 minutes (though this was during the day).

I have kept on trading the whole day until the exchange closed down the trading engine at 17:00 CET and all 7 withdrawals that I did yesterday and today (eventually) went through. So I wouldn't say they are scamming. I'm quite happy with they way they handled the situation and bear in mind that it takes a lot of cold storage BTC to get all user withdrawals off to the appropriate user. As far as I can tell now, their administration is just fine and nothing compared to how Gox handled their case.

For me I am now only waiting for a Euro withdrawal that I entered today, but that obviously takes a couple of days.
leen93

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:53:32 PM

Founder here

Withdrawals are taking time because it takes time to retrieve private keys from vaults. It's impossible for us to do support on twitter, reddit and btt at the same time, so I ask that you use support@justcoin.com

And please be nice to our support staff!

can you explain why my btc withdrawal ended in a "invalid address" status when the address tipped is correctly, is this another try to scam?
yes, definetely, happened to me 3 times and still didn't get my btc, they are trying to scam everyone...
sended them mails to please withdraw my bitcoins manually but they won't  Roll Eyes
mehanizator

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:09:12 PM

EUR withdrawal successfully received.
KingZee

Activity: 910
Merit: 452

Check your coin privilege

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:26:26 PM

He's scamming the big guys, anyone with less than 100$ invested "can withdraw", most of the people I know still have problems with their withdrawals..

Beep boop beep boop
IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:36:55 PM

He's scamming the big guys, anyone with less than 100$ invested "can withdraw", most of the people I know still have problems with their withdrawals..

The amount of ppl defending them on reddit is disgusting.

The STR/XRP debt paid by customers... wtf...
btsake

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 08:17:21 PM
Last edit: October 31, 2014, 04:26:36 PM by btsake

Well, I don't know about that. I'm not defending them or anything, just posting my experiences so anyone else who's in doubt or afraid can at least find a thread of other people's findings. The amount of money involved in my case is a lot more than $100.

Unfortunately when I now login I get the message 'The user is suspended. Contact support' so I can't post a screenshot of all withdrawals. Instead this list just of e-mails to show what went through after their shutdown-email:

* 2014/10/29 11:07 Your request to withdraw 0.1xxx BTC has been completed. Note that I did this withdrawal 18 hours prior to the actual transfer of the funds.
* 2014/10/29 13:50 Your request to withdraw 3.xxx BTC has been completed. This and the following withdrawals went through within an hour or so.
* 2014/10/29 14:02 Your request to withdraw 0.2xxx BTC has been completed.
* 2014/10/29 19:41 Your request to withdraw 0.9xxx BTC has been completed.
* 2014/10/30 11:50  Your request to withdraw 1xxx EUR has been completed. This means that we've queued the transfer with our bank. A fee was deducted to cover our banking costs.  

Those were all my funds that were there and that I acquired by trading just until the very end. So my balance is 0 (and probably therefore my account is suspended). I will let it know when the Euro withdrawal is received.

I think that between all this something else is going on, for example that there is some kind of announced audit because they filed for bankruptcy or something. I don't know but maybe there is a reason for them to clear out the exchange as soon as possible. Still I am satisfied that, up until now, it looks like my funds are not goxxed.

EDIT: I didn't use Stellar or Ripple  just BTC/EUR so about that or the hack/implementation error I can't comment.

EDIT 2: 2014/10/31: Euro withdrawal received. So I received back all of the funds that were there.

leen93

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 09:07:40 PM

i have +500 btc there and still received nothing at all  Huh
btsake

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 10:10:09 PM

i have +500 btc there and still received nothing at all  Huh

Wow ok, that's something else. But why on earth would you ever leave 500 BTC at a small exchange like Juscoin?! I think the orderbook depth above of below market price has never even been more than 100 BTC so what's the use of even trying to sell 500 BTC there?

The withdrawals that I did came out of a 100BTC (maybe 250 BTC?) wallet so maybe it takes a while to gather all the coins for a single withdrawal that large. Did you also park EUR/USD/NOK there?

Please let us know if/when you get the funds.
KingZee

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 12:24:25 PM

Well, I don't know about that. I'm not defending them or anything, just posting my experiences so anyone else who's in doubt or afraid can at least find a thread of other people's findings. The amount of money involved in my case is a lot more than $100.

Unfortunately when I now login I get the message 'The user is suspended. Contact support' so I can't post a screenshot of all withdrawals. Instead this list just of e-mails to show what went through after their shutdown-email:

* 2014/10/29 11:07 Your request to withdraw 0.1xxx BTC has been completed. Note that I did this withdrawal 18 hours prior to the actual transfer of the funds.
* 2014/10/29 13:50 Your request to withdraw 3.xxx BTC has been completed. This and the following withdrawals went through within an hour or so.
* 2014/10/29 14:02 Your request to withdraw 0.2xxx BTC has been completed.
* 2014/10/29 19:41 Your request to withdraw 0.9xxx BTC has been completed.
* 2014/10/30 11:50  Your request to withdraw 1xxx EUR has been completed. This means that we've queued the transfer with our bank. A fee was deducted to cover our banking costs.  

Those were all my funds that were there and that I acquired by trading just until the very end. So my balance is 0 (and probably therefore my account is suspended). I will let it know when the Euro withdrawal is received.

I think that between all this something else is going on, for example that there is some kind of announced audit because they filed for bankruptcy or something. I don't know but maybe there is a reason for them to clear out the exchange as soon as possible. Still I am satisfied that, up until now, it looks like my funds are not goxxed.

EDIT: I didn't use Stellar or Ripple  just BTC/EUR so about that or the hack/implementation error I can't comment.

I myself got my account suspended for no reason a week before the "We're closing statement". The support completely ignored me. Nothing. I lost over 2 BTC because of this.

Beep boop beep boop
btsake

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:29:02 PM

Very strange. I would say contact them again. They also sometimes read this forum. BTW: I now got back all of my funds. The Euro withdrawal only took 1 day from their mail that they'd sent the funds until me receiving the funds.
IamNotSure

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 04:37:02 PM

Justcoin, if you read us, what is your plan to restore the XRP STR balances of your customers ?

Don't you think you are responsible of your former clients funds ? (Even if you proved your inablility to protect them)
familiaverde

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 09, 2014, 08:08:06 PM

3 days ago   213 994.68288141 STR   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Being processed

how long it will take ?
IamNotSure

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:50:21 AM

I tried to connect and saw my account suspended. Could someone else confirm this is the case for everyone or did I just received a specail treatment becasue I was asking questions and not ball licking them like the BTC sheep crowd ?
KingZee

View Profile
November 10, 2014, 11:45:43 PM

I tried to connect and saw my account suspended. Could someone else confirm this is the case for everyone or did I just received a specail treatment becasue I was asking questions and not ball licking them like the BTC sheep crowd ?

They only let half the withdrawals pass through, the other half got royally buttfucked. In my country, legal prosecution does not include this sort of things, so i'm basically screwed for my 600$. I'm trying to see if there are any other people, there are some but they don't really care since all their money was "free" (stellar giveaway), I gathered all of my money from there too, so that's why I myself aren't that much hasty about this, but it still was MY money they took away.

Beep boop beep boop
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: