Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:21:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum for Android - REQUESTS DON'T SAVE  (Read 314 times)
confirmationbias (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 02:28:50 AM

Fairly new to Electrum, but after a few transactions I've concluded there's a simple flaw in the interface. That is, when you create a RECEIVE notification, there is no "SAVE" or "CONFIRM" button. Sometimes completely filling out the RECEIVE details transposes the details over to the REQUESTS list. And sometimes it doesn't. I never know when I've managed to confirm a RECEIVE request in my Electrum or not. Once you finish filling out the details, there should be a check box or confirm button that makes it clear I've done what I need to do so that the RECEIVE notification is now saved to my list of REQUESTS.
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jaceefrost

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 11, 2017, 03:01:18 AM

There are still several issues on the android version of electrum and that's mainly why I prefer using mycelium instead of it. Electrum loads slow in my mobile unlike other android wallet. I think the progress in maintaining the stability and fixing bugs in the android version is not their first priority so fixes are hardly done in updates.
confirmationbias (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 07:13:36 AM

Thanks for the response. In fact, there IS a "save" button for Receive Requests. It's the frickin' NEW button! I don't know why it's called "NEW". I assumed it meant "start a new Receive request" but New actually refers to saving the current request. So problem solved, but that button is badly named. Not intuitive at all. ;-)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: