Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:08:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you have missing Bitstamp SEPA transfers, post here.  (Read 10040 times)
GreenerK (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:01:41 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 03:23:43 PM by GreenerK

There seems to be a growing number of Bitstamp SEPA deposits not appearing since the coin "crash" and their Bank details changed.

They have not acknowledged this on their site and understandably clients are getting worried (myself included!)  Angry

I was think that anyone suffering the same fate should maybe post here with their date of transfer, so we can get an idea of how long they are taking (if at all).

Maybe someone from Bitstamp browsing this site will see the consolidated list and take note  Huh

Please make sure you have created a support ticket via their site for it first though.

I'll start;

Deposit sent 10am on the Wednesday 10th April.

Please post back here if/when the deposit arrives.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1m1nd

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:09:21 PM

SEPA deposit sent 9am wednesday 10th April.

Support ticket has been open 6 hours 30 minutes.

I am starting to worry they are just going to steal my money, or that it has got lost in the system somewhere, since they changed their bank details just one day after my SEPA transfer was begun.
SirWilliam

Activity: 248
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:12:19 PM

Deposit sent Wednesday APRIL 10. Support ticket opened April 11th.

Received reply about problem with online Unicredit exchange converter today. Still waiting to see my money.
1m1nd

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:15:31 PM

Can SEPA transfers be reimbursed? I feel if there is a danger of losing my money I should start proceedings to reclaim it ASAP.
TrilbyUK

Activity: 11

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:17:33 PM

Deposit sent by Transferwise at 8.30am Wednesday 10th April for estimated arrival yesterday, still hasn't appeared in my Bitstamp account. Support ticket has been open for a few hours with no reply.
GreenerK (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:18:37 PM

Can SEPA transfers be reimbursed? I feel if there is a danger of losing my money I should start proceedings to reclaim it ASAP.

I have no idea, but I've asked for proof of sending and proof that their bank acknowledged receipt (from my end), just in case it comes to that.
1m1nd

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:25:40 PM

I have no idea, but I've asked for proof of sending and proof that their bank acknowledged receipt (from my end), just in case it comes to that.

All I have is my receipt from transferwise Undecided
bitconic

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:26:44 PM

I had a similar concern with their bank details having changed. I sent a transfer April 10th and it finally appeared in bitstamp a few hours ago. Make sure you have put the transfer reference in the wire or it will take longer.
SirWilliam

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:34:55 PM

Was it a SEPA transfer? And if yours was processed why have all ours not been processed yet?
GreenerK (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:53:20 PM

All I have is my receipt from transferwise Undecided

If you feel the need to, TransferWise can provide you with the "official" proof of transfer and receipt needed for any legal claims. Just contact their support team - who have always been extremely professional and helpful for me.
GreenerK (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 04:54:40 PM

I had a similar concern with their bank details having changed. I sent a transfer April 10th and it finally appeared in bitstamp a few hours ago. Make sure you have put the transfer reference in the wire or it will take longer.

Mine included the reference. As did my other deposits, which have always come through quick.
RicardoMateus

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 05:31:14 PM

I've made a SEPA transfer on tuesday 09-04-2013 at 13h.
I've a open ticket since 10-04-2013 still with no reply.

Tongue
Sausage24

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:09:28 PM

Thank god I'm not the only one.

Deposit sent by transferwise Weds 10th for expected arrival into Bitstamp Thursday 11th at 9am. No sign of any deposit into my account yet. Ticket opened this morning, no reply yet.

This is my first deposit into Bitstamp. I too was freaked out by the change in bank account details. It would have been considerate of BS to mention in their blog post about new bank details that existing users would not be affected - assuming that this is the case.

1m1nd

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:15:46 PM

It would have been considerate of BS to mention in their blog post about new bank details that existing users would not be affected - assuming that this is the case.

It's very frustrating to think that if I had waited until the 11th, I could have deposited directly into a UK bank account, and presumably have the funds in my account now. Unless there would also be such a delay on processing that too
TrilbyUK

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 06:48:02 PM

The new bank details are for a different account at the same Slovenian bank (the BIC defines the bank and it hasn't changed). Only their contact address has moved to the UK.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:13:18 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 08:29:12 PM by hazek

The new bank details are for a different account at the same Slovenian bank (the BIC defines the bank and it hasn't changed). Only their contact address has moved to the UK.

This is correct. We apologize sincerely for the delay and would invite everyone waiting to read our explanation about this issue here: https://www.bitstamp.net/article/overwhelming-popularity/

We know we must improve and we are working around the clock to do so, increasing our server capacities to be able to handle increased loads and hiring more support staff to help us with the sudden wave of new users and with them support tickets.

Both bank accounts are still held at the same bank, still active and funds sent to either of the two will be received by us, provided you didn't make a mistake with your transfer. Although SEPA transfers usually take 1 to 3 business days to arrive we would ask those waiting for your SEPA transfers longer than usually to please send us a transfer confirmation so that we can examine our bank account log and locate your transfers.

Also for those waiting on deposits we ask for your patience; we have accumulated a long list of transfers which lack information or contain wrong information which means we need to manually go through all of them instead of our system sorting them automatically.

For those waiting on withdrawals; we accumulated a big list of pending withdrawals which is why we have now automated the process and we will send all pending withdrawals from Wednesday onward till today on Monday.

And finally we again apologize, we wish we could move faster, we are taking steps which will allow us to move faster and we will get to you in time.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
SirWilliam

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:19:05 PM

Hazek, Thank you so much for taking the time to reply here on a Friday night. I shall sleep (and drink) better this weekend! I will look into getting a transfer confirmation Monday morning.

This is correct. We apologize sincerely for the delay and would invite everyone waiting to read our explanation about this issue here: https://www.bitstamp.net/article/overwhelming-popularity/

We know we must improve and we are working around the clock to do so, increasing our server capacities to be able to handle increased loads and hiring more support staff to help us with the sudden wave of new users and with them support tickets.

Both bank accounts are still held at the same bank, still active and funds sent to either of the two will be received by us, provided you didn't make a mistake with your transfer. Although SEPA transfers usually take 1 to 3 business days to arrive we would ask those waiting for your SEPA transfers longer than usually to please send us a transfer confirmation so that we can examine our bank account log and locate your transfers.

Again we apologize, we wish we could move faster, we are taking steps which will allow us to move faster and we will get to you in time.
GreenerK (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 08:57:42 PM

Also for those waiting on deposits we ask for your patience; we have accumulated a long list of transfers which lack information or contain wrong information which means we need to manually go through all of them instead of our system sorting them automatically.

Hello Hazek,

I too thank you for getting back to us. It's a huge relief to see that you guys are still hearing our cries!

For those of us sure that our deposits aren't missing any information - are the delays because of failed automation somewhere in the chain?

I'll attach my confirmations to my support ticket, just in case anyway.

Can I suggest that you post something similar to your reply as another news posting on your site? I'm sure there are other users out there in this situation, not familiar with this forum, that are panicking after the latest posting about the bank changes. Your linked article does help understand the chaos you're currently dealing with, but this was before the bank changes and it looks like you've all gone radio-silent since then, possible causing a few clients to start claiming the deposits back through their banks.

Thanks again. I hope you're able to put your feet up once things settle down.
TrilbyUK

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:06:21 PM

While hazek's response is of course appreciated, I'd second GreenerK's question about automation. I have my Transferwise payment information in front of me and the reference on the payment exactly matches the reference provided on the Bitstamp deposit page. If there is an automated system in place to match payments to accounts, it's hard to understand why it wouldn't be able to do so in this case.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:18:27 PM

While hazek's response is of course appreciated, I'd second GreenerK's question about automation. I have my Transferwise payment information in front of me and the reference on the payment exactly matches the reference provided on the Bitstamp deposit page. If there is an automated system in place to match payments to accounts, it's hard to understand why it wouldn't be able to do so in this case.

We have an automated system to match this however we were unable to import new transfers practically the entire day as our bank is having issues with their online banking website.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: