Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:21:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bear appreciation thread!!  (Read 5627 times)
evolve (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:02:05 PM
Last edit: April 15, 2013, 11:38:29 PM by evolve

Line up to get your "I told you so's"   Grin

We told you this price rise was unsustainable, but the echo chamber shouted us down.

We told you that buying after the $20 mark was risky, and we shouted even louder when the price hit triple digits.... but again we were drowned out by "new paradigm" and "up, Up, UP" talk.

When we told you all to take profits while you could, you laughed it off.

The bulls even tried to convince other shills forum members to leverage debt to buy in....well, where is that easy money now? Still a smart idea to spend those student loans on bitcoin? Still glad you took out that second mortgage?

Come on in and give it up for proudhon, me, brightanarchist, arepo, lucif, adam, electric mucus, and all the others that tried to warn you...we'll be watching this thing slide down with popcorn in our hands!! (maybe next time youll listen)
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:03:56 PM

You were right.

It's a sad state of affairs.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 03:05:30 PM

Fair enough.

To be fair, I respect bears, it's only the "single digits" stuff I snigger at. The long-run bear scenario I envisage for bitcoin would be basically $0 rather than, say, $5.

Proportionally speaking, it's probably a good thing this bubble popped before the one in 2011 did. Now, back to trying to make Bitcoinworld a better ecosystem. Who cares about the margin price if you're not buying or selling, anyway?

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
evolve (OP)

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:11:05 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2013, 03:21:19 PM by evolve

To be fair, I respect bears, it's only the "single digits" stuff I snigger at. The long-run bear scenario I envisage for bitcoin would be basically $0 rather than, say, $5.

Single digits still aren't out of the question...I think the price will continue to slide downward for a while.  One more big screwup from Gox, or a hack or something could knock it there in one shot, though. I think the speculators and true believers will keep this thing from going to zero.
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:14:32 PM

Come on in and give it up for proudhon, me, daily anarchist, and all the others that tried to warn you, we'll be watching this thing slide down with popcorn in our hands!! (maybe next time youll listen)

+me, lucif, adam

getting shouted down sucks Tongue but bulls and bears are friends, guys, you wouldn't make money without the other  Wink

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 03:15:54 PM

Single digits still aren't out of the question...I expect this thing to slide downward for a while.  I think the speculators and true believers will keep this thing from going to zero, though.

I'm willing to mortgage my shirt and my mother's shirts to buy at $10 (now regretting not having done so back when it was last $10) so single digits will be difficult. Grin

$200/BTC now was a bubble but I still think less absurd than $30/BTC in 2011. Things are very different now than they were in 2011, and back then it bottomed out at $2. I'd call the bottom this time as $40 but humans are stupid and irrational creatures (otherwise they wouldn't panic sell and they would restrain manic buying too for that matter, and bubbles wouldn't grow so big) so lower isn't impossible by any means.

Long term, my opinion (and it's just that), shared with a lot on these forums it seems, is either ultra-bull or ultra-bear. Bitcoin is either worth a heckuvalot... or it's worth nada. We just don't know which yet - suspense is a killer! Smiley

BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
evolve (OP)

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:17:46 PM

Come on in and give it up for proudhon, me, daily anarchist, and all the others that tried to warn you, we'll be watching this thing slide down with popcorn in our hands!! (maybe next time youll listen)

+me, lucif, adam

getting shouted down sucks Tongue but bulls and bears are friends, guys, you wouldn't make money without the other  Wink

Added you guys to the OP.....and you are right, we all need each other
Wuji

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:18:52 PM

Bear checking in and slowly turning bull again maybe in 2-3 more weeks. I have no idea what fair value is for BTC but, I'm afraid the speculators have not been shaken down enough yet.  I'm thinking a few more bubbles are on the way before they finally lose enough Fiat to come back down to earth.  That is if there isn't a never ending new supply of them.  It makes me sad as a believer in Bitcoin but, it makes me happy as someone who can recognize it, accept it, and profit over and over again from it.  

If you can't beat them, then join them and profit from them. ~Wuji 2013
evolve (OP)

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:19:36 PM

I'm willing to mortgage my shirt and my mother's shirts to buy at $10 (now regretting not having done so back when it was last $10) so single digits will be difficult. Grin

People were saying that about sub $100 prices 3 days ago....  Wink
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:20:13 PM

Single digits still aren't out of the question...I expect this thing to slide downward for a while.  I think the speculators and true believers will keep this thing from going to zero, though.

would you do that still if it dropped to $10.50 today?

unfortunately for you, if the vast majority of new userbase decides to get out of the game completely, we'll go right back to where we were less than a year ago. single digits.

excuse my repetition, but remember: Bitcoin has been worth single digits or less for about half of its lifetime. Before 2013, bitcoin had only ever been worth more than $20 for two brief weeks, during a period generally known to all as an aberration.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
randrace

Activity: 329

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:23:27 PM

I was promised Single Digits!
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:24:23 PM

cheap coins
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 03:25:00 PM

That's all true, but:

• This is not 2011.
  • While bitcoin has traded below $10 for half its history, that is analogous to pointing out that bitcoin has been below $1 for a significant part of its history, or been below one cent for a good minority of its history.

If humans were rational, I'd be calling $40 definitively as the "new $2" this time around. Need to scramble to get some fiat onto an exchange or prepare OTC deal if we do see <$40, for that is a serious buying opportunity...

evolve (OP)

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:25:54 PM

Just a little longer....I dont think we are done going down yet.
Wuji

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:26:01 PM

Patience grasshopper.  Grin
Wuji

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:27:00 PM

That's all true, but:

• This is not 2011.
  • While bitcoin has traded below $10 for half its history, that is analogous to pointing out that bitcoin has been below $1 for a significant part of its history, or been below one cent for a good minority of its history.

If humans were rational, I'd be calling $40 definitively as the "new $2" this time around. Need to scramble to get some fiat onto an exchange or prepare OTC deal if we do see <$40, for that is a serious buying opportunity...

Why on earth would $40 be the new $2 if Mt. Gox can no longer stay online?  I think .50 cents is the new $2, just kidding but, seriously why?
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 03:28:54 PM

Why on earth would $40 be the new $2 if Mt. Gox can no longer stay online?  I think .50 cents is the new $2, just kidding but, seriously why?

Bitcoin is more widely used now than in 2011. You cannot run any meaningful sizeable global economy with 11 million BTC at $2 a piece. Or $10 for that matter. Or $100...

Wuji

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:32:51 PM

Why on earth would $40 be the new $2 if Mt. Gox can no longer stay online?  I think .50 cents is the new $2, just kidding but, seriously why?

Bitcoin is more widely used now than in 2011. You cannot run any meaningful sizeable global economy with 11 million BTC at $2 a piece. Or $10 for that matter. Or $100...

You also can't reasonably use Bitcoins when the exchange with 80% of them is offline all the time.  Until that situation changes I'm hibernating.  Wake me up when the Mt. Gox winter is over.
nobbynobbynoob

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 03:35:00 PM

Yes, Wuji, I wholeheartedly agree with you that Gox sucking is helping depress this economy. On a positive note, think what it will be like if/when we get decent exchanges. Grin

NY11giants

Activity: 38

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:36:21 PM

I dont understand.  BTC is a unit.  To be BEARish or BULLish can only be determined when you assign a relative value to a fiat currency.
BTC is an independent thing that has a purpose.  Is anyone bullish or bearish on oxycontin?  For some that 30mg pill is worth the $20 co-pay for 30 of em.  For others, theyll pay $300 for the same 30 (I assume thats the rate).  Oxy serves a purpose and depending on how badly you need that purpose fulfilled dictates the value you attach to it.

BTC serves a purpose too, namely (imho) anonymous (for legal/ethical/taxation purposes), quick and non-reversible payments.  Now if you dont need that purpose fulfilled then yeah, be bearish.  If you like the purpose of BTC, be bullish.  

As I posted in a newbie post, for me BTC represents a sort of "Cayman Island" for the common man.  Think Bit Romney.  Earn / Spend BTC for whatever purpose, legit, or not, and be free from the scrutiny of taxation or big governments eye.  Christ, its practically paypal (but quicker, non-reversable and anonymous).  Itll get mass adoption in time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: