View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1m1nd

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:17:12 AM

What country?
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:04:04 AM

https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/blazr/ <-- You? Then the country would be Ireland...

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
tolan77

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:13:22 AM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 02:51:01 AM by tolan77

This has gotta be the most ignorant attempt by the police to crack down on drugs ever. Either there's something you're leaving out of the story, or fuck wherever you're living.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 01:26:11 AM

Just... wow. Thank all the gods that you got out of there.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:33:36 AM

Hey OP, if you ever feel it's safe, would you say where this occurred at?  I really want to know, and I don't doubt this would make BTC news.

doobadoo

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:36:20 AM

Sorry to hear about this Blazr, and glad you are not hurt and are out of that fucked up jurisdiction.  Amazing that the police assume that any one who buys or sells btc is somehow a drug dealer.  Where in the world would they have ever gotten that idea?  No seriously, i know that obviously SOME people are selling drugs in the mail for BTC.  But many more are selling it for cash in the mail too.

Some one has to send this story to the buttcoin.org guys.

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 02:04:38 AM

A judge must think that there is a connection between BTC and drugs as well, as a judge had to have signed the search warrant.

Well, there is a connection between bitcoin and drugs. Just not as complete as they seem to think. Edit: And this connection is shared by pretty much every currency out there.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:46:24 AM

Probably best not to use names like Blazr on localbitcoins if you don't want law enforcement thinking there might be a drug connection.

It would have to be a pretty stupid drug enforcement agency which didn't monitor localbitcoins and look at who is trying to cash out on a regular basis. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Fruitoshi Snaka-moto

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 02:34:22 PM

In a replay of the invasion of Iraq the authorities start believing in their own nightmares and propaganda -- a perpetual search for the Scarface of Bitcoin.
MysteryMiner
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1029

Show middle finger to system and then destroy it!

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:27:40 PM

If this story is true then...

Police are trying to take down at least one Silk Road vendor with drugs and bitcoins to scare everyone. They cannot compromise technical security of Silk Road. They instead look for people trading bitcoins in real life. They try to follow some random user, then spy on his correspondence. The small tears and needle holes are sure signs of tampering in attempt to find drugs in mail. Finally they take blind shot and search the suspects home.

Fuck the police! This is another reason why every computer must be encrypted! To both avoid finding something for them and to protect from cops planting evidence on the computer after it is seized. And total encryption of every computer in country might stop cops from taking them after all because then they be just as useful for them as paperweights.

bc1q59y5jp2rrwgxuekc8kjk6s8k2es73uawprre4j
RandomQ

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 14, 2013, 02:12:52 PM

I have a feeling that they might have just picked you because of your screen name. Because it slang for smoking weed.

I've had similar problems in the past, because I pay for everything with cash, drove a nicer car than my income should support,Lived in house that were way to large for one person.

Hell just yesterday I bought some jewelry and the guy commented when I paid in cash that no one ever pays with cash anymore.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2013, 04:47:15 PM

I have a feeling that they might have just picked you because of your screen name. Because it slang for smoking weed.

I have two accounts on localbitcoins, that Blazr account belongs to me but I don't use it.

(emphasis mine, you must have missed it the first time)

FinShaggy

Activity: 196

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 09:55:26 PM

That's crazy.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
salty

Activity: 562

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 12:41:07 AM

Could be either of these possibilities:

1 Someone near you has been caught doing something naughty, and rather than tell who else was involved and risk real trouble they pinned part of it on 'blazr' or whatever handle the police contacted on localbitcoins.
2 Someone they caught recently was using localbitcoins, and they thought that therefore everyone who uses localbitcoins is up to the same thing. Either you were the first person they went after subsequently and they now know otherwise, or they've caught others doing the same and you are the exception so far.

The search warrant pretty much confirms that somebody has been caught dealing drugs and laundering through localbitcoins, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to convince the judge.
johnniewalker
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 01:15:36 AM

So, as a few of you guys know, I'm moving to another country soon enough. When I get over there I won't have access to my bank account, so a few weeks ago I decided it might be a good idea to sell some of my BTC for cash. I had done this a couple of times before and had a positive experience, so had no whims about doing it again.

So I received a request from someone who wanted to buy 500euro worth of BTC in a f2f transaction. I drove down to meeting spot, met the guy, he gave me the 500euro and basically ran back to his car and drove off. I obviously found this strange, but it was an escrow tx, so I released escrow from my phone and went back to my car.

On my drive back, I noticed that there was a Ford Mondeo behind me (the kind of car that is usually used by undercover police in my city). It seemed to be following me, I didn't have all my paperwork on my car in order,  so I decided to take a detour down some local back-roads and shake it.

So anyways, I lost the car, drove home and thought nothing of this strange encounter.

Over the next few days, I noticed strange needle marks and tiny tears in all of my mail, I also noticed a really strange parked car outside my house one day, when I walked over to it to ask them what they were doing there, they drove off at speed. I probably should've been suspicious then, but I had done nothing wrong and shrugged it off.

A couple of days later, I wake up to the sound of my door being smashed in. I run down to find 5 police officers in my house. They showed me a search warrant under the misuse of drugs act. The national drugs unit were parked outside with sniffer dogs ready, they left after a few minutes though and didn't come inside with the dogs. The police told me the person I met on localbitcoins was an undercover police officer, and they had copied the registration number off of my car and got my address from it.

They stripped the whole house down, turned everything upside down looking for drugs. They found 1 joint of weed and they also seized a clock which they thought was a digital scale (it wasn't) and informed me that they were going to prosecute me for intent to supply, even though I wasn't selling, and I showed them a prescription from a doctor in another country (that isn't valid here) and told them the superintendant of the local police station had informally told me that they wouldn't prosecute me for possession if it was medical use even though I was technically breaking the law. They also found padded envelopes and accused me of selling drugs through the post (a complete lie with no evidence).

They then told me that if I didn't give them all the messages & phone numbers of everyone I had met to sell BTC that they were going to seize all my bitcoin miners, computers etc and have them "analyzed". I was about to move country in the next few days and didn't want the hassle of having to deal with this, so I told them that I had deleted all the messages (which I did) but that I would be able to get them back if they left my computers there, and that I would co-operate fully (I'm obviously not going to co-operate). They then left and I changed my flight date and basically fled the country the next day, luckily I was planning on moving in a week anyways.

So, a warning to you guys, be careful doing f2f transactions or buying/selling BTC in general, even though we're not breaking the law it doesn't mean you won't get unwanted attention from the police.
Jesus Christ, thats some James Bond shit. How could selling bitcoins be probable cause for a search warrant of your entire house? Selling bitcoins (to the best of my knowledge) isn't illegal anywhere. Sorry you had to go through that, that's fucking scary.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 06:59:49 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2013, 07:11:13 PM by jackjack

So, as a few of you guys know, I'm moving to another country soon enough. When I get over there I won't have access to my bank account, so a few weeks ago I decided it might be a good idea to sell some of my BTC for cash. I had done this a couple of times before and had a positive experience, so had no whims about doing it again.

So I received a request from someone who wanted to buy 500euro worth of BTC in a f2f transaction. I drove down to meeting spot, met the guy, he gave me the 500euro and basically ran back to his car and drove off. I obviously found this strange, but it was an escrow tx, so I released escrow from my phone and went back to my car.

On my drive back, I noticed that there was a Ford Mondeo behind me (the kind of car that is usually used by undercover police in my city). It seemed to be following me, I didn't have all my paperwork on my car in order,  so I decided to take a detour down some local back-roads and shake it.

So anyways, I lost the car, drove home and thought nothing of this strange encounter.

Over the next few days, I noticed strange needle marks and tiny tears in all of my mail, I also noticed a really strange parked car outside my house one day, when I walked over to it to ask them what they were doing there, they drove off at speed. I probably should've been suspicious then, but I had done nothing wrong and shrugged it off.

A couple of days later, I wake up to the sound of my door being smashed in. I run down to find 5 police officers in my house. They showed me a search warrant under the misuse of drugs act. The national drugs unit were parked outside with sniffer dogs ready, they left after a few minutes though and didn't come inside with the dogs. The police told me the person I met on localbitcoins was an undercover police officer, and they had copied the registration number off of my car and got my address from it.

They stripped the whole house down, turned everything upside down looking for drugs. They found 1 joint of weed and they also seized a clock which they thought was a digital scale (it wasn't) and informed me that they were going to prosecute me for intent to supply, even though I wasn't selling, and I showed them a prescription from a doctor in another country (that isn't valid here) and told them the superintendant of the local police station had informally told me that they wouldn't prosecute me for possession if it was medical use even though I was technically breaking the law. They also found padded envelopes and accused me of selling drugs through the post (a complete lie with no evidence).

They then told me that if I didn't give them all the messages & phone numbers of everyone I had met to sell BTC that they were going to seize all my bitcoin miners, computers etc and have them "analyzed". I was about to move country in the next few days and didn't want the hassle of having to deal with this, so I told them that I had deleted all the messages (which I did) but that I would be able to get them back if they left my computers there, and that I would co-operate fully (I'm obviously not going to co-operate). They then left and I changed my flight date and basically fled the country the next day, luckily I was planning on moving in a week anyways.

So, a warning to you guys, be careful doing f2f transactions or buying/selling BTC in general, even though we're not breaking the law it doesn't mean you won't get unwanted attention from the police.
WTF?
Doesn't even look legit...
Especially when you delete posts...

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: