Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:57:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Heroin Store  (Read 104587 times)
whydifficult

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2013, 10:13:33 PM

Yep,

It appears the original reply by altoid has been deleted, though it was quoted multiple times:

(probably berried in the desert or in a forest)

Somehow, I'm seeing tremendous increase of popularity of forest sightseeing Wink

What an awesome thread!  You guys have a ton of great ideas.  Has anyone seen Silk Road yet?  It's kind of like an anonymous amazon.com.  I don't think they have heroin on there, but they are selling other stuff.  They basically use bitcoin and tor to broker anonymous transactions.  It's at http://tydgccykixpbu6uz.onion.  Those not familiar with Tor can go to silkroad420.wordpress.com for instructions on how to access the .onion site.

Let me know what you guys think

So here we go, first Bitcoin drug store.
We're going into deep water faster than i thought then.

I wonder how long will it take for govs to start investigating Bitcoin.

Interesting to read back on the conversation that happened two and a half years ago, and to see how much has changed since.

Gekko a nodejs bitcoin trading bot!
Realtime Bitcoin Globe - visualizing all transactions and blocks
Tip jar (BTC): 1KyQdQ9ctjCrGjGRCWSBhPKcj5omy4gv5S
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:27:53 PM

The Silk Road criminal complaint references this thread -  http://www.scribd.com/doc/172764080/Ulbricht-Criminal-Complaint  (page 25)

Post #71 quotes a deleted post by a user "altoid" referenced in the complaint.  I wonder if the thought experiment discussions in this thread inspired the creation of the Silk Road...

Ugh. The thought makes me shudder.

Back then this forum was a more innocent place, full of dreamers discussing what at the time felt like improbable scenarios out of a William Gibson novel.  I was really taken by surprise how soon this fantasy became reality, how soon this whole bitcoin experiment became serious fucking business.  Very surreal to read this thread in retrospect.   At least it's nice to see that my predictions were right Smiley

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:46:13 PM

At least it's nice to see that my predictions were right Smiley

I question that.  I see the Feds arrest a guy that lived with roomates, and couldn't really afford a car.  One who walked to a internet cafe to access the website for maintaince issues.  And yet, the feds say this guy is the one in charge (among at least six admins) and claim that he is the owner of an $80 million encrypted bitcoin wallet that they can't seem to break into.

I, for one, think that this guy was an employee.  While he wasn't starving, he certainly didn't act like a guy that had access to 80 million dollars in an untaxable format.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
Maidak
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1058

The OGz Club

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:26:05 AM

I question that.  I see the Feds arrest a guy that lived with roomates, and couldn't really afford a car.  One who walked to a internet cafe to access the website for maintaince issues.  And yet, the feds say this guy is the one in charge (among at least six admins) and claim that he is the owner of an $80 million encrypted bitcoin wallet that they can't seem to break into.

I, for one, think that this guy was an employee.  While he wasn't starving, he certainly didn't act like a guy that had access to 80 million dollars in an untaxable format.

Where did you get this information from? I haven't read anything and am curious on where you pulled the info up about his personal life.

.The OGz Club.▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████████▀███▀████████████
██████████████▀█▀██████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
......The 1st & Only #MemeFi Project......
Website   ◢ Reddit   ◢ Telegram   ◢ Twitter   ◢ TikTok   ◢ Facebook

██████    ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
       ▄▄▄██▄▄▄
    ▄███████████▄
    █████████████▄
   ███████████████
▄█████████████████▄
▀▀▀▀█████████████▀██
    ▀█████████████▄
    ▄▀█████████████▄
   █▀ ▀▀▀██████████▌
▐███    ▄█████████▀▀
 ▀▀     ▄█████▀▀
       ███▀▀
      ██▀

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:57:16 AM

Where did you get this information from? I haven't read anything and am curious on where you pulled the info up about his personal life.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/10/how-the-feds-took-down-the-dread-pirate-roberts/

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
pikapay

Activity: 164
Merit: 101

@PikaPay - Easy as a Tweet!

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 12:07:05 PM

The New York Times front page story refers to this forum thread.  But what kind of "Drug Lord" orders fake IDs to his home or posts his own email address to an online forum?

See http://www.bitcoinwednesday.com/the-legacy-of-silk-road-part-4/

BitcoinWednesday.com - The monthly conference on the digital currency revolution in The Netherlands.

Every 1st Wednesday of the month in Amsterdam: Meetup.com/BitcoinWednesday

---------------------

- The Easiest Way to Send Bitcoin to Anyone on Twitter
The future of cash has no borders.
Ventriloquist

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 05:18:58 PM

posts his own email address to an online forum?

We use our real email IDs on a dozen websites, slip-ups as these are bound to happen. He simply must never have imagined how big his creation would get... or when this specific thread would pin-point his email ID.

Heck he even deleted the post and the account, which was the best thing to do. The only reason Gary Alford was able to get the deleted account's details was because he was able to show his official badge and make bitcointalk's admins do the talking.

Being in that same thread though, is unreal!
duybuom2010

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 03:09:24 AM

Those caught in the link will become the informants to pass information about the next link, and everything will collapse. I expect any product that can not be delivered can immediately create these negative feelings. The opposite also happened, in which a day or a week later, the BTC I collected was less than I paid for coffee. There will be a lot of pedestrians, each receiving clear, and many packets are moved around between points or are transported by vehicle from one place to another. Packets will not have distinct identity traits, and they will continue to hold in the stream regardless of whether the load means going somewhere. The cars will be cars with predictable routes, city buses, cars of everyday people etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]  All
  Print  

Jump to: