Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:59:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCE one of the most targeted sites of DDOS attacks in history  (Read 515 times)
Bitcoinpro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 06:19:09 AM

its ongoing, people in the troll box have questioned how the attacks have not been repelled due to it being behind cloud flare servers

the IP's of the attacks should be made public so those responsible can be taken out, unless its some kind of quasi inside job, that

has been accused of many sites when they suffer bitcoin loses or close down resulting in the loss of customer funds,

also different sites will be affected differently by different users sometimes sites are accesible from different locations though

I expect that trolls may be largerly behind posts that say sites are accesible when they clearly are not,

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 11:15:39 AM

I am not using btce for trading but it seems it is up and running for me right now. Bitfinex and coinbase have also crashed several times before when there was large moves in bitcoin price and sometimes i think this DDOS attack claims were just to hide their internal trading where exchange platform try to sell/buy bitcoin with their own funds so that they will not loss on big dump/pump.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 12:40:29 PM

If you think it is the riskiest sites because it is always being targeted by the attackers then simply dont place your bitcoin in there. But if it is really hacking there are no exchangers or trading sites that will nost be a target. The most frightening is the inside job that is possibly happening and the blame will be passed to the hackers. Its quite disappointing that they lost huge amount of bitcoin but they are not doing something maybe because it is their own doing.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2017, 12:48:24 PM

its ongoing, people in the troll box have questioned how the attacks have not been repelled due to it being behind cloud flare servers the IP's of the attacks should be made public so those responsible can be taken out, unless its some kind of quasi inside job, that has been accused of many sites when they suffer bitcoin loses or close down resulting in the loss of customer funds, also different sites will be affected differently by different users sometimes sites are accesible from different locations though I expect that trolls may be largerly behind posts that say sites are accesible when they clearly are not,

I'm trading at btc-e presently, and it looks more like a deliberate attempt to spread fud on your part, honestly. The exchange did experience two major DDOS attacks two days ago, but the site was inaccessible for around an hour in the first case and for a dozen minutes in the second. If we are talking about right now ("its ongoing"), I haven't yet seen any delays today which could be attributed to continued DDOS attacks. By the way, I just looked through the exchange chat ("troll-box"), and there are no complaints there either (folks are mostly discussing when Bitcoin is going up again)...

So what is your agenda here?

SONG GEET

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 03:52:55 AM

The most frightening is the inside job that is possibly happening and the blame will be passed to the hackers. Its quite disappointing that they lost huge amount of bitcoin but they are not doing something maybe because it is their own doing.
One of the very good example of inside job could be seen on bitfinex recent hack, they lost 100,000+ BTC and never published details regarding how hackers get access to their funds invading their high security.  Angry

We need decentralized bitcoin trading platform.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
CraigWrightBTC

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2017, 04:02:36 AM

The most frightening is the inside job that is possibly happening and the blame will be passed to the hackers. Its quite disappointing that they lost huge amount of bitcoin but they are not doing something maybe because it is their own doing.
One of the very good example of inside job could be seen on bitfinex recent hack, they lost 100,000+ BTC and never published details regarding how hackers get access to their funds invading their high security.  Angry

We need decentralized bitcoin trading platform.
You are right we need decentralize bitcoins trading platform, unfortunately there are no many developers of markets that building markets on blockchains technology of bitcoins and i think it is will long time until there are markets decentralize bitcoins, I have heard there were markets decentralize trading bitcoin platform and it is still Beta and i am forget about it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: