Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:16:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Now Open] $1220 for >1.1MH/s Litecoin Miner -- Vorksholk's Mining Solutions  (Read 19168 times)
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 01:10:38 AM

bitcoin mining can goes up to a few hundred gh, and averaging on 70gh/s which will be 70mh/s if in litecoin equivalent...

Yes, for an ASIC. This is a GPU miner. Litecoin ASICs are a ways off Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DigitalDoom

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:32:26 AM

escrow?

Unfortunately during the early stages of this escrow would probably not be possible, as I need to buy the parts with the money from the purchases, so having the money come after I've tested and shipped the unit wouldn't hold well. Sorry :\

Keep in mind though that PayPal does protect buyers quite well, and therefore if I end up not shipping a product to you you could file a claim with them, and if I can't provide evidence of a shipping label, packaging, etc. then the money would be returned to your account. Smiley

Actually, Paypal does MUCH more to protect buyers than they do sellers. Sellers using Paypal take a very high risk of having their accounts froze and potentially never seeing the money they earned...I DO NOT recommend Paypal as an option for payment processing.

I've had 2 Paypal accounts frozen because of fraudulent buyers. Even though I was innocent and the victim in these incidences, Paypal froze my accounts, causing more lost money.

The first time, an Australian  buyer tried to use a stolen credit card number to purchase from me. Account was immediately frozen and lost all money in it (which luckily wasn't very much).

This last time it happened, they actually went into my personal checking account and took the money in question ($300+) out to freeze in my Paypal account...without any warning! All because a buyer filed a claim, trying to get more items than he paid for. After the bounced check fees, NSF fees, etc. it ended up costing me nearly $1,000.

Obviously, I will never use Paypal again!

Moral of the story...if a seller is willing to take on the risk of using Paypal as payment option, you can trust that your investment is safe! If you don't get your item, simply file a claim and the seller's business and personal finances will be immediately and without warning, frozen until you get either the item or a refund.

I strongly advise working with the seller though before going to Paypal. Filing a claim, whether it's legit or not, can potentially destroy the seller's business or personal finances. I've read stories of businesses having their account frozen for 6+ months with 10s of thousands of dollars in them. That could financially ruin a small/new business and possibly put a family's livelihood in jeopardy.
bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:37:06 AM

My only question is: with the current difficulty how many litecoins can this machine mine a day? 

I'm an early LTC investor and would love to buy one with my profits if not just for curiosity as I know nothing about building a computer.
dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:11:48 AM

about $7 or less per day depending on your electricity usage x 31 days = $217
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 02:19:13 AM

Yes, right now you're looking at $225-$250 a month. It is a long-term investment, and also serves to pay itself off much faster as the price of litecoins rise. (Mine $500 worth of Litecoins in first two and a half months, they then double, it has earned $1000).

bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:30:24 AM

Yes, right now you're looking at $225-$250 a month. It is a long-term investment, and also serves to pay itself off much faster as the price of litecoins rise. (Mine $500 worth of Litecoins in first two and a half months, they then double, it has earned $1000).

The only problem that I see.  Difficulty won't stay the same within that timeframe.  With asics in the wild and people with cpu/gpus that want to profit (everyone) will turn to LTC.  Difficulty will go up.  So now I'm mining less every other month with this machine.  So it becomes and even longer long term investment.

This is my reservation.
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 02:59:54 AM

The only problem that I see.  Difficulty won't stay the same within that timeframe.  With asics in the wild and people with cpu/gpus that want to profit (everyone) will turn to LTC.  Difficulty will go up.  So now I'm mining less every other month with this machine.  So it becomes and even longer long term investment.

This is my reservation.

True, the hope is that price and difficulty stay synced Smiley

dan99

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 03:02:37 AM

everyone wants a long term investment, but would it better if you could rather take back your investments in days rather than months? takes 6 to 7 months with 1.1MH/s Litecoin Miner... and this days gpu cards are cheap..go for FPGA miner that is a better choice.
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 03:08:00 AM

everyone wants a long term investment, but would it better if you could rather take back your investments in days rather than months? takes 6 to 7 months with 1.1MH/s Litecoin Miner... and this days gpu cards are cheap..go for FPGA miner that is a better choice.

Right, but FPGAs aren't out yet for litecoin.

datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:37:05 PM

MOBO: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131872 - $90
GPU: 2X http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202026 - $620
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104339 - $63
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103888 - $39
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151108 - $121
Plastic milk box: $10
2x Risers off ebay: $7
Any old HDD you can find, can get one for $10-15 on ebay

Total: $960-965

I doubt anyone is retarded to make a dedicated 2x 7950 miner in an actual pc case. It is not worth it.

That makes more sense... maybe I should pay attention to the details. Smiley

This sounds more like a resonably price.
I built 2 rigs with 2x7950 each last month for a total of less than 1400 € and they are hashing with over 2.2MH/s
And why this gigantic PSU? Just use a 630W for 45€ and 4 gig RAM. And there are ASRock mainboards with
2 PCIe 16x slots for less than 60€. I really don't get the pricing here

All this sounds like a rip off to me. Sorry

Curious.... was that supposed to say 1.2MH/s? If you are getting 2.2MH/s, could you let me know your over clocking stats and miner configuration? I'm building my rig with two 7950's tonight, but I didn't think I was going to do more than 1.3 or 1.4 at best and probably more like 1.2 average.

I think he built two rigs, each with 2x7950, for $1850 or so Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Saka

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:56:52 PM

Dan, I'm afraid you might be missing something. Litecoin uses a fundamentally different algorithm compared to Bitcoin. It's called scrypt, whereas Bitcoin uses SHA-256. Years went into development of speeding up SHA-256 to the point where hardware (FPGA's, then ultimately ASICs) was developed that significantly outpaced GPUs in terms of efficiency per dollar/watt. This specialized hardware is what allowed 60-70GH/s to be reached by a consumer-targeted machine, and let a lucky few who were able to get their hands on such machines make back their initial investments in a matter of a few days.

This technology doesn't exist for scrypt (Litecoin) yet. While I'm not sure I'd jump right onto the system at 1.1MH/s for $1200, it's not too far-fetched in terms of what it does for the price. Since ASICs/FPGA's don't exist for Litecoin, I'd estimate that trying to mine 60-70MH/s in Litecoin would cost an absolute minimum of $50,000.
gisfrancisco

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:15:13 PM

Order made today,looking forward to it getting here.
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 10:47:49 PM

Gisfrancisco has made the first order, will be putting together a tutorial soon with how to create your own miner too Smiley

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2013, 07:31:31 PM

Sold 2/3 introductory units. Smiley

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2013, 06:44:20 PM

Added pictures of our software to OP. Smiley

justabitoftime

Activity: 154

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 06:33:24 PM

Would love an update.

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 08:43:28 PM

Would love an update.

What would you like an update on? Perhaps some pics? Smiley

Herbalconfusion

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:48:50 PM

Interested still. Anyone received yet? You seem like a very straight forward and honest guy. Something which is a bit of a rarity in the online realm.
justabitoftime

Activity: 154

CoinTropolis

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 10:59:29 PM

Interested still. Anyone received yet? You seem like a very straight forward and honest guy. Something which is a bit of a rarity in the online realm.

This is what I'm looking for as well.

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2013, 11:26:30 PM

Our first two miners will be shipping out this coming Monday, I'd be more than happy to post some pics of the units, will probably be able to in around 6 hours. Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: