Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:05:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Now Open] $1220 for >1.1MH/s Litecoin Miner -- Vorksholk's Mining Solutions  (Read 19168 times)
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 11:49:40 PM

After some testing with the case having the side panel secured to the unit, the miner is still capable of 1.1MH/s in reasonably-temperatured environments (72F to 76F). I modified the case slightly by flipping the intake side fan to be an output fan -- so instead of blowing air down on the cards while  they are trying to spew warm air up, it works with the cards to pull the heat off the top of the cards.

I'm going to update my site in the next day or two to reflect the danger of opening the side of the case (small kids/pets sticking stuff in the fans, getting injured, touching hot stuff), and will be/am in the process of contacting people who have already ordered to make sure they are alright with the change in design/marketing/etc.

Will be accepting more orders at the new +$25 price very soon. Thanks for your patience. Smiley

VeriBlock: Securing The World's Blockchains Using Bitcoin
https://veriblock.org

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 12:48:11 AM

Testing has shown that, in a 76 degree Fahrenheit house, the unit is able to hash at just over 1.1MH/s and keep both cards in the 80-85C range, with the full case on, and assembled. It has been holding that hashrate+temp for a little over 2 hours, and is going strong.

It's also fairly quiet, quiet being, of course, a relative term.

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2013, 01:08:40 AM

Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 04:21:44 PM

Next week will be extremely busy for me, so accepting orders will continue after May 19th. Sorry for the inconvenience.

gica_contra

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2013, 06:35:06 PM

After some testing with the case having the side panel secured to the unit, the miner is still capable of 1.1MH/s in reasonably-temperatured environments (72F to 76F). I modified the case slightly by flipping the intake side fan to be an output fan -- so instead of blowing air down on the cards while  they are trying to spew warm air up, it works with the cards to pull the heat off the top of the cards.

I'm going to update my site in the next day or two to reflect the danger of opening the side of the case (small kids/pets sticking stuff in the fans, getting injured, touching hot stuff), and will be/am in the process of contacting people who have already ordered to make sure they are alright with the change in design/marketing/etc.

Will be accepting more orders at the new +$25 price very soon. Thanks for your patience. Smiley

The cards are directing air out from the back of you computer because of the heat-sink design. Did you thy "fan blows air into cads, they blow said air onto heatsink and out of the back of you you computer"? Not bashing just saying.
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2013, 09:43:42 PM

The cards are directing air out from the back of you computer because of the heat-sink design. Did you thy "fan blows air into cads, they blow said air onto heatsink and out of the back of you you computer"? Not bashing just saying.

Not quite sure what you are saying, but since these cards are non-reference-design, they tend to ventilate through the top of the card (opposite of the PCIe connection) as well. The fans, if left alone, would push air down into the cards while the cards are trying to push some air out the top. However, flipping the fan pulls out both the hot air exhausted from the top of the card, as well as the heated air the back of the boards produce.

Cheers!

gisfrancisco

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 12:27:22 AM

My mining rig is in

https://i.imgur.com/qdrcpjn.jpg

with the cover

https://i.imgur.com/gdoOwul.jpg

and without. been running 3 hours averaging 1180kh/s
card 0 78C card 2 75
I'm damn impressed with it,i may have to get another.
Thanks again Vorksholk
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2013, 12:39:14 AM

My mining rig is in

with the cover

and without. been running 3 hours averaging 1180kh/s
card 0 78C card 2 75
I'm damn impressed with it,i may have to get another.
Thanks again Vorksholk

Thanks Gis! Smiley

Herbalconfusion

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 05:07:17 PM

Glad to see it made it to you in working order! I am sure that was a major fear. haha
gisfrancisco

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 05:19:02 PM

running 4 days constantly, avg 1180 kh/s top card 80 C other 75 C.Room temp stays 72.Getting ready to put a vent a hood venting outside to get ready for the warm months here in Ky.
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 08:41:17 PM

Glad to see it made it to you in working order! I am sure that was a major fear. haha

Yeah, good to know I packed it good enough, shipping a somewhat-delecate thing for the first time is always scary. Smiley

computerparts

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:19:34 PM

PLease post a pic of the case.

it takes a LOT to keep a 2x7950 in a concealed case cool.

All it takes is the right fan positioning, airflow, and speed. It is possible to make a case setup run cooler than open air, but for that you need to basically turn the case into a vacuum.
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 09:21:59 PM

Warranty:
We don't provide any warranty ourselves on the machines we sell, however many of the components come with manufacturer warranties. You will need to open the box to send items back. We will guarantee that when the product leaves us, it works great.

I strongly recommend that you look up the notion of "statutory warranty," because as a seller, you cannot disclaim every warranty in most jurisdictions.

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2013, 09:50:35 PM

Warranty:
We don't provide any warranty ourselves on the machines we sell, however many of the components come with manufacturer warranties. You will need to open the box to send items back. We will guarantee that when the product leaves us, it works great.

I strongly recommend that you look up the notion of "statutory warranty," because as a seller, you cannot disclaim every warranty in most jurisdictions.

A statutory warranty, as I understand it, is used in real estate (mostly) and certifies that the seller has the title on the property being sold.

As a clarification, if a person would like to ship the product back to me for fixing I don't mind at all, as I can do the RMA myself. It is just cheaper and easier for the buyer to go through the manufacturer, as they only have to ship a light-weight part rather than a 40-pound monster.

drlukacs

l0tt0.com

View Profile
May 14, 2013, 11:52:06 PM

Warranty:

A statutory warranty, as I understand it, is used in real estate (mostly) and certifies that the seller has the title on the property being sold.

I am afraid you are wrong on that. You may wish to look up the Sales of Goods Act and the Consumer Protection Act of various provinces.

WHIRLWIND
|
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 12:03:27 AM

Warranty:

I am afraid you are wrong on that. You may wish to look up the Sales of Goods Act and the Consumer Protection Act of various provinces.

"For example, in Washington when a grantor (seller) delivers a statutory warranty deed, the grantor warrants "(1) That at the time of the making and delivery of such deed he was lawfully seized of an indefeasible estate in fee simple, in and to the premises therein described, and had good right and full power to convey the same; (2) that the same were then free from all encumbrances; and (3) that he warrants to the grantee, his heirs and assigns, the quiet and peaceable possession of such premises, and will defend the title thereto against all persons who may lawfully claim the same, and such covenants shall be obligatory upon any grantor, his heirs and personal representatives, as fully and with like effect as if written at full length in such deed." RCW 64.04.030. A warranty deed has nothing to do with the quality or condition of the improvements -- the warranties affect title only."

The Sales of Goods Act applies to the United Kingdom.

As for the Consumer Protection Act:
Whenever you buy merchandise, it comes with a warranty. This is a guarantee that it will serve the purpose it was purchased for - in other words, it will work.
 The two basic types of warranty are express and implied. An express warranty is a promise from the seller, either written, oral or in an ad, promising that the item will perform its function for a specified period. Whether the item purchased is new or used, an express warranty is a guarantee that the item will work. However, not all items come with an express warranty.

The law automatically provides the second type of warranty, the implied warranty. Implied warranties are a part of all retail sales of new and used consumer goods. Basically, the retailer of an item implies that the item will work properly and be of average grade and quality, as long as it is used for the purpose it was sold. For example, a refrigerator will keep stuff cool as long as you are not trying to cool the entire room, and a blender will blend as long as you are not blending rocks.

The Consumer Protection Act can last UP TO four years in perfect circumstances, but would be far less in the case of high-performance computing devices, which don't last nearly that long. It is an implied warranty that takes reasonable considerations into account. The products I sell are made from high quality parts, and will work well in areas with proper ventilation and cooling. My products do come with warranty; the manufacturer's warranty for every component is forwarded onto the buyer. As stated before, if the buyer wishes to pay for shipping, I'll gladly fix the product, however it is much faster and more cost effective for the buyer to go directly to the manufacturer.

drlukacs

l0tt0.com

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:16:46 AM

The Sales of Goods Act applies to the United Kingdom.

As for the Consumer Protection Act:
Whenever you buy merchandise, it comes with a warranty. This is a guarantee that it will serve the purpose it was purchased for - in other words, it will work.
 The two basic types of warranty are express and implied. An express warranty is a promise from the seller, either written, oral or in an ad, promising that the item will perform its function for a specified period. Whether the item purchased is new or used, an express warranty is a guarantee that the item will work. However, not all items come with an express warranty.

The law automatically provides the second type of warranty, the implied warranty. Implied warranties are a part of all retail sales of new and used consumer goods. Basically, the retailer of an item implies that the item will work properly and be of average grade and quality, as long as it is used for the purpose it was sold. For example, a refrigerator will keep stuff cool as long as you are not trying to cool the entire room, and a blender will blend as long as you are not blending rocks.

The Consumer Protection Act can last UP TO four years in perfect circumstances, but would be far less in the case of high-performance computing devices, which don't last nearly that long. It is an implied warranty that takes reasonable considerations into account. The products I sell are made from high quality parts, and will work well in areas with proper ventilation and cooling. My products do come with warranty; the manufacturer's warranty for every component is forwarded onto the buyer. As stated before, if the buyer wishes to pay for shipping, I'll gladly fix the product, however it is much faster and more cost effective for the buyer to go directly to the manufacturer.

You seem to forget that there is a certain country north of the US that seems to follow common law to a great extent, and has codified any of the UK precedents in its statutes. I suggest that you look up Sales of Goods Act and Consumer Protection Act of various Canadian provinces.

Just for starters: You, as the seller, will very likely have to pay for all shipping costs if something goes wrong.

WHIRLWIND
|
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
Vorksholk (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2013, 09:54:11 PM

Starting tomorrow we will begin taking orders again.

Price for the unit will stay (for now) at $1200.
Price for shipping in the contiguous 48 states will be $95, as we ship our miners fully insured. Smiley

Mapuo

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 22, 2013, 10:01:33 PM

OMG its $500 overpriced
drlukacs

l0tt0.com