Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:43:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: COIN NODES ON LINUX SERVER  (Read 408 times)
lowbander80 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 02:56:27 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2017, 03:41:12 AM by lowbander80

Looking for someone to show me how to run 2 coin nodes on a Linux server and run wallet daemon.Will pay

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 04:25:16 AM

Looking for someone to show me how to run 2 coin nodes on a Linux server and run wallet daemon.Will pay
1 - What two coins do you want to have running?
2 - Are the daemon's already installed on your server?
3 - How much are you offering?

4 - FYI it is generally a bad idea to run a wallet from a VPS (which I assume you are running), and it is generally il-advisable to run a wallet from a server that is running multiple nodes (unless you can independently verify that the code within the node software is not private key stealing malware).
lowbander80 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 02:16:27 PM

I wqant the coin up and running again it just needs some nodes and the wallet daemon running and a bit of mining to get chain going.Its still quoted on a minor exchange
onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 02:37:43 PM

I pmed you. I have pretty much knowledge of basic linux functions, so i think i am the man for the job. Also i enjoy working with them, so i think we should stay in contact Smiley
I have also ran a cryptonote pool, and i do currently run a node for 42coin (new chain).

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 01:35:38 AM

You know there is a guide out there to do it easily within 5 mins for a newbie, I have done it numerous times on both Windows & Linux platforms as well as Servers with Daemon Wallets though the problems most have is setting up the .conf file manually and pointing Cheesy Wink
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 04:21:10 AM

You know there is a guide out there to do it easily within 5 mins for a newbie, I have done it numerous times on both Windows & Linux platforms as well as Servers with Daemon Wallets though the problems most have is setting up the .conf file manually and pointing Cheesy Wink

i gave up trying to get half baked linux wallets working so just use wine for most of them now

im also happy to help hosting wallets and stuff

Nthused
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 02:11:39 AM

i gave up trying to get half baked linux wallets working so just use wine for most of them now

im also happy to help hosting wallets and stuff

There is also this if you feel lazy and have a Linux based system or partition and want to compile GUI Wallets automatically Wink Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=498746.0

It works out of the box for most SHA-256 & Scrypt coins but might need additional commands & or modifications to the script for some wallets and other coin algorithms.

As long as all dependencies are installed then you shouldn't have problems.

Still that won't help your server side setup since it is all command based with no GUI Grin Which is always fun for ones noggin Cheesy

Added note: You can always setup the coin daemon on the linux server, point your home PC coin client to it and wallah, the same goes when running other coin daemon/GUI instances at the same time Grin
lowbander80 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 02:42:50 AM

I have a Linux server with DO and Windows pc but as I said I am financing the coin myself and could pay 0.1 for anyone that can start and sync the chain.I also see someone here makes featured wallets about 0.15 so would employ him to make a brand new wallet
Nthused
Legendary

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 03:12:32 AM

I have a Linux server with DO and Windows pc but as I said I am financing the coin myself and could pay 0.1 for anyone that can start and sync the chain.I also see someone here makes featured wallets about 0.15 so would employ him to make a brand new wallet

Starting the blockchain and syncing temporarily is different to hosting a node.... what I explained will work for you so you can have your own network.

Added note: You can always setup the coin daemon on the linux server, point your home PC coin client to it and wallah
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: