Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:13:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The Million Dollar Bitcoin Homepage  (Read 4430 times)
BIGMERVE

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 02:20:15 PM

How about the Million Satoshi Home Page: Lose money on every pixel, but make it with volume.

When the smoke clears, you'll have .o1 bitcoins. When the exchange rates reaches $100,000,000/BTC, you'll have $1M--and an ugly looking website to boot (no pun intended).

That would just end with someone buying the whole page and putting a picture of their cat up.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keatonatron

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Jack of oh so many trades.

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:03:19 PM

How about the Million Satoshi Home Page: Lose money on every pixel, but make it with volume.

When the smoke clears, you'll have .o1 bitcoins. When the exchange rates reaches $100,000,000/BTC, you'll have $1M--and an ugly looking website to boot (no pun intended).

That would just end with someone buying the whole page and putting a picture of their cat up.

Win-win!

1KEATSvAhbB7yj2baLB5xkyJSnkfqPGAqk
szita2000

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 04:08:49 PM

The problem is this:

There is no PR according to google... Smiley

But hey I bet you anything that the folks from the bitcoin forum made some traffic !

Good luck with it !

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens...
IveGotaHunch (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 05:23:15 AM

The problem is this:

There is no PR according to google... Smiley

But hey I bet you anything that the folks from the bitcoin forum made some traffic !

Good luck with it !

PR?
szita2000

Activity: 78

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 07:47:46 AM

Google pagerank.

If your pagerank is high, the links on the page worth more, it goes from 1-9 This dude's website doesn't have one.

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens...
madmadmax

Activity: 740
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:27:33 AM

Surprisingly I have found a better project that exists:
www.millionbitpage.com

I'm sure most of you heard about The Million Dollar Webpage, well this is the bitcoin take on the idea, you can purchase any number of pixels for a really small price, after going through a fully automatic process the image will appear seconds after your payment receives the needed confirmations, after that another person can "outbuy" your pixels if he pays 3 times the amount it cost you and so on.

As of the moment the average price is 0.000075BTC per pixel, so you can purchase pixels for your forum avatars using your change and et cetera.

I am also hear listening to suggestions as always!

Interesting of how far this can go...

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:00:13 AM

Successful Internet Webpage Rule #1:  You should have no less than 4 self-taken pictures of yourself on the FAQ page for your site. If possible, dress them up with MS Paint-esque graphics for added effectiveness.

Successful Internet Webpage Rule #2:  State you want $1 million to go to college. Everyone loves paying for someone else to go to college, and everyone knows college costs $1 million. Ignore the fact that if you had $1 million you could instead choose to retire and not need college, ever.

Successful Internet Webpage Rule #3:  Think up a clever, original take on a previous idea (such as the $1 million webpage) and then make it completely unoriginal (by still having the webpage cost exactly $1 million USD but paid for in bitcoins, instead of, say, calling it the 10k bitcoin webpage and ignoring the current exchange rate of bitcoin to USD)

Overall grade: A+!

(Just having some fun...  Grin)

Lol. I've answered his other thread trying to spam this inane shit, I guess he's not quite clever enough to realize fragmenting the discussion doesn't work to his advantage.

Google pagerank.

If your pagerank is high, the links on the page worth more, it goes from 1-9 This dude's website doesn't have one.

He has the domain tho. Did you notice the domain? It's a domain.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
FireBlazzer

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 01:05:00 PM

Successful Internet Webpage Rule #1:  You should have no less than 4 self-taken pictures of yourself on the FAQ page for your site. If possible, dress them up with MS Paint-esque graphics for added effectiveness.

Successful Internet Webpage Rule #2:  State you want $1 million to go to college. Everyone loves paying for someone else to go to college, and everyone knows college costs $1 million. Ignore the fact that if you had $1 million you could instead choose to retire and not need college, ever.

Successful Internet Webpage Rule #3:  Think up a clever, original take on a previous idea (such as the $1 million webpage) and then make it completely unoriginal (by still having the webpage cost exactly $1 million USD but paid for in bitcoins, instead of, say, calling it the 10k bitcoin webpage and ignoring the current exchange rate of bitcoin to USD)

dude... you just gave me an idea!!!

step 1... take out a huge college bank loan... a million dollars sounds about right for most schools these days.  Smiley

step 2...  fuck college... use that money and move to a country were every thing is supper cheap and with 100 dollars u can live like a king,  and the women are hot and desperate to find a man to buy them a piece of bread.

step 3... PROFITT!

thanks excuse me i need to go "get an education"
tmbp

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 09:03:38 PM

step 1... take out a huge college bank loan... a million dollars sounds about right for most schools these days.  Smiley

step 2...  fuck college... use that money and move to a country were every thing is supper cheap and with 100 dollars u can live like a king,  and the women are hot and desperate to find a man to buy them a piece of bread.

step 3... PROFITT!

I can send you a rubber so you can attach it around the soap so when it slips out of your hands it will bounce right back into your hands, will be at the value of gold where you are going.
IveGotaHunch (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 11:26:57 PM

mpoe-pr I featured you cactus or flower bush on the blog here. http://www.milliondollarbitcoinhomepage.com/blog.php (let me know if that was  cactus or flower bush so I can fix its on the blog) tk
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 12:04:03 AM

step 3... PROFITT!

I can send you a rubber so you can attach it around the soap so when it slips out of your hands it will bounce right back into your hands, will be at the value of gold where you are going.

Funny you should mention rubbers as I will be selling Crytocondoms soon lol. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=181562.0
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 03:01:04 AM

I've a better idea! Sell the pixels as normal via PayPal, placing the ad/link/whatever in the allotted number of pixels, and in return the purchasers receive a rebate of 95% of the purchase price in bitcoins, thus earning a 5% vig on each purchase (may have to consider the fees, though). You may not have to worry about chargebacks since it would clearly show that what was purchased was indeed provided.

Once filled, start another one, all within the same domain. You can even do the reverse: purchase with bitcoins, but give a 95% rebate in dollars, taking into consideration of PP fees, of course.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 05:05:24 AM

Yes, you will worry about chargebacks, because it takes some scammer 2 minutes to find a not frequently used proxy (but still used), log into paypal, and then dispute a couple of hours later.
tmbp

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:01:15 AM

I've a better idea! Sell the pixels as normal via PayPal, placing the ad/link/whatever in the allotted number of pixels, and in return the purchasers receive a rebate of 95% of the purchase price in bitcoins, thus earning a 5% vig on each purchase (may have to consider the fees, though). You may not have to worry about chargebacks since it would clearly show that what was purchased was indeed provided.

Once filled, start another one, all within the same domain. You can even do the reverse: purchase with bitcoins, but give a 95% rebate in dollars, taking into consideration of PP fees, of course.

Pretty much this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o605DTjj7HU#t=01m20s

People come to you for marketing and in the end end up with BTC somehow
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 09:00:45 AM

Yes, you will worry about chargebacks, because it takes some scammer 2 minutes to find a not frequently used proxy (but still used), log into paypal, and then dispute a couple of hours later.

I had a feeling I missing something but opted to toss it out there none the same.

But, still thinking outside the box...

The original idea is one ugly looking static cluster fuck. What if somehow you sold the pixels making the overall look pleasing to the eye, coupled with the ability for the holder of the pixels to be able to sell them to some other entity, thus having an opportunity for all concerns to profit as well? (all via bitcoin, of course) Then, you'll have an ever changing fluid site.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: