Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:55:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have free electricity and internet  (Read 1880 times)
Jaymal (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:06:03 PM

I don't pay for Internet and electricity. I'm new to bitcoin, how long will it take me to mine 1Bt using my laptop?  Gpu 2gb 8gb ram i5 and how? THANKS FOR YOUR REPLİES.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
January 16, 2017, 10:39:13 PM

I'm curious how you manage to do it? Do you live with your parents? Smiley In this world nothing comes free, but if you really don't have to pay, for some reason, start mining. What most people struggle to achieve you will be given on a silver platter, as cost of electricity usually discourages people from mining and consumes most of their profits.
Just look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1750067.0

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 03:56:26 AM

how long will it take me to mine 1Bt using my laptop?  Gpu 2gb 8gb ram i5 and how? THANKS FOR YOUR REPLİES.

Hi! Nobody mines bitcoins with CPUs nowadays. The network difficulty is TOO HIGH for this to be possible. AFAIK there is no even a CPU-miner that mines on bitcoin's algo (sha-256).

If your laptop is the only gear you can use for mining, pay attention to CPU-oriented forks like monero (XMR) and may be some others.

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Wilhelmus

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:27:11 AM

It will take you an eternity. Sadly nowadays Bitcoin mining came to a point where an individual not possessing expensive ASICs can not mine. I recommend you to do not mine with your laptop as you will basically burn it.
Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:30:46 AM

Nonsense. My laptop at work is mining for many monthes and it's completely OK. The laptop will shut itself down in case of overheating.

Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
Jaymal (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 07:34:33 AM

Nonsense. My laptop at work is mining for many monthes and it's completely OK. The laptop will shut itself down in case of overheating.
hi in a month how much can I make if I use monero?
Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 08:01:46 AM

Do you want me to calculate numbers for you?  Smiley

Try to find the hashrate value for your exact CPU model. Then use this calculator (for example): https://dwarfpool.com/xmr/calc

Jaymal (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 08:02:59 AM

Do you want me to calculate numbers for you?  Smiley

Try to find the hashrate value for your exact CPU model. Then use this calculator (for example): https://dwarfpool.com/xmr/calc
thanks man
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 08:54:16 AM

thanks man

It will take 21 years by my calculations given the rising difficult, for you to generate 1 bitcoin cpu 24/7.

I'm curious how you manage to do it? Do you live with your parents? Smiley In this world nothing comes free

There is no such a thing as free electricity, if he does not pay then somebody else is.

Well it can't be helped, rising in bitcoin price reminds the gold rush, many people died in mines, this free electricity thinking is also killing many like the mines did.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:05:30 AM

Just want to throw out there that there are places in this world where you can live where electricity and water is included in your rent.

OP, I suggest you look into altcoin mining, easiest place to start is Nicehash with their switching miner.

Bottom line, you won't make much if anything for your efforts, maybe $1 USD a day max on your current laptop.
eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:40:45 AM

Yeah but is it proftable ? I mean consider the fact that you are stressing your laptop for few bucks a month. Laptops genrally have weak cpus and integrated/weak gpus
h311m4n

Activity: 487
Merit: 266

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 03:30:44 PM

thanks man

It will take 21 years by my calculations given the rising difficult, for you to generate 1 bitcoin cpu 24/7.

I'm curious how you manage to do it? Do you live with your parents? Smiley In this world nothing comes free

There is no such a thing as free electricity, if he does not pay then somebody else is.

Well it can't be helped, rising in bitcoin price reminds the gold rush, many people died in mines, this free electricity thinking is also killing many like the mines did.

Not necessarily.

You could very well have a setup with enough solar panels coupled with batteries that stock some of your solar energy for the night time. When the sun goes down, batteries go into action until morning. So, except for the fact there's an investment in the beginning, you're essentially getting free electricity.

Now OP says he wants to mine with a laptop, so he's probably in a dorm or whatever and someone is clearly paying for electricity/internet Smiley
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:11:23 PM

You could very well have a setup with enough solar panels coupled with batteries that stock some of your solar energy for the night time.

Enough for mining would mean A LOT. A decent amount of solar panels would cost him at least $3000, I wouldn't call it free electricity. He'll need a couple years until the investment returns. Also the more panels the more batteries you need to accumulate the power and these aren't cheap as well.

target
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 04:22:49 PM

Laptop isn't meant to run for more than 8 hours, it would over heat and will malfunction. What you need is to buy a desktop with GPU and mine coins but not BTC.
You can try XMR and the likes.

If I only have free electricity, I'd convert my room as a mining facility and makeshift as freezer.  Let my mining rig work everyday, its leterally going to be a XMR mine.

klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 05:17:18 PM

I don't pay for Internet and electricity. I'm new to bitcoin, how long will it take me to mine 1Bt using my laptop?  Gpu 2gb 8gb ram i5 and how? THANKS FOR YOUR REPLİES.

laptop wont mine anything.

build a gpu rig or buy a bitmain asic miner

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
felixbrucker

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 06:23:58 PM

im currently in the same situation, electricity is included in my rent

my computers are cpu mining and i also have set up some rigs, total power draw is somewhere between 5 and 6 kW (i have two breakers)

i have to say, cpu mining can yield some result but compared to gpu its not that high if you dont own a high end cpu

a fx8320e does 230-270 h/s in cryptonight, this does give you about 0.00035 BTC per day (on nh)
a decent intel i7 does more

mining with your laptop can be done, it depends on how long your fans live (probably the first and likely only thing to fail) and how easy it is to replace them
im mining with a spare laptop as well, it ran straight for the last 2 years, no fan failed yet, total usage time is 4 yrs now

the time to mine 1 BTC with only a laptop and (decent) mgpu will probably take about 1100 Days (3yrs), but thats only a rough estimate on current prices
Etherion

Activity: 512
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 08:46:31 PM

my computers are cpu mining and i also have set up some rigs, total power draw is somewhere between 5 and 6 kW (i have two breakers)

i have to say, cpu mining can yield some result but compared to gpu its not that high if you dont own a high end cpu

a fx8320e does 230-270 h/s in cryptonight, this does give you about 0.00035 BTC per day (on nh)

mining with your laptop can be done, it depends on how long your fans live (probably the first and likely only thing to fail) and how easy it is to replace them
im mining with a spare laptop as well, it ran straight for the last 2 years, no fan failed yet, total usage time is 4 yrs now

the time to mine 1 BTC with only a laptop and (decent) mgpu will probably take about 1100 Days (3yrs), but thats only a rough estimate on current prices

I wonder how long it will take for your landlord to realise that his power bill is costing much more than normal. your power is costing him about $500-$600 a month.
szachta

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:28:01 PM

I think you new but anyway trying mine btc in laptop is no recommended.Where is free electricity?
morantis

Activity: 868
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:30:10 PM

if all this is true, then mine another coin and convert that into BTC, the diff is too high, you might get really lucky between now and the time that yoiu start paying your own bills, but unlikely
felixbrucker

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 10:54:11 PM

I wonder how long it will take for your landlord to realise that his power bill is costing much more than normal. your power is costing him about $500-$600 a month.

actually they dont really seem to care about this, its a huge building with like 200-300 people in there

have been doing this since 3 and a half years now
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: