Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:23:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: To who whined about early adopters that bought cheap coins: now coins are cheap  (Read 4429 times)
Gabi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:02:03 AM

So in the past weeks i was reading about people that were like "omg early adopters bought cheap coins, while we can buy them only at 250, it is unfair"

Yeah well, now they are at 100, and some days ago even lower. If what you say is not epic trolling, then NOW is the time to buy.  Smiley Or you will come back when bitcoin will be at 500 crying "too high!" ?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:34:35 AM

So in the past weeks i was reading about people that were like "omg early adopters bought cheap coins, while we can buy them only at 250, it is unfair"

Yeah well, now they are at 100, and some days ago even lower. If what you say is not epic trolling, then NOW is the time to buy.  Smiley Or you will come back when bitcoin will be at 500 crying "too high!" ?

I think they meant people that bought or mined when it was a few cents to a few dollars but the point is correct.
If/when a coin costs 5,000 ( or more) then 100$ is still "early adopters"

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Gabi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:41:44 AM

Well, even after the 2011 bubble, the price dropped at most at 2, much higher than cents, but still, much lower than 32.

The price now is increasing, this may be the last chance to buy bitcoins at a such cheap price.

wingding

Activity: 770
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:29:22 PM

You argument is too simple. Certainly the price is much lower now. But I believe bitcoins trustworthiiness also has fallen. I was a relatively early adopter, put in quite a lot on BTC, expecting a nice rise. However the rollercoaster behaviour of last few days display some  fundamental weakness. I hva reduced my stakes considerably, not because I distrust bitcoin itself,  but I distrust the market, which I believe is highly manipualated.

tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:36:49 PM

Well, even after the 2011 bubble, the price dropped at most at 2, much higher than cents, but still, much lower than 32.

The price now is increasing, this may be the last chance to buy bitcoins at a such cheap price.

Price is still extremely high...up something like 500% in the last few months.  It may be your last chance to buy bitcoins at such a "cheap" price or BTC may never reach $150 again...as in NEVER.

It could go either way but the odds of it dropping to 50 are a lot higher right now than it seeing 200 in the next few weeks.
Rodyland

Activity: 499

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 01:48:29 PM

If you're in for the long haul (which you should be) then either bitcoin goes to the moon or it goes to zero.

Any drop in price should be greeted with celebration, as it's a chance to buy more. 

Beware the weak hands!
1NcL6Mjm4qeiYYi2rpoCtQopPrH4PyKfUC
GPG ID: E3AA41E3
blockbet.net

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Admin at blockbet.net

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 01:51:00 PM

People who complained about not being able to buy cheap coins earlier will not buy cheap coins now because there are risks involved Sad

Bitcoin Sports Betting online at www.blockbet.net, featuring NBA, NHL, UFC, football (soccer) and international competitions. Fast payouts directly to your wallet, great win odds, no need to register or deposit. Bet in just a few clicks now!
Bitmeat

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:47:34 PM

I cant figure out why anyone would call $100 cheap, they were half that a month before, and half that before the bubble started.

Best thing that could happen would be it crashes back to $10-30 and stays there for a few months at least. That will drive out the speculators and manipulators. I doubt that will happen with all the hoarding though.
GernMiester

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:49:58 PM

People who complained about not being able to buy cheap coins earlier will not buy cheap coins now because there are risks involved Sad

BAM, nail on the head..
Xiaoma

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:43:46 PM

I was one of the people complaining about having to buy over $200 when other had it cheap. Got burned in the last few days but I'm not worried about the future. Now just want more cheap coins Tongue

Funny enough, the only place that let me send money quick and cheap is bitfloor, where the price keep coming near $100 but never falling to the level of the other exchanges... I will double my coins when it does.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 09:00:05 PM

The best way to make money is to take no risk.

Just wait until Bitcoin is at a non-risky price and buy as much as you can.

I am sure that has done well for people in the past.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
John Self

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 09:09:24 PM

Price is still extremely high...up something like 500% in the last few months.  It may be your last chance to buy bitcoins at such a "cheap" price or BTC may never reach $150 again...as in NEVER.

It could go either way but the odds of it dropping to 50 are a lot higher right now than it seeing 200 in the next few weeks.

Truth

14GXJ3Q16PJNNF6v4iyxhvuhacuhvckMym
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 09:11:52 PM

BAM, nail on the head..

This.  If Bitcoin went below a buck the same people complaining about the unfairness of "cheap coins" would run away screaming Bitcoin has failed.  If Bitcoin recovered and in four years was at $500 again they would be again crying that it wasn't fair other people could buy cheap coins.

Hint:  Bitcoins were "cheap" at one time because nobody even knew they were going to be worth a penny in the future.
arepo

Activity: 448

this statement is false

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:38:10 PM

now coins are cheap

excuse my repetition, but remember: Bitcoin has been worth single digits or less for about half of its lifetime. Before 2013, bitcoin had only ever been worth more than $20 for two brief weeks, during a period generally known to all as an aberration.

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:43:54 PM

now coins are cheap

excuse my repetition, but remember: Bitcoin has been worth single digits or less for about half of its lifetime. Before 2013, bitcoin had only ever been worth more than $20 for two brief weeks, during a period generally known to all as an aberration.

This is silly. Averages only mean something if you are sampling from a distribution with a constant expected value. I wouldn't draw any conclusion from such analysis. We even have a plausible mechanism for why price would increase over time.
revans

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:46:51 PM

now coins are cheap

This is silly. Averages only mean something if you are sampling from a distribution with a constant expected value. I wouldn't draw any conclusion from such analysis. We even have a plausible mechanism for why price would increase over time.

Yes, and that very mechanism is why Bitcoin should be viewed with suspicion. Do you really see mass adoption of a currency that gets more and more expensive to new entrants?
bb113

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:52:07 PM

now coins are cheap

Yes, and that very mechanism is why Bitcoin should be viewed with suspicion. Do you really see mass adoption of a currency that gets more and more expensive to new entrants?

Yes, because I know bitcoin is useful, I have used it and dont just speculate. Do you really see mass adoption of a currency that gets less and less valuable to new entrants? Initial distribution is completely unfair. Bitcoin is first come, first serve, which is an understandable concept to people.
Gabi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 10:58:32 PM

now coins are cheap

Yeah well, bitcoin lifetime= only 4 years. I think it is impressive that in just 4 years it went from 0 to a billion dollar economy never hacked by anyone (sure, services and exchanges were hacked, but bitcoin no)

revans

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 11:04:23 PM

now coins are cheap

Yeah well, bitcoin lifetime= only 4 years. I think it is impressive that in just 4 years it went from 0 to a billion dollar economy never hacked by anyone (sure, services and exchanges were hacked, but bitcoin no)

Umm, what of the billions of Bitcoins credited to a wallet by a hack which had to be rolled back?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 11:06:29 PM

Anybody who right now buys at 100 will kick themselves for not being able to wait.
There are a few of you out there who still think they can turn this around, it's exactly the same situation like when I first joined this forums after the bust in 11.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: