Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:27:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We are still far behind mainstream acceptance  (Read 15967 times)
mrkevio

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 01:21:07 PM

We need Mass adoption than Mainstream acceptance. Actually, we don't need Mainstream acceptance for Bitcoins, because it will make the things worse. Some people don't understand what it is and it is hard to make them realize when they don't want to. Will hold our Bitcoins for a better future and it will be.

What does mainstream acceptance hurt us with? Reading titles in news like "Join Bitcoin, the great anonymous currency" would make many interested in it and would bring mass adoption to BTC. I don't think it would hurt the price or any of us..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 01:26:06 PM

We need Mass adoption than Mainstream acceptance. Actually, we don't need Mainstream acceptance for Bitcoins, because it will make the things worse. Some people don't understand what it is and it is hard to make them realize when they don't want to. Will hold our Bitcoins for a better future and it will be.

What does mainstream acceptance hurt us with? Reading titles in news like "Join Bitcoin, the great anonymous currency" would make many interested in it and would bring mass adoption to BTC. I don't think it would hurt the price or any of us..

the issue is not just telling people to come "join bitcoin" the issue is to tell them to come and then what?
the mainstream adoption needs capability to handle that size of transaction per second. right now it is impossible to do so because of the block size limits.
and also there is not enough merchants and services accepting bitcoin so it continues being just an investment.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 05:47:20 AM

Yes, Even when I discuss bitcoin with my friends and family members, they raise a bunch of questions and eager to associate bitcoin with Ponzi scheme without knowing anything. I think we as a community should build some awareness on the individual level so that this massive understanding would fade away. In my country less than 0.1% of the population is using bitcoin, so we are far away from mainstream acceptance at this moment.
Yes that is one of the disadvantage of it that most of the people who are not aware of internet or online shopping or online earning or investment, they ont really trust in such type of currency or online wallet but I think in future it will be a different case.

The only hope against these types of people, would be investment opportunity of bitcoins, because I made 2 of my friends to adopt bitcoin bys showing its price levels. Mass adoption is the only way to achieve main stream acceptance.
Mass adoption and main stream acceptance is like the chicken and the egg, what needs the other first or maybe they are even the same.
Nevertheless the journey will be a long one, especially for most of the older people (say about 50+). They do not care if it is a good investment, since the are not looking to invest. They do not care if you can pay online with it, as long as they still can pay with their good old fiat, if they ever shop online. To get those people on board will take ages, if they are not forced, because you will only be able to pay in Bitcoin for certain things. This also opens up the question, if we want or need that support and acceptance from them or if we can do it without?   

We are lucky in that case as the average age of the population of my country is less than 35 years and the overall population is around 1.30 Billion. This population with the average age of less than 35 years is a very good sign for the future. I am sure with technological advancements and mass awareness would bring the whole new generation in cryptocurrency.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:08:16 AM

the issue is not just telling people to come "join bitcoin" the issue is to tell them to come and then what?
the mainstream adoption needs capability to handle that size of transaction per second. right now it is impossible to do so because of the block size limits.
and also there is not enough merchants and services accepting bitcoin so it continues being just an investment.

I agree bitcoin still in the early step toward better future, for now there are a lot of people hesitate to used bitcoin because of the negative rumors, and bitcoin will never be over fiat because fiat is the country's economic foundation, to be able to go mainstream we need a lot of user, shop and other company to accepting bitcoin when that happened maybe bitcoin can go mainstream

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:20:48 AM

There will be no better future if bitcoin doesn't go mainstream or demand for it doesn't get increased over time. Also i don't think there is anything wrong with going mainstream and bitcoin have already got acceptance by big corporates along with small local merchants all over the world. So bitcoin is already in its way to mainstream acceptance..
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:40:43 AM

There will be no better future if bitcoin doesn't go mainstream or demand for it doesn't get increased over time. Also i don't think there is anything wrong with going mainstream and bitcoin have already got acceptance by big corporates along with small local merchants all over the world. So bitcoin is already in its way to mainstream acceptance..
Bitcoin is on the way to be mainstream. An example of such a bitcoin usage is the acceptance in several corporates and other advancement. One of the travel partner Airbnb has come with a we accept slogan for the goodness of bitcoin's mainstream acceptance.
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:45:06 AM

Bitcoin is on the way to be mainstream. An example of such a bitcoin usage is the acceptance in several corporates and other advancement. One of the travel partner Airbnb has come with a we accept slogan for the goodness of bitcoin's mainstream acceptance.

This is another good news and another step for bitcoin towards the mainstream. Though bitcoin is not yet on the mainstream but there are merchants, local shops, schools, taxis, etc that has started to accept bitcoin. If this continues and other business will accept bitcoin then mainstream is much closer than what we expect. But for today let us keep promoting bitcoin until big business owners will accept bitcoin due to its large market.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 09:04:28 AM

What happened after the 21 million coins are mined? If (bitcoin) become a universal currency, so the richest guy is the one that hold most coins? How much will it be if 21 million coins are to split for the 7 billion people on earth? Is fiats equivalent of paper? Can the elderly use them? What if another algorithm replace bitcoin in the future? Is the holder vulnerable to hacking? Do we need general acceptance if I want to use bitcoin? Why can’t we just use fiat if just for payment? Can we guarantee the storage of value via bitcoin?
The answer to the above questions is mocking bitcoin as human excrement.

the adoption rate is always slow and it will never reach 100% or even a high percentage above 50%. many believe that the adoption will always be around 10 to 20% of the world and there is enough coins for this amount.
also the richest guy in the world who hold a lot of coins is only rich if he sells them and if he sells them it means these coins are being distributed among the rest of the world and if he holds them it means he is just holding something valuable and the supply is low and price will go up.
and besides people always forget that there are 8 decimal places in bitcoin which makes the number of coins available a 10^8 times more.

Only Bitcoin
Cashew

Activity: 391
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 09:29:52 AM

They are of course great concerns to solve, but these people are low-educated ones. What we need to focus on is to get as most people we can onboard. Then they will get us another people onboard, and when some of their friends will use Bitcoin those low-educated people will join us as they are easily influenced.
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 12:09:26 PM

They are of course great concerns to solve, but these people are low-educated ones. What we need to focus on is to get as most people we can onboard. Then they will get us another people onboard, and when some of their friends will use Bitcoin those low-educated people will join us as they are easily influenced.

Perfect plan but its implementation looks challenging. We definitely need to get a lot of people onboard but how? Nobody's willing to commit to this cause as I have said time and time again on this forum that there need to be a wide spread of the Bitcoin news but nobody seems to be totally concerned so that makes me think it will be difficult getting people onboard unless we all make it a duty.
hl5460 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2017, 01:49:57 AM

We are not willing to mention bitcoin unless we are being asked.

MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 02:28:04 PM

We need Mass adoption than Mainstream acceptance. Actually, we don't need Mainstream acceptance for s, because it will make the things worse. Some people don't understand what it is and it is hard to make them realize when they don't want to. Will hold our s for a better future and it will be.

What does mainstream acceptance hurt us with? Reading titles in news like "Join , the great anonymous currency" would make many interested in it and would bring mass adoption to BTC. I don't think it would hurt the price or any of us..

the issue is not just telling people to come "join " the issue is to tell them to come and then what?
and also there is not enough merchants and services accepting  so it continues being just an investment.

I agree  still in the early step toward better future, for now there are a lot of people hesitate to used  because of the negative rumors, and  will never be over fiat because fiat is the country's economic foundation, to be able to go mainstream we need a lot of user, shop and other company to accepting  when that happened maybe  can go mainstream
yeah that is one of the disadvantage of it that most of the people who are not aware of internet or online shopping or earning or investment. they don't really trust in such type of currency or online wallet but i think in future it will be overcomed.
jexphe2k

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 06:29:05 PM
Last edit: May 27, 2017, 06:41:15 PM by jexphe2k

Netease released a bitcoin story Monday. Founded in 1997, NetEase is one of the most influential online portal in China and renowned for its dynamic “comment culture”. So far 439 comments with 8,422 votes have been generated around the topic. These arguments certainly reflect the mainstream mindset. But the comments from viewers are not so friendly. The top 3 comments with most upvotes reads:

1. I have developed a MarsCoin after years of effort. It’s estimated to rise to 100,000 USD in 10 years. Martians may get free coins by upvote me.

2. The 2nd post raised a series of questions:
http://news.8btc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/netease-2.jpg
What happened after the 21 million coins are mined? If (bitcoin) become a universal currency, so the richest guy is the one that hold most coins? How much will it be if 21 million coins are to split for the 7 billion people on earth? Is fiats equivalent of paper? Can the elderly use them? What if another algorithm replace bitcoin in the future? Is the holder vulnerable to hacking? Do we need general acceptance if I want to use bitcoin? Why can’t we just use fiat if just for payment? Can we guarantee the storage of value via bitcoin?
The answer to the above questions is mocking bitcoin as human excrement.

3. The 3rd one gives two suggestions:1. If you have sufficient funds, take your chance. 2. If you want to lose everything, take your chance.

http://news.8btc.com/bitcoin-story-by-netease-stirs-up-negative-comments-among-chinese

I agree we still far behind, specially now that BLOCKCHAIN have too much backlog, i have many transaction still in queue, too much delay now. What happened to BITCOINS promises of speedy transaction, and beside TRANSACTION fee are looming up another broken promise of low transfee? I have calculated transfee of 80K satoshi(medium speed) and converted it into our currency PHP, its around 150 php it is too much if you intend to send say some 900k satoshi. But if u send large amount of BTC 80K satoshi is cheap. Do ordinary people send large BTC on the NET? What happen if things keep goin on, will we ever go mainstream with this trend?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: