Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:05:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Using Bitcoin and altcoins when under 18  (Read 10136 times)
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:45:46 AM

I dont think bitcoin requires an age bracket with regards to its transactions, usage or functions. Anyone can use it not unless they do some illegal acts with it. Young ones who have the eagerness to earn are the ones who needs to encourage. Just make them realize its responsibility and i think there are no problem with it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:51:50 PM

As has opined by majority of writers here, I also think that exchange sites did not make any restrictions or limit to bar any category of persons to register on their sites not even lunatics.

Logically however, the reason for no restrictions or bars as the case maybe is that bitcoin is seen and operated as fiat and off course, there are no bars on people who are to make use of fiats. So, why would there be bars on the people to use or register for the accessibilities or for the purpose of bitcoin?

Also, another cogent reason for no restrictions yet as to age or capacity of investors on registrations to exchange sites in my view is that, there has not been any "strong" ban on bitcoin by a country or even if there have been and because of the decentralized nature of bitcoin, it has arm twisted such proposed "ban". Thus, the exchange sites has to go on with normal business. For the records however, I have not witnessed age restrictions myself.

Hence legally, Equality is Equity. No restrictions to the use of fiat for both old and young. This is the major reason I think that also arm twisted any bars as to age to the use of bitcoin.
james1009

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:13:38 AM

Personally i know a lot of people under 18 are making good money here and help them to support for their studies. So, so I think do not there's anything to worry about that.
ipanks

Activity: 1610
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:41:30 AM

maybe you can follow my advice. since you are not yet 18 years, why don't you just keep your profit in bitcoin only or in altcoin or in both bitcoin and altcoin or you can save it in tether or you can ask your parents to help you to cash out the money. from this, you can use localbitcoin to sell your bitcoin to fiat and I think you don't get any problem since, in localbitcoin, there are not too many requirements to cash out our bitcoin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Rooster101

Activity: 826
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:52:00 AM

Minors are supposed to take care and finish their studies first before joining any business ventures or trade but it hard to avoid that there are some business-minded minors that want to make some profits particularly in cryptocurrency trading. Some crypto exchanges have already stopped accepting minors like coinbase and bithumb and others might follow soon. But there are still no laws banning minors from using or investing in bitcoin or in any cryptocurrencies and they have the right to possess some amounts of bitcoin unless they use it in illegal activities.
Abubakaradam

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:16:02 AM

Minors are supposed to take care and finish their studies first before joining any business ventures or trade but it hard to avoid that there are some business-minded minors that want to make some profits particularly in cryptocurrency trading. Some crypto exchanges have already stopped accepting minors like coinbase and bithumb and others might follow soon. But there are still no laws banning minors from using or investing in bitcoin or in any cryptocurrencies and they have the right to possess some amounts of bitcoin unless they use it in illegal activities.

I agree with you. But in today's technology is growing very rapidly let alone aged 18 years to 3th already using technology and the role of parents is very important in its application. Because internet access is easy one can enter. So in business even under age they are entitled whereas positively.
the-doctor

Activity: 542
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:38:12 AM

Man can you use dollars bellow 18? offcourse you do so I do not see why you cannot use crypto.. Investing is another stroy though

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 06:27:02 PM

Hello,
I'm wondering how can you trade with bit/altcoins when you're under 18 years old. I currently need to transfer some ethereum coins (earned by mining) to bitcoin and eventually to real cash. I know that you can use LocalBitcoins.com, however you can only trade bitcoin here. How about altcoins?

Thanks.

I think you can tell your friends (over 18 years old) to help you. Many of friends (under 18 years old) invest in altcoins, some of them they ask help to parents, brother/sister, and friends. I think is the best solutions for you and wait until your old 18. No need to worry, altcoins is good investmnet for long term.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 769

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 07:13:00 PM

Hello,
I'm wondering how can you trade with bit/altcoins when you're under 18 years old. I currently need to transfer some ethereum coins (earned by mining) to bitcoin and eventually to real cash. I know that you can use LocalBitcoins.com, however you can only trade bitcoin here. How about altcoins?

Thanks.

I think you can tell your friends (over 18 years old) to help you. Many of friends (under 18 years old) invest in altcoins, some of them they ask help to parents, brother/sister, and friends. I think is the best solutions for you and wait until your old 18. No need to worry, altcoins is good investmnet for long term.
That would be the best option which this thing is being done by my friend which is only on minor age.Hes just on highschool but he do earn some decent amount of bitcoin or altcoins thats why he do have a hard time on cashing out thru himself but he find a way by just using his parents informations to cash em out without any problems.You can make use of your friends information too but depending if they would allow you to do so.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:51:06 PM

Hello,

Thanks.
Theres no restriction when it comes to age when you are engaging into altcoins or any other crypto as long you do have the knowledge to deal with it then you are just fine. Talking about conversion of ETH to BTC would really be just simple.One is localbitcoins but you can still go in other methods if you don't like to use LBC. Just simply convert it into exchange specially on local ones which do operates in your country and just simply transfer it directly into your bank account once converted.
Your right using bitcoin had no restrictions, also this crypto currency had no discrimination. Even what kind person are allowed to used bitcoin.

Age, gender or anything is not questioning by the developers of this coin. Because all of them are equally in the law or even in the eye of the owners of this coin project.
I think you have a point, we are same point of view. Bitcoin are not requiring age because like the other said it is only a numbers. As I observed most of the people in our country who used bitcoin and other crypto currency are mellenials. Then thru them they were shared it to their kids that's why even students are using bitcoin, so I guess even children are allowed to used crypto currencies.
lance04

Activity: 462
Merit: 112

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:43:44 PM

It is a great idea since it will help the teenagers or millennials to have already a option on how to earn money in most conve convenient and easiest way. 
Unfortunately they are prohibited by the law to enter in this kind of transaction alone.  They need a parents consent or a guardian that will guide them in all transaction in order to be recognize and more legal
mabell943

Activity: 590
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 07:12:01 AM

The law will prevent this since the minor are not allowed to enter in a contract unless they are with their guardian or parents to deal with it.
ronealdenila
Copper Member

Activity: 191
Merit: 1

Telegram Username: @Webn_BountyManager

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 06:22:44 AM

You can try to trade at binance or even at the other trading site which they won't need a KYC requirement in order for you to make a withdrawal. Because I'm pretty sure they are strict when it comes to age when there's a KYC on a specific trading site

Offers affordable and well-managed Bounty Campaign
cryptojac17

Activity: 490
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:52:18 AM

You can try to trade at binance or even at the other trading site which they won't need a KYC requirement in order for you to make a withdrawal. Because I'm pretty sure they are strict when it comes to age when there's a KYC on a specific trading site
Usually minors are needed to have a parent  consent if they trade  to some trading site which needs KYC they should need parents assistance, but  threre also trading site that don't need  KYC's so actually they can use us crypto freely as long as they know  how  use it I think  there is no problem.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:18:38 PM

Usually minors are needed to have a parent  consent if they trade  to some trading site which needs KYC they should need parents assistance, but  threre also trading site that don't need  KYC's so actually they can use us crypto freely as long as they know  how  use it I think  there is no problem.

Well as long as a person understands how it works then i don't see any problems. With how today's generation easily copes with technology, it's not going to be surprising that minors would have an idea or would know how to deal with cryptos. Not just for trading but mining, doing campaigns., faucets etc

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Untitled01

Activity: 44

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 05:35:42 PM

you can try poloniex or bittrex for altcoin trading, i don't remember bittrex asking for any minimum age for trading, nor they can't prove it, because they don't even require document for trading that do not involve fiat
If the exchange finds activity suspicious, they may require documents. In this case, you can lose the entire deposit. They should be used with caution and with small amounts.
okissabam

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 10:34:10 AM

I think there are some exchange sites that a person umder 18 yrs old can do trading with, thise that does not necessarily need a verification when registering an account like Poloniex and Bittrex but the problem would be if you want to withdraw it from those exchange sites.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:09:25 PM

I think there are some exchange sites that a person umder 18 yrs old can do trading with, thise that does not necessarily need a verification when registering an account like Poloniex and Bittrex but the problem would be if you want to withdraw it from those exchange sites.
I hope that we will allow those person who are under age of 18 since they do have the capacity to earn right now, and I don't think that they would not understand the crypto concept when in fact they can fully understand it because they have the ability to explore things in the internet since they do have a lot of time to do it.
cetald

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 09:18:12 AM

Some exchanges require verification for trading altcoins. But at the same time, there are many exchanges without verification. Therefore, I do not see any obstacles.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:55:43 PM

If the exchange finds activity suspicious, they may require documents. In this case, you can lose the entire deposit.
As long as you can prove the source of your funds, you won't be losing anything. Only when you can't prove (or don't want to prove) where your fiat and coin desposits came from, you have to worry about losing your funds, and then obviously only when their system detects suspicious activity. That being said, if you know your funds aren't obtained legally, you shouldn't use a centralized service in the first place, because that's the most stupid thing you can do in times where exchanges are subject to strict regulations.

They should be used with caution and with small amounts.
There is no basic definition of a small amount that one should trade with on exchanges. It differs per person's financial status; what you consider to be a large amount, is literally pocket change for others. The only thing you should care about is that you only trade on properly registered/licensed exchanges, and that when you're done trading, you withdraw everything. There is absolutely no reason why anyone should hold coins on an exchange when there isn't any trading activity going on. It's like playing Russian roulette with your funds.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: