Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:56:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Test your ability to send ripples or bitcoin.  (Read 1128 times)
angelgeeks (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:15:53 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 08:47:50 PM by angelgeeks

Greetings,

Just thought I'd see what happens when you reach out to a community and ask for a little help in exchange for a little help back.

Please send whatever you can afford to part with to:  
Ripple Address:   rMgTVeaLSvZTEbdyBMkPf9C3WYvh9pgxAt  
or
Bitcoin Address:  17qzaQHNc63ZuTQ5E9EtnLGthbUvYSASHv

Would like to see if it works and if so how well it can work.

I will be happy to let anyone and everyone know who has sent me any amount of ripples or bitcoins if they were successful in doing so. Of course, there are likely to be many other ways for you to do the same thing without enriching me but I figured I might as well try this out and see what happens.

Please wish me good luck and prosperity. I too am one who does a fair amount of giving (supply computers and do computer repair work for special needs organizations, etc.)  and hope to do a lot more and will do a lot more regardless of whether or not I do well here.

Regards,
Joe - AngelGeeks
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:16:59 PM

AFAIK you can only send ripples to that address...

un0mic

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 06:18:04 PM

Grin i cant just send the weed? lol
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 06:19:17 PM

Have some ripple stamps lying around in my account, you can have those as I don't need them for anything. I sold most of them for bitcoins to some suckers.

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:20:52 PM

Thanks! although I'm not sure what you mean by that. I can only receive replies?

The way it read at ripple is: "This is your public address. Give this address to other users so they can send you money.

rMgTVeaLSvZTEbdyBMkPf9C3WYvh9pgxAt

Are you saying that I have to send someone a request for money and THEN they can send me money?
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:23:05 PM

Thanks! although I'm not sure what you mean by that. I can only receive replies?

The way it read at ripple is: "This is your public address. Give this address to other users so they can send you money.

rMgTVeaLSvZTEbdyBMkPf9C3WYvh9pgxAt

Are you saying that I have to send someone a request for money and THEN they can send me money?

I'm saying you can only receive XRP (Ripples) via that address.  If you want Bitcoin, you would have to get a Bitcoin address (these start with the number 1, while ripple addresses start with the letter r)

Now, from that point, you can attempt to convert ripples into Bitcoin, but that's a journey you'll have to make on your own, as I have no idea how that works Tongue

angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:23:31 PM

Got it! Ripples only to that address...OK...will edit that. Thanks!
angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:32:40 PM

OK Thanks to everyone for your willingness to even take time out to comment and/or steer me in the right direction. Looking forward to seeing how this all shakes out with bitcoin and ripple xrp's. Good Luck to everyone else as well.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:32:58 PM

All right sent you some XRP.

Use it wisely.  Tongue

angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:34:39 PM

WOW! Thanks a bunch! Your name obviously does you justice or you do justice to your name. Will check and get back!
angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:37:04 PM

Hi Mike....Congratulations to you and me. You are the first person I have done anything successful with as far as cryptocurrency stuff.
I received your 200 like instantly.
Thank You so Much! I really appreciate it. It may seem like a small thing to you but it was something special to me.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:38:52 PM

No problem pal Grin  Ripples seem a little useless to me tho so I sent you a dollar's worth of BTC as well.

angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:41:28 PM

WOW! Fantastic...I will now try and figure out where it was I signed up for the bitcoin account. I did manage to save the bitcoin address and password protected the zip folder that contained the info but now I have to get busy finding out how to discern where it is I can find out about what is in it it.

Maybe you have an easy explanation or do I have to go to the original place I signed up at?

Thanks!
Joe
ThemThereHills

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:43:03 PM

Are you simply attempting to learn how digital currency transactions work via a hands-on method?
ReCat

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 06:43:12 PM

Aww lol. Can I have a bit of free money too? xD

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:44:12 PM

Yeah you'll have to take care of it wherever you signed up for the wallet.  I assume they're holding your private key, which is an even longer address used only to send Bitcoin (after all, if you can't send Bitcoin, then it's as good as gone.)

Once you do figure it out, I recommend getting a local wallet instead (I personally use Electrum, since it doesn't have to download the blockchain.)

angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:44:27 PM

BTW - Mike Christ...What is a digital painting service? Maybe I can send some work your way when the opportunity presents itself.

As for the other questions...yes I'm trying to put it into practice and trying to get my feet wet with respect to this as I do support the idea wholeheartedly.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:46:17 PM

Aww lol. Can I have a bit of free money too? xD

I sent you a quarter lol

BTW - Mike Christ...What is a digital painting service? Maybe I can send some work your way when the opportunity presents itself.

If you click on the link, you'll find a thread showcasing my artwork.  I'm an artist, and will paint anything you need me to for Bitcoin.

ReCat

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 06:47:18 PM

Lol yay! I have a quarter. X3

BTC: 1recatirpHBjR9sxgabB3RDtM6TgntYUW
Hold onto what you love with all your might, Because you can never know when - Oh. What you love is now gone.
angelgeeks (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 06:50:39 PM

OK Mike...sounds good...will be sure to check it out. I just now am panicking a little in that I want to hurry up and verify to you that I received the bitcoin like I said I would. So I may be away from this thread for a little bit while I try and figure it out. Thanks!

It wouldn't matter if it was a penny....I'm excited to see this thing working in realtime.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: